Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13359 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The reason you can't see it is because it is hidden in proper grammar.
<quoted text>
ok

Europe

#13360 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Please learn some basic science okay? I mean seriously.
We and monkeys today have common ancestors half wit.
<quoted text>
prove it and dont give me darwins (theroy) show me one bit of evidence today of evolution happening right now? im sure you wont answer you wil just look for a spelling mistake or sumet lol

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#13361 Mar 12, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I told you how your meant to read it? And you just said you read it whole chapter at a time or full book? You don't read it like that I told you that. You don't understand it your college you went to obviously didn't teach you right they made you hate the good book? Now are you goin to answer my question I asked you yesterday? Or you just gena tel me how gods evil because he wants his people to walk rightously? Oh yh p.s only a few will understand tells you that in scripture you are not apart of that few :)
English, do you know it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#13362 Mar 12, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>prove it and dont give me darwins (theroy) show me one bit of evidence today of evolution happening right now? im sure you wont answer you wil just look for a spelling mistake or sumet lol
So you are ignoring 100% of the evidence just because it opposes your non-answer.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13364 Mar 12, 2013
I remember you now. You babbled with this atrocious grammar and spelling before. You had some crazy name. I guess you were humiliated so badly you needed a mulligan on your screen name.

Sharks around Australia are currently in an aggressive state of evolution that is clearly observable.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>prove it and dont give me darwins (theroy) show me one bit of evidence today of evolution happening right now? im sure you wont answer you wil just look for a spelling mistake or sumet lol

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13365 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You will see that one lies about as much as Barfy.
<quoted text>
Like we don't know that any atheist they claim as friends are really just their ex-brother-in-laws who will not go to church with them even on Easter(better things to do) and plenty of drink to imbibe, but come even a little molehill in their lives and they are on their knees wailing with the rest of the fambly.
If these friends were truly atheist, their cars would be keyed, no end.
Lincoln

United States

#13366 Mar 12, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Like we don't know that any atheist they claim as friends are really just their ex-brother-in-laws who will not go to church with them even on Easter(better things to do) and plenty of drink to imbibe, but come even a little molehill in their lives and they are on their knees wailing with the rest of the fambly.
If these friends were truly atheist, their cars would be keyed, no end.
Quite intelligent people who do Not go to church but often turn out to be agnostics, as atheism takes a bit too much faith.
Doubt if either political party will suffer an atheist as a serious candidate for President of the US. Obama,Biden, Clinton all reject magic atheism.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#13367 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite intelligent people who do Not go to church but often turn out to be agnostics, as atheism takes a bit too much faith.
Doubt if either political party will suffer an atheist as a serious candidate for President of the US. Obama,Biden, Clinton all reject magic atheism.
Atheist and agnostic are not exclusive.
Lincoln

United States

#13368 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt is often found in thoughtful people.
Save us from those who are certain and knocking on the front door.:-)
Peace
DinoBone

Webster, NY

#13369 Mar 12, 2013

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13370 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh you changed your screen name! You were on here before babbling about never taking any vaccines and refused to answer if you would take prescription medicine. And evolution was described dozens of times to you before. There is a difference between ignorance when the person just doesn't know and your kind of ignorance which is refusing to accept.
Evolution scares you because you were brainwashed by your church into thinking it was trying to disprove god and so you have to fight it.
So you were soundly humiliated on that name and had to switch it in shame.
Sorry but if you were smarter you wouldn't have to do that.
<quoted text>
The best post I've read in many a long month. I love the way you choose the exact wording to convey a concept, True brilliance.

Scottsburg, IN

#13371 Mar 12, 2013
As has been explained to KJV there several times. Note he repeated his tired old appeal to authority logical fallacy. He's what you call a one trick pony like John.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#13372 Mar 12, 2013
DinoBone wrote:
http://www.powerfultruth.com/
Oh, you're just a spammer, you may as well be joking then.

Europe

#13373 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I remember you now. You babbled with this atrocious grammar and spelling before. You had some crazy name. I guess you were humiliated so badly you needed a mulligan on your screen name.
Sharks around Australia are currently in an aggressive state of evolution that is clearly observable.
<quoted text>
lol i havent changed my username what are u talking about? sharks? evidence? you seem to just chat with no evidence?

Europe

#13374 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are ignoring 100% of the evidence just because it opposes your non-answer.
what evidence?? no one has shown me any evidence of evolution lol and shoutin out different animals isnt evidence lol

Scottsburg, IN

#13375 Mar 12, 2013
At Starbucks just this morning I was discussing this with a believer who was humiliating himself to the waitress about the evils of evolution. So I asked him what was it about evolution that upset him so much.

He gave the usual rundown about how scientists today question certain facets of evolution, to which I responded that scientists question facets of all scientific theory it's how we progress. He continued on with the typical fundie talking points and I just smiled and shot them down one at a time and again asked him, you don't get upset over the theory of gravity do you? So what is it about evolution specifically that upsets you so much?

Finally he caved and admitted that if evolution is correct, god as he knows him can't exist. That the theory of evolution was trying to destroy faith in god.

I told him that evolution is merely observable fact. We see it in the fossil record as well as in genetic testing and that the evidence is only growing stronger by the day, but that doesn't show his god doesn't exist... The lack of any evidence whatsoever tells us the story on that lol!

The waitress thanked me for getting him off her back for a while as he is a regular who rambles on with her like Dave I guess.
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>The best post I've read in many a long month. I love the way you choose the exact wording to convey a concept, True brilliance.

Europe

#13376 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
English, do you know it?
after all i said you want to point out my spelling lol

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#13377 Mar 12, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> what evidence?? no one has shown me any evidence of evolution lol and shoutin out different animals isnt evidence lol
Yep, you just ignore 100% of the evidence.

talkorigins.org is a good place for a lot of it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#13378 Mar 12, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>after all i said you want to point out my spelling lol
What's the point of saying something if no one can read it? Spelling is just part of your problem, you also lack grammar.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#13379 Mar 12, 2013
Why would you expect Evolution to laugh out loud?

You're silly.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> what evidence?? no one has shown me any evidence of evolution lol and shoutin out different animals isnt evidence lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr IB DaMann 5,722
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr IB DaMann 94
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 3 hr Suspicious Packag... 2
What are the best arguments against religion? 3 hr Richardfs 8
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Brian_G 23,592
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 hr scientia potentia... 48,864
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 hr Mintz4004 21,889
More from around the web