Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
12,601 - 12,620 of 21,412 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I would typically read it either a whole chapter at a time, or a whole book at a time.
I have studied the bible under college-level courses, several times through-- back when I was still more or less a believer.
I took those courses in order to strengthen my faith in god-- it had the exact opposite effect; the more I learned about the whole bible, the more I realized that the bible cannot possibly be of divine origin.
There is simply too much evil in it-- and the god it describes is nothing short of an egomaniac/monster.
Who apparently, requires DEATH before it can muster up sufficient moxy to forgive someone....
...wait, WHAT?
What sort of deity requires a MURDER in order to forgive?
A monstrous one, that's what.
Think about this: I, a lowly mortal human can easily forgive WITHOUT SOMEONE DYING.
But your god? Your bible-god CANNOT DO THAT!
Making ME superior at forgiving than the bible's god!
Wow....
.... that's a failure of epic proportions here.
You might read
"Life of Pi"
You seem strong in your posts as if you are trying to convince yourself?

Since: Mar 13

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you're going to continue to dodge your first statement.
Got it.
Carry on, troll.
ok lol what have I dodged I'm stil answerin you? And you stil haven't answered my question? Just face it younever read the bible you just heard what you been told.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ultra I have and upon actually reading it front to back made me an atheist.
<quoted text>
you don't read it like that did you not read what I put?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Common ancestor.
<quoted text>
no lol that's a lie. Why is there stil monkeys today?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh you changed your screen name! You were on here before babbling about never taking any vaccines and refused to answer if you would take prescription medicine. And evolution was described dozens of times to you before. There is a difference between ignorance when the person just doesn't know and your kind of ignorance which is refusing to accept.
Evolution scares you because you were brainwashed by your church into thinking it was trying to disprove god and so you have to fight it.
So you were soundly humiliated on that name and had to switch it in shame.
Sorry but if you were smarter you wouldn't have to do that.z
<quoted text>
I haven't changed my screen name I don't follow religion its pagan I said that all ready I've been to church once that's once when I was bout 12 never been again. I'm not scared of evolution at all your scared of god. I'm looking where I was humilliated? Can't see it?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I would typically read it either a whole chapter at a time, or a whole book at a time.
I have studied the bible under college-level courses, several times through-- back when I was still more or less a believer.
I took those courses in order to strengthen my faith in god-- it had the exact opposite effect; the more I learned about the whole bible, the more I realized that the bible cannot possibly be of divine origin.
There is simply too much evil in it-- and the god it describes is nothing short of an egomaniac/monster.
Who apparently, requires DEATH before it can muster up sufficient moxy to forgive someone....
...wait, WHAT?
What sort of deity requires a MURDER in order to forgive?
A monstrous one, that's what.
Think about this: I, a lowly mortal human can easily forgive WITHOUT SOMEONE DYING.
But your god? Your bible-god CANNOT DO THAT!
Making ME superior at forgiving than the bible's god!
Wow....
.... that's a failure of epic proportions here.
I told you how your meant to read it? And you just said you read it whole chapter at a time or full book? You don't read it like that I told you that. You don't understand it your college you went to obviously didn't teach you right they made you hate the good book? Now are you goin to answer my question I asked you yesterday? Or you just gena tel me how gods evil because he wants his people to walk rightously? Oh yh p.s only a few will understand tells you that in scripture you are not apart of that few :)

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Maybe you should-- you seem rather inept at understanding what the bible is all about, here.
I'm just saying:
You totally missed the REAL message of Eden, for example.
The REAL message is this: ignorance is to be cherished, knowledge is to be avoided at all costs.
Because WHAT was Adam punished for? For KNOWING.
Prior to KNOWING, he was pretty much an innocent and as ignorant as a baby.
After eating of KNOWLEDGE, he was then forbidden to be in the presenses of your ANTI-KNOWLEDGE god.
It appears your god cannot sand the competition....
... likely because Adam was better at forgiving than the bible's god...
you don't understand that one bit? Why would I listen to a athiest who dosent know how to read the bible can't answer a simple question about the begining of the book and hates the creator? Come on and he wasn't ignorant like a baby at all. Suppose you think it took 6 days to create right?

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Any possible way you could repeat that in English? Seriously your grammar is so atrocious it's almost painful to translate.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't read it like that did you not read what I put?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Please learn some basic science okay? I mean seriously.

We and monkeys today have common ancestors half wit.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>no lol that's a lie. Why is there stil monkeys today?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

The reason you can't see it is because it is hidden in proper grammar.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't changed my screen name I don't follow religion its pagan I said that all ready I've been to church once that's once when I was bout 12 never been again. I'm not scared of evolution at all your scared of god. I'm looking where I was humilliated? Can't see it?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Any possible way you could repeat that in English? Seriously your grammar is so atrocious it's almost painful to translate.
<quoted text>
lol you have nothing to say now do you

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
The reason you can't see it is because it is hidden in proper grammar.
<quoted text>
ok

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Please learn some basic science okay? I mean seriously.
We and monkeys today have common ancestors half wit.
<quoted text>
prove it and dont give me darwins (theroy) show me one bit of evidence today of evolution happening right now? im sure you wont answer you wil just look for a spelling mistake or sumet lol

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>I told you how your meant to read it? And you just said you read it whole chapter at a time or full book? You don't read it like that I told you that. You don't understand it your college you went to obviously didn't teach you right they made you hate the good book? Now are you goin to answer my question I asked you yesterday? Or you just gena tel me how gods evil because he wants his people to walk rightously? Oh yh p.s only a few will understand tells you that in scripture you are not apart of that few :)
English, do you know it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>prove it and dont give me darwins (theroy) show me one bit of evidence today of evolution happening right now? im sure you wont answer you wil just look for a spelling mistake or sumet lol
So you are ignoring 100% of the evidence just because it opposes your non-answer.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I remember you now. You babbled with this atrocious grammar and spelling before. You had some crazy name. I guess you were humiliated so badly you needed a mulligan on your screen name.

Sharks around Australia are currently in an aggressive state of evolution that is clearly observable.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>prove it and dont give me darwins (theroy) show me one bit of evidence today of evolution happening right now? im sure you wont answer you wil just look for a spelling mistake or sumet lol

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You will see that one lies about as much as Barfy.
<quoted text>
Like we don't know that any atheist they claim as friends are really just their ex-brother-in-laws who will not go to church with them even on Easter(better things to do) and plenty of drink to imbibe, but come even a little molehill in their lives and they are on their knees wailing with the rest of the fambly.
If these friends were truly atheist, their cars would be keyed, no end.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Like we don't know that any atheist they claim as friends are really just their ex-brother-in-laws who will not go to church with them even on Easter(better things to do) and plenty of drink to imbibe, but come even a little molehill in their lives and they are on their knees wailing with the rest of the fambly.
If these friends were truly atheist, their cars would be keyed, no end.
Quite intelligent people who do Not go to church but often turn out to be agnostics, as atheism takes a bit too much faith.
Doubt if either political party will suffer an atheist as a serious candidate for President of the US. Obama,Biden, Clinton all reject magic atheism.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite intelligent people who do Not go to church but often turn out to be agnostics, as atheism takes a bit too much faith.
Doubt if either political party will suffer an atheist as a serious candidate for President of the US. Obama,Biden, Clinton all reject magic atheism.
Atheist and agnostic are not exclusive.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist and agnostic are not exclusive.
Doubt is often found in thoughtful people.
Save us from those who are certain and knocking on the front door.:-)
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••