Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 601)

Showing posts 12,001 - 12,020 of20,819
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Wow they are so subhuman that they have to have armed gunmen so a woman can drive three blocks to get some Tylenol?

Ah the joy of the religion of peace. I wonder how many women will be stoned to death today for witchcraft or whatever?
Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Im going to assume you have no idea about womens rights in Saudi and point out that women are not allowed to drive at all in Saudi.
EXCEPT: Expat communities allow it, these are gated communities policed by rent-a-cops - armed to the teeth and the entrance has a manned MG3 7.92mm Machine gun or two.

Since: Feb 13

Derbyshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Do you mean drive round a car park?
My Polish friend had to dress up like a polyester Dalek to go anywhere off campus. She certainly couldn't drive anywhere and had to be chaperoned.
She couldn't get pork, but she could get alcohol, which is shipped in under the description "furniture".
<quoted text>
Depends on the Campus, some are tiny, 800m x 800m (like the one in the centre of Riyadh)...

on the east coast there are campus' bigger than my home town, huge.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There you explained the "Full Meaning" of Women's Lib!!
Your foul language shows the "True Esteem" in which you keep your women.... and the second part shows the purpose of "Women Lib".
Every one should cut and paste your post on their doors.
Still no explaination why your "prophet" was a child-raping illiterate.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Im going to assume you have no idea about womens rights in Saudi and point out that women are not allowed to drive at all in Saudi.
EXCEPT: Expat communities allow it, these are gated communities policed by rent-a-cops - armed to the teeth and the entrance has a manned MG3 7.92mm Machine gun or two.
So, only in special, closed-gate provinces? Where the "evil driving women" are out of sight of the rest of the country?

Is that about it?

What a "lovely" place to be.

Not.

But it IS typical of True Believers™ the world over.

Back during the reign of Genuine Christianity™, there were similar closed-gate communities of non-christians.

They were always treated horribly.

Much as gays are treated by Genuine Christianity™ in the US, even now.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the Campus, some are tiny, 800m x 800m (like the one in the centre of Riyadh)...
But still closed.

Such is the consequence of letting True Believers™ run the government.

Are you surprised why non-believers fight True Believers™ in the US, for control of the government?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Having been to Saudi many many times i can tell you first hand this is bollocks.
I have had many taxi drivers who were christian, were proud to be and hung a crucifix from their rear view mirror
There are also ex-pat communities that are full of non muslims and women are allowed to drive within these communities, there are english and american schools, you can buy booze & pork and watch NFL on the telly.
Your posts seem a little contradictory...
Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds a horrible society and free enough only as long as you keep quiet and hold no political opinion. Try holding a rally.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

The last christian priest was expelled in 1985.
His christian taxi drivers don't have anywhere to pray.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts seem a little contradictory...
<quoted text>Sounds a horrible society and free enough only as long as you keep quiet and hold no political opinion. Try holding a rally.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Thinking wrote:
The last christian priest was expelled in 1985.
His christian taxi drivers don't have anywhere to pray.
<quoted text>
Interesting.
(Polyester dalek lol!:-)
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
OK of course no "Sky-fairy". But the nuclear inferno is no fairy at all!
I share your view that nuclear power is the opposite to 'green'. I am not so pessimistic as you about human extinction. I don't think any of that is on-topic though, Henry. There are other threads for that.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

My friend is so full of life, it's really upsetting to see her have to Dalek up for some backwards. But she did it for 3 years to get a sizeable deposit on a house in Cambridge.

Every time we picked her up from Heathrow we had to ply her with bacon sandwiches and pork roasts.

I've yet to meet an ex pat who said they liked Saudi.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting.
(Polyester dalek lol!:-)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ed Sed wrote:
In comparing the stature and importance of Karl Marx with the Prophet Mohammed I would simply note that Karl Marx is more recent and more relevant. KM talked about a useful ideological (if failed) concept and didn't ramble 'prophetically' about "Allah". He will ultimately be seen as historically important, whereas Mohammed will be just another prophet of just another god amongst many...

http://www.godchecker.com/

There are lots of prophets and sooth-sayer, but they have no real importance. The degree of their following has importance, but such followings end with the superstition. So Mohammed's importance will end with the Abrahamic superstition that is Islam.

Religion, like all superstition, is bound to decline over time in the face of education and science.

(That's what I prophesy :-)
Ans.

Yeah I know Karl Marx is recent so people remember his name.

After a couple of centuries, you have to search him in old books

So many "Karl Marx s" have come and perished in past 3000 years.

Yet Moses, jesus and Prophet Mohammad are honored by Billions and Millions of people after all these centuries.

I know how you are "hurt" by the permanent nature of their position.

You can pass your "subjective comments" and they have little value, neither here nor there.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yet Moses, jesus and Prophet Mohammad are honored by Billions and Millions of people after all these centuries.
You can pass your "subjective comments" and they have little value, neither here nor there.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually criticise islam and religion generally here, but thought for the sake of balance and interest i'd post an alternative view. One of the reasons for the so called war on terror is the little know about by the public and not discussed on mainstream media. It is usury. The middle eastern countries do not lend or receive money at interest due to its prohibition in the quran. This was the same in christianity up unitl the reformation in the 16th century. Previous to them usury had been viewed as a mortal sin and would risk eternal punishment in hell. Therefore lending money at interest at the middle ages was only practised by Jews. They were dispised for this by all European countries and were often expelled en mass from country to country.

Today we live in a globalised debt-based banking system. The only countries resisting this system, just happen to be the same ones targeted for liberation and regime change by the US and its allies. A conincidence, I think not. This is what liberation by the west brings to islamic countries, a system of perpetual and exponentially growing debts. Lucky them :)
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
....Today we live in a globalised debt-based banking system. The only countries resisting this system, just happen to be the same ones targeted for liberation and regime change by the US and its allies. A conincidence, I think not. This is what liberation by the west brings to islamic countries, a system of perpetual and exponentially growing debts. Lucky them :)
I entirely disagree.

To suggest that Islamic Banks are more honest or better run than Western ones is simply wrong. Their banking system avoiods usury in a different way, that's all.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/usury
Usury is only a matter of excessive or illegal interest, nothing more.

The interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with the banking systems of West and those which are thought (correctly or not) to be 'Sharia compliant'.(I doubt if Iraq even had a Sharia compliant banking system!)

Whether one believes in Sharia law or not, usury is equally wrong in either system.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I entirely disagree.
To suggest that Islamic Banks are more honest or better run than Western ones is simply wrong.
Thanks. Point taken. I was just throwing some ideas around. This is just a personal view, bt I still think the "war on terror" doesnt add up. Something is very fishy about it.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Point taken. I was just throwing some ideas around. This is just a personal view, bt I still think the "war on terror" doesnt add up. Something is very fishy about it.
Always a pleasure to exchange views with you Adam. Some Topix contributors seem to get agitated or antagonistic over disagreements, but your comments are always worth a look.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I can't see what Karl Marx has to do with anything here but at least we have secular historical proof he existed, unlike Muhammad who while Muslims claim he was this great and mighty conquerer went totally unnoticed in any secular historical records.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I can't see what Karl Marx has to do with anything here ......
He is your prophet, the prophet of atheism

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
He is your prophet, the prophet of atheism
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.

Your congregation of lying theist pieces of sh*t cannot change the definition of atheism as much as you may try and fail to do so.

We will never follow your immoral lying ways.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.
Your congregation of lying theist pieces of sh*t cannot change the definition of atheism as much as you may try and fail to do so.
We will never follow your immoral lying ways.
The commissar speaks!
It must be true!
BECAUSE HE SAID SO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,001 - 12,020 of20,819
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••