Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13328 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Do I need to use your magic decoder ring?
LOL!
Either your BuyBull is readable by anyone, simply by going from left to right, one word at at time?
Or your bible is 100% bunk.
Which is it?
(hint: it could be both....)
<laughing out loud, here>
you still haven't answered my question? Here i will answer one for you. You read the bible precept upon precept line upon line here a little and there a litltle. You don't read it like a novel to get understanding. You get the history reading it like a book. You would know that if you have read it.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13329 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL!
Since Genesis is 100% fiction? It could mean literally anything you like it to mean.
LOL!
Do you have your magic decoder ring on, so you can magically get the "real" meaning?
ROTFLMAO
no I don't use a decoder ring lol

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#13330 Mar 11, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
But now in the nuclear age the capitalist era have the "chance" to eradicate the human race and they are on its way to do it!
You are a defeatist, no, it's not the same as a pessimist. You seem to believe that humans are inherently evil, inherently destructive ....

... well we are not, not anymore than any other species. When educated, the human becomes the strongest force for positive change, the species more capable of advancing, progressing, and improving. That's the reason we are where we are now, that's the reason we have the capability to "destroy the planet," so to speak. Today, this is the most peaceful time in the world as a whole, the fewest wars in all known history, the lowest crimes rates in countries that have historically had high ones, like the US for example. We are doing what we, as a species, do best, we are learning.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13331 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what are u talking about? yoi dont understand i wil ask you the same question as that other person. when god created the light what is it referring to? answer that and mabye we can talk more?
In other words, you're going to continue to dodge your first statement.

Got it.

Carry on, troll.
Lincoln

United States

#13332 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, yes-- I realize you are both wrong, and that you have zero understanding.
So?
Keep posting the same moronic post each day.
By posting the same thing each day,
you win more converts.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13333 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
You've revealed your hatred of all non-believers with your very first sentence.
Nothing new, here.
IF the cap fits - WEAR IT!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#13334 Mar 11, 2013
Ultra I have and upon actually reading it front to back made me an atheist.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you never read the bible.

Lexington, KY

#13335 Mar 11, 2013
Common ancestor.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>mabye monkeys and man just have the same common creator?

Lexington, KY

#13336 Mar 11, 2013
Oh you changed your screen name! You were on here before babbling about never taking any vaccines and refused to answer if you would take prescription medicine. And evolution was described dozens of times to you before. There is a difference between ignorance when the person just doesn't know and your kind of ignorance which is refusing to accept.

Evolution scares you because you were brainwashed by your church into thinking it was trying to disprove god and so you have to fight it.

So you were soundly humiliated on that name and had to switch it in shame.

Sorry but if you were smarter you wouldn't have to do that.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>ive never had a flu or cold vaccanation and havent had flu and a cold i aint had for about 3 years. and i asked for evidence that isnt. fossils? realy get real that isnt evidence even your scientists say that.
Lincoln

United States

#13337 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your posts and that of the other guy has soured many on atheism.

Too bitter

Too filled with hatred

To certain of yourselves with no logical basis :-)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#13339 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> dinosaurs are in the bible this is what im saying about athiest they wana argue about something they dont know? and im being abusive because i dont agree with you come on chap. creation is all around you you cant get something out of nothing it takes something to create something, what was a kangaroo before it was a kangaroo?
Kangaroo before it became Kangaroo was a Cow!!

Lexington, KY

#13340 Mar 11, 2013
Read a science book so you can stop humiliating yourself. Or is that not allowed?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13341 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you still haven't answered my question? Here i will answer one for you. You read the bible precept upon precept line upon line here a little and there a litltle. You don't read it like a novel to get understanding. You get the history reading it like a book. You would know that if you have read it.
I would typically read it either a whole chapter at a time, or a whole book at a time.

I have studied the bible under college-level courses, several times through-- back when I was still more or less a believer.

I took those courses in order to strengthen my faith in god-- it had the exact opposite effect; the more I learned about the whole bible, the more I realized that the bible cannot possibly be of divine origin.

There is simply too much evil in it-- and the god it describes is nothing short of an egomaniac/monster.

Who apparently, requires DEATH before it can muster up sufficient moxy to forgive someone....

...wait, WHAT?

What sort of deity requires a MURDER in order to forgive?

A monstrous one, that's what.

Think about this: I, a lowly mortal human can easily forgive WITHOUT SOMEONE DYING.

But your god? Your bible-god CANNOT DO THAT!

Making ME superior at forgiving than the bible's god!

Wow....

.... that's a failure of epic proportions here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13342 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> no I don't use a decoder ring lol
Maybe you should-- you seem rather inept at understanding what the bible is all about, here.

I'm just saying:

You totally missed the REAL message of Eden, for example.

The REAL message is this: ignorance is to be cherished, knowledge is to be avoided at all costs.

Because WHAT was Adam punished for? For KNOWING.

Prior to KNOWING, he was pretty much an innocent and as ignorant as a baby.

After eating of KNOWLEDGE, he was then forbidden to be in the presenses of your ANTI-KNOWLEDGE god.

It appears your god cannot sand the competition....

... likely because Adam was better at forgiving than the bible's god...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13343 Mar 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a defeatist, no, it's not the same as a pessimist. You seem to believe that humans are inherently evil, inherently destructive ....
... well we are not, not anymore than any other species. When educated, the human becomes the strongest force for positive change, the species more capable of advancing, progressing, and improving. That's the reason we are where we are now, that's the reason we have the capability to "destroy the planet," so to speak. Today, this is the most peaceful time in the world as a whole, the fewest wars in all known history, the lowest crimes rates in countries that have historically had high ones, like the US for example. We are doing what we, as a species, do best, we are learning.
I agree with you here. Good post.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13344 Mar 11, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>IF the cap fits - WEAR IT!
Indeed-- you do hate me and anyone who is an unbeliever.

What else?

You belong to a hate-cult, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13345 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13346 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.

Not even a little bit close.

A kangaroo is NOT a placental mammal-- a cow is.

These two branches of mammals split many millions of years back along the timeline.

By the time cows came along, kangaroos were well established as well.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13347 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Read a science book so you can stop humiliating yourself. Or is that not allowed?
<quoted text>
It's not allowed; like christianity, actual knowledge of the world is severely punished in islam.

This explains why members of each group are so ignorant and superstitions.
Lincoln

United States

#13348 Mar 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I would typically read it either a whole chapter at a time, or a whole book at a time.
I have studied the bible under college-level courses, several times through-- back when I was still more or less a believer.
I took those courses in order to strengthen my faith in god-- it had the exact opposite effect; the more I learned about the whole bible, the more I realized that the bible cannot possibly be of divine origin.
There is simply too much evil in it-- and the god it describes is nothing short of an egomaniac/monster.
Who apparently, requires DEATH before it can muster up sufficient moxy to forgive someone....
...wait, WHAT?
What sort of deity requires a MURDER in order to forgive?
A monstrous one, that's what.
Think about this: I, a lowly mortal human can easily forgive WITHOUT SOMEONE DYING.
But your god? Your bible-god CANNOT DO THAT!
Making ME superior at forgiving than the bible's god!
Wow....
.... that's a failure of epic proportions here.
You might read
"Life of Pi"
You seem strong in your posts as if you are trying to convince yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min Uncle Sam 244,997
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Gary Coaldigger 20,638
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 min Ooogah Boogah 14,667
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Shizle 10,958
John 3:16 5 hr thetruth 83
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
More from around the web