Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Read more: Psychology Today 23,565

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Read more

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13714 Mar 15, 2013
As everyone can see, no one can come back with anything intelligent to say, what a bunch of idiots. I'm off on to the next one. Oh yh lol lol lmfaof you idiots.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#13715 Mar 15, 2013
You're wrong.
justme2631 wrote:
As everyone can see, no one can come back with anything intelligent to say, what a bunch of idiots. I'm off on to the next one. Oh yh lol lol lmfaof you idiots.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13716 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>your a real idiot trust me you havnt told me one part of the body that that you don't need?
Appendix. Stupid.

You don't reeed rill guud, dew yew?

And obviously? I left a possibly unused part out:

In YOUR case?

Someone could remove your entire brain, and you'd never miss it...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13717 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> prove it
Okay.

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
Lincoln

United States

#13718 Mar 15, 2013
Cancer_Woman wrote:
I do like the idea of religion disappearing, very much so; but I don't see that happenening any time soon...
Atheists often highly intelligent rationalists.
They seem bent on educating America away from Christianity?
Lincoln

United States

#13719 Mar 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
Proof of evolution: http://korigins.org/
LOL

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13720 Mar 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point there and it makes a lot of sense.
Medical treatments tend to be hit or miss with using statistics for determining the first, second, third, etc. courses of action. Doctors now are the front line for that.
But I could see a computer might be a better point of contact - a larger database of information to determine the best medicine for a particular individual.
The doctor would be behind the scenes analyzing the results and sending the results onto a programmer.
The shape of things to come, indeed.
It'll get real interesting before it settles down, though.

Custom-tailored viruses will likely be on the forefront in the future-- you have a problem?

Your issue(s) are diagnosed via a direct blood/tissue sample. After analysis, a virus is fabricated with the therapeutic DNA or RNA inside-- and duplicated a few billion times. You're then injected with the non-replicating viral engine (which is why it must be duplicated externally, likely by custom-tailored bacteria engines) and slowly injected directly into your bloodstream.

I could even see encapsulation by carbon-60 atoms as being a part of the process, such that you inhale the product instead of puncturing your skin.

The future could look very nice, for medicine, once science harnesses nanoscale engineering-- likely by co-opting what evolution has already accomplished.

Imagine what a bacteria or virus would be like, if it >>were<< intelligently designed to a specific purpose?

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13721 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what you talking we get vitamin d from the sun idiot
Vitamin D production is not photosynthesis.

You don't reed rill guud, dew yew?

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13722 Mar 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be curious what the winning bid would be.
It'd be a hoot if an atheist sniped it at the last second. But hey, more money for the Vatican coffers.
If Mother Theresa can buy sainthood, why not the Papal office (as was tradition not so long ago)?
Yes, but I'd not wish to be around if the papacy was simply up for the highest bidder.

Imagine the Vatican, but run with the callous disregard of say, BP or Enron?

.... wait.

Nevermind.

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13723 Mar 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Great post man! I am willing to bet $10,000 he doesn't even read it. he will just repeat his question like a braying jackass even though it was properly and thoroughly answered.
<quoted text>
You'd win that bet.

Here's his... ahem... "reply"
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>your a real idiot trust me you havnt told me one part of the body that that you don't need? Take your eyes out then let's see if you can see rip your ears of chop of your foot take out your teeth lets see you chew a nut your a twat I'm not even gena reply to you
He don' reed rill guud, dew he?

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13724 Mar 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Knew it! Score!!!
<quoted text>
Yep.

It is quite clear, that you could remove his brain in it's entirety, and he'd never miss it...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13725 Mar 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your anger has turned you to the dark side already.
Are there not people who are blind or deaf? Are there not people without legs? or arms?
Are there not people who have had their tonsils or appendix removed?
But you do show promise - you are the first person I know of who had their entire brain removed (vestigial organ in your case) and survived to make a post.
(Granted, I suspected quite a lot of people, but you make such a compelling case there's no doubt.)
(in the voice of Montgommrey Burns):

Excellent.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13726 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Evolution is a joke, the people who belive evolution are a biggef joke. Christ never said join any religion, and I'm still waiting for the scripture from you people. Christ never said the law is done away with, and there ain't just ten commandments there's over 600 laws. Christ was the sacrifice to do away with the sacrificial law period theres no getting around that. Christ didn't come from no immaculate birth, he was from the root of david he was an israelite from the tribe of judah, his father was joseph his mother was mary. The bible dosent deal with who your mother was its who your father was, the seed of your father. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Christ lineage is through joseph not mary, read it. Christ is only coming back for one nation the nation of israel, prove me wrong all through out the bible all it says is israel shall be saved. And I ain't talking about those fake je(wish) people over in israel, they ain't the people. I can prove that historicaly and in the bible. Christ isnt a white man with blue eyes and blonde hair either. It tells you what he looks like in the bible. Prove me wrong. Christ will return the same way he left through the clouds, what you think ufos are? Chariots of the most high it talks about them all through out the bible what do you think the angels are in. And you think there not preparing you to fight christ, look at your scifi movies programming people to belive that its aliens coming to take over the planet lol wake up. Satan said I will ascend to heaven I will be like the most high, what you think your space programmes are all about? And do some research before you call me a liar.
The above? Is 100% proof you CAN live a semi-normal life without a brain.

Sad, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13727 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
No one on here has given any evidence of evolution whatsoever, where is your proof people? Show me something stop naming animals and telling me about the earth being 6 billion years old, show me proof. And can someome tell me where it says follow religion in the bible I'm stil waiting for it.
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13728 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> you can't educate me,...
(in the voice of the Cheetos Leopard):

We know.
Lincoln

United States

#13729 Mar 15, 2013
Nine posts ..........

If you have read
the first ten thousand posts
you have read them all:-)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13730 Mar 15, 2013
Henry

Germany

#13731 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Matthew 26 verse 64 christ saith unto them, thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, hereafter shall ye see the son of man sittingon the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Christ is coming back from space blatently tells you that, no getting around it. Ufos and aliens are a joke, there the chariots and angels.
Religions in the nuclear age are the end of mankind.
Lincoln

United States

#13732 Mar 15, 2013
EdSed wrote:
http://www.secularism.org.uk/n ews/2013/03/local-authority-co nsult-on-discriminatory-school -transport-arrangements
"The local authority says it will no longer provide free denominational transport for pupils whose admission is not based on faith grounds.

The council say suitable evidence of adherence to the faith of the school such as a baptismal certificate or a letter from a priest may be requested......"

You can't make this stuff up......

Thanks for a good laugh
Henry

Germany

#13733 Mar 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint: the bible is not a history book.. It's just a fictional story fabricated to control the sheeple.
Like...
... you.
I would agree to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 21 min nanoanomaly 17
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min nanoanomaly 237,697
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,458
News Confessions of a black atheist 6 hr thetruth 310
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Joe Corrilo 14,553
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 7 hr thetruth 7,398
News The Consequences of Atheism 7 hr thetruth 1,257
More from around the web