Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 653)

Showing posts 13,041 - 13,060 of21,374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 13

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Magic.
That's the answer you wanted to hear, was it not?
It's effing magic.,
LMAO!
oh right?? Weirdo.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away, Colin.
You're too stupid for this board.
my names not collin, and I think its clear that you have nothing to say.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not russian far from it, syria, egypt, europe, africa, america all in the bible. European race all one people, african race all one people just different tribes, negroes all one people different tribes, arabs all one people diferrent tribes, chinese race, japanese people, all documented in the bible they are just known by different names, there real names. And 5 sexes don't be an idiot.
Biblically speaking, you are stretching it.They are known by their real names and are not defined by some 7th. grade dropout Baptist preacher attempting to twist the bible lies to suit his wallet's agenda.

5 or more .... education .... get yourself some.

We are not limited by your silly book. Think Tower of Babel .... breached, and refuted. Heaven/hell/buybull god Yahweh/Jehohah/Allah does not exist, and RH Hill said it best.
>>>>>

"Going to some kind of 'Paradise' after you die is as appealing to scientists as it is disillusioned Popes. Who really knows? Maybe there is some kind of ...
Oops. Almost spiraled off into godbot fantasy land. But really ... even the smartest, most educated, most scientist sounding people on here dance around and won't just come out and say there's ZERO chance for a God of some kind. They'll launch into a probability and statistics lesson to an audience, most of whom, make their decisions with a coin toss. From the seeds of these miniscule philosophical improbabilities ENORMOUS AND TERRIFYING RELIGIONS BLOSSOM!!!
Science has explored the electromagnetic spectrum from DC to light, dug and bounced sound waves off layers deep underground, counted photons from the edge of the Universe and THERE AIN'T NO HEAVEN AND THERE AIN'T NO HELL. There ... I've said it. This dumb-ass radio technician from Texas has come on out and said it. Prove me wrong. Spare me the tales of how Aunt Bessy May's nose wart fell off after a night of intense prayer or how a 'voice' led you to your dead Grandpa's long lost stash of silver dollars. The evidence for my assertion is all around you. It's in the faces of the starving and the neglected and the frightened. It's in the BILLIONS of unanswered prayers that get muttered in quiet desperation every minute of every day. Your God is an evil basterd and we're trying to club it to death with words" ~ R H Hill

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>my names not collin, and I think its clear that you have nothing to say.
Actually he said it all, everything that needs to be said can be summed up in that one sentence. >>>
"You're too stupid for this board."
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he said it all, everything that needs to be said can be summed up in that one sentence. >>>
President Obama may one day celebrate the atheist pope.

The Church of the Nativity has been a political lightning rod in recent months after UNESCO put it on the list of Endangered World Heritage Sites in June, at the request of the Palestinians and against the objections of Jerusalem and Washington.
-
Palestinians touted the recognition by the UN cultural body as an affirmation of sovereignty.
-

“It’s been a very difficult series of challenges for Christian communities in the region,” White House Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes said Thursday on a conference call with reporters.

These challenges were “not just in the West Bank, but [also in] places like Syria, Egypt and Iraq. And recognizing the very deep and ancient Christian communities in that part of the world is a very important thing to do,” Rhodes said.
In the upheavals currently underway in the region,“we’ve underscored the need to protect the rights of minorities. The visit to the Church of the Nativity is intended to send that signal.”
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

justme2631 wrote:
none of you have shown any proof of evolution. none of you understand the bible. theres no 3 or 5 ways to understand the bible. you keep talking about things that are not even relevent to what im writing. none of you can answer my question about the bible even tho you all claim to know everything about the bible. you think, trying to sound clever with words, makes you know more and what your saying is right. none of you seem to understand english. you cant give a straight answer. you bring it down to a low level when you cant come back with any intelligent to say. i hope whoevers reading these convos will go back and read from when i wrote so they can see how foolish athiests realy are. the last thing i have to say to you all is repent. we are in the last days.... p.s dont pull out scriptures you dont understand lol
its ok to doubt your faith

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama may one day celebrate the atheist pope.
The Church of the Nativity has been a political lightning rod in recent months after UNESCO put it on the list of Endangered World Heritage Sites in June, at the request of the Palestinians and against the objections of Jerusalem and Washington.
-
Palestinians touted the recognition by the UN cultural body as an affirmation of sovereignty.
-
“It’s been a very difficult series of challenges for Christian communities in the region,” White House Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes said Thursday on a conference call with reporters.
These challenges were “not just in the West Bank, but [also in] places like Syria, Egypt and Iraq. And recognizing the very deep and ancient Christian communities in that part of the world is a very important thing to do,” Rhodes said.
In the upheavals currently underway in the region,“we’ve underscored the need to protect the rights of minorities. The visit to the Church of the Nativity is intended to send that signal.”
So no response, and no contradiction. We accept your capitulation.
What is the rest of that shit being posted for? Do you think we are not awake, and perfectly capable of thinking on our on? It is why we are atheist, that thinking on our own stuff, it will do it everytime.
You help is not needed, besides we are way ahead of you.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So no response, and no contradiction. We accept your capitulation.
What is the rest of that shit being posted for? Do you think we are not awake, and perfectly capable of thinking on our on? It is why we are atheist, that thinking on our own stuff, it will do it everytime.
You help is not needed, besides we are way ahead of you.
No problem as Dawkins and Obama seem to find you wanting :-)

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Biblically speaking, you are stretching it.They are known by their real names and are not defined by some 7th. grade dropout Baptist preacher attempting to twist the bible lies to suit his wallet's agenda.
5 or more .... education .... get yourself some.
We are not limited by your silly book. Think Tower of Babel .... breached, and refuted. Heaven/hell/buybull god Yahweh/Jehohah/Allah does not exist, and RH Hill said it best.
>>>>>
"Going to some kind of 'Paradise' after you die is as appealing to scientists as it is disillusioned Popes. Who really knows? Maybe there is some kind of ...
Oops. Almost spiraled off into godbot fantasy land. But really ... even the smartest, most educated, most scientist sounding people on here dance around and won't just come out and say there's ZERO chance for a God of some kind. They'll launch into a probability and statistics lesson to an audience, most of whom, make their decisions with a coin toss. From the seeds of these miniscule philosophical improbabilities ENORMOUS AND TERRIFYING RELIGIONS BLOSSOM!!!
Science has explored the electromagnetic spectrum from DC to light, dug and bounced sound waves off layers deep underground, counted photons from the edge of the Universe and THERE AIN'T NO HEAVEN AND THERE AIN'T NO HELL. There ... I've said it. This dumb-ass radio technician from Texas has come on out and said it. Prove me wrong. Spare me the tales of how Aunt Bessy May's nose wart fell off after a night of intense prayer or how a 'voice' led you to your dead Grandpa's long lost stash of silver dollars. The evidence for my assertion is all around you. It's in the faces of the starving and the neglected and the frightened. It's in the BILLIONS of unanswered prayers that get muttered in quiet desperation every minute of every day. Your God is an evil basterd and we're trying to club it to death with words" ~ R H Hill
ok, I'm not from america I'm from uk, I don't follow religion its pagan, that's about the 10th time I've said that. Moab- japanese. Ishmael-arabs,indians. Japheth-persains,chinese. Ham-africans. Esau-caucasians. Israelites-negros, south americans, west indians, aboriginies,red indians. I don't have a preacher, you have to try and undermind me because you don't know what the bible is. You think its full of fairytales, that's what religion has taught you. And your right you don't go to heaven when you die, dosent say that in the bible, that's what religion teaches.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
its ok to doubt your faith
you have nothing to say.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Actually he said it all, everything that needs to be said can be summed up in that one sentence. >>>
don't your getting toooo deep, stupid wow. Did you think that up yourself.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

And another thing, why try and bring scriptures out to me when you will get torn down. And why bring scriptures out when you don't belive in the most high? That means you acknowledge the most high wether you think the scripture is evil or not. You say the most high dosent exist, ok, then why are you trying to prove something out of a book which you say the god of don't exist? And you don't know the bible I done proved that, so don't try and tell me about it.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

You must be looking in the mirror Colin. Again your questions have all been thoroughly answered. If you lack the mental abilities to understand that is on you.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you have nothing to say.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Says the retard who doesn't even have a basic knowledge of scripture. Look you really need to step it up because you have been so ignorant it's getting boring now.
justme2631 wrote:
And another thing, why try and bring scriptures out to me when you will get torn down. And why bring scriptures out when you don't belive in the most high? That means you acknowledge the most high wether you think the scripture is evil or not. You say the most high dosent exist, ok, then why are you trying to prove something out of a book which you say the god of don't exist? And you don't know the bible I done proved that, so don't try and tell me about it.
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Not quite.

Those animals share a common ancestor from which they all Evolved from.
MUQ wrote:
Some one made a comment, there is no "proof" of evolution.
How idiotic is the comment. There is no proof forsooth.
See we have a rat , Right?
And we have a Cat, Right?
And we have a Dog. Right?
And there is No creator, Right?
So it is OBVIOUS that rat, Cat, and Dog must be evolved from each other, Right?
What OTHER proof you need? Dumbo!!
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

I am real.

Are you a failing Turing test?
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> you for real? If we didn't have the sun we would die. And its only caucasians who get burned an radiation from the sun.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. If you cannot discover "creator" in all the things are around you, I would call it "negative hallucination".
02. Thanks for giving me the definition of Blasphemy. Does it mean that if you do not believe in a particular religion, it gives you 'all the right" to use whatever language and charges you want against its religious heads?
03. Treason is "usually" interpreted against any state, but since God is ruler of this whole Universe, you can treason against him also.
04. You should consider yourself lucky that you came alive after six missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think they did not send you to "forward" missions, but may be you got lucky!!
05. Islamic WAQF is what you call "religious endowment" in west. There are rules and regulations in both system against its misuse.
Most of Mosques and Islamic teaching establishes and even big universities survived from so many centuries on these WAQFS. I do not deny some mismanagement and misappropriation.
06. You are lucky that you did study Islamic law (I am sure from the lips of a Non Muslim teacher).
07. And why you grudge our Islamic scholars doing the religious works for us, do you not leave experts to do your jobs in every fields?
a. Who makes your laws and regulations? Parliament and assemblies? And how qualified are these? Can any Tom, Dick and Harry stand and make a law?
b. Who interprets the law? The Courts and the Lawyers? Can every one interpret law?
c. Finally who does thinking in a battle field? Is every soldier allowed to use his "own thinking"?
So there is nothing wrong , strange or weird if our religious scholars who have spent most part of their lives in study of Islamic law, to interpret it for us.
This passionate Muslim woman pens a poem to Allah.
Her message applies to all desert religions

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ofzQ2qNBNAg

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everywhere.
Correct, BUT, you are NEVER going to explain that to those who make it a career to believe in BS. You've NO chance.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk on the topic which is "proof for evolution"?
Do not diverge into other issues.
Why you have only one track mind?
Whilst looking into a mirror, recite your last question.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
If any idiot can write Quran, then why there is so much shortage of idiots in past 1400 years, not to bring even one chapter like Quran?
If Idiots stopped being born since past 1400 years, then it is the biggest of all Miracles!!
PS:
Not convinced with the "proof" I gave for evolution?
That would make one Idiot in the world.
Millions of idiots have been born in the past 1400 years. You, for example...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,041 - 13,060 of21,374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Buck Crick 223,951
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 2 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 3 hr Patrick 4
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 11 hr NightSerf 1
•••
•••