Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,228

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#12690 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Why you took so much offense at my idea?
Because the idea is offensive. It suggests that advanced degrees are simply awarded for no work and anyone can print them up and use them.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#12691 Feb 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific results are
Never faked for
Federal Grant money :-)
This is a comment that shows a failure to understand the scientific method.

Sure, some fake results. But...the scientific method, with its insistence on repeatability, will expose such fakery. And when it is exposed, the reputation of the faker is permanently ruined.

BTW...you mention only federal grant money. Does this mean you think grants from private sources are unsullied? Such as those from the tobacco industry?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12692 Feb 11, 2013
I may conclude that the "power of prayer" didn't do anything for the Pope. just a thought!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12693 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My correspondent said that No one , No university is interested in his / her field of research.
So what was the solution than to grant him / her own degree and start their own university.
Why you took so much offense at my idea?
What I understand is that you have picked up a very wrong Pseudo name for yourself on this thread.
You are Unreason Personified, really!!
Still no explanation for why your Muhumud was a child-raping illiterate pedophile, who promoted murder, genocide and hate.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12694 Feb 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the idea is offensive. It suggests that advanced degrees are simply awarded for no work and anyone can print them up and use them.
I have no doubt that in MUQ's case, and int he case of most "doctors of theology" this >>is<< the case: they are printed up like newspapers.

How can you do "research" on a subject that does not exist (god)?

... you can't.

Thus their "degrees" are as empty as their faith.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12695 Feb 11, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
I may conclude that the "power of prayer" didn't do anything for the Pope. just a thought!
Or it could be that secular authorities are hot on his heels, and he's about to disappear into protective hiding....

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#12696 Feb 11, 2013
Jesus is to busy attacking women and getting beaten by some dude names Kai it seems.
jacktheladat1 wrote:
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12697 Feb 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Muq, in your religion approx what proportion of the world population burn in a literal hell fire?
As many as "wilfully" reject the message sent by God and mock His Prophets and Messengers.

A crime does not cease to become a crime because more people perform it.

That is the "Modern Democratic" way, in which a crime cease to become a crime and becomes a norm when more people start performing it.

Like Sodomy, Lesbiansim, Free Sex, Strip tease joints, live shows, gambling, usury etc.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#12698 Feb 11, 2013
Your prophet killed and entire city of people who had surrendered. He brags about killing, having sex with children and intolerance of anyone who will not accept his brutal ways. A man who we have no historical proof he even existed!

Yet this is the path to enlightenment?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
As many as "wilfully" reject the message sent by God and mock His Prophets and Messengers.
That is the "Modern Democratic" way, in which a crime cease to become a crime and becomes a norm when more people start performing it.
Like Sodomy, Lesbiansim, Free Sex, Strip tease joints, live shows, gambling, usury etc.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12699 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no explaination why your "prophet" was a child-raping illiterate.

Why?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#12700 Feb 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
My Airedale is definitely an unbeliever. Where is she?
<quoted text>
Cavorting with my English Bulldog....can't you keep that brazen hussy at home? ;0)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12701 Feb 12, 2013
Ed Sed wrote:
Yet he may be remembered and perhaps is more highly regarded than Mohammed (Police Be Upon Him). And though largely discredited, Marx still makes more sense than belief in an Abrahamic god.
Ans.

Karl Marx 's death is 100 or so years back and his popularity is decreasing day by day.

After a few centuries, you have to dig deep into specialized books to find out who was karl Marx.

Abrahamic prophets like Moses, Jesus, and Prophets have completed more than 3500, 2000 and 1400 years respectively….yet there are Billions who know these prophets and try to tread on their footsteps.

How can you compare "pygmies" like Karl Marx with these Giants of the God' chosen Servants and Prophets.

Your foul mouth and using insulting epithet will have negligible effect on these esteemed prophets but only add to the bag of your inequities.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12702 Feb 12, 2013
RP wrote:
01. No what he actually said was that his advisor had died, and another had moved. Those who are left are not interested in his field of study. And he said nothing at all about the university, but he did say he was constrained by truth. We can all see that you aren't.

02. So I repeat "Some people have standards, when it comes to going about accomplishing their goals in a legitimate and time honored way, it's too bad you don't. To have value and earning potential for it's holder, a degree must be earned, through hard work and diligence. You don't understand that concept do you? ".
Ans.

Why you became all of sudden so interested in such a minor discussion?

You leave important subjects and go endlessly on minor subjects.

I have clarified my stand to the concerned person.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#12703 Feb 12, 2013
Polymath wrote:
No, that is NOT what I said. The first person who was going to be my physics advisor got cancer which spread to his brain and he died. The second person moved to another state. Nobody left *at my university* is interested in astrophysics. Since I have a job here, I don't have the freedom to move to another location, so the PhD in physics is on hold.

I have completed the class work and the qualifying exams. I simply need a thesis topic and the time to do some research under the supervision of an expert in the area.

So what was the solution than to grant him / her own degree and start their own university.

Because accreditation means something in science. Working with an expert in the field is an important step in becoming an expert yourself.

Unlike in religious studies, the sciences are required to have some correlation to reality.

Ans.

Sorry to hear your predicament. In these days of On Line and Distant Education, it is strange that you could not locate any source for a guide on Astrophysics?

Why it became such a isolated subject.

I have sympathy for you and my comments were not meant to hurt you.

They were made in the light mood, so do not take it seriously.

PS:

There are some universities in US and Western Countries who "sell" their degrees to people.

I have seen so many people became PhD and Masters by "paying a hefty fees".

I am not joking on this.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12704 Feb 12, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Cavorting with my English Bulldog....can't you keep that brazen hussy at home? ;0)
There you explained the "Full Meaning" of Women's Lib!!

Your foul language shows the "True Esteem" in which you keep your women.... and the second part shows the purpose of "Women Lib".

Every one should cut and paste your post on their doors.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#12705 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Why you became all of sudden so interested in such a minor discussion?
You leave important subjects and go endlessly on minor subjects.
I have clarified my stand to the concerned person.
You lied about him and showed that you have no honor, and now you would like no one to notice.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#12706 Feb 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific results are
Never faked for
Federal Grant money :-)
Actually, they are not. Though the reports are altered for such by the people who want specific things done, like Al Gore and his ilk, they were not the scientists who did the studies, and the climatologists opposed Al Gore's dishonesty, but since they're "smart people," they were ignored and Al got his way. Scientists get money they need by teaching most often, or by helping to develop products, but they do the work because they want to, not because it pays much.
Mr Smartypants

Mayer, MN

#12707 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A fanatic like you is simply too unenlightened to comprehend the concept of "consent". To many enlightened people in western democracies, a crime exists only if there's a victim. When two *consenting*(got it?) adults engage in sodomy, fornication, whatever, there IS NO VICTIM. Got it, you barbaric fanatic? NO VICTIM.

A crime is a crime only if there is a victim. Rape is a crime because the victim never consented to sex. What you're too damned thick-headed to understand is that the religious fanatic who murders lesbians is the real criminal, not the lesbians themselves--because the lesbians consent to have sex with each other, but don't consent to being murdered by a barbaric religious fanatic.

Location hidden

#12708 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
it's impossible to willfully reject something that isn't really there and is proven not to be there.

You're just another liar like all theists.

Location hidden

#12709 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There you explained the "Full Meaning" of Women's Lib!!
Your foul language shows the "True Esteem" in which you keep your women.... and the second part shows the purpose of "Women Lib".
Every one should cut and paste your post on their doors.
You are a caveman in a world full of skyscrapers. You can't even accept Lesbians. Even most straight men can accept Lesbians.

I don't even think you're a man - maybe some kind of rat creature that learned how to type?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Eagle 12 233,049
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 28 min Eagle 12 2,599
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr thetruth 202
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 3 hr chris toal 39
Evidence for God! 5 hr thetruth 368
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 5 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 5 hr thetruth 162
More from around the web