Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Shyytt

UK

#13844 Mar 16, 2013
Useless piece of tutty u are

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13845 Mar 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
This passionate Muslim woman pens a poem to Allah.
Her message applies to all desert religions
http://www.youtube.com/embed/ofzQ2qNBNAg
One of my all-time favorite YouTube videos-- even as it keeps getting force-taken down...

Thanks for the link to the latest incarnation.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#13847 Mar 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. If you cannot discover "creator" in all the things are around you, I would call it "negative hallucination".
No such thing, next fallacy please.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#13848 Mar 16, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Whilst looking into a mirror, recite your last question.
You lead first!! Practice what your preach.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#13849 Mar 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the koran or however you spell this evil little stupid book, is as stupid as the illiterate "hero" you worship?
LOL!
<quoted text>
Because idiots are as common as dirt-- especially in the middle east?
You are a FINE specimen of idiot, for example.
Your comments only show your stupidness and your foul mouth.

If you spit on sky, it will fall back on your face.

I know cursing and abusing and insulting is your "normal way of talking".

Carry on!!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#13850 Mar 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is here.
We've evolved - you haven't.
Get primitive, Muq - you know you love it.
My proof was "better" than yours!!

By "every" standard!!

I do not know where you evolved or not...you are trying to "de-evolve" and go back to that ape like ancestor, you supposed to have evolved from.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#13851 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
And another thing, why try and bring scriptures out to me when you will get torn down. And why bring scriptures out when you don't belive in the most high? That means you acknowledge the most high wether you think the scripture is evil or not. You say the most high dosent exist, ok, then why are you trying to prove something out of a book which you say the god of don't exist? And you don't know the bible I done proved that, so don't try and tell me about it.
If I quote "Alice In Wonderland" does that mean I believe a girl named Alice once existed and that Wonderland is a real place that I'd like to visit one day?

If I can quote said story, how can you 'done prove' different? What is it you think you are proving/disproving. Uhhh, black and white print is really....kind of black and white.
Ellie

Barrington, RI

#13852 Mar 16, 2013
I will be dead and in heaven with God by 2038, Good for me!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#13853 Mar 16, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but there are so many dafties on Topix. Why respond and why be rude to them? I don't think it helps.
I just thought that it was a bit ignorant to imagine that black or brown skinned people had no use for sun screen. Not an idea to go unchallenged, perhaps?
Yes, I believe it needs challenging and thank you for it. Anyone who would make a statement so obviously rediculous would put one in a quandry as how to answer.

I have Italian heritage, I read it as a joke at first, then looked at the poster's name.....The man(?) himself is ignorant and rude. I don't think responding nicely or not to him will make any difference. If you disagree, he'll act like a jerk anyway.

Just depends on your personal preference and how much patience you've got. I prefer to be nice but I've not got an abundance of patience......sooooo ;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#13854 Mar 16, 2013
Ellie wrote:
"All the atoms of our bodies will be blown into space in the disintegration of the Solar System, to live on forever as mass or energy. That's what we should be teacting our children, not fairy tales about angels and seeing grandma in heaven." Carolyn Porco

That's the only eternal life you'll possess....it's not a badthing either.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#13855 Mar 16, 2013
Matt Road wrote:
Didn't the last census have Christianity heading to a minority?
Was still other religions though; with, I think, more people claiming some belief over none. Was even still some Jedi's about.
An ingrained need persists for some type of belief in 'other'. With education to think for themselves I think there will be less deluded come 2038 though not defeated. Parents bring up children by their own philosophy and even when rejected on a temp basis they go back to whatever it is sooner or later in life. The only way round this would be to bring kids up in a kibbutz type scenario perhaps.
I've worked for the Census Bureau a few times, no religious affiliation questions are allowed.

There are different studies and polls showing the decline of religion in this country. I think the title of this thread shows the posit of some polls that religious folk will be in the minority percentage come 2038.

My mother declared to the day she died that, "I didn't raise any atheists." She believed I was going through a phase....I suppose. Yes, young people are one of the least religious demographics. This doesn't mean that rejection of faith is only temporary for all. Statistics are already proving this.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#13856 Mar 16, 2013
Ellie wrote:
You mean you HOPE you will be in heaven.

You don't know for sure.

By the way - which god are you referring to?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#13857 Mar 16, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You complete flaming moron.
Pay attention because I would hate for your stupidity to cause pain to someone you know.
Every person of every race can get a sunburn. Every person of every race can get skin cancer and other cancers that can be caused by overexposure to the sun.
Seriously, crack open a book other than the bible sometime.
But where does the bibble and scribble say anything about sunburn? So where does s/he/it get this misinformation anyway.....surely he's not just making stuff up out of whole cloth.....wonder if that's allowed on topix....oh gee, it's late and I'm afraid I've read too many willfully stupid posts....my bad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13858 Mar 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments only show your stupidness and your foul mouth.
If you spit on sky, it will fall back on your face.
I know cursing and abusing and insulting is your "normal way of talking".
Carry on!!
I'm STILL waiting for you to explain why your ...ahem.. "hero" was a child-raper.

So far, you keep ignoring that fact.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13859 Mar 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My proof was "better" than yours!!
By "every" standard!!
I do not know where you evolved or not...you are trying to "de-evolve" and go back to that ape like ancestor, you supposed to have evolved from.
Your Moohumud the illiterate mad bomber, was also a child-raper.

He could not POSSIBLY be a good man as a result.

Thus?

Everything he had anything to do with?

Is pure-D evil.

Sorry, but that's the facts, jack.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13860 Mar 17, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem as Dawkins and Obama seem to find you wanting :-)
Pretending to speak for others, is not very believable with that paste-board mask in being held in front of your face. Who will you be next ... god?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13861 Mar 17, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> ok, I'm not from america I'm from uk, I don't follow religion its pagan, that's about the 10th time I've said that. Moab- japanese. Ishmael-arabs,indians. Japheth-persains,chinese. Ham-africans. Esau-caucasians. Israelites-negros, south americans, west indians, aboriginies,red indians. I don't have a preacher, you have to try and undermind me because you don't know what the bible is. You think its full of fairytales, that's what religion has taught you. And your right you don't go to heaven when you die, dosent say that in the bible, that's what religion teaches.
Actually I do know the bible, it is why I am atheist. And it was religion that taught me that the bible was all real.

Reality taught me that it is all fairy tales. Being a realist comes with a price, it is nearly impossible to delude myself
Imhotep

United States

#13862 Mar 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my all-time favorite YouTube videos-- even as it keeps getting force-taken down...
Thanks for the link to the latest incarnation.
When YT pulls a video, check here.
Katmandu video pulled and found...

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xe4g4w_jes...
Imhotep

United States

#13863 Mar 17, 2013
Ellie wrote:
Tell the Muslim martyrs "Gomer says Hey!"

They have been there since 9/11. It should be a interesting conversation don't you think?

LQTM

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13864 Mar 17, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you still have nothing to say, I'm.still waitng for you to show.me something out the bible.what I shown which is wrong? You don't know nothing simple
"Don't know nothing" is a DOUBLE NEGATIVE, which means the phrase (NOT a sentence) translates to knowing SOMETHING. Get an education. It's nearer the truth YOU don't know ANYTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 59 min Subduction Zone 74,920
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Subduction Zone 6,092
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Subduction Zone 32,045
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 6 hr Subduction Zone 143
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 9 hr Dogen 4,059
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat John 4,952
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web