Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24083 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13703 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> you can't educate me,....
You are correct.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13704 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> what you talking about? No one on here has read the bible and if they have they don't understand it. They didn't even know how to read the bible I had to tell them. They don't even know what the light was at the light is at the beginning of genesis, I asked two questions and no one on here answered tbem. Its been 4 days lol
Oh that's you have a secret decoder ring.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13705 Mar 15, 2013
MC wrote:
01. Hallucination is when you see things which aren't there, that would be you. Not seeing things which aren't there is called `reality`. Come and join us...in your own time of course.

02. Blasphemy is only applicable to the follower of a particular god, if you blaspheme against jesus Christ of the christians by saying he was not god incarnate does that then give them the right to kill you even though your religion states that he was not the son of god? I don`t believe in your god or anyones god, anyone who tries to force belief is an idiot. One cannot be forced to believe something, one either believes...or one doesn't.

03. Treason is an act against the state, not a religion. We have a multi-cultural, and multi-faith society here. My `god` is not my country, I don`t have a god and I feel quite comfortable criticizing all the `gods` on offer in my country without fear of the imminent collapse of society.

04. I came home very alive twice from Iraq and four times from Afghanistan, didn't clean a single toilet, I was too busy doing... other things. I tend to leave that to the local help, they can clean my toilet and wash my clothes but I wouldn't eat any food they had prepared for me.

05. Waqf only allows charitable purposes which do not encourage open-mindedness or critical thinking in the natural sciences or philosophy, any bequest which is for charitable or for the purpose of education be it money, land or buildings must be covered by `sadaqua` and governed and administered under shariah. This is why Secular universities(and christian ones) thrive and Islamic universities stand still.

06. I have studied the comparative laws of religions and have been lectured by mufti many times...at a leading secular law school.

07. The mullahs and the mufti`s will do your thinking for you. They will tell you what to believe about the world you live in...and how to believe it....AND DON`T YOU DARE FORGET IT!
Ans.

01. If you cannot discover "creator" in all the things are around you, I would call it "negative hallucination".

02. Thanks for giving me the definition of Blasphemy. Does it mean that if you do not believe in a particular religion, it gives you 'all the right" to use whatever language and charges you want against its religious heads?

03. Treason is "usually" interpreted against any state, but since God is ruler of this whole Universe, you can treason against him also.

04. You should consider yourself lucky that you came alive after six missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think they did not send you to "forward" missions, but may be you got lucky!!

05. Islamic WAQF is what you call "religious endowment" in west. There are rules and regulations in both system against its misuse.

Most of Mosques and Islamic teaching establishes and even big universities survived from so many centuries on these WAQFS. I do not deny some mismanagement and misappropriation.

06. You are lucky that you did study Islamic law (I am sure from the lips of a Non Muslim teacher).

07. And why you grudge our Islamic scholars doing the religious works for us, do you not leave experts to do your jobs in every fields?

a. Who makes your laws and regulations? Parliament and assemblies? And how qualified are these? Can any Tom, Dick and Harry stand and make a law?

b. Who interprets the law? The Courts and the Lawyers? Can every one interpret law?

c. Finally who does thinking in a battle field? Is every soldier allowed to use his "own thinking"?

So there is nothing wrong , strange or weird if our religious scholars who have spent most part of their lives in study of Islamic law, to interpret it for us.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13706 Mar 15, 2013
F Singh wrote:
01. You haven't answered my question yet. Why did God create us. Was there some specific reason or not?

02. Again MUQ, you are falling back to the pit that I dug in my first post(reply) to you.
Ok, I am ungrateful to him. And he will punish me for that. Well does this mean, he wanted to get praised and respected?(I asked you in the very first post).Does this mean, he created human beings because he wanted someone to feel indebted to him and worship him?Does this mean God created human beings to gratify his big ego?
Is that reason why he created us?This is very much contradicting to Islam because Islam says God needs nothing.

03. There is something called unconditional love. Many human beings tend to offer it. Now tell me who is better?

The Egoistical God or a simple man who offers unconditional love?

What makes him spiritually great if he offers every good to human beings with a selfish motive of serving his own big ego. Is he trying to convince himself that he is the greatest?
Ans.

You have asked so many questions and then you gave your own answers and then put your own objections to those answers.

What type of discussion in this?

I do not know what specific reasons were in God' mind when He created humans.

I do not know what is inside His brain.

So why should I answer these questions.

My job is just to deliver the message and answer any query regarding that message.

I cannot answer these type of "rapid-fire" type of self answering machines.

If God has a BIG EGO, then He is entitled for it. Because He is the Sole Creator and Owner of this Universe and everything in it.

You are trying to prove that YOUR EGO is even bigger than His!!

PS:

Our Creator tells us in His Final Revelation to Humankind that "We have Created Humans and Jinn to Serve Me".

So you are a Born Slave and Servant. Do your duty and forget other ideas that creep into your mind.

“"Watch the weather change..."”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13707 Mar 15, 2013
I do like the idea of religion disappearing, very much so; but I don't see that happenening any time soon...

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13708 Mar 15, 2013
Created Jinn! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!

Genies like in the Disney movie! Hahaha!

You believe in Jinn Muq? Seriously? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!

Those are from the old pagan days where Allah was the moon god. Jinn! Seriously you believe in Jinn?

Lol!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
Our Creator tells us in His Final Revelation to Humankind that "We have Created Humans and Jinn to Serve Me".
So you are a Born Slave and Servant. Do your duty and forget other ideas that creep into your mind.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13710 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> you can't educate me.
Truer words were never spoken...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13711 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> what you talking about? No one on here has read the bible and if they have they don't understand it. They didn't even know how to read the bible I had to tell them. They don't even know what the light was at the light is at the beginning of genesis, I asked two questions and no one on here answered tbem. Its been 4 days lol
That's right, poodle - you're the only one in the whole world who really, truly understands the bible.

We know...we know.

(pats head).

Go have a lollipop now...
Lincoln

United States

#13712 Mar 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If you are truly laughing out loud, there are therapists that may be able to help you.
<quoted text>
Public School seem to have reintroduced Christianity through the back door.
Bible clubs, sports events, prayer circles and music presentation before Christmas and Easter are well attended.
Teachers may be inclined to teach what the state tells them Not to.
Evolution is taught in science classes as it should be and I D is often discussed.

Mumbai, India

#13713 Mar 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You have asked so many questions and then you gave your own answers and then put your own objections to those answers.
What type of discussion in this?
I do not know what specific reasons were in God' mind when He created humans.
I do not know what is inside His brain.
So why should I answer these questions.
My job is just to deliver the message and answer any query regarding that message.
I cannot answer these type of "rapid-fire" type of self answering machines.
If God has a BIG EGO, then He is entitled for it. Because He is the Sole Creator and Owner of this Universe and everything in it.
You are trying to prove that YOUR EGO is even bigger than His!!
PS:
Well which of my points were answering my own questions?Please point out if any.
You do not know the answers.But still you have approved him that he is needless and attributed all those qualities which don't even fit to him.Tell,me what makes an egotistic entity great?I am asking in terms of spirituality,not in terms of power(of course you do believe that God is omnipotent).
Since,we do criticize egotistic persons,then why not the God?
Ok,you have honestly admitted that you do not know the reason behind our creation.Then why do you Muslims say that Allah doesn't need anything when you indeed don't know what makes him independent or needless despite all the reasonable doubts that people like me raise out?
Aren't you fooling yourself and fooling others?
This shows that religion thrives on hypocrisy.You just read Quran and puke out on the people without any critical thinking.Yet you Muslims claim that there is no contradictory statements in Quran.
God needs our praise.He is not independent.He will hurt his big ego if he didn't create us.This is contradictory to Muslim belief that God is independent.This alone would suffice a witty reply that Quran is not perfect.
PS:I do not know whether God exists or not.I am an agnostic(but I do tend to be atheist sometimes.) person.When I am saying 'God',I mean the Muslim perception of God.
Your PS itself is against your belief of God.God needs services from angels and Human beings?
Do answer my questions.There is so much arguments left to follow after this.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13714 Mar 15, 2013
As everyone can see, no one can come back with anything intelligent to say, what a bunch of idiots. I'm off on to the next one. Oh yh lol lol lmfaof you idiots.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#13715 Mar 15, 2013
You're wrong.
justme2631 wrote:
As everyone can see, no one can come back with anything intelligent to say, what a bunch of idiots. I'm off on to the next one. Oh yh lol lol lmfaof you idiots.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13716 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>your a real idiot trust me you havnt told me one part of the body that that you don't need?
Appendix. Stupid.

You don't reeed rill guud, dew yew?

And obviously? I left a possibly unused part out:

In YOUR case?

Someone could remove your entire brain, and you'd never miss it...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13717 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> prove it
Okay.

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
Lincoln

United States

#13718 Mar 15, 2013
Cancer_Woman wrote:
I do like the idea of religion disappearing, very much so; but I don't see that happenening any time soon...
Atheists often highly intelligent rationalists.
They seem bent on educating America away from Christianity?
Lincoln

United States

#13719 Mar 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
Proof of evolution: http://korigins.org/
LOL

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13720 Mar 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point there and it makes a lot of sense.
Medical treatments tend to be hit or miss with using statistics for determining the first, second, third, etc. courses of action. Doctors now are the front line for that.
But I could see a computer might be a better point of contact - a larger database of information to determine the best medicine for a particular individual.
The doctor would be behind the scenes analyzing the results and sending the results onto a programmer.
The shape of things to come, indeed.
It'll get real interesting before it settles down, though.

Custom-tailored viruses will likely be on the forefront in the future-- you have a problem?

Your issue(s) are diagnosed via a direct blood/tissue sample. After analysis, a virus is fabricated with the therapeutic DNA or RNA inside-- and duplicated a few billion times. You're then injected with the non-replicating viral engine (which is why it must be duplicated externally, likely by custom-tailored bacteria engines) and slowly injected directly into your bloodstream.

I could even see encapsulation by carbon-60 atoms as being a part of the process, such that you inhale the product instead of puncturing your skin.

The future could look very nice, for medicine, once science harnesses nanoscale engineering-- likely by co-opting what evolution has already accomplished.

Imagine what a bacteria or virus would be like, if it >>were<< intelligently designed to a specific purpose?

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13721 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what you talking we get vitamin d from the sun idiot
Vitamin D production is not photosynthesis.

You don't reed rill guud, dew yew?

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13722 Mar 15, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be curious what the winning bid would be.
It'd be a hoot if an atheist sniped it at the last second. But hey, more money for the Vatican coffers.
If Mother Theresa can buy sainthood, why not the Papal office (as was tradition not so long ago)?
Yes, but I'd not wish to be around if the papacy was simply up for the highest bidder.

Imagine the Vatican, but run with the callous disregard of say, BP or Enron?

.... wait.

Nevermind.

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13723 Mar 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Great post man! I am willing to bet $10,000 he doesn't even read it. he will just repeat his question like a braying jackass even though it was properly and thoroughly answered.
<quoted text>
You'd win that bet.

Here's his... ahem... "reply"
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>your a real idiot trust me you havnt told me one part of the body that that you don't need? Take your eyes out then let's see if you can see rip your ears of chop of your foot take out your teeth lets see you chew a nut your a twat I'm not even gena reply to you
He don' reed rill guud, dew he?

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min DanFromSmithville 16,508
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min It aint necessari... 40,877
News Atheism Destroyed with One Scientific Question 22 min Ian Cooper 14
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 256,131
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr ChristineM 282
www 1 hr Eagle 12 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 4,693
More from around the web