Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13948 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> show me the errors.
Start here: http://www.evilbible.com/

It has many categorized lists of bible fallacies, errors, mistakes, outright lies too.

You'll love it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13949 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>this is documented history, its common knowledge. You read a.book.
You obviously are not speaking of the bible, then--

-- it's been proven that NONE of the OT stories happened.

For want of historical support and archeological evidence, of course.

For example: the city of Nazareth. It did not exist until 100's of years after the first century ACE.

Thus? Your "jesus of nazareth" is an impossibility-- without a time machine, that is...

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13950 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what as harry potter got to do with the bible?
Excellent question.

Harry Potter and your Jesus are one and the same-- in that they are both FICTION.

Neither is real.

But.

Harry Potter's books have OUTSOLD your evil bible! Several times over, too.

What's more? People actually bought Harry Potter... to READ. And did.

In direct contrast to your bible, which is mostly purchased to give away, and to line the pew-pockets. Few people actually READ 99% of the bibles .. ahem... "sold".

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13951 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
You heard of alister crowley right?
Nope. Never heard of him, sorry.

There goes 100% of your ... ahem... "argument"-- right out the window...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13952 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>do you people just lie all.the time? Show me the errors in the bible.
http://www.evilbible.com/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13953 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what as alice in wonderland got to do with the bible?
Both are fiction.

Duuuuhhh...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13954 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I belive in magic?? What's science?
Yes-- you obviously believe in magic.

Your BuyBull, for example: Genesis, chapter 1, is FULL of magic.

Your god uses magic to create everything, according to Genesis.

Thus?

You believe in magic.

As for science?

Science is reality-based.

This is why you are unfamiliar with it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13955 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> the most high does exist,
Proof?

You have... proof?

Hint: the evil bible isn't proof-- it's too flawed. Fatally flawed, in fact.

http://www.evilbible.com/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13956 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
ive noticed that no one mentions anything when i bring scriptures out,
You simply posted a scripture without comment.

So?

There was no reason to comment--you didn't claim anything, stupid.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13957 Mar 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.--Proverbs 20:30
And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.--Leviticus 26:29
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.--Mark 13:30
The young and the old lie on the ground in the streets: my virgins and my young men are fallen by the sword; thou hast slain them in the day of thine anger; thou hast killed, and not pitied.--Lamentations 2:21
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.--Matthew 10:35-36
And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.--Exodus 8:7
Imhotep wrote:
Inspiring or nonsense?
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>do you want me to give you understanding? i dont know what your trying to say?
So you think what Imhotep posted was inspired by your evil god?

If so? Your god is evil. Period. For inspiring the sh7t that Imhotep posted.

It's 100% sh7t-- no way to spit it into not-shyt.

So I see YOU DID NOT EVEN TRY to spin that sh7t.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13958 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>its the book of paul.
1) paul, as described, was a woman-hater. And a lover of young(er) men. Clearly? Paul was a homosexual, but nevermindthat

2) paul likely did not exist-- there is NOTHING showing he did, apart from your evilbible.

Nothing-- not a single historical record in support.

And paul was SUPPOSEDLY a Roman Citizen-- and those wily Romans-- they left HUGE piles of records about .. any old thing.

As such, if paul was REAL, and REALLY a Roman? There would have been ... RECORDS, in support of pauls' existence.

There aren't any...

3) "paul" was likely fabricated by Constantine, in a faint attempt to tie-together all the myths and fairy-tales he had written up, in order to create his First Official Genuine Christian Bible™. This is the most likely scenario, as Constantine's Bible Writer Committee™ certainly copied the common legendary folk tales prevalent of the time.

In order to give these gossip-tales of myth some sort of "legitimacy" it was a simple matter to re-write them to appear to have been written by this .. "paul" character.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13959 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> your still not saying anything, and im not christian and i dont follow religion for the 20th time.
*BZZZZZZ*

You are lying.

You worship the same EVIL bible as Genuine Christians™ do.

Thus, you are equally guilty of any and all EVIL that comes from promoting such an evil book.

Sorry, but that's the facts, jack.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13960 Mar 18, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading your BuyBull cover to cover, <rolls eyes> then ask yourself WHY your religion needs a apologists (C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton et. al.) to explain this rabidly ridiculous book.
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Mark Twain
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense and to the same extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." ~H.L. Mencken
“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.”~Gene Roddenberry
"The inspiration of the Bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it." ~Robert G. Ingersol
"Forgive, O Lord, my little joke on Thee and I'll forgive Thy great big one on me." ~Robert Frost
Indeed. Yes-- excellent choice of quotes on the subject.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13961 Mar 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is as historical as the Quran.
Which is not very historical at all.
In either case?

If they are shown to have a little historical bit in them?

It's purely by random-chance-- never by intent.

:)

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#13962 Mar 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
In either case?
If they are shown to have a little historical bit in them?
It's purely by random-chance-- never by intent.
:)
Absolutely.

Homer's Iliad probably contains more history than those books.
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#13963 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
A friend gave me large Word .doc with 100's of great Quotes.
I use them often, a few more 4U:

And staying in the same vein as our latest BuyBull Nut...

Ryan won't like this one!
“The alleged short-cut to knowledge, which is faith, is only a short circuit destroying the mind.”~Ayn Rand

"When engaged in discussion with an eminent theologian. "What inference," asked the theologian, "might one draw about the nature of God from a study of his works?" biochemist John Haldane replied: "An inordinate fondness for beetles." ~John Burdon Sanderson Haldane

“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn’t mean that God doesn’t love heterosexuals. It’s just that they need more supervision.”~ Lynn Lavner

"Why would God give every man two heads, but only enough blood supply to use one at a time?" ~ Robin Williams on Intelligent Design

"Everyone knows the best bands are affiliated with Satan." ~Bart Simpson
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#13964 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I read this terrific book years ago.
It is ripe with great quotes... enjoy it!

http://www.buildfreedom.com/content/books/ain...

"Ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall make you mad."
~ALDOUS HUXLEY

PS: I agree with the authors opinions

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#13965 Mar 18, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia:
If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.
A scientific theory in one branch of science must hold true in all of the other branches of science.
BRIAN GREENE: It's a little known secret but for more than half a century a dark cloud has been looming over modern science. Here's the problem: our understanding of the universe is based on two separate theories. One is Einstein's general theory of relativity—that's a way of understanding the biggest things in the universe, things like stars and galaxies. But the littlest things in the universe, atoms and subatomic particles, play by an entirely different set of rules called, "quantum Mechanics"
These two sets of rules are each incredibly accurate in their own domain but whenever we try to combine them, to solve some of the deepest mysteries in the universe, disaster strikes.
Take the beginning of the universe, the "big bang." At that instant a tiny nugget erupted violently. Over the next 14 billion years the universe expanded and cooled into the stars, galaxies and planets we see today. But if we run the cosmic film in reverse, everything that's now rushing apart comes back together, so the universe gets smaller, hotter and denser as we head back to the beginning of time.
As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down.
So then we have to throw out the theory of gravity as well as the theory of digital electronics, and the theory of logic. Basically, everything that makes the world work today we'd have to discard based on your first notion. Do you really think that wise?

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13966 Mar 18, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading your BuyBull cover to cover, <rolls eyes> then ask yourself WHY your religion needs a apologists (C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton et. al.) to explain this rabidly ridiculous book.
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Mark Twain
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense and to the same extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." ~H.L. Mencken
“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.”~Gene Roddenberry
"The inspiration of the Bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it." ~Robert G. Ingersol
"Forgive, O Lord, my little joke on Thee and I'll forgive Thy great big one on me." ~Robert Frost
stop qoueting and tell me what your trying to say?

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13967 Mar 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is as historical as the Quran.
Which is not very historical at all.
muhammed learnt from the israelites, the ishmalites are in the bible, why do you think that they have it inbeded in them to worship just as the so called negro does? because we are spiritual people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min was auch immer 87,534
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 2 hr Dogen 5,838
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 21 ChristineM 4,035
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web