Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
13,681 - 13,700 of 21,392 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>MUG hasn't even acknowledged I've questioned him. Where does THAT place me in the queue? He's in denial of everything bearing so much as a minuscule resemblance to the truth, as well as fundamental logic. I gave-up when he did a runner, & I can't be bothered with his kind of contribution any longer.He desecrates bandwidth just by signing in.
That is what a bit annoying of him.His views are very illogical.He just evaded my questions when I pointed out to his embarrassingly illogical statements.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

This is a common Middle Eastern tactic. When you don't like a question ignore it, ramble on about something else completely unrelated and hope to change the subject or that the person gives up asking you the unwanted question.
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>That is what a bit annoying of him.His views are very illogical.He just evaded my questions when I pointed out to his embarrassingly illogical statements.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Year 2038 a Mayan Calendar thing?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
See the "low level of decency" to which our great scholars have fallen on these threads.
How could you have discussions with such people, who have lost all sense of decency and how to talk in a civilized manner.
Pure projection from you.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

A soldier returns from Iraq and places a cross on the military base at camp Pendelton to memorialize his fallen comrades. Atheist-Fundamentalists sue to remove it because it is on public property. :-)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SG wrote:
1. Christians (it is claimed there are up to 2 billion of them) believe that Jesus is the only way, that he is unique and believing in ehat he did as recorded in the gospels in the only way to be saved.

02. They believe that Muhammad is a false prophet, and that he didn't fulfill any detailed prophecy. Stories about Muhammad splitting the moon in two and flying on a winged horse to heaven, are according to Christians, absurd fairy tales.

03. Muslims live in their bubble of delusion kidding themselves in believing one set of fairy tales. Christians are in a separate bubble of delusion believing in their set of fairy tales. The only sensible people are those who are outside both sets of delusional bubbles, and can think for themselves and reason for themselves, without the need to believe in religious dogma or ridiculous stories.

The reason why someone would believe in Allah, or the Christian Trinity, or Krishna, or Buddha, has little to do with what is the "true religion". In nearly all cases it is because that is the religion that someone has been indoctrinated into since birth. For example in the town where I live there is a Anglican church, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist and Evangelical churches.

There are no mosques, sikh temples, buddhist temples, hindu temples, etc. Therefore it is highly unlikely anyone where I live would voluntarily adopt Islam. But in a neighbouring city there are lots of mosques. Where first, second and third generation immigrants are muslims. They are muslims because that is what they have been brought up to believe is true. It is not based on a rational assessment of the evidence.
Ans.

01. So if Christians become 5 Billion and start believing that Sun does not give the light, but moon gives it, it would become the truth?

In these matters they have to bring proofs from their scripture to confirm what they believe in.

Jesus was the "Only Way to God" when his mission was on. This is true for every prophet of God during the period of their Mission.

02. Christians saying that our prophet is a false prophet would not make him a false prophet.

Our prophet did fulfill all the prophesies made about him both OT and NT books.

Well if you are talking about miracles, then Jesus being born of Virgin Mary and removing all those evil spirits from people… are worse fairy tales than what our prophet did,

04. Every one can say and believe that his or her religion is the true religion. But you should not take every claim of their face value and say all of them are correct or all of them are false.

You should ask people to bring proofs for their claims and then use reason and logic to find out who is speaking the truth.

It has become a fashion these days for people either to say all religions are true or all are false.

Ask Christians, did Jesus named his followers as Christians? Did Jesus ever used the Term Trinity? Did Jesus ever told that he is personal Saviour of every one?

So what majority of Christians believe are not what Jesus taught. It is what their popes and their priests teach.

In case of Islam, every muslim belief if traceable to either Quran or saying of our prophet.

05. And same way it is wrong that every one follows the religion of their family. If that was the case how come there are 2 billion Christians in the world today?

It means that many people changed the religion of their parents and became Christian at some time.

The same is true for Islam and the same is true for Hinduism and Buddhism etc.

So who are we to stop this choice from people and say "from now on, no one will change his religion"?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. So if Christians become 5 Billion and start believing that Sun does not give the light, but moon gives it, it would become the truth?
In these matters they have to bring proofs from their scripture to confirm what they believe in.
Jesus was the "Only Way to God" when his mission was on. This is true for every prophet of God during the period of their Mission.
02. Christians saying that our prophet is a false prophet would not make him a false prophet.
Our prophet did fulfill all the prophesies made about him both OT and NT books.
Well if you are talking about miracles, then Jesus being born of Virgin Mary and removing all those evil spirits from people… are worse fairy tales than what our prophet did,
04. Every one can say and believe that his or her religion is the true religion. But you should not take every claim of their face value and say all of them are correct or all of them are false.
You should ask people to bring proofs for their claims and then use reason and logic to find out who is speaking the truth.
It has become a fashion these days for people either to say all religions are true or all are false.
Ask Christians, did Jesus named his followers as Christians? Did Jesus ever used the Term Trinity? Did Jesus ever told that he is personal Saviour of every one?
So what majority of Christians believe are not what Jesus taught. It is what their popes and their priests teach.
In case of Islam, every muslim belief if traceable to either Quran or saying of our prophet.
05. And same way it is wrong that every one follows the religion of their family. If that was the case how come there are 2 billion Christians in the world today?
It means that many people changed the religion of their parents and became Christian at some time.
The same is true for Islam and the same is true for Hinduism and Buddhism etc.
So who are we to stop this choice from people and say "from now on, no one will change his religion"?
You haven't explained why your illiterate child-raper managed to ... "write" the quoran.

But if, by magic, he WAS the author?

That explains ... quite a bit-- it certainly explains why the quorian is so ...

... depraved, and so...

... devoid of morality, ethics and just plain common sense.

What else from an illiterate child-raper? But garbage.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
USA might be paying for Bush's actions, but what about himself?
is he not enjoying full protection of same USA whom he cheated and swindled?
What type of democracy you people have, where such crooks are given state protection?
The country suffers while the Criminal enjoys happy retirement?
There is some thing very wrong in your model of democracy, some thing very wrong.
Well, I see that you have derailed the thread with politics rather than addressing the religious questions.

Or are you suggesting that politics is so intertwined with religion that both are easily susceptible to greed and power?

If so, there may be hope for you yet - the same desires that Bush had also applies to your religion.

Religion is politics.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism is of course the end of mankind. But in the nuclear age it is the certain end of humanity in a deadly inferno! So we don`t have to worry any more! No billionair can this prevent.
Still banging this drum, I see.

So what's your solution?

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
A soldier returns from Iraq and places a cross on the military base at camp Pendelton to memorialize his fallen comrades. Atheist-Fundamentalists sue to remove it because it is on public property.:-)
What a cute made up story.

Let me try...

A soldier returns from Iraq and places a cross on the military base at camp Pendelton to memorialize his fallen comrades because his commanding officer orders him to replace the Star of David and the Crescent memorials.

But I'm guessing you won't notice the problem here. After all, this is a Christian nation, right?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I see that you have derailed the thread with politics rather than addressing the religious questions.
Or are you suggesting that politics is so intertwined with religion that both are easily susceptible to greed and power?
If so, there may be hope for you yet - the same desires that Bush had also applies to your religion.
Religion is politics.
In Islam there is no distinction between religion and politics.

In west they chose to separate them because their scriptures have no info on how to deal with economic issues, social issues and how to deal with people of other faiths.

What is religion? To have proper relation with your Creator.

What is Politics: To have proper relation with your fellow citizens and those around you.

How can you separate religion from Politics?

One Great Muslim poet said "If you divorce religion from Politics, only Tyranny is left".

And since they divorced religion from politics, the politics has become duplicity, hypocrisy,tyranny , lies and cheating people, nothing else.

And this goes on from Local Counsellors to the Head of State, there is not a single exception!!

If you go against nature, it would take revenge on you and it is very harsh.

PS:

These wikileaks documents show how the politics is every one of the things I said. Politicians have "Two faces" , one they show to the public and camera, and you see them "Polished, smiling and patting each other on backs, as if they are bosom friends and doves and angles of peace"

But they have another face which is hidden from camera and in this you can see them in their true colors "mean, uncouth, scheming, trying to harm each other, and using every means fair and foul to gain unfair advantage"

This is what which shall happen NATURALLY when you separate religion from Politics.

That is why we see almost every politician, being horrified with religion!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In west they chose to separate them because their scriptures have no info on how to deal with economic issues, social issues and how to deal with people of other faiths.
What is Politics: To have proper relation with your fellow citizens and those around you.
One Great Muslim poet said "If you divorce religion from Politics, only Tyranny is left".
And since they divorced religion from politics, the politics has become duplicity, hypocrisy,tyranny , lies and cheating people, nothing else.
And this goes on from Local Counsellors to the Head of State, there is not a single exception!!
PS:
These wikileaks documents show how the politics is every one of the things I said. Politicians have "Two faces" , one they show to the public and camera, and you see them "Polished, smiling and patting each other on backs, as if they are bosom friends and doves and angles of peace"
But they have another face which is hidden from camera and in this you can see them in their true colors "mean, uncouth, scheming, trying to harm each other, and using every means fair and foul to gain unfair advantage"
This is what which shall happen NATURALLY when you separate religion from Politics.
You're a liar lying about a god you have no proof of. We are actually laughing at you, not having a serious discussion.

But I think irony is lost on mentally ill folk like you.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

You haven't answered anything this is not a Christian forum! Stop spamming from your scribd page mindlessly or you will be reported for mass deletion an you have been warned about doing this before.

Which I notice on your scribd page you confess muslims believe Allah has intercourse with his own three daughters as well as very likely the prophet Muhammad himself.

Now that would make a movie! Brokeback Prophet!

Lol!

Anyways why do you support Muslim child brides?
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. So if Christians become 5 Billion and start believing that Sun does not give the light, but moon gives it, it would become the truth

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Which is why child brides are allowed today in Muslim countries because it is spoken of in the Quran?

Is this why you support little children being forced to marry old men?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>In Islam there is no distinction between religion and politics.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

He is just mindless spamming again, something he has been warned about before.... Repeatedly.

I suppose we need to start reporting his spam to the mods again and not just merely mark his posts as spam.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar lying about a god you have no proof of. We are actually laughing at you, not having a serious discussion.

But I think irony is lost on mentally ill folk like you.

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
Why are you evading my post?Am I not being decent enough?:D

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Mud is just a gutless waste of space.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not!

The indoctrination into your ugly and war-like cult begins at birth, and continues until the last pin is pulled on the last suicide vest.

You haven't explained how an illiterate rapist could have "authored" an actual book.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Mud is just a gutless waste of space.
Yep.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not evade your post and I am posting replies to your posts regularly.

Why do you complain?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Aura Mytha 224,164
Our world came from nothing? 52 min Patrick 217
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 11 hr DonPanic 1,285
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 14 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 14 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Thu Patrick 16
•••
•••