Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14412 Apr 7, 2013
Muq would adore Bush as much as his king does! In fact if Bush came to Saudi Arabia now Muq would now to him if he were at an event where Bush was at.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Point. And accurate too.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14413 Apr 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Indian and I have no King .... most of Arab leaders are spineless cowards....they would kiss the same hands that kick them in the shin the moment their back is turned.
This is tragedy of Islamic world, people are not aligned with their rulers. That is why we see unrest in almost every Muslim country.
People want to live under Islamic rules, the rulers are bent upon to follow their western masters.
In other words, you want to abuse, rape and murder your women and children freely and openly.

Oh wait...you already to that.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14415 Apr 7, 2013
See the "low level of decency" to which our great scholars have fallen on these threads.

How could you have discussions with such people, who have lost all sense of decency and how to talk in a civilized manner.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14416 Apr 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
See the "low level of decency" to which our great scholars have fallen on these threads.
How could you have discussions with such people, who have lost all sense of decency and how to talk in a civilized manner.
You have not explained how an illiterate child-raper could possibly have >>written<< anything.

Lexington, KY

#14417 Apr 7, 2013
You approve of Muslim child brides but find our discussion low on decency?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!

And you wonder why civilized people look upon you as beasts!
MUQ wrote:

Lexington, KY

#14418 Apr 7, 2013
Or maybe he can discuss why Muslims cut off the nose and ears of young girls for showing a shred of defiance!
<quoted text>You have not explained how an illiterate child-raper could possibly have >>written<< anything.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14419 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Or maybe he can discuss why Muslims cut off the nose and ears of young girls for showing a shred of defiance!
<quoted text>
I doubt it: "Islam" means "submit".

And that is what it is: a religion of violence and submission to violence.

And nothing more than that.

United States

#14420 Apr 8, 2013
So not completely submitting means getting your nose and ears chopped off?

And Muq naturally will be silent on this.
<quoted text>I doubt it: "Islam" means "submit".

And that is what it is: a religion of violence and submission to violence.

And nothing more than that.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14422 Apr 8, 2013
Morning GML. Pardon my ignorance, but what does the red box with white marks represent? cheers
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14423 Apr 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
02. Every Prophet was the withholder of highest moral code from God. The writings in Bible are faulty and not true when they write about those scandalous stories about Prophets of God.
You should study Quran, where none of these stories are told.
You are right about the Bible. It is not the Word of God. You can easily see the faults with Christianity and Judaism, because you were not indoctrinated into those religions.

Christians see Islam in exactly the same way that you view Christianity.

Today, April 8th Buddhists celebtrate the bith of Gautama Buddha. Now THAT is a more civilised religion ;) Yet these Buddhists are destined to burn in hell as infidels if they dont believe whatever camp fire tales you are brainwashed into believing! Crazy stuff.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14424 Apr 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Islamism doesn't have a particularly decent or respected reputation.

United States

#14425 Apr 8, 2013
Equality for all... Mine in particular conveys this message with bacon!

:)
spudgun wrote:
Morning GML. Pardon my ignorance, but what does the red box with white marks represent? cheers
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14426 Apr 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Equality for all... Mine in particular conveys this message with bacon!
:)
<quoted text>
lol. A bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich is a terrible sin. But keeping slaves and concubines is a virtue, according to the Bible and the Quran.

Lexington, KY

#14427 Apr 8, 2013
Aren't the dark Palestinian war gods so nice like that?

Best not eat any shrimp either! God hates shrimp!
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>lol. A bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich is a terrible sin. But keeping slaves and concubines is a virtue, according to the Bible and the Quran.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#14428 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Nothing you just said, above, answers your main problem:
You worship a child-rapist who cannot read.
Which begs the question-- since your Moohumud was illiterate?
He could not POSSIBLY have authored the quoran.
Clearly, your moohumud is 100% fiction.
Mohammed did not author the Koran, it was the ArchAngel Gabriel.
You say Mohammed is illiterate and a child raper and yet simultaneously hold that he didnt exist.
You have also said that Jesus was a poofter and claimed at the same time he didnt exist.
Youve claimed that Josef Stalin was a committed christian.
You just make up crap all the time to deflect from your marxist agenda.
Well you wannabe like that?
Maybe its time to do a rundown on your god of choice?
.......KARL MARX

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#14429 Apr 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Is that a valid excuse?There are many decent posters here.Why can't you accept your own incompetence to explain things?
You haven't even answered my questions that I'd put before you when we were arguing on 'your imaginary Egotistic God'.You had suddenly disappeared from this thread after that and now you have returned back after a long time.
Can you answer those questions to prove that your stance is right?
Your faith doesn't go hand in hand with logic,isn't it?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14430 Apr 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Aren't the dark Palestinian war gods so nice like that?
Best not eat any shrimp either! God hates shrimp!
<quoted text>
Yes for the desert folk shrimp carab and lobster are off the menu. Leviticus 11:9-12

Lexington, KY

#14431 Apr 8, 2013
The Quran was written by Abu Bakr and his cronies.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>Mohammed did not author the Koran, it was the ArchAngel Gabriel.
You say Mohammed is illiterate and a child raper and yet simultaneously hold that he didnt exist.
You have also said that Jesus was a poofter and claimed at the same time he didnt exist.
Youve claimed that Josef Stalin was a committed christian.
You just make up crap all the time to deflect from your marxist agenda.
Well you wannabe like that?
Maybe its time to do a rundown on your god of choice?
.......KARL MARX

Lexington, KY

#14432 Apr 8, 2013
Such a pity eating these nice foods are a hell worthy offense. I sure hope none of the board theists have eaten these forbidden foods!
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Yes for the desert folk shrimp carab and lobster are off the menu. Leviticus 11:9-12

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14433 Apr 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So not completely submitting means getting your nose and ears chopped off?
And Muq naturally will be silent on this.
<quoted text>
Exactly-- or worse, beheaded.

People who follow Islam seem to be equally fond of beheading-- they do this for the most trivial of things, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 6 min Thinking 47,880
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 min Mr_SKY 12,863
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 13 min Thinking 45
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min New Age Spiritual... 247,697
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 52 min Eagle 12 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 hr Thinking 2,357
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Wed macumazahn 20,900
More from around the web