Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24099 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13784 Mar 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
We get radiation from the Sun, you massive fuckwit.
<quoted text>
you for real? If we didn't have the sun we would die. And its only caucasians who get burned an radiation from the sun.

UK

#13785 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everywhere.
don't be dumb

UK

#13786 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, light from the sun (radiation) causes cells in our skin to make vitamin D. The vitamin does NOT come from the sun! the energy to make it does.
you just confirmed it thanx :

UK

#13787 Mar 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to address my complaint:
Who was the IDIOT that "designed" humans such that they cannot use photosynthesis like plants can?
Seriously, WTF?
Your "designer" could not win a 6th grade science fair here...
... lame.
you realy hate god don't you. Create a human mr I know everything.

UK

#13788 Mar 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Magic.
That's the answer you wanted to hear, was it not?
It's effing magic.,
LMAO!
oh right?? Weirdo.

UK

#13789 Mar 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away, Colin.
You're too stupid for this board.
my names not collin, and I think its clear that you have nothing to say.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13790 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not russian far from it, syria, egypt, europe, africa, america all in the bible. European race all one people, african race all one people just different tribes, negroes all one people different tribes, arabs all one people diferrent tribes, chinese race, japanese people, all documented in the bible they are just known by different names, there real names. And 5 sexes don't be an idiot.
Biblically speaking, you are stretching it.They are known by their real names and are not defined by some 7th. grade dropout Baptist preacher attempting to twist the bible lies to suit his wallet's agenda.

5 or more .... education .... get yourself some.

We are not limited by your silly book. Think Tower of Babel .... breached, and refuted. Heaven/hell/buybull god Yahweh/Jehohah/Allah does not exist, and RH Hill said it best.
>>>>>

"Going to some kind of 'Paradise' after you die is as appealing to scientists as it is disillusioned Popes. Who really knows? Maybe there is some kind of ...
Oops. Almost spiraled off into godbot fantasy land. But really ... even the smartest, most educated, most scientist sounding people on here dance around and won't just come out and say there's ZERO chance for a God of some kind. They'll launch into a probability and statistics lesson to an audience, most of whom, make their decisions with a coin toss. From the seeds of these miniscule philosophical improbabilities ENORMOUS AND TERRIFYING RELIGIONS BLOSSOM!!!
Science has explored the electromagnetic spectrum from DC to light, dug and bounced sound waves off layers deep underground, counted photons from the edge of the Universe and THERE AIN'T NO HEAVEN AND THERE AIN'T NO HELL. There ... I've said it. This dumb-ass radio technician from Texas has come on out and said it. Prove me wrong. Spare me the tales of how Aunt Bessy May's nose wart fell off after a night of intense prayer or how a 'voice' led you to your dead Grandpa's long lost stash of silver dollars. The evidence for my assertion is all around you. It's in the faces of the starving and the neglected and the frightened. It's in the BILLIONS of unanswered prayers that get muttered in quiet desperation every minute of every day. Your God is an evil basterd and we're trying to club it to death with words" ~ R H Hill

Earth,TX

#13791 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>my names not collin, and I think its clear that you have nothing to say.
Actually he said it all, everything that needs to be said can be summed up in that one sentence. >>>
"You're too stupid for this board."
Lincoln

United States

#13792 Mar 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he said it all, everything that needs to be said can be summed up in that one sentence. >>>
President Obama may one day celebrate the atheist pope.

The Church of the Nativity has been a political lightning rod in recent months after UNESCO put it on the list of Endangered World Heritage Sites in June, at the request of the Palestinians and against the objections of Jerusalem and Washington.
-
Palestinians touted the recognition by the UN cultural body as an affirmation of sovereignty.
-

“It’s been a very difficult series of challenges for Christian communities in the region,” White House Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes said Thursday on a conference call with reporters.

These challenges were “not just in the West Bank, but [also in] places like Syria, Egypt and Iraq. And recognizing the very deep and ancient Christian communities in that part of the world is a very important thing to do,” Rhodes said.
In the upheavals currently underway in the region,“we’ve underscored the need to protect the rights of minorities. The visit to the Church of the Nativity is intended to send that signal.”
Jimmy

London, UK

#13793 Mar 16, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
none of you have shown any proof of evolution. none of you understand the bible. theres no 3 or 5 ways to understand the bible. you keep talking about things that are not even relevent to what im writing. none of you can answer my question about the bible even tho you all claim to know everything about the bible. you think, trying to sound clever with words, makes you know more and what your saying is right. none of you seem to understand english. you cant give a straight answer. you bring it down to a low level when you cant come back with any intelligent to say. i hope whoevers reading these convos will go back and read from when i wrote so they can see how foolish athiests realy are. the last thing i have to say to you all is repent. we are in the last days.... p.s dont pull out scriptures you dont understand lol
its ok to doubt your faith

Earth,TX

#13794 Mar 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama may one day celebrate the atheist pope.
The Church of the Nativity has been a political lightning rod in recent months after UNESCO put it on the list of Endangered World Heritage Sites in June, at the request of the Palestinians and against the objections of Jerusalem and Washington.
-
Palestinians touted the recognition by the UN cultural body as an affirmation of sovereignty.
-
“It’s been a very difficult series of challenges for Christian communities in the region,” White House Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes said Thursday on a conference call with reporters.
These challenges were “not just in the West Bank, but [also in] places like Syria, Egypt and Iraq. And recognizing the very deep and ancient Christian communities in that part of the world is a very important thing to do,” Rhodes said.
In the upheavals currently underway in the region,“we’ve underscored the need to protect the rights of minorities. The visit to the Church of the Nativity is intended to send that signal.”
So no response, and no contradiction. We accept your capitulation.
What is the rest of that shit being posted for? Do you think we are not awake, and perfectly capable of thinking on our on? It is why we are atheist, that thinking on our own stuff, it will do it everytime.
You help is not needed, besides we are way ahead of you.
Lincoln

United States

#13795 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>So no response, and no contradiction. We accept your capitulation.
What is the rest of that shit being posted for? Do you think we are not awake, and perfectly capable of thinking on our on? It is why we are atheist, that thinking on our own stuff, it will do it everytime.
You help is not needed, besides we are way ahead of you.
No problem as Dawkins and Obama seem to find you wanting :-)

UK

#13796 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Biblically speaking, you are stretching it.They are known by their real names and are not defined by some 7th. grade dropout Baptist preacher attempting to twist the bible lies to suit his wallet's agenda.
5 or more .... education .... get yourself some.
We are not limited by your silly book. Think Tower of Babel .... breached, and refuted. Heaven/hell/buybull god Yahweh/Jehohah/Allah does not exist, and RH Hill said it best.
>>>>>
"Going to some kind of 'Paradise' after you die is as appealing to scientists as it is disillusioned Popes. Who really knows? Maybe there is some kind of ...
Oops. Almost spiraled off into godbot fantasy land. But really ... even the smartest, most educated, most scientist sounding people on here dance around and won't just come out and say there's ZERO chance for a God of some kind. They'll launch into a probability and statistics lesson to an audience, most of whom, make their decisions with a coin toss. From the seeds of these miniscule philosophical improbabilities ENORMOUS AND TERRIFYING RELIGIONS BLOSSOM!!!
Science has explored the electromagnetic spectrum from DC to light, dug and bounced sound waves off layers deep underground, counted photons from the edge of the Universe and THERE AIN'T NO HEAVEN AND THERE AIN'T NO HELL. There ... I've said it. This dumb-ass radio technician from Texas has come on out and said it. Prove me wrong. Spare me the tales of how Aunt Bessy May's nose wart fell off after a night of intense prayer or how a 'voice' led you to your dead Grandpa's long lost stash of silver dollars. The evidence for my assertion is all around you. It's in the faces of the starving and the neglected and the frightened. It's in the BILLIONS of unanswered prayers that get muttered in quiet desperation every minute of every day. Your God is an evil basterd and we're trying to club it to death with words" ~ R H Hill
ok, I'm not from america I'm from uk, I don't follow religion its pagan, that's about the 10th time I've said that. Moab- japanese. Ishmael-arabs,indians. Japheth-persains,chinese. Ham-africans. Esau-caucasians. Israelites-negros, south americans, west indians, aboriginies,red indians. I don't have a preacher, you have to try and undermind me because you don't know what the bible is. You think its full of fairytales, that's what religion has taught you. And your right you don't go to heaven when you die, dosent say that in the bible, that's what religion teaches.

UK

#13797 Mar 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
its ok to doubt your faith
you have nothing to say.

UK

#13798 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>Actually he said it all, everything that needs to be said can be summed up in that one sentence. >>>
don't your getting toooo deep, stupid wow. Did you think that up yourself.

UK

#13799 Mar 16, 2013
And another thing, why try and bring scriptures out to me when you will get torn down. And why bring scriptures out when you don't belive in the most high? That means you acknowledge the most high wether you think the scripture is evil or not. You say the most high dosent exist, ok, then why are you trying to prove something out of a book which you say the god of don't exist? And you don't know the bible I done proved that, so don't try and tell me about it.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13800 Mar 16, 2013
You must be looking in the mirror Colin. Again your questions have all been thoroughly answered. If you lack the mental abilities to understand that is on you.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you have nothing to say.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13801 Mar 16, 2013
Says the retard who doesn't even have a basic knowledge of scripture. Look you really need to step it up because you have been so ignorant it's getting boring now.
justme2631 wrote:
And another thing, why try and bring scriptures out to me when you will get torn down. And why bring scriptures out when you don't belive in the most high? That means you acknowledge the most high wether you think the scripture is evil or not. You say the most high dosent exist, ok, then why are you trying to prove something out of a book which you say the god of don't exist? And you don't know the bible I done proved that, so don't try and tell me about it.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#13802 Mar 16, 2013
Not quite.

Those animals share a common ancestor from which they all Evolved from.
MUQ wrote:
Some one made a comment, there is no "proof" of evolution.
How idiotic is the comment. There is no proof forsooth.
See we have a rat , Right?
And we have a Cat, Right?
And we have a Dog. Right?
And there is No creator, Right?
So it is OBVIOUS that rat, Cat, and Dog must be evolved from each other, Right?
What OTHER proof you need? Dumbo!!
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#13803 Mar 16, 2013
I am real.

Are you a failing Turing test?
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> you for real? If we didn't have the sun we would die. And its only caucasians who get burned an radiation from the sun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min emperorjohn 21,229
Good arguments against Christianity 9 min Reason Personified 228
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 min emperorjohn 18,673
A Universe from Nothing? 44 min Insults Are Easier 602
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr THE LONE WORKER 43,360
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr Patrick 783
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 hr Patrick 4,831
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Patrick 256,610
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Eagle 12 10,080
More from around the web