Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
12,001 - 12,020 of 21,504 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12729 Feb 12, 2013
Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Having been to Saudi many many times i can tell you first hand this is bollocks.
I have had many taxi drivers who were christian, were proud to be and hung a crucifix from their rear view mirror
There are also ex-pat communities that are full of non muslims and women are allowed to drive within these communities, there are english and american schools, you can buy booze & pork and watch NFL on the telly.
Your posts seem a little contradictory...
Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the Campus, some are tiny, 800m x 800m (like the one in the centre of Riyadh)...
on the east coast there are campus' bigger than my home town, huge.
Sounds a horrible society and free enough only as long as you keep quiet and hold no political opinion. Try holding a rally.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#12730 Feb 12, 2013
The last christian priest was expelled in 1985.
His christian taxi drivers don't have anywhere to pray.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts seem a little contradictory...
<quoted text>Sounds a horrible society and free enough only as long as you keep quiet and hold no political opinion. Try holding a rally.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12731 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The last christian priest was expelled in 1985.
His christian taxi drivers don't have anywhere to pray.
<quoted text>
Interesting.
(Polyester dalek lol!:-)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12732 Feb 12, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
OK of course no "Sky-fairy". But the nuclear inferno is no fairy at all!
I share your view that nuclear power is the opposite to 'green'. I am not so pessimistic as you about human extinction. I don't think any of that is on-topic though, Henry. There are other threads for that.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#12733 Feb 12, 2013
My friend is so full of life, it's really upsetting to see her have to Dalek up for some backwards. But she did it for 3 years to get a sizeable deposit on a house in Cambridge.

Every time we picked her up from Heathrow we had to ply her with bacon sandwiches and pork roasts.

I've yet to meet an ex pat who said they liked Saudi.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting.
(Polyester dalek lol!:-)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12734 Feb 13, 2013
Ed Sed wrote:
In comparing the stature and importance of Karl Marx with the Prophet Mohammed I would simply note that Karl Marx is more recent and more relevant. KM talked about a useful ideological (if failed) concept and didn't ramble 'prophetically' about "Allah". He will ultimately be seen as historically important, whereas Mohammed will be just another prophet of just another god amongst many...

http://www.godchecker.com/

There are lots of prophets and sooth-sayer, but they have no real importance. The degree of their following has importance, but such followings end with the superstition. So Mohammed's importance will end with the Abrahamic superstition that is Islam.

Religion, like all superstition, is bound to decline over time in the face of education and science.

(That's what I prophesy :-)
Ans.

Yeah I know Karl Marx is recent so people remember his name.

After a couple of centuries, you have to search him in old books

So many "Karl Marx s" have come and perished in past 3000 years.

Yet Moses, jesus and Prophet Mohammad are honored by Billions and Millions of people after all these centuries.

I know how you are "hurt" by the permanent nature of their position.

You can pass your "subjective comments" and they have little value, neither here nor there.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#12735 Feb 13, 2013
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yet Moses, jesus and Prophet Mohammad are honored by Billions and Millions of people after all these centuries.
You can pass your "subjective comments" and they have little value, neither here nor there.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#12736 Feb 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually criticise islam and religion generally here, but thought for the sake of balance and interest i'd post an alternative view. One of the reasons for the so called war on terror is the little know about by the public and not discussed on mainstream media. It is usury. The middle eastern countries do not lend or receive money at interest due to its prohibition in the quran. This was the same in christianity up unitl the reformation in the 16th century. Previous to them usury had been viewed as a mortal sin and would risk eternal punishment in hell. Therefore lending money at interest at the middle ages was only practised by Jews. They were dispised for this by all European countries and were often expelled en mass from country to country.

Today we live in a globalised debt-based banking system. The only countries resisting this system, just happen to be the same ones targeted for liberation and regime change by the US and its allies. A conincidence, I think not. This is what liberation by the west brings to islamic countries, a system of perpetual and exponentially growing debts. Lucky them :)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12737 Feb 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
....Today we live in a globalised debt-based banking system. The only countries resisting this system, just happen to be the same ones targeted for liberation and regime change by the US and its allies. A conincidence, I think not. This is what liberation by the west brings to islamic countries, a system of perpetual and exponentially growing debts. Lucky them :)
I entirely disagree.

To suggest that Islamic Banks are more honest or better run than Western ones is simply wrong. Their banking system avoiods usury in a different way, that's all.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/usury
Usury is only a matter of excessive or illegal interest, nothing more.

The interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with the banking systems of West and those which are thought (correctly or not) to be 'Sharia compliant'.(I doubt if Iraq even had a Sharia compliant banking system!)

Whether one believes in Sharia law or not, usury is equally wrong in either system.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#12738 Feb 13, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I entirely disagree.
To suggest that Islamic Banks are more honest or better run than Western ones is simply wrong.
Thanks. Point taken. I was just throwing some ideas around. This is just a personal view, bt I still think the "war on terror" doesnt add up. Something is very fishy about it.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12739 Feb 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Point taken. I was just throwing some ideas around. This is just a personal view, bt I still think the "war on terror" doesnt add up. Something is very fishy about it.
Always a pleasure to exchange views with you Adam. Some Topix contributors seem to get agitated or antagonistic over disagreements, but your comments are always worth a look.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#12740 Feb 13, 2013
I can't see what Karl Marx has to do with anything here but at least we have secular historical proof he existed, unlike Muhammad who while Muslims claim he was this great and mighty conquerer went totally unnoticed in any secular historical records.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#12741 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I can't see what Karl Marx has to do with anything here ......
He is your prophet, the prophet of atheism

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12742 Feb 13, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.

Your congregation of lying theist pieces of sh*t cannot change the definition of atheism as much as you may try and fail to do so.

We will never follow your immoral lying ways.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#12743 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.
Your congregation of lying theist pieces of sh*t cannot change the definition of atheism as much as you may try and fail to do so.
We will never follow your immoral lying ways.
The commissar speaks!
It must be true!
BECAUSE HE SAID SO!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12744 Feb 13, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
The commissar speaks!
It must be true!
BECAUSE HE SAID SO!
Suggestion: "The commissar speaks! It IS true.
!

United States

#12745 Feb 13, 2013
Nope. I think you need to read up on him before making a jackass out of yourself. But at least we know Karl existed, we have secular historical proof unlike your prophet Muhammad this supposedly great conquerer who didn't leave a trace anywhere at a time that was well documented.

Nothing outside your Quran.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>

United States

#12746 Feb 13, 2013
Your vadge hurting from where your fellow Muslims mutilated it when you were an infant?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
The commissar speaks!
It must be true!
BECAUSE HE SAID SO!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#12747 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I can't see what Karl Marx has to do with anything here but at least we have secular historical proof he existed, unlike Muhammad who while Muslims claim he was this great and mighty conquerer went totally unnoticed in any secular historical records.
<quoted text>
What more secular historical records you need when in less than 25 years of his death, Muslims tore down the Two Great Super powers of the time, Persian and Byzantine!1

Read the Decline and Fall of Roman Empire by Edward Gibbons....may be he was bribed by Muslims to write down history of that period.

How idiotic can some people get, I did not realized until I started visiting these threads!!
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#12748 Feb 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What more secular historical records you need when in less than 25 years of his death, Muslims tore down the Two Great Super powers of the time, Persian and Byzantine!1
Read the Decline and Fall of Roman Empire by Edward Gibbons....may be he was bribed by Muslims to write down history of that period.
How idiotic can some people get, I did not realized until I started visiting these threads!!
And muslims like christians and jews are warmongering filth. I like freedom. You keep the slavery of your cult religions...MORE PEOPLE HAVE DIED BY RELIGOUS REASONS THEN ALL OTHER REASONS COMBINED. Religion is nasty and is dying off worldwide....THANK GOODNESS.....

Oh and your muslim religion is nothing but a hate and death and war religion. Notice how any nation where muslim religion rules it is third world cesspool of death and tyranny.........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min KiMare 226,370
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 20 min CunningLinguist 39
100% Faith Free 47 min Patrick 13
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 52 min Patrick 6
The Ultimate Evidence of God 56 min Patrick 60
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 429
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr Patrick 52
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••