Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
11,981 - 12,000 of 21,383 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There you explained the "Full Meaning" of Women's Lib!!
Your foul language shows the "True Esteem" in which you keep your women.... and the second part shows the purpose of "Women Lib".
Every one should cut and paste your post on their doors.
You are a caveman in a world full of skyscrapers. You can't even accept Lesbians. Even most straight men can accept Lesbians.

I don't even think you're a man - maybe some kind of rat creature that learned how to type?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

What about islamic Female Genital Mutilation?
What about forced sex within marriage not being rape? That's a particular favourite lie of muslims.

PS allah's a cu*t.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
As many as "wilfully" reject the message sent by God and mock His Prophets and Messengers.
A crime does not cease to become a crime because more people perform it.
That is the "Modern Democratic" way, in which a crime cease to become a crime and becomes a norm when more people start performing it.
Like Sodomy, Lesbiansim, Free Sex, Strip tease joints, live shows, gambling, usury etc.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Muck's more of a urine test than a Turing Test.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a caveman in a world full of skyscrapers. You can't even accept Lesbians. Even most straight men can accept Lesbians.
I don't even think you're a man - maybe some kind of rat creature that learned how to type?
quxzux

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

http://youtube.com/watch...
Get Over it,1938? wont make it
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you compare "pygmies" like Karl Marx with these Giants of the God' chosen Servants and Prophets...
In comparing the stature and importance of Karl Marx with the Prophet Mohammed I would simply note that Karl Marx is more recent and more relevant. KM talked about a useful ideological (if failed) concept and didn't ramble 'prophetically' about "Allah". He will ultimately be seen as historically important, whereas Mohammed will be just another prophet of just another god amongst many...
http://www.godchecker.com/
There are lots of prophets and sooth-sayers, but they have no real importance. The degree of their following has importance, but such followings end with the superstition. So Mohammed's importance will end with the Abrahamic superstition that is Islam.

Religion, like all superstition, is bound to decline over time in the face of education and science.

(That's what I prophesy :-)
Henry

Bad Frankenhausen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Clint wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism is the only hope humanity has to survive and flourish.
In capitalism there is not the slightest idea for humanity to survive!
Henry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Thinking wrote:
I see you're still getting "society" confused with the "scientific method". Oh dear.
<quoted text>
Well, the "scientific method" in the nuclear age... Is getting on the substance of mankind and to its extermination!
Henry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Jesus is to busy attacking women and getting beaten by some dude names Kai it seems.
<quoted text>

Any man is subject to nature. The pope is getting no help from the god myth. No god myth will help. Only the power of nature has the saying!
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

It's never good to hear an old German rambling about extermination.
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the "scientific method" in the nuclear age... Is getting on the substance of mankind and to its extermination!
Henry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Arguably that makes you 'anti-secular' and as bad as religionists who discriminate against atheists, doesn't it? Also, I note the criteria that concerns you is whether or not they believe in god, but I have always thought that religion was probably more harmful and superstitious than a mere belief in some kind of 'higher power'.
As daft, divisive and harmful as religion is, I don't think it necessarily prevents religionists doing a good job of work. Some religionists even have scientific qualifications. Shouldn't people be hired for their abilities, not their religious affiliations (or lack of any)? Nor should applicants be descriminated against in employment because they would like to think there's a Sky-fairy.
(Or am I taking your post Waaay too seriously?:-)
OK of course no "Sky-fairy". But the nuclear inferno is no fairy at all!
Henry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

jacktheladat1 wrote:
I may conclude that the "power of prayer" didn't do anything for the Pope. just a thought!
Seems to me god is a myth and the pope is just a natural man not a vice god on earth. Why should he??

Since: Feb 13

Derbyshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

EdSed wrote:
http://www.americanhumanist.or g/HNN/details/2012-04-the-stat e-of-religion-declining-belief -in-god-worldw
One thing’s for sure: humanists are poised to reach out to the growing number of “nones” and show humanism as the reason-based alternative to traditional religion.
Unquote.
http://www.thea-blast.org/in-depth/2011/03/29...
look at a country such as Saudi Arabia. Although there is no law in place that requires citizens to be Muslim, almost all Saudi Arabian citizens are Muslim. Religious freedom is severely limited to non-existent. In 2004, the U.S. State Department declared that “freedom of religion does not exist in Saudi Arabia” and that “non-Muslim worshippers risk arrest, imprisonment, lashing, deportation and sometimes torture.”
Unquote.
Make of that what you will, but you'll be hard-put to indicate where religion is increasing amongst an educated and free population.
Having been to Saudi many many times i can tell you first hand this is bollocks.

I have had many taxi drivers who were christian, were proud to be and hung a crucifix from their rear view mirror

There are also ex-pat communities that are full of non muslims and women are allowed to drive within these communities, there are english and american schools, you can buy booze & pork and watch NFL on the telly.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Wow women are allowed to drive in their own neighborhoods?!!
Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Having been to Saudi many many times i can tell you first hand this is bollocks.
I have had many taxi drivers who were christian, were proud to be and hung a crucifix from their rear view mirror
There are also ex-pat communities that are full of non muslims and women are allowed to drive within these communities, there are english and american schools, you can buy booze & pork and watch NFL on the telly.

Derbyshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Wow women are allowed to drive in their own neighborhoods?!!
<quoted text>
Im going to assume you have no idea about womens rights in Saudi and point out that women are not allowed to drive at all in Saudi.

EXCEPT: Expat communities allow it, these are gated communities policed by rent-a-cops - armed to the teeth and the entrance has a manned MG3 7.92mm Machine gun or two.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Do you mean drive round a car park?

My Polish friend had to dress up like a polyester Dalek to go anywhere off campus. She certainly couldn't drive anywhere and had to be chaperoned.

She couldn't get pork, but she could get alcohol, which is shipped in under the description "furniture".
Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Wow they are so subhuman that they have to have armed gunmen so a woman can drive three blocks to get some Tylenol?

Ah the joy of the religion of peace. I wonder how many women will be stoned to death today for witchcraft or whatever?
Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Im going to assume you have no idea about womens rights in Saudi and point out that women are not allowed to drive at all in Saudi.
EXCEPT: Expat communities allow it, these are gated communities policed by rent-a-cops - armed to the teeth and the entrance has a manned MG3 7.92mm Machine gun or two.

Derbyshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Do you mean drive round a car park?
My Polish friend had to dress up like a polyester Dalek to go anywhere off campus. She certainly couldn't drive anywhere and had to be chaperoned.
She couldn't get pork, but she could get alcohol, which is shipped in under the description "furniture".
<quoted text>
Depends on the Campus, some are tiny, 800m x 800m (like the one in the centre of Riyadh)...

on the east coast there are campus' bigger than my home town, huge.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There you explained the "Full Meaning" of Women's Lib!!
Your foul language shows the "True Esteem" in which you keep your women.... and the second part shows the purpose of "Women Lib".
Every one should cut and paste your post on their doors.
Still no explaination why your "prophet" was a child-raping illiterate.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
So, only in special, closed-gate provinces? Where the "evil driving women" are out of sight of the rest of the country?

Is that about it?

What a "lovely" place to be.

Not.

But it IS typical of True Believers™ the world over.

Back during the reign of Genuine Christianity™, there were similar closed-gate communities of non-christians.

They were always treated horribly.

Much as gays are treated by Genuine Christianity™ in the US, even now.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Matelot wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the Campus, some are tiny, 800m x 800m (like the one in the centre of Riyadh)...
on the east coast there are campus' bigger than my home town, huge.
But still closed.

Such is the consequence of letting True Believers™ run the government.

Are you surprised why non-believers fight True Believers™ in the US, for control of the government?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Buck Crick 224,079
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 361
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 8 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 8 hr Patrick 3
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••