Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13928 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want your thoughts give me the scripture.
Spoken like a true fundietard...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13929 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Romans, chapter 1 verse 25, who changed the truth of god into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
How come Romans become Scripture?
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#13930 Mar 18, 2013
How come mohammed on a six year old?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13931 Mar 18, 2013
Muq in honor of your people the Disney corporation made the smash hit Aladdin. Isn't that enough? They even mention Allah in it!

Isn't the story of Aladdin in the Quran?

:)
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#13932 Mar 18, 2013
Let's get "a lad in", said mohammed.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq in honor of your people the Disney corporation made the smash hit Aladdin. Isn't that enough? They even mention Allah in it!
Isn't the story of Aladdin in the Quran?
:)
<quoted text>
Imhotep

United States

#13933 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>do you people just lie all.the time? Show me the errors in the bible.
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.--Proverbs 20:30

And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.--Leviticus 26:29

Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.--Mark 13:30

The young and the old lie on the ground in the streets: my virgins and my young men are fallen by the sword; thou hast slain them in the day of thine anger; thou hast killed, and not pitied.--Lamentations 2:21

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.--Matthew 10:35-36

And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.--Exodus 8:7

Inspiring or nonsense?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13934 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you still havent said anything.
Well let's correct that, little thing ..(justme2631 wrote: ooooh you thought I was some dumb unlearned chrstian right, no I'm not. You have nothing to say.)

R.P. wrote: Yes I do think so, you are very much an unlearned and ignorant fool of a chrustian.

Since: Mar 13

Sweden

#13935 Mar 18, 2013
ive noticed that no one mentions anything when i bring scriptures out, you seem to just move on to simething else. every scripture you bring out that you say is an error,(which has only been one), i corrected you on. if there is something you dont understand dont dismiss it and call it an error. and why do you bring it down to a low level when i show you something? just accept that everything you been taught about the bible was a lie, and study it for yourselves.

Sweden

#13936 Mar 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.--Proverbs 20:30
And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.--Leviticus 26:29
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.--Mark 13:30
The young and the old lie on the ground in the streets: my virgins and my young men are fallen by the sword; thou hast slain them in the day of thine anger; thou hast killed, and not pitied.--Lamentations 2:21
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.--Matthew 10:35-36
And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.--Exodus 8:7
Inspiring or nonsense?
do you want me to give you understanding? i dont know what your trying to say?

Sweden

#13937 Mar 18, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not, it is just as valid as your bibull BS.
I also noticed you had no comment the bibull errors you said did not exist.
no its not, and yes i have.

Sweden

#13938 Mar 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
its the book of paul.

Sweden

#13939 Mar 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
paul was a israelite from the tribe of benjamin.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13940 Mar 18, 2013
Interesting enough the Aladdin story predates Islam and mentions many things in the Quran including Allah! Yes the founders of Islam stole from the story of Aladdin!
Thinking wrote:
Let's get "a lad in", said mohammed.
<quoted text>

Sweden

#13941 Mar 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Well let's correct that, little thing ..(justme2631 wrote: ooooh you thought I was some dumb unlearned chrstian right, no I'm not. You have nothing to say.)
R.P. wrote: Yes I do think so, you are very much an unlearned and ignorant fool of a chrustian.
your still not saying anything, and im not christian and i dont follow religion for the 20th time.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13942 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you still don't know nothing.
I have sufficient knowledge of the English language to make sense.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#13943 Mar 18, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The less uneducated people are the more they are for the catches of religious myths!
Die Mehrzahl dieser Bibel bangers sind wirklich ziemlich lustig!

Fact allergische und Realität in Frage gestellt.
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#13944 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>do you want me to give you understanding? i dont know what your trying to say?
Try reading your BuyBull cover to cover, <rolls eyes> then ask yourself WHY your religion needs a apologists (C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton et. al.) to explain this rabidly ridiculous book.

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Mark Twain

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense and to the same extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." ~H.L. Mencken

“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.”~Gene Roddenberry

"The inspiration of the Bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it." ~Robert G. Ingersol

"Forgive, O Lord, my little joke on Thee and I'll forgive Thy great big one on me." ~Robert Frost

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#13945 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to put 1,2,3 so it seems like I'm making a valid point. How can you say the bible is fictional? Its history its not just the bible that has these historical accounts, don't be a fool. So your saying alister crowley wasn't a satanist? Wow you don't know nothing.
The Bible is as historical as the Quran.

Which is not very historical at all.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#13946 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>do you want me to give you understanding? i dont know what your trying to say?
Not your understanding - it's batshit crazy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13947 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> that's aload of rubbish, and there's over 600 laws in the bible not 10, and not every nation has repentence only israel. The nation what christ came from, you don't know the bible.
So.

You freely admit that the OT laws don't apply to YOU?

Well-- there goes 100% of your "argument" against abortion.

And 100% of your "argument" against gay marriage.

And 100% of your "argument" against gays in general, come to think of it.

Good!

This is progress!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 32 min Eagle 12 - 1,369
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 78,569
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Science 32,430
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web