Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24099 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13298 Mar 11, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
There
Their
They're
Your
You're
Learn the difference!
BTW... your post is just plain ridiculous.
Indeed-- ridiculous can easily describe the majority of the pro-god crowd's writings.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13299 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>im not christian i dont follow religion.
Sure, sure-- but you ARE a god-robot.

It hardly matters which fictional god you worship, now does it?

It's still the same basic delusion.

Only a godbot would reject the scientific idea of evolution.

Silly.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13300 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you never read the bible.
BUSTED!

Your worship of the bible, pins you firmly as a Genuine Christian™.

LMAO!

As for reading the bible?

How on EARTH do you think I became an atheist?

Hmmmm?

It was from reading the WHOLE bible, not just the pretty bits.

The WHOLE bible is a very ugly book-- and paints a very ugly picture of a monster. And of a terrorist too: the god of the bible is both.

Only a terrorist would use torture to get and keep followers.

That ugly hell theology the bible is so fond of-- it's an ugly, ugly idea, who's time is long past.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13301 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> read genesis the answers there :)
I have. Genesis is an ugly story of parental neglect.

The monster-god of Genesis is EXACTLY like a neglectful parent who DELIBERATELY creates a child playground and then hires a KNOWN PEDOPHILE to watch over the children.

Ugg.

The Eden story is one of willful destruction, on the part of it's ugly god.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13302 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text> read genesis the answers there :)
Do you know the REAL lesson of Genesis?

It's this: knowledge is FORBIDDEN.

Ignorance is bliss, and to be ignorant and stupid, is the ONLY safe way to follow the bible-god.

I see you are an apt student, too.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13303 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>i am a beliver just how u belive in you came from a monkey :)
I did not come from a money-- I came from my very human parents, who had unprotected sex; 9 months later? They had me.

But monkeys ARE my cousin; humans and monkeys are mammals after all-- closely related.

But then again? You share roughly 15% or so of your DNA with lettuce.

In your case? Perhaps a bit more...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13304 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>obviously you never read the bible either :)
Lie.

I have read the WHOLE bible, 100's of times through.

How on EARTH do you think I became an atheist?

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13305 Mar 11, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I've read Genesis.
Your deflection is answer enough to my statement.
you dont understand genesis then?

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13306 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure-- but you ARE a god-robot.
It hardly matters which fictional god you worship, now does it?
It's still the same basic delusion.
Only a godbot would reject the scientific idea of evolution.
Silly.
ok lol show me evidence of evolution today.

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13307 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
BUSTED!
Your worship of the bible, pins you firmly as a Genuine Christian™.
LMAO!
As for reading the bible?
How on EARTH do you think I became an atheist?
Hmmmm?
It was from reading the WHOLE bible, not just the pretty bits.
The WHOLE bible is a very ugly book-- and paints a very ugly picture of a monster. And of a terrorist too: the god of the bible is both.
Only a terrorist would use torture to get and keep followers.
That ugly hell theology the bible is so fond of-- it's an ugly, ugly idea, who's time is long past.
what part you reading?

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13308 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not come from a money-- I came from my very human parents, who had unprotected sex; 9 months later? They had me.
But monkeys ARE my cousin; humans and monkeys are mammals after all-- closely related.
But then again? You share roughly 15% or so of your DNA with lettuce.
In your case? Perhaps a bit more...
mabye monkeys and man just have the same common creator?

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13309 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the REAL lesson of Genesis?
It's this: knowledge is FORBIDDEN.
Ignorance is bliss, and to be ignorant and stupid, is the ONLY safe way to follow the bible-god.
I see you are an apt student, too.
wrong no understanding.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13310 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>you dont understand genesis then?
I understand it better than you.

Obviously.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13311 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>what part you reading?
All of it.

The bible is an evil book, the god it describes is just an egomaniac, and uses torture to get and keep followers.

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13312 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie.
I have read the WHOLE bible, 100's of times through.
How on EARTH do you think I became an atheist?
ok how are you meant to read the bible then?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13313 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>ok lol show me evidence of evolution today.
The common cold virus.

If evolution was NOT real? Then once in a lifetime, a single vaccination is all you'd ever need.

The fact that you need one annually? Proves the viruses are evolving.

Another proof: fossil.

I realize that a fossil is 100% over your soft little head, here? But fossils prove beyond a doubt that evolution is fact.

Evolution is fact-- it happened. The only theory part, is how it happened.

And even that, had more factual support than the theory of gravity does.

Here: Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13314 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>ok how are you meant to read the bible then?
I don't know about YOU? But I read it one word after the next, just like you'd do with anything written in English.

I suppose YOU read the words backwards or something?

Perhaps you use your magic decoder ring?

LMAO!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13315 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>mabye monkeys and man just have the same common creator?
Nope. That is a flat lie, and easily proven to be false.

Sorry, but not even close.

Since: Mar 13

Europe

#13316 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it better than you.
Obviously.
you dont one question when the most high created the light what is it referring to? lets see if you understand.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13317 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
<quoted text>wrong no understanding.
Yes, yes-- I realize you are both wrong, and that you have zero understanding.

So?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Into The Night 43,110
A Universe from Nothing? 15 min Thinking 440
Good arguments against Christianity 36 min IB DaMann 164
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Into The Night 747
News Why I quit atheism 1 hr IB DaMann 693
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr karl44 18,471
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr IB DaMann 5,676
More from around the web