Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13380 Mar 12, 2013
Look, if English isn't your first language type your posts in your native language and we can use google translations to figure out what you are trying to say.

That would be best I think.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> lol i havent changed my username what are u talking about? sharks? evidence? you seem to just chat with no evidence?

Since: Mar 13

Sweden

#13381 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Look, if English isn't your first language type your posts in your native language and we can use google translations to figure out what you are trying to say.
That would be best I think.
<quoted text>
ok i see where you lot are going with this i could get deep on you but i dont want to hurt your feelings, after all that ive said you want to talk about spelling? you cant answer my questions and you cant produce any evidence of what your saying. you try to sound intelligent with words that youve googled and put them in a sentence which has no ground to stand on? you sound idiot. when are you going to answer my question? thought you know more about the bible than me? oh yh lol
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#13382 Mar 12, 2013
Au contraire.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>...i could get deep on you...
Lincoln

United States

#13383 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
At Starbucks just this morning I was discussing this with a believer who was humiliating himself to the waitress about the evils of evolution. So I asked him what was it about evolution that upset him so much.
He gave the usual rundown about how scientists today question certain facets of evolution, to which I responded that scientists question facets of all scientific theory it's how we progress. He continued on with the typical fundie talking points and I just smiled and shot them down one at a time and again asked him, you don't get upset over the theory of gravity do you? So what is it about evolution specifically that upsets you so much?
Finally he caved and admitted that if evolution is correct, god as he knows him can't exist. That the theory of evolution was trying to destroy faith in god.
I told him that evolution is merely observable fact. We see it in the fossil record as well as in genetic testing and that the evidence is only growing stronger by the day, but that doesn't show his god doesn't exist... The lack of any evidence whatsoever tells us the story on that lol!
The waitress thanked me for getting him off her back for a while as he is a regular who rambles on with her like Dave I guess.
<quoted text>
Most atheists have "Faith" that:

1. Intelligent Design is not being taught in public school

2. Organized Prayer is not being held in public school

Most public school teachers are Christian.:-)...as are all the Presidents of the US.

Supreme Court will crack down?

Six members of the Supreme Court are Roman Catholic.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#13384 Mar 12, 2013
Prove "most". I know little of your parochial issues.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Intelligent Design is not being taught in public school
2. Organized Prayer is not being held in public school
Most public school teachers are Christian.:-)...as are all the Presidents of the US.
Supreme Court will crack down?
Six members of the Supreme Court are Roman Catholic.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13385 Mar 12, 2013
Listen just post in your native language ok Jar-jar Binks?
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>ok i see where you lot are going with this i could get deep on you but i dont want to hurt your feelings, after all that ive said you want to talk about spelling? you cant answer my questions and you cant produce any evidence of what your saying. you try to sound intelligent with words that youve googled and put them in a sentence which has no ground to stand on? you sound idiot. when are you going to answer my question? thought you know more about the bible than me? oh yh lol
Lincoln

United States

#13386 Mar 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Prove "most". I know little of your parochial issues.
<quoted text>
Supreme Court has Roman Catholic members ?
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#13387 Mar 12, 2013
I've no opinion on that.

As most people live outside of America it shouldn't come as a surprise that most Atheists live outside of America so it is unlikely that most Atheists will be as you described in your previous post regarding faith.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Supreme Court has Roman Catholic members ?
Lincoln

United States

#13388 Mar 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I've no opinion on that.
As most people live outside of America it shouldn't come as a surprise that most Atheists live outside of America so it is unlikely that most Atheists will be as you described in your previous post regarding faith.
<quoted text>
"most Atheists live outside of America " not earthshaking news.

"Many American atheists living in America at the present time..."

is that better ?:-)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13389 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No, people (regardless of religious faith or lack of any) have 'reason to believe'(it). That is quite different from having religious faith which is unsubstantiated.

Religion = superstition

Lincoln calls himself a person of faith.(I assume he'll correct me if I'm mistaken)
rider

Gwinn, MI

#13390 Mar 12, 2013

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#13391 Mar 12, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> what evidence?? no one has shown me any evidence of evolution lol and shoutin out different animals isnt evidence lol
So,you are one of those guys that believe in creationalism ?
Evolution theory is the truth albeit it has some minor flaws.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#13392 Mar 12, 2013

Sweden

#13393 Mar 12, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
So,you are one of those guys that believe in creationalism ?
Evolution theory is the truth albeit it has some minor flaws.
how can you put theory and truth in the same sentence?
Lincoln

United States

#13394 Mar 12, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>No, people (regardless of religious faith or lack of any) have 'reason to believe'(it). That is quite different from having religious faith which is unsubstantiated.
Religion = superstition
Lincoln calls himself a person of faith.(I assume he'll correct me if I'm mistaken)
...some faith in logic and wonder at the mystery of life and the universe.
.... many of the interesting questions seem to have answers which are unsubstantiated ? bummer

Sweden

#13395 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Listen just post in your native language ok Jar-jar Binks?
<quoted text>
you just proved that you have nothing intelligent to say. bye
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#13396 Mar 12, 2013
Possibly. As that now excludes me, I can't judge.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"most Atheists live outside of America " not earthshaking news.
"Many American atheists living in America at the present time..."
is that better ?:-)
Lincoln

United States

#13397 Mar 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Possibly. As that now excludes me, I can't judge.
<quoted text>
Many atheists seem upset if Intelligent Design,a rather harmless Christian idea, is mentioned in Public Schools ?

(Public Schools are tax supported in the US, opposite in the UK?)

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#13398 Mar 12, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> how can you put theory and truth in the same sentence?
Evolution is both a theory and a fact!!!!!!!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#13399 Mar 12, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> how can you put theory and truth in the same sentence?
Oh goodie, another creatard who doesn't know science trying to debunk science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Big girl 48,409
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Cuddles7668 21,864
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr ChristineM 23,486
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 10 hr Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Nov 29 Richardfs 5
More from around the web