Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23869 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13724 Mar 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Knew it! Score!!!
<quoted text>
Yep.

It is quite clear, that you could remove his brain in it's entirety, and he'd never miss it...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13725 Mar 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your anger has turned you to the dark side already.
Are there not people who are blind or deaf? Are there not people without legs? or arms?
Are there not people who have had their tonsils or appendix removed?
But you do show promise - you are the first person I know of who had their entire brain removed (vestigial organ in your case) and survived to make a post.
(Granted, I suspected quite a lot of people, but you make such a compelling case there's no doubt.)
(in the voice of Montgommrey Burns):

Excellent.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13726 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Evolution is a joke, the people who belive evolution are a biggef joke. Christ never said join any religion, and I'm still waiting for the scripture from you people. Christ never said the law is done away with, and there ain't just ten commandments there's over 600 laws. Christ was the sacrifice to do away with the sacrificial law period theres no getting around that. Christ didn't come from no immaculate birth, he was from the root of david he was an israelite from the tribe of judah, his father was joseph his mother was mary. The bible dosent deal with who your mother was its who your father was, the seed of your father. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Christ lineage is through joseph not mary, read it. Christ is only coming back for one nation the nation of israel, prove me wrong all through out the bible all it says is israel shall be saved. And I ain't talking about those fake je(wish) people over in israel, they ain't the people. I can prove that historicaly and in the bible. Christ isnt a white man with blue eyes and blonde hair either. It tells you what he looks like in the bible. Prove me wrong. Christ will return the same way he left through the clouds, what you think ufos are? Chariots of the most high it talks about them all through out the bible what do you think the angels are in. And you think there not preparing you to fight christ, look at your scifi movies programming people to belive that its aliens coming to take over the planet lol wake up. Satan said I will ascend to heaven I will be like the most high, what you think your space programmes are all about? And do some research before you call me a liar.
The above? Is 100% proof you CAN live a semi-normal life without a brain.

Sad, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13727 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
No one on here has given any evidence of evolution whatsoever, where is your proof people? Show me something stop naming animals and telling me about the earth being 6 billion years old, show me proof. And can someome tell me where it says follow religion in the bible I'm stil waiting for it.
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13728 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> you can't educate me,...
(in the voice of the Cheetos Leopard):

We know.
Lincoln

United States

#13729 Mar 15, 2013
Nine posts ..........

If you have read
the first ten thousand posts
you have read them all:-)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13730 Mar 15, 2013
Henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#13731 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Matthew 26 verse 64 christ saith unto them, thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, hereafter shall ye see the son of man sittingon the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Christ is coming back from space blatently tells you that, no getting around it. Ufos and aliens are a joke, there the chariots and angels.
Religions in the nuclear age are the end of mankind.
Lincoln

United States

#13732 Mar 15, 2013
EdSed wrote:
http://www.secularism.org.uk/n ews/2013/03/local-authority-co nsult-on-discriminatory-school -transport-arrangements
"The local authority says it will no longer provide free denominational transport for pupils whose admission is not based on faith grounds.

The council say suitable evidence of adherence to the faith of the school such as a baptismal certificate or a letter from a priest may be requested......"

You can't make this stuff up......

Thanks for a good laugh
Henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#13733 Mar 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint: the bible is not a history book.. It's just a fictional story fabricated to control the sheeple.
Like...
... you.
I would agree to that.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13734 Mar 15, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>You are unlikely to get any reasoned response on this forum.
I recently read some claims on Americans being "dumbed down". This forum supplies sufficient evidence to support this claim.
It is a fact that evolution is accepted as fact even in academic circles and basically not questioned. This does not make it true at all. It is a fairly big hoax. One can only smile at this.
Similarly the seemingly ridiculous claim that the earth is stationary. This was a "ridiculous" claim until I started investigating this. No experiments have thus far proven that it is the earth that moves. Even the Foucault pendulum can be explained by alternatives. Einstein, when he formulated his theory on relativity admitted that either claim can be true. Yet we accept without question that the earth rotates around the sun.
We are led by the nose. And we fall for it. What is also interesting, is that "scientists" apparently understand less than 10% even of their own field of study - yet we often accept "scientific fact" as the truth.
It is only when we refuse to accept that our own view is the ultimate truth that knowledge is gained. That is the reason for my initial participation in this forum - to be challenged by facts that contradict what I believe to be true. But as you have come to notice.....no information provided on which to base reasoned discussion.
I must however admit that the strongest evidence against Christ is often Christians themselves who act totally opposite to what the Bible teaches. As prophesied, many false prophets will arise and deceive people. So can you really blame atheists and others for questioning Christianity?
I've yet to come across a more stupid post other than MUG's. It would be funny if it were not so pathetic to THINK an adult had written it.This post gives stupidity a good character.If you have no intention of accepting fact, go away and read a fairy tale. That way, your intelligence won't be called into question,and we'll all be happy.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13735 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
As everyone can see, no one can come back with anything intelligent to say, what a bunch of idiots. I'm off on to the next one. Oh yh lol lol lmfaof you idiots.
Ah, the sweet feeling of victory when sad little trolls like you run away in defeat...

Location hidden

#13736 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what you talking we get vitamin d from the sun idiot
Whoa, we get Vitamin D from the Sun. NOW you're struggling to enlarge.

Location hidden

#13737 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Hebrews cbapter 7 verse 14, for it is evident that our lord sprang out of juda:
Who was Juda?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13738 Mar 15, 2013
Further to the gender segregation issue at London Univ....
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/03/isl...
"...Islamic Education and Research Academy (IERA) has been banned from holding any events on University College London premises after attempting to impose a policy of sexual segregation at one of its events." Unquote.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13739 Mar 15, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Who was Juda?
one of jacobs sons, the 12 tribes, judah is the head tribe.

UK

#13740 Mar 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Vitamin D production is not photosynthesis.
You don't reed rill guud, dew yew?
LOL!
I didn't say it was, you said the sun only helps plants, I'm just telling you what it does for us.

UK

#13741 Mar 15, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions in the nuclear age are the end of mankind.
no athiesim in a nuclear age is the end of man, you people teach that there's no consequences for your actions.

UK

#13742 Mar 15, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the sweet feeling of victory when sad little trolls like you run away in defeat...
victory? You haven't said anything, or answered any of my questions. None of you have proved me wrong.

UK

#13743 Mar 15, 2013
One question, where did the big bang come from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Chimney1 33,923
Reasoning with Insanity 50 min Reason Personified 33
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr MIDutch 14,809
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr thetruth 255,484
News Atheist group in Kenya tests boundaries of reli... 5 hr thetruth 20
church disowns Trump for being too gay friendly 5 hr thetruth 4
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 3,674
More from around the web