Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 657)

Showing posts 13,121 - 13,140 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

You can't call atheist's liars because they don't believe in god.

If god was accepted as a scientific fact, then yes you can call them liars, but it isn't, so they aren't.

I think the scientists have a word for you guys too...
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem as Dawkins and Obama seem to find you wanting :-)
keep attacking people while atheism's logic remains unharmed.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Ellie wrote:
I will be dead and in heaven with God by 2038, Good for me!
When dead, you are totally dead. Sorry, no heaven or a god! This is absurd!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>E=MC squared PROVES mass to be a form of energy.
Nope, it proves that the two are related. Also, computer annotation is e=MC^2
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you HOPE you will be in heaven.
You don't know for sure.
By the way - which god are you referring to?
There was never such a thing like a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You supplied it.
If you know what you claim to know, you have to be omniscient, as physical knowledge cannot provide it.
Since mortals are not omniscient, you have to be a god.
Since you are a god, gods exist.
Or else you're just lying...
Check out your dancing, that's some good moves, for a third grade student.

You danced around the topic, then twisted and contorted the meanings of the words. Yep, just like a break dancer.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I cannot hate that which is not real-- you may as well try to accuse me of hating Harry Potter.
Silly person.
I do despise what the IDEA of god does to people such as yourself-- it clearly damages people's minds.
Yours especially.
Pity, you.
The more intellectuel you are, the less influentiell you are for a religion.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe it needs challenging and thank you for it. Anyone who would make a statement so obviously rediculous would put one in a quandry as how to answer.
I have Italian heritage, I read it as a joke at first, then looked at the poster's name.....The man(?) himself is ignorant and rude. I don't think responding nicely or not to him will make any difference. If you disagree, he'll act like a jerk anyway.
Just depends on your personal preference and how much patience you've got. I prefer to be nice but I've not got an abundance of patience......sooooo ;0)
The new pope is a new devil no more!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Olde Tennessee Ernie...
Fill in blank
_____is more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
Belief in God declines in more developed countries and is concentrated in Europe in countries such as Sweden (64% nonbelievers), Denmark (48%), France (44%) and Germany (42%).
In contrast, the incidence of atheism in most sub-Saharan countries is below 1%. In United Kingdom "No Religion" has overtaken "Christians" in a 2007 poll.
Interestingly enough in Mexico separation of church and state is guaranteed by Article 130 of the Mexican Constitution, which also designates religious leaders as ineligible for public office, while the majority of the population identifies as Roman Catholic (89%); if only the USA can learn from this!
The less uneducated people are the more they are for the catches of religious myths!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I do know the bible, it is why I am atheist. And it was religion that taught me that the bible was all real.
Reality taught me that it is all fairy tales. Being a realist comes with a price, it is nearly impossible to delude myself
Well, come to science if you have not come to it.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
keep attacking people while atheism's logic remains unharmed.
Atheists logic is always victorious!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you still have nothing to say, I'm.still waitng for you to show.me something out the bible.what I shown which is wrong? You don't know nothing simple
Not the slightest dint: The bible is full of fakes, lies and of course errors too!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I do know the bible, it is why I am atheist. And it was religion that taught me that the bible was all real.
Reality taught me that it is all fairy tales. Being a realist comes with a price, it is nearly impossible to delude myself
Stay with science and you will have a satisfaction for your life!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
if you invent god, your word is your responsibility alone, not of atheists.
In the history of mankind there were thousands of gods, but they were all myths no realities.
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Run out of ideas
other than "name calling" :-)
Well, try it with science!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You supplied it.

If you know what you claim to know, you have to be omniscient, as physical knowledge cannot provide it.

:)

Could you just imagine her being a god?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it proves that the two are related. Also, computer annotation is e=MC^2
Wikipedia:
If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.

A scientific theory in one branch of science must hold true in all of the other branches of science.

BRIAN GREENE: It's a little known secret but for more than half a century a dark cloud has been looming over modern science. Here's the problem: our understanding of the universe is based on two separate theories. One is Einstein's general theory of relativity—that's a way of understanding the biggest things in the universe, things like stars and galaxies. But the littlest things in the universe, atoms and subatomic particles, play by an entirely different set of rules called, "quantum Mechanics"

These two sets of rules are each incredibly accurate in their own domain but whenever we try to combine them, to solve some of the deepest mysteries in the universe, disaster strikes.

Take the beginning of the universe, the "big bang." At that instant a tiny nugget erupted violently. Over the next 14 billion years the universe expanded and cooled into the stars, galaxies and planets we see today. But if we run the cosmic film in reverse, everything that's now rushing apart comes back together, so the universe gets smaller, hotter and denser as we head back to the beginning of time.

As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

You know fatboy the funny thing is, when something actually exists, people can show observable evidence for it an not rely on two penny word parlor trick word games.

Just something for you to consider along with green leafy vegetables.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You supplied it.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it proves that the two are related. Also, computer annotation is e=MC^2
Accepted in the sense you describe.

“go fly kites ”

Since: Jan 13

London, GB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Nightserf's comments are of most value regarding stats, but I would suggest that most polls ask leading questions, pre-supposing one has a religion or supestitious belief, e.g. "Responses in the survey were to the question, "What is your religious preference?"
The often quoted UK national census asks 'what is your religion'
http://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/old-campaign...
Even I ticked Christian in 2001 and I assure you I've had no religion in my life in decades. Nor have most of my friends and family.(I trust we all lead reasonably good lives" :-)
http://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/old-campaign...
Wasn't there an option for 'atheist' or rather 'none'? or did that only come in on the 2011.
Everywhere, it seems to be, presupposes a religion. An form-filling tends to ask, name/address, occupation, next of kin and religion. It's assumed you have all of these to be an actual worthwhile participant in society. If one of those is missing it's like the attitude is you're less of a person somehow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,121 - 13,140 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 min Patrick 154
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Buck Crick 223,996
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Buck Crick 3
How anti-atheist stigma affects the mental heal... 10 hr NightSerf 1
A Really Good Thing 11 hr NightSerf 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr Richardfs 830
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 18 hr religionisillness 349
•••
•••