Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23583 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14019 Mar 18, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
Capitalism has to be finished too!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14020 Mar 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
Homer's Iliad probably contains more history than those books.
Whatever the bible is, it is full of fakes, lies of the rich and ruling ones, in the last 1500 years!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14021 Mar 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
I'm especially fond of the beetle one.:)
If we were to use the same meme? But instead, go by sheer mass of biotic material?
The winner has to go to bacteria-- which comprise the vast majority of biomass on the planet, far out-stripping all the rest.
Perhaps that IS the "ultimate purpose" to life on Earth: in support of huge tracts of .... bacteria.
:D
Religions are only misused in the interest of the mighty one nothing else!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14022 Mar 19, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The bible says you are a liar.
The bible is never a true scripture!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#14023 Mar 19, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'll play...
Matthew 4:6
And said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down. For it is written:
He will command his angels concerning you, and 'with their hands they will support you, lest you dash your foot against a stone'"
This is Satan quoting Psalms 91:11-12.
Now it's up to you to prove to me that you aren't Satan quoting scriptures for your ends.
It is silly to speak of Satan as a reality. Irrealities are of nonexistance.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14024 Mar 19, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>no its not, and yes i have.
1. Wrong

2. Please show post number else you just lied (not unusual for a godbot)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14025 Mar 19, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>no! show me so i can correct you, as i have been doin. if i can save one soul reading these comments, may the most high be glorified, through chist.
I thought you said you weren't a christian.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#14026 Mar 19, 2013
Insure your travelling visa to avoid problems with the embassy and the airport

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14028 Mar 19, 2013
They have trouble keeping up with their own lies.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you said you weren't a christian.
Imhotep

United States

#14029 Mar 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about the very first "lesson" in the bible:
The prize? Knowledge.
The punishment? Learning.
Basically, the Genesis lesson is this: ignorance is desirable. Knowledge is strictly forbidden.
And the rest of the evil bible pretty much falls in line with that bit of stupid.
What a sad world it is when people can seriously say that humans need to fear eternal damnation in order to do good.

It is the one thing which at the same time stirs both anger and pity in most atheists; anger because it is a bigoted, prejudicial statement which serves no purpose except to promote intolerance, and pity because it highlights the theist's ignorance and willingness to accept such crap without question.
julieUK

UK

#14030 Mar 19, 2013
Religion and Secularism(normally Athiest) are all controlled means for the masses.
Whiles you argue amongst yourselves they are taking our freedoms little by little.

Watch your favourite TV shows and Movies online FREE! http://moviesandtvwebsites.blogspot.be/

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#14031 Mar 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Oh Muq stop it! There were Jews and Christians all over the place at that time! The Torah and gospel myths were widely published and known throughout the region.
The Quran writer stole and rewrote what he liked. Rather clumsily might I note because of his several humorous mistakes throughout the Quran.
<quoted text>
You are right.There were jews too in Makkah.MUQ is finding every possible way to defend the inaccuracies of his religion.He couldn't even answer my simple straight questions.

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#14032 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is your proof that Prophet Mohammad learned from the "Israelite"?
There were no Israelite in Makkah when he declared his mission and more than two third of Quran was revealed in Makkah period.
Only in the last 10 years of his mission he migrated to Madina, where there were Isralites present, but their relations were not cordial and in the fifth year all Jews were removed from Madina.
So how come Prophet Mohammad learnt from them?
You haven't answered my questions.As per your demand,I am putting forth all of my questions one by one.
Explain me the contradiction in your religion that God is indepedent as well as needs reverence from us.
We have restored the discussion after some days.Yet,I think you sufficiently remember where we were.I have proved that your God has big ego.I have proved that your God needs our reverence and service(of course,you too did state that God made jinns and human for his service).
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14033 Mar 19, 2013
Top ten reasons why beer is better than Jesus (or Mo')...

a) No one will kill you for not drinking beer.
b) Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.
c) They don't force beer on minors who cannot think for themselves.
d) Beer has never caused a major war.
e) When you have a beer you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.
f) Nobody has ever been burned at the stake, hanged or tortured over a beer.
g) You don't have to wait 2000 years for a second beer.
h) There are laws saying beer labels cannot lie to you.
I) You can prove you have a beer.
j) If you are devoted to beer then there are groups who can help you stop.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14034 Mar 19, 2013
Islam used Aladdin an other Arabic fairy tales as part if it's foundation! Naturally they stole from Jews and Christians as well but Aladdin?! Are they for real?!

That's like making a religion and using Spider-Man to help form the foundation!
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>You are right.There were jews too in Makkah.MUQ is finding every possible way to defend the inaccuracies of his religion.He couldn't even answer my simple straight questions.

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#14035 Mar 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Islam used Aladdin an other Arabic fairy tales as part if it's foundation! Naturally they stole from Jews and Christians as well but Aladdin?! Are they for real?!
That's like making a religion and using Spider-Man to help form the foundation!
<quoted text>
Indeed, it is more like a myth.Their belief of Mo's magical power of splitting of moon tells the truth.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14036 Mar 19, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but you would use that Ring with a desire to do good.
Others would use it to defend their people against all threats, real or imagined.
And yet others would use it to build an army to crush Rohan.
True. Scientific discoveries are always (at a minimum) double-edged like that.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14037 Mar 19, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
What a sad world it is when people can seriously say that humans need to fear eternal damnation in order to do good.
It is the one thing which at the same time stirs both anger and pity in most atheists; anger because it is a bigoted, prejudicial statement which serves no purpose except to promote intolerance, and pity because it highlights the theist's ignorance and willingness to accept such crap without question.
Yeah, but "taking crap without question" has to be started at a very, very young age, though.

Which is why all modern religions have rituals to get the kids started on the brainwashing as quickly as possible...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14038 Mar 19, 2013
EdSed wrote:
Top ten reasons why beer is better than Jesus (or Mo')...
a) No one will kill you for not drinking beer.
b) Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.
c) They don't force beer on minors who cannot think for themselves.
d) Beer has never caused a major war.
e) When you have a beer you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.
f) Nobody has ever been burned at the stake, hanged or tortured over a beer.
g) You don't have to wait 2000 years for a second beer.
h) There are laws saying beer labels cannot lie to you.
I) You can prove you have a beer.
j) If you are devoted to beer then there are groups who can help you stop.
k) without beer, humans never would have been forced to invent agriculture.(why? In order to have enough grain for more beer!)
Lincoln

United States

#14039 Mar 19, 2013
"Beer is Proof God Loves Us...."
Ben Franklin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Uncle Sam 239,854
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr NoahLovesU 7,633
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr lozzza 19,142
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 6 hr NoahLovesU 7,514
Is God a Perfect Being? 19 hr Thinking 16
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 20 hr ChristineM 2,234
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 21 hr True Christian wi... 137
More from around the web