Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Imhotep

United States

#13804 Mar 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. If you cannot discover "creator" in all the things are around you, I would call it "negative hallucination".
02. Thanks for giving me the definition of Blasphemy. Does it mean that if you do not believe in a particular religion, it gives you 'all the right" to use whatever language and charges you want against its religious heads?
03. Treason is "usually" interpreted against any state, but since God is ruler of this whole Universe, you can treason against him also.
04. You should consider yourself lucky that you came alive after six missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think they did not send you to "forward" missions, but may be you got lucky!!
05. Islamic WAQF is what you call "religious endowment" in west. There are rules and regulations in both system against its misuse.
Most of Mosques and Islamic teaching establishes and even big universities survived from so many centuries on these WAQFS. I do not deny some mismanagement and misappropriation.
06. You are lucky that you did study Islamic law (I am sure from the lips of a Non Muslim teacher).
07. And why you grudge our Islamic scholars doing the religious works for us, do you not leave experts to do your jobs in every fields?
a. Who makes your laws and regulations? Parliament and assemblies? And how qualified are these? Can any Tom, Dick and Harry stand and make a law?
b. Who interprets the law? The Courts and the Lawyers? Can every one interpret law?
c. Finally who does thinking in a battle field? Is every soldier allowed to use his "own thinking"?
So there is nothing wrong , strange or weird if our religious scholars who have spent most part of their lives in study of Islamic law, to interpret it for us.
This passionate Muslim woman pens a poem to Allah.
Her message applies to all desert religions

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ofzQ2qNBNAg

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13805 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everywhere.
Correct, BUT, you are NEVER going to explain that to those who make it a career to believe in BS. You've NO chance.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13806 Mar 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk on the topic which is "proof for evolution"?
Do not diverge into other issues.
Why you have only one track mind?
Whilst looking into a mirror, recite your last question.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13807 Mar 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
If any idiot can write Quran, then why there is so much shortage of idiots in past 1400 years, not to bring even one chapter like Quran?
If Idiots stopped being born since past 1400 years, then it is the biggest of all Miracles!!
PS:
Not convinced with the "proof" I gave for evolution?
That would make one Idiot in the world.
Millions of idiots have been born in the past 1400 years. You, for example...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13808 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> you for real? If we didn't have the sun we would die. And its only caucasians who get burned an radiation from the sun.
Its only caucasians who get burned and radiation from the sun?

hmmm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

You are such an idiot....
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#13809 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Matthew 15 verse 24, but he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of israel.
Again christ came from a nation called israel, from the tribe of judah, and only came for them people.
Forget that garbage!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13810 Mar 16, 2013
I was thinking the same thing! We always used sunscreen at the beach even though we have darker skin.

http://blackdoctor.org/9595/best-sunscreens-f...

Colin there is getting to the point of being just about to damn stupid to even waste time reading. He best step it up or get the EW/ KJV white sheet.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13811 Mar 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Says the retard who doesn't even have a basic knowledge of scripture. Look you really need to step it up because you have been so ignorant it's getting boring now.
<quoted text>
you really can say nothing you still.haven't answered the question I asked you 4 days ago. You don't know the bible one bit, have you read back on the comments?

UK

#13812 Mar 16, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm
what's so funny? Its true the sun gives white people cancer. Oh I guess I'm lying about that now right. You make me laugh.

UK

#13813 Mar 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget that garbage!
nothing to say.

UK

#13814 Mar 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I was thinking the same thing! We always used sunscreen at the beach even though we have darker skin.
http://blackdoctor.org/9595/best-sunscreens-f...
Colin there is getting to the point of being just about to damn stupid to even waste time reading. He best step it up or get the EW/ KJV white sheet.
<quoted text>
dark skinned people don't use sun cream, don't be a fool. That's created for caucasians because they get skin cancer. And don't say its not true because you know it is. I wonder what sun cream africans use or indians? Bunch of idots who won't accept truth, and can't handle truth simple. Now go and rub some sun cream.on before you get burnt and peel like a snake. Oh yh lol

UK

#13815 Mar 16, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of idiots have been born in the past 1400 years. You, for example...
you lot are the idiots, you claim to know everything about everything what a prick.

UK

#13816 Mar 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You must be looking in the mirror Colin. Again your questions have all been thoroughly answered. If you lack the mental abilities to understand that is on you.
<quoted text>
you still have nothing to say, I'm.still waitng for you to show.me something out the bible.what I shown which is wrong? You don't know nothing simple

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#13817 Mar 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I think my post on "proof of evolution" has Strung so many followers of Evolution.
See their comments? As if headless chickens running in every direction!!
What I wrote was a "concluding proof" that Evolution exists and is a "proven fact"!!
The proof is here.

We've evolved - you haven't.

Get primitive, Muq - you know you love it.

Watford, UK

#13818 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>my names not collin, and I think its clear that you have nothing to say.
You're right. Your name's not collin.

It's Colin.

Now, perhaps you should get back to your superstitious mumbo jumbo and general ju-ju.

Watford, UK

#13819 Mar 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
its ok to doubt your faith
He's full of doubts - he has them every day.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13820 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>dark skinned people don't use sun cream, don't be a fool. That's created for caucasians because they get skin cancer. And don't say its not true because you know it is. I wonder what sun cream africans use or indians? Bunch of idots who won't accept truth, and can't handle truth simple. Now go and rub some sun cream.on before you get burnt and peel like a snake. Oh yh lol
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5219752.stm
He said it was true that the extra pigment in darker skin did afford some added protection against the sun's harmful UV rays and that darker skin is, therefore, less susceptible to sunburn.

But he said this should not lull people with darker skin into a false sense of security.

Dark skin has increased epidermal melanin which provides a natural skin protection factor (SPF)- a measure of how long skin covered with sunscreen takes to burn compared with uncovered skin.

Very dark, black skin has a natural SPF of about 13 and filters twice as much UV radiation as white skin, for example.

Sun protection

However, health experts advise people to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
Unquote.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13821 Mar 16, 2013

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13822 Mar 16, 2013
He's an absolute idiot. His stupidity is astonishing.

Either he is slightly retarded or he is putting us on pretending to be this stupid.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5219752.stm
He said it was true that the extra pigment in darker skin did afford some added protection against the sun's harmful UV rays and that darker skin is, therefore, less susceptible to sunburn.
But he said this should not lull people with darker skin into a false sense of security.
Dark skin has increased epidermal melanin which provides a natural skin protection factor (SPF)- a measure of how long skin covered with sunscreen takes to burn compared with uncovered skin.
Very dark, black skin has a natural SPF of about 13 and filters twice as much UV radiation as white skin, for example.
Sun protection
However, health experts advise people to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
Unquote.
Lincoln

United States

#13823 Mar 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He's an absolute idiot. His stupidity is astonishing.
Either he is slightly
retarded

or he is putting us on pretending to be this

stupid.
<quoted text>
Run out of ideas
other than "name calling" :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr River Tam 28,473
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Aura Mytha 66,324
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Eagle 12 3,417
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 21 hr IB DaMann 5,975
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Fri Eagle 12 456
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
Where have all the Atheists gone? Apr 18 Eagle 12 13
More from around the web