Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,124

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12668 Feb 10, 2013
Clint wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism is the only hope humanity has to survive and flourish.
Capitalism is a mockery for humanity to survive in the age of nuclear weapons

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#12669 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you award the degree to yourself and become 'One Man Organization"?
That would make all sense. You can print your theories then verify it as a peer and then authenticate it.
All in one Super Duper Mac!!
I'm not studying religion. That means I am constrained by the truth.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12670 Feb 10, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me strength! It's not only the US that has to put up with raving religous loonies. I blame brainwashing from birth/or the easily led inadquate! But! Thinking about it. The food and drink of religion has always been about controlling the inadaquate! THINKING for religous types is just not an option. Sad really.
Well Marx said: Religion is opium for the people.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12671 Feb 10, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you are wrong about, the church is all about profit. Lets put it this way if we where to tax churches in the US we would make an extra 70 billion a year to pay off are deficit. Plus if you look around the world and see all the fancy multimillion dollar churches that are built out of gold when there are millions of starving children in the world then you know its all about profit.
This is why the church trys so hard to brainwash you to deny logic and reason, because it is a business and its all about profit..
Religions are making very often huge profits. The RCC is one of those very bad examples.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12672 Feb 10, 2013
Don5163 wrote:
<quoted text>Faith - not faith in man but faith in God. "By faith and faith alone shall you enter the gates of paradise."
Very sorry, but there was never such a thing like eden or god and so on.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12673 Feb 10, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you have no proof that this god exists.
Don is a fairy teller no more!

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#12674 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you award the degree to yourself and become 'One Man Organization"?
That would make all sense. You can print your theories then verify it as a peer and then authenticate it.
All in one Super Duper Mac!!
I realize that you accept Mohammed's book just because Mohammed said that God gave it to him...purely on just Mohammed's word.

But outside of religion, most of the rest of the world doesn't work that way, and certainly science and science education doesn't. It takes a lot more than the say-so of one man.
Lincoln

United States

#12675 Feb 10, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you accept Mohammed's book just because Mohammed said that God gave it to him...purely on just Mohammed's word.
But outside of religion, most of the rest of the world doesn't work that way, and certainly science and science education doesn't. It takes a lot more than the say-so of one man.
Scientific results are
Never faked for
Federal Grant money :-)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#12677 Feb 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not studying religion. That means I am constrained by the truth.
If you are not studying religion, it would be your loss and not religion'.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12678 Feb 10, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Marx said: Religion is opium for the people.
Well Karl Marx is dead and his communism is dead and religions are alive and thriving.

That shows Karl Marx was speaking thru his hat!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12679 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Karl Marx is dead and his communism is dead and religions are alive and thriving.
You still haven't explained why your #1 pedophile (moohumud) was a child-raping illiterate hate-monger.

Why?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#12680 Feb 10, 2013
At least he didn't strap bombs to children and have them run into a shopping mall like your people do.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12681 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet he may be remembered and perhaps is more highly regarded than Mohammed (Police Be Upon Him). And though largely discredited, Marx still makes more sense than belief in an Abrahamic god.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#12682 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Muq, in your religion approx what proportion of the world population burn in a literal hell fire?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12683 Feb 11, 2013
Darwin wrote:
01.I realize that you accept Mohammed's book just because Mohammed said that God gave it to him...purely on just Mohammed's word.

02. But outside of religion, most of the rest of the world doesn't work that way, and certainly science and science education doesn't. It takes a lot more than the say-so of one man.
Ans.

01. That is one reason, the other reason is that the book itself gave challenge to whole humanity that if they doubt, it is not from God, then let them bring another book like it.

If not whole book, then at least ten chapter like it, if not ten chapter then One Chapter like it.

So far no one has come forward to meet this challenge in past 1400 years. There are millions of Arabic Speaking Jews and Christians, they all hear this Quranic "boast" and keep quite!!

So it is not "Only" the words of our prophet.

02. In Quran there is nothing against science. Science deals with material world and Quran speaks about next world and what humans should do to pass the test of their lives.

There is no contradiction in their field of specialization.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#12684 Feb 11, 2013
RP wrote:
01. Do you have a car? Do you make your own license plates and registration with crayons? Why not? How about birth certificates and marriage licenses, how many have you cut out and colored for your family? Do you make your own money from construction paper too?

02. Some people have standards, when it comes to going about accomplishing their goals in a legitimate and time honored way, it's too bad you don't. To have value and earning potential for it's holder, a degree must be earned, through hard work and diligence. You don't understand that concept do you?
Ans.

My correspondent said that No one , No university is interested in his / her field of research.

So what was the solution than to grant him / her own degree and start their own university.

Why you took so much offense at my idea?

What I understand is that you have picked up a very wrong Pseudo name for yourself on this thread.

You are Unreason Personified, really!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#12685 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My correspondent said that No one , No university is interested in his / her field of research.
So what was the solution than to grant him / her own degree and start their own university.
Why you took so much offense at my idea?
What I understand is that you have picked up a very wrong Pseudo name for yourself on this thread.
You are Unreason Personified, really!!
No what he actually said was that his advisor had died, and another had moved. Those who are left are not interested in his field of study. And he said nothing at all about the university, but he did say he was constrained by truth. We can all see that you aren't.

So I repeat "Some people have standards, when it comes to going about accomplishing their goals in a legitimate and time honored way, it's too bad you don't. To have value and earning potential for it's holder, a degree must be earned, through hard work and diligence. You don't understand that concept do you? ".

Since: Mar 11

United States

#12686 Feb 11, 2013
1: much of the Quran is stolen from the Torah, gospels even Hindu writings from centuries earlier. Only difference is the Quran preaches non stop war, violence, slavery and rape whereas the other holy myths take a break from that stuf every now and then.

2: The Quran demonizes homosexuals for example yet praises Alexander the Great who was no doubt a homosexual. It preaches the creation myth and makes thousands of errors. Not to mention we have no secular proof for this Muhammad. None nada zero zip and that is puzzling because of the time he lived and how he was supposed to be this grand conquerer. Hence the Quran either exaggerates his deeds or completely made him and his story up.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. That is one reason, the other reason is that the book itself gave challenge to whole humanity that if they doubt, it is not from God, then let them bring another book like it.
If not whole book, then at least ten chapter like it, if not ten chapter then One Chapter like it.
So far no one has come forward to meet this challenge in past 1400 years. There are millions of Arabic Speaking Jews and Christians, they all hear this Quranic "boast" and keep quite!!
So it is not "Only" the words of our prophet.
02. In Quran there is nothing against science. Science deals with material world and Quran speaks about next world and what humans should do to pass the test of their lives.
There is no contradiction in their field of specialization.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#12687 Feb 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
1: much of the Quran is stolen from the Torah, gospels even Hindu writings from centuries earlier. Only difference is the Quran preaches non stop war, violence, slavery and rape whereas the other holy myths take a break from that stuf every now and then.
2: The Quran demonizes homosexuals for example yet praises Alexander the Great who was no doubt a homosexual. It preaches the creation myth and makes thousands of errors. Not to mention we have no secular proof for this Muhammad. None nada zero zip and that is puzzling because of the time he lived and how he was supposed to be this grand conquerer. Hence the Quran either exaggerates his deeds or completely made him and his story up.
<quoted text>
Good points.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#12688 Feb 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific results are
Never faked for
Federal Grant money :-)
Not if you want to keep getting Federal Grant Money. If you are convicted of fraud, the funds tend to die out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr Patrick 19
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr Patrick 189
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr KiMare 227,416
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Jaimie 71
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 7 hr Patrick 42
Atheism 101: What's the most aggravating argume... 12 hr Patrick n Angela 3
The Ultimate Evidence of God Mon sriKim 120
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••