Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 603)

Showing posts 12,041 - 12,060 of20,784
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Thinking wrote:
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
<quoted text>
Why should I be "hurt"? Iam rather amused, thats all!
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it an islamic "commissar"??
No its a dropkick called Skeptic, a God hating marxist
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yeah I know Karl Marx is recent so people remember his name.
After a couple of centuries, you have to search him in old books
So many "Karl Marx s" have come and perished in past 3000 years.
Yet Moses, jesus and Prophet Mohammad are honored by Billions and Millions of people after all these centuries.
I know how you are "hurt" by the permanent nature of their position.
You can pass your "subjective comments" and they have little value, neither here nor there.
Millions or billions are forced to have little or no education. The more they get educated, the little are they honoring such Moses, jesus or mohammed. They go over to science and Karl Marx is a modern man!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Any religions are poison!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
We did not magically appear in time and space by accident. We have a divine source. We are spiritual beings expressing as humans. We are not born blank slates, we bring a history with us.
People are natural beings no more no less!
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Well, that's Germans for you.

Recycled any people lately?
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable, your socalled queen is appearantly a vice god on earth? Get rid of this stone age rest! All religions are hostile to mankind!
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Henry, let your kids out of your dungeon and then pay more attention to who is posting to who. You're coming over a bit Alzheimers.
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I be "hurt"? Iam rather amused, thats all!

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Indeed it is possible that Muhammad was a random soldier or general war hero who Al Fuckface whatever crafted a biblical-ish legend around. Maybe his family member, friend or lover.

This would explain why nobody outside the Quran knew of him. Or Muhammad being a wildly used name in the area he could have just been a representation of all the Muhammads who were blood thirsty animal soldiers at the time. An homage so to speak of the Arab warrior.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>We need the usual, historical proof as required for any other figure...
http://www.opendemocracy.net/faith-europe_isl...
"It is notoriously difficult to know anything for sure about the founder of a world religion. Just as one shrine after the other obliterates the contours of the localities in which he was active, so one doctrine after another reshapes him as a figure for veneration and imitation for a vast number of people in times and places that he never knew."
And Mohammed didn't personally found the religion. The religious theology developed after his death. Islam is apparently based on a historical figure and probably some sort of war-leader.
The Jesus depicted in the Bible was possibly something of a composite figure. Even less seems to be known for sure about the Quran's version of Mohammed. The original sources we have on them were generally created long after these figures died. Neither figure seems to have been as important during their lifetimes as their political uses were after their deaths.
<quoted text>I think I may have done at some stage. Like many historians who refer to famous religious prophets like Jesus and Mohammed, he often referred to what people of the time believed to be true, whether their belief was correct or entirely erroneous.
<quoted text>Perhaps so idiotic that these points have never occurred to them?
Perhaps so idiotic that they are confident that they now know essentially what these figures said during their lifetimes,(as opposed to modern theological dogma on the subject)?
Perhaps so idiotic that they think not a single word has been changed in the Quran since the 7th Century?
Perhaps even so idiotic that they seriously believe someone like Jesus or Mohammed were sent to Earth as messengers from an Abrahamic god(s)?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
I usually criticise islam and religion generally here, but thought for the sake of balance and interest i'd post an alternative view. One of the reasons for the so called war on terror is the little know about by the public and not discussed on mainstream media. It is usury. The middle eastern countries do not lend or receive money at interest due to its prohibition in the quran. This was the same in christianity up unitl the reformation in the 16th century. Previous to them usury had been viewed as a mortal sin and would risk eternal punishment in hell. Therefore lending money at interest at the middle ages was only practised by Jews. They were dispised for this by all European countries and were often expelled en mass from country to country.

Today we live in a globalised debt-based banking system. The only countries resisting this system, just happen to be the same ones targeted for liberation and regime change by the US and its allies. A conincidence, I think not. This is what liberation by the west brings to islamic countries, a system of perpetual and exponentially growing debts. Lucky them :)
Ans.

I think I have posted a details reply to you on the thread “Why Atheism will overcome religion”.

It covers most of the points you have mentioned here.

I do not want to duplicate my arguments.

So I will wait for your reply, before commenting anything further.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
And I notice you are very proud of Muslim war conquests of other people. Killing non believers brings you great joy yes?
<quoted text>
Yes.

Just as Genuine Christians™ murdered non-christians throughout history in a Proud Tradition™ of slaughter of the innocent.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Indeed it is possible that Muhammad was a random soldier or general war hero who Al Fuckface whatever crafted a biblical-ish legend around. Maybe his family member, friend or lover.
This would explain why nobody outside the Quran knew of him. Or Muhammad being a wildly used name in the area he could have just been a representation of all the Muhammads who were blood thirsty animal soldiers at the time. An homage so to speak of the Arab warrior.
<quoted text>
That is quite interesting. I had no idea Muhammad-the-pedophile was just another figment.

But it stands to reason he was just as fictional as Jewsus.

Which brings up a couple of good points. Since this child molester was fictional?

1) why did they depict him as a child rapist?
2) why did they also depict him as illiterate?

You'd have thunk, since they were cobbling it together out of essentially fairy-tales, that they'd have made him more...

... respectable.

I mean, really?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

At that time remember marrying children and thighing them was considered normal in that society. Well not much has changed in that part if the world.

Many Arab soldiers then and now were illiterate so that helped connect the uneducated masses to his myth.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is quite interesting. I had no idea Muhammad-the-pedophile was just another figment.
Which brings up a couple of good points. Since this child molester was fictional?
You'd have thunk, since they were cobbling it together out of essentially fairy-tales, that they'd have made him more...
... respectable.
I mean, really?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
At that time remember marrying children and thighing them was considered normal in that society. Well not much has changed in that part if the world.
Many Arab soldiers then and now were illiterate so that helped connect the uneducated masses to his myth.
<quoted text>
Yes, I get all that-- but, since they were making sh7t up? Why not go for a higher standard?

... meh.

I'll never understand these people I suppose-- it probably stems from me preferring strict honesty over all else.

Even to myself.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Because they weren't trying to create a myth for educated people. They were aiming for a group of uneducated, illiterate, barbaric child molesters.

You gotta know your client base. You think those animals would have responded to a well rounded message of peace and acceptance? Lol!
<quoted text>
Yes, I get all that-- but, since they were making sh7t up? Why not go for a higher standard?
... meh.
I'll never understand these people I suppose-- it probably stems from me preferring strict honesty over all else.
Even to myself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Because they weren't trying to create a myth for educated people. They were aiming for a group of uneducated, illiterate, barbaric child molesters.
You gotta know your client base. You think those animals would have responded to a well rounded message of peace and acceptance? Lol!
<quoted text>
Good point.
Siro

Leichhardt, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
... respectable.
I mean, really?
You say that Jesus and Mohammed are fictional.
So the claims you spew against them must be fictional as well?
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Non sequitur.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

What a turd eating retarded statement!

No you can make real insults and claims about fictional characters. Watch any news program where people are raising hell about somebody in a movie and what they did.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!

Are you seriously this stupid, or did you take special stupid lessons?

LOL!

In any case--you prove once again, you are just another True Believer™.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

KK wrote:
The majority is wrong more often than correct, thus your bandwagon fallacy makes your religious nonsense look more dangerous than anyone has asserted. Do you really want to pull the "millions of people thought it was a good idea" card?
Ans.

You are very right, the Majority is always wrong!!

Quran says “If you were to follow the wishes of majority of these people, they will certainly mislead you…”

But it is your system (by which you die and live) which is based on the principle of majority.

Any one who wins majority of votes is elected, any party which gets majority of seats in parliament gets to form Govt.

Any one who own 50 %+ 1 share in any firm gets the right to formulate all rules and regulations and gets control of the firm.

How come you are raising doubt the concept of Majority?

In reality Truth has power of its own and is not linked with majority or minority.

If every one on this earth declares that “There is no Creator of this Universe”…. And there is only ONE MAN who says that “There IS a Creator of the world”.

That One man will be Right and rest 6,999,999,999 would be WRONG?

What will be the percentage of one man against these 6,999,999,999?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,041 - 12,060 of20,784
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••