Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,169

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

United States

#12625 Feb 7, 2013
Muq! You didn't blow yourself up today trying to reach paradise!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is calling someone "Moron" is an insult? If that be the case, then what else would you call majority of people who waste their times on these threads?
Posting hundreds of posts each day?
Moron is a very light word for these people? Don't you think?
I mean if you have capability to think!!(Boy this IS an insult)!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12626 Feb 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is calling someone "Moron" is an insult? If that be the case, then what else would you call majority of people who waste their times on these threads?
Posting hundreds of posts each day?
Moron is a very light word for these people? Don't you think?
I mean if you have capability to think!!(Boy this IS an insult)!!
You have continued to fail to address the problem with Muhummud's pedophilia and illiteracy.

Until you can explain these? You have nothing to say.
NoLimitSoldier

Regina, Canada

#12627 Feb 7, 2013
paarsurrey wrote:
I don't think it will ever happen; since there is not a single evidence with the atheists that the Creator God does not exist.
If you have give it here.
Well, it's a lot easier to prove the absence of god vs. a god...have you ever seen god? Has anyone that is a credible witness and not schizophrenic? Where is your god and this heaven you speak of? No one can prove any of that to me but I can tell you what happens to you when you die from a biological satndpoint...you urinate, deficate, go stiff and become yummy nourishment for the worms and beetles, thus giving back to nature for all you've taken from it in your lifetime and what happens to the part of you that thinks and dreams and feels??? No one knows, maybe this is just one of many forms of existance and there is "life" or personal realization beyond the physical...and maybe everything just goes black and you turn into food and fertilizer...that's the beauty of what I believe in...I believe that no one knows forsure and there is no point even thinking, worrying or caring about it until it happens. Why waste your life living for your death? Experience all you can...alcohol and drugs are awesome as long as your responsible. If you've never done them you know nothing about them and therefore really don't have a legitimate opinion or argument about drugs...kinda like me talking about tennis although I know nothing about it and have never played it, not my place.
Sex is amazing, best you can feel without drugs or booze. Only the ones who don't or can't have it all the time or have some personal intamacy issues think it's taboo...nothing wrong with feeling good with someone else and making them feel good.
Why pay for sattelite TV when you can get it for free? Suckers...
As long as you're not hurting anyone else who cares!! You can't get the true joy and experience of swimming the ocean of life with your waterwings on and staying in the shallow end, never jumping off the high diving board...now stop wasting your time thinking about what's after this and just do as much as you can while your here...cheers to my homies, Christian and Athiest.
NoLimitSoldier

Regina, Canada

#12628 Feb 7, 2013
And I just read what I posted and my grammar was horrible...may god strike my drunkass down!
stop talking do something

Australia

#12631 Feb 8, 2013
I just think religion is a disease of the mind like many others. In my work I hire people and I never hire believers. You can drop little hints to ask without offending and they will tell you. Some are obvious some harder. After that you can pick other attributes not to hire or keep interviewing until you get one that has the skills without the mental problem of god. Some religions are more nuts than others as well. Haven't met one yet where their god has come back to give them the job.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#12632 Feb 8, 2013
P_Smith wrote:
As I just posted on the site:
-----
Religion will continue to exist as long as these two things also exist:
(1) Uneducated masses who can't think rationally (especially in regard to their biases).
(2) Biased, corrupt and opportunistic "leaders" who see religion as a short cut to wealth, power, sex and social status.
Because those two things are likely to always be with us, we will unfortunately never see the demise of the demented deists.
Why should mankind survive an atomic catastrophe?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12633 Feb 8, 2013
NoLimitSoldier wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's a lot easier to prove the absence of god vs. a god...have you ever seen god? Has anyone that is a credible witness and not schizophrenic? Where is your god and this heaven you speak of? No one can prove any of that to me but I can tell you what happens to you when you die from a biological satndpoint...you urinate, deficate, go stiff and become yummy nourishment for the worms and beetles, thus giving back to nature for all you've taken from it in your lifetime and what happens to the part of you that thinks and dreams and feels??? No one knows, maybe this is just one of many forms of existance and there is "life" or personal realization beyond the physical...and maybe everything just goes black and you turn into food and fertilizer...that's the beauty of what I believe in...I believe that no one knows forsure and there is no point even thinking, worrying or caring about it until it happens. Why waste your life living for your death? Experience all you can...alcohol and drugs are awesome as long as your responsible. If you've never done them you know nothing about them and therefore really don't have a legitimate opinion or argument about drugs...kinda like me talking about tennis although I know nothing about it and have never played it, not my place.
Sex is amazing, best you can feel without drugs or booze. Only the ones who don't or can't have it all the time or have some personal intamacy issues think it's taboo...nothing wrong with feeling good with someone else and making them feel good.
Why pay for sattelite TV when you can get it for free? Suckers...
As long as you're not hurting anyone else who cares!! You can't get the true joy and experience of swimming the ocean of life with your waterwings on and staying in the shallow end, never jumping off the high diving board...now stop wasting your time thinking about what's after this and just do as much as you can while your here...cheers to my homies, Christian and Athiest.
SA very good post. I don't know/care how often the fact the the equation Eisenstein gave us , E=MCsquared has been explained on here, but for those who have missed it (for reasons best known ........) I'll recap. The equation proves that MASS is a form of energy. Energy CANNOT be created OR destroyed, only changed from one form into another. Humans are MASS, alive or DEAD.Our microscopic and other agents will make short work of reducing mass from a corpse into the elements and compounds of those we were 'made of,' in order to recycle it. NOTHING is destroyed since as per above, mass is a form of energy.Logically, the recycling process will eventually introduce the possibility that some of the mass, once a living being, becomes a part of another living being.Some may see this as reincarnation.In MHO there is NOTHING to prevent this occurrence.Critics of this idea are very welcome to air another logical avenue explaining how the same amount of all the known elements remain CONSTANT. Though my breathe isn't being held.
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#12634 Feb 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible is incorrect, then it can be ignored, as can the religion and church founded on it.
The bible and religion has nothing to with a god, which never exsted like thousands of other gods which are just myths!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#12635 Feb 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
But it is also about controlling the sheep too: the churches run the brainwashing machine such that it's followers blindly accept whatever the church says, without question.
And this brainwashing machine then goes on to tell them that the rich deserve to be all but tax-exempt. And continues the lie that these super-rich will magically create jobs, just because they are rich...
.... meh.
It goes hand-in-glove: True Believers™ make the best sheeple.
Whath a sad fact, that people wast their costly time with religious garbage
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#12636 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
But it is also about controlling the sheep too: the churches run the brainwashing machine such that it's followers blindly accept whatever the church says, without question.
And this brainwashing machine then goes on to tell them that the rich deserve to be all but tax-exempt. And continues the lie that these super-rich will magically create jobs, just because they are rich...
.... meh.
You are soo right!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#12637 Feb 8, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
All you've done is verify exactly what I said. When science places no intrinsic value on the "objects" it studies, the end always justifies the means. Scientists can no more police themselves than can thieves. Science has a history of research much like the abuse by Nazi doctors during World War II when German physicians practiced unethical medical experiments on Jews, gypsies, and political prisoners. Enter the Nuremburg code and the IRB, the Institutional Review Board requiring science to focus its unethical practices on animal experimentation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_...
Regardless of these stop gaps, it is still happening.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/epas_u...
It is astounding that scientists still debate over the issue of animal sentience when it has already been established that animals think, experience emotion, and feel pain. To suggest that human life is somehow more sacred by comparison is another example of the end justifying the means. But don't think for a minute that these ghoulish fiends in lab coats do not salivate at the prospect of using humans in their diabolical experiments.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
What gives scientific researchers a license to lie, maime and kill if not a lack of ethics? While scientists may exhibit ethics in their private lives, in their professional lives....cool objectivism is the honored rule. Compassion is not allowed. The Tuskegee Study (1932) symbolizes the medical misconduct and blatant disregard for human rights that takes place in the name of science. This 40 year long syphilis study was perpetrated upon what was considered to be at the time, "insignificant human surplus" made up of poor African American men who were told that they had "bad blood". These men were not informed of the research design and its risks to them personally...nor did they receive standard treatment for syphilis even when penicillin was available later during the study.
The lack of ethics in science is a world wide problem.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/opinion/2012-12/...
The "lack of ethics" is of course a problem of all exploiting classes. They use it against the exploited masses. The latter one have to fight in order to survive. In the nuclear age it is probably a failing fight! That means: mankind will be exterminated!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#12638 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
.... meh.
The exploiters have a fatal fake: They forget nature (Earthquakes, volcanos, terrible tsunamis, extreme climatic changes). No god, no devil, no heaven or hell will help, the laws of nature are foremost!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#12639 Feb 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then provide *evidence* that distinguishes between intelligent design and the sitomple application of the laws of physics and chemistry.
In the nuclear age religions are laughable and capitalism is on its way to fasten its suicide!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12640 Feb 8, 2013
Atheists rule the world you didn't hear Godzilla being called Atheistzilla
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12641 Feb 8, 2013
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#12642 Feb 8, 2013
stop talking do something wrote:
I just think religion is a disease of the mind like many others. In my work I hire people and I never hire believers. You can drop little hints to ask without offending and they will tell you. Some are obvious some harder. After that you can pick other attributes not to hire or keep interviewing until you get one that has the skills without the mental problem of god. Some religions are more nuts than others as well. Haven't met one yet where their god has come back to give them the job.
Arguably that makes you 'anti-secular' and as bad as religionists who discriminate against atheists, doesn't it? Also, I note the criteria that concerns you is whether or not they believe in god, but I have always thought that religion was probably more harmful and superstitious than a mere belief in some kind of 'higher power'.

As daft, divisive and harmful as religion is, I don't think it necessarily prevents religionists doing a good job of work. Some religionists even have scientific qualifications. Shouldn't people be hired for their abilities, not their religious affiliations (or lack of any)? Nor should applicants be descriminated against in employment because they would like to think there's a Sky-fairy.

(Or am I taking your post Waaay too seriously?:-)
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12643 Feb 8, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
What science understands only works in physical reality, but does not work in non-physical reality. It is only those who ignore the greater mental dimensions of reality who are unable to comprehend them.
<quoted text>
Which doesn't explain why atheists learn heavily on scientific explanations to justify their assertion that God can't exist because they lack a belief in God.
Well, god does not exist, but it is not "lack of believe" but lack of existence!
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12644 Feb 8, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, it is the height of arrogance for atheists to believe that the entire universe with its billions of stars in billions of galaxies was *NOT* created just for humans.
Atheists just laugh about religionists. It is a pitiful smile no more!
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12645 Feb 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's frustrating when you get caught lying about a god you have no proof of, isn't it?
It not "frustrating" but laughable! Could perhaps coming from the Bible belt!
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#12646 Feb 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible is incorrect, then it can be ignored, as can the religion and church founded on it.
Well, the Bible is full of fakes and god is just a myth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 min Eagle 12 2,173
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Aura Mytha 232,682
God' existence 3 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 4 hr Geezerjock 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 1,436
Australia: black magic pervert retard 5 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 7 hr ChristineM 366