Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
13,461 - 13,480 of 21,381 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14223
Mar 24, 2013
 
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've put yourself in the place of your god, eh?
That's one of the bigger sins, if I remember correctly....
Unfortunately not even one god in thousands of gods just only myths!
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14224
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Mal-theist = you, you silly person. Atheist is not a theist.
So you are making my decisions for me are you?
Well factor this in, your choices do not fit me at all, they are far too small and far too constraining, so they would have long ago been tossed in favor of decisions which reflect the genuine human that I am.
My beliefs concerning your silly myth god are as follows, firstly, there is and never was a god, for you to follow or for me to believe is bad. Secondly, "he" this non existent thing has no faithful, but there are people who play at acting as if some bits and pieces of that particular theism, fits themselves. Yet if any one of them were to be held to the theism in it's entirety, they would be the first to cut and run. The Christain will never be held to the Christain dogma. That dogma is for using as scare tactics against people who are not playing at Christainity.
I did not proclaim a myth to be evil, nor did I proclaim it as bad. I do think that the pretend followers of the silly myth quite often are disgustingly and inhumanly bad. Evil is a word I have not used, other than in this sentence.
And all of this is what you proclaim as my words and thoughts, do you think your silly myth god can't tell the difference? LOL!
You called me maltheist, which I more than happily point out means "bad theist". Your dispicable atitude towards me, stems from the fact that I am openly atheist, and now (after I show the word to have the opposite meaning)you try and claim me as being who you are, a very bad theist.
Sorry loser, you ate the shit, you digest it. You are a maltheist(bad theist).
Then tell me why there is an atheism board on Topix?
If you believe in 'nothing' why have a board to discuss it?
How do you have an intellectual and rational discussion about nothing or non existence?
Is Club Maltheist big fans of the Seinfeld show which is about 'nothing'?
All you Topix atheists of Club Maltheist do is whine about God, if you did not then you would have nothing to post about.
You declare yourself to be an atheist or 'without God', that is your choice but you recognise something that you want no association with.
You could call yourself 'non-theist'(or non-deist) which Buddhists and Jains are...but you hate them too.
You declare yourself atheist in the same manner as someone who declares themselves divorced....because you hold a obsessive resentment of the family you were once part of.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14225
Mar 24, 2013
 
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblically speaking, you are stretching it.They are known by their real names and are not defined by some 7th. grade dropout Baptist preacher attempting to twist the bible lies to suit his wallet's agenda.
5 or more .... education .... get yourself some.
We are not limited by your silly book. Think Tower of Babel .... breached, and refuted. Heaven/hell/buybull god Yahweh/Jehohah/Allah does not exist, and RH Hill said it best.
>>>>>
"Going to some kind of 'Paradise' after you die is as appealing to scientists as it is disillusioned Popes. Who really knows? Maybe there is some kind of ...
Oops. Almost spiraled off into godbot fantasy land. But really ... even the smartest, most educated, most scientist sounding people on here dance around and won't just come out and say there's ZERO chance for a God of some kind. They'll launch into a probability and statistics lesson to an audience, most of whom, make their decisions with a coin toss. From the seeds of these miniscule philosophical improbabilities ENORMOUS AND TERRIFYING RELIGIONS BLOSSOM!!!
Science has explored the electromagnetic spectrum from DC to light, dug and bounced sound waves off layers deep underground, counted photons from the edge of the Universe and THERE AIN'T NO HEAVEN AND THERE AIN'T NO HELL. There ... I've said it. This dumb-ass radio technician from Texas has come on out and said it. Prove me wrong. Spare me the tales of how Aunt Bessy May's nose wart fell off after a night of intense prayer or how a 'voice' led you to your dead Grandpa's long lost stash of silver dollars. The evidence for my assertion is all around you. It's in the faces of the starving and the neglected and the frightened. It's in the BILLIONS of unanswered prayers that get muttered in quiet desperation every minute of every day. Your God is an evil basterd and we're trying to club it to death with words" ~ R H Hill
That is unfair against a god who is not existing at all!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14226
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists will claim there are no gods.
You will claim there is one god. You then go on to claim that a snake and donkey talked. You also claim that you're in telepathic contact with a 2000 year-old zombie that's watching us from some other dimension.
Not happy with all this you make further claims that the universe is only 6000 years old and was created by magic.
Still on the magic thing, you then claim that every single species of flora and fauna was poofed into existence by more magic.
Then you claim that the Grand Canyon is so huge that nothing other than a worldwide catastrophic flood could have created it.
There are many more comical claims you make. Including how geology, cosmology, genetics, biology, anthropology, astronomy, botany and numerous other sciences have all got it wrong; while a book selectively compiled from texts doctored and written by catholics got it right.
Oh yes, the catholics! They need even two popes, is that really so important?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14228
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Lol! So silly! Chill out there Cadbury Cuntcreame okay?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>Then tell me why there is an atheism board on Topix?
If you believe in 'nothing' why have a board to discuss it?
How do you have an intellectual and rational discussion about nothing or non existence?
Is Club Maltheist big fans of the Seinfeld show which is about 'nothing'?
All you Topix atheists of Club Maltheist do is whine about God, if you did not then you would have nothing to post about.
You declare yourself to be an atheist or 'without God', that is your choice but you recognise something that you want no association with.
You could call yourself 'non-theist'(or non-deist) which Buddhists and Jains are...but you hate them too.
You declare yourself atheist in the same manner as someone who declares themselves divorced....because you hold a obsessive resentment of the family you were once part of.
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14229
Mar 24, 2013
 
I've never mistreated a pet.
Still using your dead granny's cu*t as a bong?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
I did try THINKING....but Ive got sick of using him as a mop.
Hes probably walking down the street with a wheelbarrow full of malnourished dogs to impress the black pub chef who speaks cherokee.
Either that or hes in France with his wife......
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14230
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I only post as "Thinking".

Don't judge everyone else by your own low standards.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep,'Thinking' has a French wife, I am guessing that he was visiting the in-laws over there and lo and behold 'Brit Expat' makes an appearance.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14231
Mar 24, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
I only post as "Thinking".
Don't judge everyone else by your own low standards.
<quoted text>
You certainly werent "Thinking" when you posted yesterday.
hahahahahahahahahahaha.....you loser
denise

Seneca, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14232
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

havent forgotten wrote:
oh how I wish it were true that the worst sorts of religion would fade out. I am not that optimistic. I would settle for just getting rid of the evil aspects of religion. the ones that are harmless. i have Christian friends who have gotten rid of some of the worst parts, I think, in their views.
satan has all of you blinded to truth God is real eternity is real heaven and hell are real if God didnt exist nothing would open ure eyes hes the creator
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14233
Mar 24, 2013
 
I only post as "Thinking".

Don't judge everyone else by your own low standards.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly werent "Thinking" when you posted yesterday.
hahahahahahahahahahaha.....you loser

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14234
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

denise wrote:
<quoted text>
satan has all of you blinded to truth God is real eternity is real heaven and hell are real if God didnt exist nothing would open ure eyes hes the creator
Corn sellers have you blinded to the benefits of potatoes, you just need to open your eyes and stop buying the corn!
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14235
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Corn sellers have you blinded to the benefits of potatoes, you just need to open your eyes and stop buying the corn!
And you need to shut your arse and stop hoarding potatoes up there.
F*ck youre a muppet

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14236
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need to shut your arse and stop hoarding potatoes up there.
F*ck youre a muppet
Aw, you don't like the truth.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14237
Mar 24, 2013
 
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>So you've put yourself in the place of your god, eh?

That's one of the bigger sins, if I remember correctly....
Nope just following orders to keep the topix atheist out of heaven.

Rather an easy job.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14238
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't happen unless you have proof.

But.

You True Believers™? You lie pretty much 100% of the time.

It's what you do.
What? An atheist making false claims?
Go Figure!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14239
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists will claim there are no gods.

You will claim there is one god. You then go on to claim that a snake and donkey talked. You also claim that you're in telepathic contact with a 2000 year-old zombie that's watching us from some other dimension.

Not happy with all this you make further claims that the universe is only 6000 years old and was created by magic.

Still on the magic thing, you then claim that every single species of flora and fauna was poofed into existence by more magic.

Then you claim that the Grand Canyon is so huge that nothing other than a worldwide catastrophic flood could have created it.

There are many more comical claims you make. Including how geology, cosmology, genetics, biology, anthropology, astronomy, botany and numerous other sciences have all got it wrong; while a book selectively compiled from texts doctored and written by catholics got it right.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists believe there are no gods.

Note the plural, wetpants.
Khatru:
"Atheists believe there are no gods."

Bingo!!

A positive belief!!
As in Religion!

A positive assertion in a belief put the burden of proof on "you" that there is no gods!

This is a perfect example of an Atheist that DOES believe there is no God.

Not an atheist that has an absence of all believe.

Merriam-Webster
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

Point proven!

To easy.

LOL

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14240
Mar 24, 2013
 
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he's going to burn for that.
I hope my marshmallows don't burn while toasting them over the fires of hell
(The place that little wooden puppets wind up)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14241
Mar 24, 2013
 
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>You guys pollute cities with your churches based on false claims. That's how silly religion really is.

Theist: "hey we built a church for god"
Atheist" "has anyone in history ever proven that god is real?"
Theist: "no, but maybe if we build more churches..."
Atheist: "You're a f*cking idiot, put that shovel down for f*cks sake."
Posted else where by derek4

From: The Columbus Dispatch:

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14242
Mar 24, 2013
 
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>Yep,'Thinking' has a French wife, I am guessing that he was visiting the in-laws over there and lo and behold 'Brit Expat' makes an appearance.
Ah. I see. LOL

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14243
Mar 24, 2013
 
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope just following orders to keep the topix atheist out of heaven.
Rather an easy job.
Nice try, but wouldn't it just be easier to admit that according to your religion you committed a whopper of a sin?

YOU get to keep people out of heaven?

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••