Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#13663 Mar 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
.....yeah. But even an E-bay pope would likely still be a rich, old, WHITE...
... man.
I'd be curious what the winning bid would be.

It'd be a hoot if an atheist sniped it at the last second. But hey, more money for the Vatican coffers.

If Mother Theresa can buy sainthood, why not the Papal office (as was tradition not so long ago)?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13664 Mar 14, 2013
Great post man! I am willing to bet $10,000 he doesn't even read it. he will just repeat his question like a braying jackass even though it was properly and thoroughly answered.
<quoted text>
Appendix. It serves no real function: proof? People live very long lives after it's removed-- even from childhood.
Eyes, specifically the retina. It's damn backwards. A really sucky "design". The lowly SQUID has a superior retina to all mammals, even humans.
Eyes, again: the lens in your eye is so poorly "designed" that it is not renewed like your skin is-- and by the time you reach 30is or 40? The lens no longer stretches like it used to, and you WILL need glasses or other corrective mechanisms to be able to see clearly.
Backbone: it was "designed" for a quadruped. It's only been force-fit into an upright posture, and badly at that. It's too small for the load it's supposed to carry, and indeed, by the time you're 50, it begins it's rapid decline, as non-renewing cushions began to break down from over-stress.
Ear: again stupid and bad "design". What idiot ordered non-replaceable sensory hairs in the inner ear? Was the moron who "designed" this piece of crap too clueless, and assumed NOBODY would EVER experience loud sounds? WTF?
Teeth: too many teeth for the size of the adult human jaw-- in that the majority of people require surgery to remove the excess, or suffer serious consequences as these extra teeth cause needless injury, disease and suffering. Who was the moron who did the quality-control anyway?
Feet: too small for the load they must carry for 80+ years. Everyone suffers foot pain of one sort or another, by the time they reach their 50's-- it only gets worse as we age.
Mouth/nose/throat: What engineering-school drop-out thought it was a good idea to mix the EATING tube with the BREATHING tube? WHAT? I mean-- there WAS a "blueprint" where these are separate: whales. So who was the MORON who thought it a good idea to CROSS THESE, which enabled a person to all too easily DIE from mixing the wrong thing down the wrong tube... WTF?
Brain: who was the idiot that decided humans DID NOT need self-repairing brains? WHAT? Did this idiot presume humans would NEVER suffer head injuries? Ever? WTF?
----------
Shall I go on, or have you had enough?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13665 Mar 14, 2013
Knew it! Score!!!
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>your a real idiot trust me you havnt told me one part of the body that that you don't need? Take your eyes out then let's see if you can see rip your ears of chop of your foot take out your teeth lets see you chew a nut your a twat I'm not even gena reply to you

Nehwon

#13666 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
You raise a very interesting point.
Being pope would mean an immediate halt to diddling little kids-- the pope has so much publicity, that it'd be too difficult to keep that one secret.
And the Vatican has archives for historical documents available by appointment only.

It's not too far a stretch there's other rooms down there. How ironic would it be if a Vatican sub-basement was a CIA black site?

But it's not like the Catholic church has never done an inquiry on individuals for confession. This secret video stolen from the Vatican archives tells a different story.

The horror.

Nehwon

#13667 Mar 14, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>your a real idiot trust me you havnt told me one part of the body that that you don't need? Take your eyes out then let's see if you can see rip your ears of chop of your foot take out your teeth lets see you chew a nut your a twat I'm not even gena reply to you
I see your anger has turned you to the dark side already.

Are there not people who are blind or deaf? Are there not people without legs? or arms?

Are there not people who have had their tonsils or appendix removed?

But you do show promise - you are the first person I know of who had their entire brain removed (vestigial organ in your case) and survived to make a post.

(Granted, I suspected quite a lot of people, but you make such a compelling case there's no doubt.)

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13668 Mar 14, 2013
Evolution is a joke, the people who belive evolution are a biggef joke. Christ never said join any religion, and I'm still waiting for the scripture from you people. Christ never said the law is done away with, and there ain't just ten commandments there's over 600 laws. Christ was the sacrifice to do away with the sacrificial law period theres no getting around that. Christ didn't come from no immaculate birth, he was from the root of david he was an israelite from the tribe of judah, his father was joseph his mother was mary. The bible dosent deal with who your mother was its who your father was, the seed of your father. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Christ lineage is through joseph not mary, read it. Christ is only coming back for one nation the nation of israel, prove me wrong all through out the bible all it says is israel shall be saved. And I ain't talking about those fake je(wish) people over in israel, they ain't the people. I can prove that historicaly and in the bible. Christ isnt a white man with blue eyes and blonde hair either. It tells you what he looks like in the bible. Prove me wrong. Christ will return the same way he left through the clouds, what you think ufos are? Chariots of the most high it talks about them all through out the bible what do you think the angels are in. And you think there not preparing you to fight christ, look at your scifi movies programming people to belive that its aliens coming to take over the planet lol wake up. Satan said I will ascend to heaven I will be like the most high, what you think your space programmes are all about? And do some research before you call me a liar.

UK

#13669 Mar 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Knew it! Score!!!
<quoted text>
what you talking about? Score what?

UK

#13670 Mar 14, 2013
No one on here has given any evidence of evolution whatsoever, where is your proof people? Show me something stop naming animals and telling me about the earth being 6 billion years old, show me proof. And can someome tell me where it says follow religion in the bible I'm stil waiting for it.

UK

#13671 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your anger has turned you to the dark side already.
Are there not people who are blind or deaf? Are there not people without legs? or arms?
Are there not people who have had their tonsils or appendix removed?
But you do show promise - you are the first person I know of who had their entire brain removed (vestigial organ in your case) and survived to make a post.
(Granted, I suspected quite a lot of people, but you make such a compelling case there's no doubt.)
yeah I didnt say they didn't. What's your point?

UK

#13672 Mar 14, 2013
Did you know columbus found america by reading the apochrypha?

UK

#13673 Mar 14, 2013
The acts chapter13 verse 23, of this mans seed hath god according to his promise raised unto israel a savior, christ; that one scripture tells you christ came through a mans seed, abraham to david, and the promjse is for israel, and he is from the nation of israel.

UK

#13674 Mar 14, 2013
Hebrews cbapter 7 verse 14, for it is evident that our lord sprang out of juda:

UK

#13675 Mar 14, 2013
2nd peters chapter 2 verse 12, but these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not;

UK

#13676 Mar 14, 2013
Revelation 1 verse 14 to 15, his head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow;and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet lime unto fine brass as if they burned in a furnace;and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Christ had an afro with what we would call grey hair, his skin was black, you put anything in a furnace it will come out black, and he spoke with authority he didn't speak soft. Tell me where the churches get blonde hair and blue eyes from that?

UK

#13677 Mar 15, 2013
Matthew chapter 5 verse 17, think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets, I am not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Matthew chapter 5 verse 18, for verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, til all be fulfiled.

Matthew chapter 5 verse 19, whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shal be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

How you get that the laws done away with? Christ blatently tells you keep the law. And he was reading from the old testament.

UK

#13678 Mar 15, 2013
Matthew 15 verse 24, but he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of israel.

Again christ came from a nation called israel, from the tribe of judah, and only came for them people.

UK

#13679 Mar 15, 2013
Matthew 26 verse 64 christ saith unto them, thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, hereafter shall ye see the son of man sittingon the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Christ is coming back from space blatently tells you that, no getting around it. Ufos and aliens are a joke, there the chariots and angels.

UK

#13680 Mar 15, 2013
Mark 13 verse 13, and ye shall be hated of all men for my names sake, but he that shal endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Keep hateing athiests.

UK

#13681 Mar 15, 2013
St john 7 verse 42, ath not the scripture said that christ cometh of the seed of david, and not of the town of which bethlehem, which david was?

Seed people your fathers seed, joseph was descendent from david.

Nehwon

#13682 Mar 15, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Evolution is a joke, the people who belive evolution are a biggef joke. Christ never said join any religion, and I'm still waiting for the scripture from you people. Christ never said the law is done away with, and there ain't just ten commandments there's over 600 laws. Christ was the sacrifice to do away with the sacrificial law period theres no getting around that. Christ didn't come from no immaculate birth, he was from the root of david he was an israelite from the tribe of judah, his father was joseph his mother was mary. The bible dosent deal with who your mother was its who your father was, the seed of your father. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Christ lineage is through joseph not mary, read it. Christ is only coming back for one nation the nation of israel, prove me wrong all through out the bible all it says is israel shall be saved. And I ain't talking about those fake je(wish) people over in israel, they ain't the people. I can prove that historicaly and in the bible. Christ isnt a white man with blue eyes and blonde hair either. It tells you what he looks like in the bible. Prove me wrong. Christ will return the same way he left through the clouds, what you think ufos are? Chariots of the most high it talks about them all through out the bible what do you think the angels are in. And you think there not preparing you to fight christ, look at your scifi movies programming people to belive that its aliens coming to take over the planet lol wake up. Satan said I will ascend to heaven I will be like the most high, what you think your space programmes are all about? And do some research before you call me a liar.
Ok, you got me. You're not a liar.

You're just plain ignorant of the religion that you hold so dear.

Go back and read the Bible. Read up on the history of Christianity. Stop spouting slogans your preacher told you.

Considering that your soul is at stake (in your view), you'd think you would take just a little bit of effort and time to try to understand what the Bible is and was.

But you sound like a follower giving the minimum but trying to score some points by regurgitating little bits and pieces.

And then you shocked and angry when others don't eat up what you are barfing out. After all, you ate that yourself, so why shouldn't everyone else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min u196533dm 81,593
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Science 33,011
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 2,191
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web