Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14113 Mar 22, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> lol you don't know nothing.
Don't know nothing.

Correct: I do know something.

Good!

Since: Mar 13

UK

#14114 Mar 22, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
This is supposed to be a counter to science?
This is actually an exciting question that some people have a passion to answer. It's a puzzle to figure out. And the neat thing is, as with many scientific discoveries, it will lead to more puzzles.
But I guess having all the "answers to everything", aka, the Bible, is all you need.
Why do we die? God did it.
What are the stars? God did it.
Why did your dog run away? God did it.
Every Sunday you can get the answers to your question for a small fee - God did it.
And every Sunday, some "religious" leader is counting the donations to make a bank deposit first thing Monday morning.
trying to figure it out? Lol says it all. Aren't your scientits questioning the big bang right now? Your silly . I don't do sunday worship.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14115 Mar 22, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> trying to figure it out? Lol says it all. Aren't your scientits questioning the big bang right now? Your silly . I don't do sunday worship.
So you don't follow the bible, or know anything about modern science.

UK

#14116 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony. You are basing your entire belief on "man's opinion" but you refuse to accept anything stated by humans who actually do the real work.
2nd timothy chapter 3 verse 16, all scripture is given by inspiration of god, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction of righteousnes.

Amos chapter 3 verse 7, surely god will do nothing, but revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Get it right.

UK

#14117 Mar 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes as you say It was a future prophecy, that had to come to fruition before the children at Jesus' feet died as he clearly states that criteria.
It didn't.
I have provided passages and proper context even by your own admission.
Your questions have been thus properly answered by your own admission.
<quoted text>
you aont provided nothing, what you talking about? You don't know the bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#14118 Mar 22, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> 2nd timothy chapter 3 verse 16, all scripture is given by inspiration of god, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction of righteousnes.
Amos chapter 3 verse 7, surely god will do nothing, but revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
Get it right.
So, where's the evidence that these are accurate assertions?

UK

#14119 Mar 22, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove this ludicrous statement!
You will astound the world with evidence that Roman history acknowledges a person known as Jesus.
I will keep it simple, for a very simple mind
?? What was the Roman scholar or historian that mentions Jesus, THAT LIVED DURING HIS TIME?
Just to keep you honest - You can forget the following:
Josephus - Born 37 CE
Tacitus - Born 56 CE
Pliny the Younger - Born 61 CE
Suetonious - Born about 69 CE
Phlegon - Born about 80 CE
Lucian - Born 125 CE
Babylonian Talmud - 200CE
Lucian - Born 125 CE
Born AFTER the event is merely hearsay.
lol you don't know nothing either. I wil give you something, luke chapter 21 start at verse 20, what do you think the book of josepus is talking about? Prophecy documented, prophecy spoken by christ.

UK

#14120 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't follow the bible, or know anything about modern science.
I don't follow the bible?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#14121 Mar 22, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you aont provided nothing, what you talking about? You don't know the bible.
Well, you haven't read it.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#14122 Mar 22, 2013
Pssst Colin... Colin.. COLIN!

English please. I see you are unable to refute what I posted. As usual, you lose.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> apology? Yeah right. I already told you and explained the scripture , you just going of now, just accept correction.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#14123 Mar 22, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> lol you don't know nothing either. I wil give you something, luke chapter 21 start at verse 20, what do you think the book of josepus is talking about? Prophecy documented, prophecy spoken by christ.
Prophecies are not made after the fact.

Scottsburg, IN

#14124 Mar 22, 2013
Jospehus' book came out long before the gospel of Luke.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> lol you don't know nothing either. I wil give you something, luke chapter 21 start at verse 20, what do you think the book of josepus is talking about? Prophecy documented, prophecy spoken by christ.

UK

#14125 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where's the evidence that these are accurate assertions?
your a real fool, anyone ever told you that? No one likes it when the bible proofs something, or proves them wrong.

Scottsburg, IN

#14126 Mar 22, 2013
Anyone have an idiot to english translation program?

Here you go Colin from Bob :)

Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you aont provided nothing, what you talking about? You don't know the bible.

UK

#14127 Mar 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Pssst Colin... Colin.. COLIN!
English please. I see you are unable to refute what I posted. As usual, you lose.
<quoted text>
your an idiot aswell you haven't proved nothing or proved me wrong only in your deluded ind.

UK

#14128 Mar 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Jospehus' book came out long before the gospel of Luke.
<quoted text>
70 ad you fool

UK

#14129 Mar 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Anyone have an idiot to english translation program?
Here you go Colin from Bob :)
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
<quoted text>
brilliant make that up yourself? And again you said nothing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#14130 Mar 22, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>your a real fool, anyone ever told you that? No one likes it when the bible proofs something, or proves them wrong.
The bible is your assertion, an assertion cannot be proof of that assertion. So where is your evidence that your assertions are at all accurate? If you have none, then just say you are only stating opinion.

Scottsburg, IN

#14131 Mar 22, 2013
Like many Christholes he is trained to say he is right because.... Well he said so!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is your assertion, an assertion cannot be proof of that assertion. So where is your evidence that your assertions are at all accurate? If you have none, then just say you are only stating opinion.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14132 Mar 22, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
The cult of Obama?
Nope its just the cult of maltheism (Topix atheism)- liberal left and anti God.
You chip mouthed slag
I get that you think that you are not one of them, but when it comes to the "cult of maltheism", you do rank right up there as one of the really bad theists.

Mal-theist, how very funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 33 min scientia potentia... 11,466
News Here are 10 myths and truths about atheism 2 hr nanoanomaly 44
News Speaking for God 3 hr Jaimie 556
Religion Down Suicide Up 3 hr Insults Are Easier 70
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 4 hr Patrick 50,943
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr ChristineM 254,916
News Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God.... 6 hr woodtick57 46
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr ChristineM 9,604
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr READMORE 29,473
More from around the web