Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24073 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13907 Mar 17, 2013
Because ....
1: Harry Potter and the bible are similar. Both are fictional accounts of good magic men vs bad ones. Although Harry Potter is more historically accurate.
2: Without the most high you don't have a good buzz? Perhaps as long as you achieve a pretty decent high all will be okay?
3: Aleister Crowley founded Thelema not Satanism. He never partook in human or animal sacrifice nor was he a violent man. He exercised poor judgement with his drinking and drugging and often tried to frighten the religious bigots around him for laughs.

Even after all this time since his death it's funny to see how he still can control low IQ religious bigots like yourself. Believe me you are doing exactly as he would want. Keep it up.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what as harry potter got to do with the bible? And without the most high what you got? You heard of alister crowley right? Cause you have you know everything, he was chief satanist his famous phrase was "do what thou wilt will be the whole of the law". That's what they promote in these days, "you can marry a dog you have the right to" "we think two men should be able to get married" I could go on, don't want ,but that's what its all about get rid of the true god and bring satans laws in. That's what's damaging peoples minds.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13908 Mar 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Says the retard who doesn't even have a basic knowledge of scripture. Look you really need to step it up because you have been so ignorant it's getting boring now.
<quoted text>
show me one person apart from me on here, who has bought out scripture and explained it. Are you deluded?

Scottsburg, IN

#13909 Mar 17, 2013
Jesus foretold the horrible things that would happen when he returned for Armageddon and he told this to children, he finished by telling these children these things would all happen before some of them died.

Those children died almost 2000 years ago and the end hasn't come. This has been explained to you several times before and you always run away from it.

This has solidly answered your question beyond a shadow of doubt and will not be repeated again regardless if you run away from it again Colin.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>do you people just lie all.the time? Show me the errors in the bible.

UK

#13910 Mar 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because ....
1: Harry Potter and the bible are similar. Both are fictional accounts of good magic men vs bad ones. Although Harry Potter is more historically accurate.
2: Without the most high you don't have a good buzz? Perhaps as long as you achieve a pretty decent high all will be okay?
3: Aleister Crowley founded Thelema not Satanism. He never partook in human or animal sacrifice nor was he a violent man. He exercised poor judgement with his drinking and drugging and often tried to frighten the religious bigots around him for laughs.
Even after all this time since his death it's funny to see how he still can control low IQ religious bigots like yourself. Believe me you are doing exactly as he would want. Keep it up.
<quoted text>
I'm going to put 1,2,3 so it seems like I'm making a valid point. How can you say the bible is fictional? Its history its not just the bible that has these historical accounts, don't be a fool. So your saying alister crowley wasn't a satanist? Wow you don't know nothing.

UK

#13911 Mar 18, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, god is nonexisting, why should I hate a nonexisting thing?
the most high does exist, and don't hate then don't try and tell me about something you don't know.

Scottsburg, IN

#13912 Mar 18, 2013
I just understand the English language unlike you.

Oh and for the last time, Skin cancer epidemic amongst dark skinned African Americans.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/skin/afame...

If you are unable to understand this fcktard that is on you. We really shouldn't have to keep explaining this to you again and again Colin.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>don't be a child, you sound pethetic.

UK

#13913 Mar 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Jesus foretold the horrible things that would happen when he returned for Armageddon and he told this to children, he finished by telling these children these things would all happen before some of them died.
Those children died almost 2000 years ago and the end hasn't come. This has been explained to you several times before and you always run away from it.
This has solidly answered your question beyond a shadow of doubt and will not be repeated again regardless if you run away from it again Colin.
<quoted text>
I don't want your thoughts give me the scripture.

Scottsburg, IN

#13914 Mar 18, 2013
Again Colin and for the last time. Matthew 24 Jesus foretells all the scary events that will happen when he returns bringing about Armageddon. He goes into great detail about what will happen. Read the entire chapter and cringe at all the dark things that will happen.

Then stop at Matthew 24:34 and laugh at how silly it at is! Lol!

Your question has been answered again regardless if you have the comprehension needed to understand.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want your thoughts give me the scripture.

UK

#13915 Mar 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Again Colin and for the last time. Matthew 24 Jesus foretells all the scary events that will happen when he returns bringing about Armageddon. He goes into great detail about what will happen. Read the entire chapter and cringe at all the dark things that will happen.
Then stop at Matthew 24:34 and laugh at how silly it at is! Lol!
Your question has been answered again regardless if you have the comprehension needed to understand.
<quoted text>
my names not collin, that's a future prophecy, christ is speaking of the generation that will be living in those last days, in the days of his return. He's speaking to a future generation, hence the word prophecy. Fool.

UK

#13916 Mar 18, 2013
Romans, chapter 1 verse 25, who changed the truth of god into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

UK

#13917 Mar 18, 2013
Romans chapter 3 verse 3, for what if some did not belive? Shall their unbelief make the faith of god without effect?

Romans chapter 3 verse 4, god forbid: yea, let god be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, that thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13919 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>ooooh you thought I was some dumb unlearned chrstian right, no I'm not. You have nothing to say.
Actually, I have plenty to say, but I doubt you are brave enough to deal with it, and btw, when I have nothing to say, I will be the one to say that. Not you ... you speak for yourself, and I will speak for myself.

UK

#13920 Mar 18, 2013
Thessalonians1 chapter 5 verse 21, prove all things;

UK

#13921 Mar 18, 2013
The black americans bought over on slave ships are not africans, Neither are the black carribeans.

Deut 28:15 but it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the lord thy god, to obeserve to do all his commandments and his statues which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee.

Deut 28;49 the lord shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the ends of the earth, as swift as the (eagle) flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

Deut 28:68 and the lord shall bring thee into (egypt) again with (ships), by the way whereof I spake unto thee, thou shalt see it no more again: and the ye shall be (sold) unto your enemies for bond men and bond women, and no man shall buy you.

Egypt=bondage buy=redeemed

Deut28:48 therefore thou shall serve thine enemies which the lord shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in (nakedness), and in want of all things: and he shall put a (yoke) of iron upon thy (neck), until he have destroyed thee.

Deut28:64 and the lord shall (scatter) thee among all the people, from one end of the earth to another; and there thou shall serve other (gods) which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even (wood) and (stone).

Ok who did that happen too? Hmmmm I wonder? Bible isn't real, you just don't know it.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13922 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Romans chapter 3 verse 3, for what if some did not belive? Shall their unbelief make the faith of god without effect?
Romans chapter 3 verse 4, god forbid: yea, let god be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, that thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
he Company of the Gods rejoice at thy rising, the earth is glad when it beholdeth thy rays; the
people who have been long dead come forth with cries of joy to behold thy beauties every day.
Thou goest forth each day over heaven and earth, and thou art made strong each day be thy
mother Nut. Thou passest over the heights of heaven, thy heart swelleth with joy; and the Lake
of Testes (the Great Oasis) is content thereat. The Serpent-fiend hath fallen, his arms are hewn
off, the Knife hath severed his joints. Ra liveth by Maat (Law), the beautiful!

The Book of the Dead

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13923 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
The black americans bought over on slave ships are not africans, Neither are the black carribeans.
Deut 28:15 but it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the lord thy god, to obeserve to do all his commandments and his statues which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee.
Deut 28;49 the lord shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the ends of the earth, as swift as the (eagle) flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
Deut 28:68 and the lord shall bring thee into (egypt) again with (ships), by the way whereof I spake unto thee, thou shalt see it no more again: and the ye shall be (sold) unto your enemies for bond men and bond women, and no man shall buy you.
Egypt=bondage buy=redeemed
Deut28:48 therefore thou shall serve thine enemies which the lord shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in (nakedness), and in want of all things: and he shall put a (yoke) of iron upon thy (neck), until he have destroyed thee.
Deut28:64 and the lord shall (scatter) thee among all the people, from one end of the earth to another; and there thou shall serve other (gods) which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even (wood) and (stone).
Ok who did that happen too? Hmmmm I wonder? Bible isn't real, you just don't know it.
A Hymn of Praise to Osiris Un-Nefer, the great god who dwelleth in Abtu, the king of eternity, the
lord of everlastingness, who traverseth millions of years in his existence. Thou art the eldest son
of the womb of Nut. Thou was begotten by Keb, the Erpat. Thou art the lord of the Urrt Crown.
Thou art he whose White Crown is lofty. Thou art the King (Ati) of gods [and] men. Thou hast
gained possession of the sceptre of rule, and the whip, and the rank and dignity of thy divine
fathers. Thy heart is expanded with joy, O thou who art in the kingdom of the dead. Thy son
Horus is firmly placed on thy throne. Thou hast ascended thy throne as the Lord of Tetu, and as
the Heq who dwelleth in Abydos. Thou makest the Two Lands to flourish through
Truth-speaking, in the presence of him who is the Lord to the Uttermost Limit. Thou drawest on
that which hath not yet come into being in thy name of "Ta-her-sta-nef." Thou governest the Two
Lands by Maat in thy name of "Seker." Thy power is wide-spread, thou art he of whom the fear is
great in thy name of "Usar" (or "Asar"). Thy existence endureth for an infinite number of double
henti periods in thy name of "Un-Nefer."

The Book of the Dead

Europe

#13924 Mar 18, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
A Hymn of Praise to Osiris Un-Nefer, the great god who dwelleth in Abtu, the king of eternity, the
lord of everlastingness, who traverseth millions of years in his existence. Thou art the eldest son
of the womb of Nut. Thou was begotten by Keb, the Erpat. Thou art the lord of the Urrt Crown.
Thou art he whose White Crown is lofty. Thou art the King (Ati) of gods [and] men. Thou hast
gained possession of the sceptre of rule, and the whip, and the rank and dignity of thy divine
fathers. Thy heart is expanded with joy, O thou who art in the kingdom of the dead. Thy son
Horus is firmly placed on thy throne. Thou hast ascended thy throne as the Lord of Tetu, and as
the Heq who dwelleth in Abydos. Thou makest the Two Lands to flourish through
Truth-speaking, in the presence of him who is the Lord to the Uttermost Limit. Thou drawest on
that which hath not yet come into being in thy name of "Ta-her-sta-nef." Thou governest the Two
Lands by Maat in thy name of "Seker." Thy power is wide-spread, thou art he of whom the fear is
great in thy name of "Usar" (or "Asar"). Thy existence endureth for an infinite number of double
henti periods in thy name of "Un-Nefer."
The Book of the Dead
i dont deal with egyptology sorry

Europe

#13925 Mar 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I have plenty to say, but I doubt you are brave enough to deal with it, and btw, when I have nothing to say, I will be the one to say that. Not you ... you speak for yourself, and I will speak for myself.
you still havent said anything.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13926 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>i dont deal with egyptology sorry
Why not, it is just as valid as your bibull BS.

I also noticed you had no comment the bibull errors you said did not exist.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13927 Mar 18, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm waiting for that day???
We're all waiting for the day you crack open a book other than the bible, dillweed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min THE LONE WORKER 40,503
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 15 min ChristineM 16,008
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 34 min thetruth 4,663
A Universe from Nothing? 43 min thetruth 60
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Pahu 3,749
Reasoning with Insanity 1 hr thetruth 85
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr thetruth 20,582
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 255,967
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr thetruth 232
More from around the web