Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13318 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The common cold virus.
If evolution was NOT real? Then once in a lifetime, a single vaccination is all you'd ever need.
The fact that you need one annually? Proves the viruses are evolving.
Another proof: fossil.
I realize that a fossil is 100% over your soft little head, here? But fossils prove beyond a doubt that evolution is fact.
Evolution is fact-- it happened. The only theory part, is how it happened.
And even that, had more factual support than the theory of gravity does.
Here: Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
ive never had a flu or cold vaccanation and havent had flu and a cold i aint had for about 3 years. and i asked for evidence that isnt. fossils? realy get real that isnt evidence even your scientists say that.

Europe

#13319 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. That is a flat lie, and easily proven to be false.
Sorry, but not even close.
prove it

Europe

#13320 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know about YOU? But I read it one word after the next, just like you'd do with anything written in English.
I suppose YOU read the words backwards or something?
Perhaps you use your magic decoder ring?
LMAO!
you obviously havent or you would know what im talking about

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13321 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you dont understand genesis then?
I understand it perfectly.

However, it has nothing to do with your statement to which I originally responded.

Europe

#13322 Mar 11, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it perfectly.
However, it has nothing to do with your statement to which I originally responded.
what are u talking about? yoi dont understand i wil ask you the same question as that other person. when god created the light what is it referring to? answer that and mabye we can talk more?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13323 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you dont one question when the most high created the light what is it referring to? lets see if you understand.
LOL!

Since Genesis is 100% fiction? It could mean literally anything you like it to mean.

LOL!

Do you have your magic decoder ring on, so you can magically get the "real" meaning?

ROTFLMAO

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13324 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>ive never had a flu or cold vaccanation and havent had flu and a cold i aint had for about 3 years. and i asked for evidence that isnt. fossils? realy get real that isnt evidence even your scientists say that.
Click the link.

Here, I'll re-post it since you obviously did not click it the first time.

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13325 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>prove it
Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13326 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you obviously havent or you would know what im talking about
What? Do I need to use your magic decoder ring?

LOL!

Either your BuyBull is readable by anyone, simply by going from left to right, one word at at time?

Or your bible is 100% bunk.

Which is it?

(hint: it could be both....)

<laughing out loud, here>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13327 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what are u talking about? yoi dont understand i wil ask you the same question as that other person. when god created the light what is it referring to? answer that and mabye we can talk more?
LOL!

If you have to use MAGIC to "decode" what the buybull is saying?

The buybull is fiction.

Period.

No way around that conundrum.

UK

#13328 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
What? Do I need to use your magic decoder ring?
LOL!
Either your BuyBull is readable by anyone, simply by going from left to right, one word at at time?
Or your bible is 100% bunk.
Which is it?
(hint: it could be both....)
<laughing out loud, here>
you still haven't answered my question? Here i will answer one for you. You read the bible precept upon precept line upon line here a little and there a litltle. You don't read it like a novel to get understanding. You get the history reading it like a book. You would know that if you have read it.

UK

#13329 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL!
Since Genesis is 100% fiction? It could mean literally anything you like it to mean.
LOL!
Do you have your magic decoder ring on, so you can magically get the "real" meaning?
ROTFLMAO
no I don't use a decoder ring lol

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#13330 Mar 11, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
But now in the nuclear age the capitalist era have the "chance" to eradicate the human race and they are on its way to do it!
You are a defeatist, no, it's not the same as a pessimist. You seem to believe that humans are inherently evil, inherently destructive ....

... well we are not, not anymore than any other species. When educated, the human becomes the strongest force for positive change, the species more capable of advancing, progressing, and improving. That's the reason we are where we are now, that's the reason we have the capability to "destroy the planet," so to speak. Today, this is the most peaceful time in the world as a whole, the fewest wars in all known history, the lowest crimes rates in countries that have historically had high ones, like the US for example. We are doing what we, as a species, do best, we are learning.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13331 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what are u talking about? yoi dont understand i wil ask you the same question as that other person. when god created the light what is it referring to? answer that and mabye we can talk more?
In other words, you're going to continue to dodge your first statement.

Got it.

Carry on, troll.
Lincoln

United States

#13332 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, yes-- I realize you are both wrong, and that you have zero understanding.
So?
Keep posting the same moronic post each day.
By posting the same thing each day,
you win more converts.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13333 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
You've revealed your hatred of all non-believers with your very first sentence.
Nothing new, here.
IF the cap fits - WEAR IT!

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#13334 Mar 11, 2013
Ultra I have and upon actually reading it front to back made me an atheist.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you never read the bible.

Scottsburg, IN

#13335 Mar 11, 2013
Common ancestor.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>mabye monkeys and man just have the same common creator?

Scottsburg, IN

#13336 Mar 11, 2013
Oh you changed your screen name! You were on here before babbling about never taking any vaccines and refused to answer if you would take prescription medicine. And evolution was described dozens of times to you before. There is a difference between ignorance when the person just doesn't know and your kind of ignorance which is refusing to accept.

Evolution scares you because you were brainwashed by your church into thinking it was trying to disprove god and so you have to fight it.

So you were soundly humiliated on that name and had to switch it in shame.

Sorry but if you were smarter you wouldn't have to do that.
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>ive never had a flu or cold vaccanation and havent had flu and a cold i aint had for about 3 years. and i asked for evidence that isnt. fossils? realy get real that isnt evidence even your scientists say that.
Lincoln

United States

#13337 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ultra I have and upon actually reading it front to back made me an atheist.
<quoted text>
Reading your posts and that of the other guy has soured many on atheism.

Too bitter

Too filled with hatred

To certain of yourselves with no logical basis :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min replaytime 45,529
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 48 min ChristineM 546
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 257,127
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 20,246
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 5 hr Paul WV-Uncle Sam 306
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr Eagle 12 21,393
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 10,334
More from around the web