Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#12979 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Concepts explained by humans to other humans, concepts based on fact as understood by the physical senses.
Millions of gods?
Doubtful, different languages and cultures can have different names for the same God - the only God.
Jehovah, Yahweh, YHVH, Adonai YHVH, Allah and Holy Father are all names of the ONE GOD.
Um, what about Nut, Ra, Bast, Anpu, Geb, Set, and Ptah? That's not even half of that pantheon.

Then there's Zeus, Athena, Apollo ... and I can't remember many of those ones at all.

I'm not even going to try to spell the Aztec or Incan gods.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#12980 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked for a definition of leprechauns to ensure that we are referring to the same entities.
So you cant later on redefine leprechauns and start your 'wheres the evidence' mantra
It doesn't matter what the definition is, that's what you don't get. You need evidence that leprechauns don't exist or denying them is the same as denying your god.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12981 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Amongst the pagan 'gods' there has always been a chief god, it must be the chief or senior god for some reason.
Because people like thinking of someone being in charge?

Regardless, your statement was wrong. The most prominent god is often NOT the creator god (for example, Zeus, Marduk, or Odin) and there often is not a singular creator god, but multiple creators (Gaia/Aether/Uranus, Tiamat/Abzu) or abstract starts (Ymir born from ice/poison).

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12982 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Concepts explained by humans to other humans, concepts based on fact as understood by the physical senses.
Millions of gods?
Doubtful, different languages and cultures can have different names for the same God - the only God.
Jehovah, Yahweh, YHVH, Adonai YHVH, Allah and Holy Father are all names of the ONE GOD.
Millions is an exaggeration, but there are clearly many, many distinct gods.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#12983 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what the definition is, that's what you don't get. You need evidence that leprechauns don't exist or denying them is the same as denying your god.
1st sentence - Frankfurt school marxism aka make the definition to define the result.
2nd sentence - let me rewrite this for you as an answer.....
You need evidence that God doesn't exist or denying him is the same as denying your atheism.

How can you base your denial of God on something when you have no evidence of his non existance?

Touche
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#12984 Feb 25, 2013
I am so happy each year another church or two close in my area. By time my grand kids are my age I hope for most part religion is dead....Religion and god figures are mankinds worst invention.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12985 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
1st sentence - Frankfurt school marxism aka make the definition to define the result.
You need evidence that God doesn't exist or denying him is the same as denying your atheism.
How can you base your denial of God on something when you have no evidence of his non existance?
Touche
Prove that Leprechauns don't exist or state definitively that you believe in Leprechauns.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#12986 Feb 25, 2013
Siro.....I know for fact space aliens are real and have been to earth.........

PROVE ME WRONG..........LOL...

When you make a claim the burden of proof is on you....Not on others to prove you wrong.....

Grow up it is 2013...for two thousand years your religion ahs ruled this world in tyranny....TIME TO PROVE YOUR GOD IS REAL OR TO SHUT UP......
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#12987 Feb 25, 2013
By the way I dont know if space aliens are real or not......just making a point.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#12988 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche
Epic fail... but, judging by your posts, that is all that you are good at
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#12989 Feb 25, 2013
Prove "always".
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always a first among equals (if you are referring to pagan 'gods')
What do you think it should be?
A f*cking rehab clinc where everyone is equal because theyre 'all victims'?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12990 Feb 25, 2013
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#12991 Feb 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You see a creator and you don't care who made the creator.
A reasonable person would say "I don't know who created the creator but it must have been created by someone".
No the Creation process stops at the Creator,(as at zero the numbering system stops, at absolute zero, all movement stops).

So the question who created the Creator becomes a logical absurdity.

Those with "puny" little minds like yours, gloat at what wonderful questions they have asked.

But in reality it is the most stupid question that one can ask.

That is why I said that these atheist are the most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of this earth.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12992 Feb 25, 2013
EdSed wrote:
http://www.atheismuk.com/2013/ 02/25/atheism/britains-10-wors t-violations-of-religious-equa lity/
(Courtesy AtheismUK)
Interesting.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#12993 Feb 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No the Creation process stops at the Creator,(as at zero the numbering system stops, at absolute zero, all movement stops).
Those with "puny" little minds like yours, gloat at what wonderful questions they have asked.
That is why I said that these atheist are the most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of this earth.
That is what a "dumb" person will say.

I see a "car" that exist, why should I care who made it?
I will use it and say "No one created it".

A "reasonable" person would say "I do not know who created it, but it must have been created by some one". I would like to meet the Creator.

You choose, you are dumb or reasonable?

It is your choice, not mine!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#12994 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche
You dodged the request again with gibberish.

Prove leprechauns are not real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12996 Feb 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodged the request again with gibberish.
Prove leprechauns are not real.
He so excels at gibberish-- I think he has a "degree" in it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12997 Feb 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You STILL haven't explained why your Moohumud was a pedophile & an illiterate fool.

Why?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#12998 Feb 26, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what a "dumb" person will say.
I see a "car" that exist, why should I care who made it?
I will use it and say "No one created it".
A "reasonable" person would say "I do not know who created it, but it must have been created by some one". I would like to meet the Creator.
You choose, you are dumb or reasonable?
It is your choice, not mine!!
As I told you, you go and see mental doctor and tell him "I do not find any difference between God and Liprecans"

and I do not care if cars are made by some one or they just drop out of sky.

He will find a cure for you, and would direct to the proper padded cell.

You might be OK after a day or so, this is usually as a result of taking too much beer or other hard drinks. Go easy, will you?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#12999 Feb 26, 2013
Humanity created your Allah. Specifically warrior Arabs who use him as a unifier for their blood rampages.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min woodtick57 853
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Morse 231,813
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Morse 1,420
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 8 hr Morse 14,434
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' (May '14) 9 hr Morse 99
Siro is writing a new book 10 hr thetruth 3
Evidence for God! 11 hr thetruth 182

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE