Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,214

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#13632 Mar 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing the future will bring: simple emergency anti-pregnancy pills available as an off-the-shelf item.
And again, nobody will care or make comments that women of all ages have access to the tools that let them be in control of their own uterus.
Not that far off.
You are assuming that female contraception is as simple as an OTC medication.

I will admit that I know just enough to be dangerous that contraception is not just a simple thing like that. One pill may work for most women, but for some, they need a different pill.

Consulting with a doctor and a prescription for the best course for any individual seems to be a better plan. This assumes that there are no barriers for seeking guidance or receiving the proper course.

Erecting those barriers looks to be a platform of a political party. The same one that cries "smaller government, more individual freedom because Jesus."

Nehwon

#13633 Mar 14, 2013
Sabir Abdus-Samee wrote:
Accept it or not, there is a god who was here long befor creating you and there is a judgment day when He will call you to account for what is on your minds
And I've had some practice in being called on the carpet by an authority figure who has capricious judgement. Four years enlistment ordered to the Colonel's office. But that's better than getting called to the First Sergeant's office...

But there's a difference between your threat and the one I countered with. Mine actually happens while yours is what you imagine happens.

Don't forget to check under your bed and in the closet for monsters before you go to sleep, eh?

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13634 Mar 14, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>You are unlikely to get any reasoned response on this forum.
I recently read some claims on Americans being "dumbed down". This forum supplies sufficient evidence to support this claim.
It is a fact that evolution is accepted as fact even in academic circles and basically not questioned. This does not make it true at all. It is a fairly big hoax. One can only smile at this.
Similarly the seemingly ridiculous claim that the earth is stationary. This was a "ridiculous" claim until I started investigating this. No experiments have thus far proven that it is the earth that moves. Even the Foucault pendulum can be explained by alternatives. Einstein, when he formulated his theory on relativity admitted that either claim can be true. Yet we accept without question that the earth rotates around the sun.
We are led by the nose. And we fall for it. What is also interesting, is that "scientists" apparently understand less than 10% even of their own field of study - yet we often accept "scientific fact" as the truth.
It is only when we refuse to accept that our own view is the ultimate truth that knowledge is gained. That is the reason for my initial participation in this forum - to be challenged by facts that contradict what I believe to be true. But as you have come to notice.....no information provided on which to base reasoned discussion.
I must however admit that the strongest evidence against Christ is often Christians themselves who act totally opposite to what the Bible teaches. As prophesied, many false prophets will arise and deceive people. So can you really blame atheists and others for questioning Christianity?
thankyou, someone who actualy thinks for themselves and not what they have been told. And yes christianity is a big hoax they don't teach the bible right, the preacher will take one scripture use it for a full sermon and then everyone has a song and dance after.

Nehwon

#13635 Mar 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You have evolved into an
atheist embarrassment -
Keep posting as you present
an excellent argument
for those who hold faith.
Thanks !
We have a new real Pope
Strange how the world still can go on when there's a period without a Pope.

But I expect nothing new with a new Pope. That bureaucracy has been entrenched for a long, long time.

Women bad.
Gays bad.
Contraception bad.(see Women).
non-Christians bad but claim to work with them until they are converted/blackmailed/conquere d.
Ignore Eastern Orthodox church.
Diddling alter boys bad (but still good in secret).
Tithing good.
Start another Crusade good but beyond their power now.
Excommunicating nations as a whole is a wishful reminiscence of the "Good Old Days".(Damn that Geneva Convention condition of mass reprisals!)

Meh. Let's really bring back the historical legacy of the Papal position - A government patronage job for sale to the highest bidder. We could have an E-bay auction for it...

UK

#13636 Mar 14, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The word is "proof", you are looking for proof of evolution, not prove of evolution.
Do you have a mirror? Look into it. Do you see Neanderthal or
Cro-magnon? Do you see human? If you see human, then you are seeing proof of evolution, you are not seeing what your forefathers saw when they looked at their own reflections. You are seeing adaptive changes brought on by the circumstances that man has faced, and survived. And his children will survive it even better because of those adaptations.
Evolution is an ongoing process, the changes continue to happen, and that is what evolution is, small changes(adaptations) over huge time spans.
Tell me why your god was whooped by the iron chariot?
I don't see what your point is? The only cave dwellers were the peope who lived in the caucasus mountains in russia, that's where you get the name caucasian from. And that's in the bible, and is documented in history. And there's male and female period.

UK

#13637 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>That's it? You get a reasoned response, and you can't even respond to the points made?
You just can't face reality.
There was absolutely no waffling in that post. Keep those blinders on, you really can't afford to see the truth.
You may not know it, but you are a Cafeteria Christain.
I'm not a christian for the tenth time.

UK

#13638 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>Silly Fool! when you who have almost no education, decides to proclaim all who answer your questions as having no understanding, it takes but a mere glance back at the thread, to see that your astrocious spelling and your huge composistion errors, ahve not kept your posts from being understood, but there is nothing any of us can do to help you comphehend the answers to your questions.
oh no you put ahve instead of have lol no ones answered any of my questions about the bible or evolution, your just gena stick up for your cult because you can't answer any of my questions either.

Nehwon

#13639 Mar 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If so?
It would be the first time in all of human history, that a god guided a human in ANYthing.
I find it interesting that the Cardinals need to secret themselves to vote for a new Pope.

You'd think God would give them a sign through the Holy Spirit or an angelic appearance to guide them. And the vote would be unanimous open to the public.

Chalk another one up to "mysterious ways."

Or is being elected Pope actually a bad thing? All attention is on you now so you can't get away with the crap you did as a cardinal?

For example, you might know who is the CEO of Goldman Sach's or AIG or Microsoft or Enron, but do you know who is their directing manager doing a bunch of heinous stuff?

Nehwon

#13640 Mar 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to finish all the quota of your absence in a single day?
Leave something for tomorrow also.
I eagerly await your laborious efforts of cut and pasting.

UK

#13641 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>6000 years? That wouldn't be evolution, that would be freaking magic.
Evolution is small changes over huge spans of(millions and millions of years)time. All living things are still evolving, they change, and they will continue to change(evolve). Man was evolving before your myth-god was created.
I suggest that you return to school, I'd guess at the junior high level is where you need to start. You first need to know how evolution works, then with that bit of knowledge you might have a chance to convince us, that you are at least able to comprehend our responses. But right now for us, it is talking to a two year old. There is no way you can understand, you even beleive that our bodies are designed perfectly. LOL!
so you can't answer my questions then, show me where any part of our bodies aren't designed to work in the function that it was given to do? All you people do is chat poo, you can't answer the questions so you just come out with a stupid statement, show me evidence of evolution, and don't pull out an aboriginis skull , telling me they got bigger jaws, that's because they used there jaws as a tool in the wild . And the more you move a muscle or bone the bigger it gets, science tells you that lol

UK

#13642 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
<Raises hand>
Just how do you think I became an atheist?
And proving evolution? There is tons of evidence to support that Theory if only you'd look beyond the Bible or those who stand to make a quick profit from it.
Quite frankly, the Theory of Evolution is actually an argument in support of a omniscient God.
That we are a result of a millions or billions or trillions of years project is quite a testament to God's ability for project planning and technical expertise in mastering the details that is quite extraordinary.
you became an athiest because you got indoctrinated into a religion called science, show me that the earth has been here a billion years. And I don't agree with religion for the 20th time.

Nehwon

#13643 Mar 14, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>show me the scripture where christ said the law has gone away with. And I'm not talking about the sacrificial law, christ dying took away that law.
Tell me more.

Christ "fulfilled" the Laws, whatever that means. 10 Commandments no longer applies?

We no longer need to burn the animal sacrifices that smell so sweet to the Lord?

Christ's sacrifice fulfilled Original Sin?(yay! Babies who died before being baptized can go to heaven after all!)

Christ paid for our sins and thus giving us carte blanche to do whatever we want like an unlimited prepaid Visa sin card? As long as we declare Jesus is Lord?

It doesn't really matter what you say now, does it? There are a lot of Christians who will disagree with your Biblical interpretation.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13644 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US, that is inevitable and you see it unfolding now. Equal treatment under the law takes time to counter bigotry.
The arguments used in black/white marriage are trying to be used again in gay marriages today. Take a look at the Loving v. Virginia arguments before the court. They bear a striking similarity to the the gay marriage opposition.
Yes, yes it does.. and generations have to pass too, so that the old dogs who cannot learn new tricks, can die, and let the younger generations embrace the new equality.

And your comparison with the 1950/1960 civil rights movement is quite apt--

-- another excellent comparison is the women's suffrage movement. Prior to permitting women to vote, the men who were against women voting, all too often used the bible as "proof" that women were unfit for such lofty activities.

But times are moving forward. I sometimes wonder who the new scapegoat will be?

For make no mistake: most religion >>thrives<< on scapegoats-- it needs the hate to fuel the $$-coffers, which keeps it in power and luxury.

Nehwon

#13645 Mar 14, 2013
Jewish problem wrote:
<quoted text>Jews created atheism with French Revolution.
Jews want to destroy God,and they were using Communist in past.
Fact.
That's actually quite an impressive argument.

Let's see if I can top that for the non-sequitur crown.

Jesus was a Nazarene and a Jew.

But Jesus is a Hispanic name.

So therefore, the only Godly dance is a combination of the Hora and Salsa.

The combination of which is country line dancing.

Country line dancing best beat is with Soviet Union ballet performances with Swan Lake.

Jesus is Stalin.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13646 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming that female contraception is as simple as an OTC medication.
I will admit that I know just enough to be dangerous that contraception is not just a simple thing like that. One pill may work for most women, but for some, they need a different pill.
Consulting with a doctor and a prescription for the best course for any individual seems to be a better plan. This assumes that there are no barriers for seeking guidance or receiving the proper course.
Erecting those barriers looks to be a platform of a political party. The same one that cries "smaller government, more individual freedom because Jesus."
Female contraception is complex... today.

But tomorrow? As both understanding of the human body-chemistry improves, and the power of electronic computation increases?

One day it might be a simple as a woman walking into a suitable store, giving a vending machine a hair or skin sample (or mouth-swab, or even spitting on a sterile slip) and a properly mixed dose is dispensed right then and there, custom-tailored to her particular body chemistry of the moment.

A month later, the same woman, visiting the exact same machine might receive a slightly different pill-- the machine once again, calculating the exact thing she needs.

That imaginary scenario is not all that far-fetched: we could do it, even today, if we as a society, had the will to do so. Nothing really new needs to be invented or discovered to create such a machine as that.

----------

I see a future (presuming we don't knock ourselves back to the bronze-age, because of the coming scramble to move away from the rising coastlines) where most of the mundane medical procedures are done by machines, who take immediate samples of your body chemistry, and process a custom-tailored solution on the spot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13647 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've had some practice in being called on the carpet by an authority figure who has capricious judgement. Four years enlistment ordered to the Colonel's office. But that's better than getting called to the First Sergeant's office...
But there's a difference between your threat and the one I countered with. Mine actually happens while yours is what you imagine happens.
Don't forget to check under your bed and in the closet for monsters before you go to sleep, eh?
Indeed. With such a slate of imaginary monsters as he has, his nightmares are apt to be... most unpleasant.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13648 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange how the world still can go on when there's a period without a Pope.
But I expect nothing new with a new Pope. That bureaucracy has been entrenched for a long, long time.
Women bad.
Gays bad.
Contraception bad.(see Women).
non-Christians bad but claim to work with them until they are converted/blackmailed/conquere d.
Ignore Eastern Orthodox church.
Diddling alter boys bad (but still good in secret).
Tithing good.
Start another Crusade good but beyond their power now.
Excommunicating nations as a whole is a wishful reminiscence of the "Good Old Days".(Damn that Geneva Convention condition of mass reprisals!)
Meh. Let's really bring back the historical legacy of the Papal position - A government patronage job for sale to the highest bidder. We could have an E-bay auction for it...
.....yeah. But even an E-bay pope would likely still be a rich, old, WHITE...

... man.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13649 Mar 14, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see what your point is? The only cave dwellers were the peope who lived in the caucasus mountains in russia, that's where you get the name caucasian from. And that's in the bible, and is documented in history. And there's male and female period.
Hint: the bible is not a history book.. It's just a fictional story fabricated to control the sheeple.

Like...

... you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13650 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that the Cardinals need to secret themselves to vote for a new Pope.
You'd think God would give them a sign through the Holy Spirit or an angelic appearance to guide them. And the vote would be unanimous open to the public.
Chalk another one up to "mysterious ways."
Or is being elected Pope actually a bad thing? All attention is on you now so you can't get away with the crap you did as a cardinal?
For example, you might know who is the CEO of Goldman Sach's or AIG or Microsoft or Enron, but do you know who is their directing manager doing a bunch of heinous stuff?
You raise a very interesting point.

Being pope would mean an immediate halt to diddling little kids-- the pope has so much publicity, that it'd be too difficult to keep that one secret.

Nehwon

#13651 Mar 14, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you became an athiest because you got indoctrinated into a religion called science, show me that the earth has been here a billion years. And I don't agree with religion for the 20th time.
I see Morton's Demon has quite a hold on you. Instead of reading what I write, you inject your ideas what you've been told into my words.

Perhaps you could give me an example where the beliefs of your religion was wrong and they admitted as such.

The best example I can come up with is the Catholic church finally absolved Galileo's idea of a Heliocentric solar system from Geocentric one only a few hundred centuries later.

Tell me. Do you still think lightening rods on buildings are thwarting the wrath of God? Penicillin is the Devil's seduction to thwart the disease God inflicts? The computer you are typing on is a revelation from Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Eagle 12 227,527
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 1 hr Patrick 758
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 hr TheHeadlines 89
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr TheHeadlines 75
Stump a theist with 2 questions 2 hr TheHeadlines 58
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 2 hr TheHeadlines 4,093
Bill Maher's "dirty secret": He's deeply religi... 7 hr Thinking 5
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE