Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
11,781 - 11,800 of 21,406 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
A judge blocked one of those bills here last year. Texas even blocked one as well. When will these idiots stop this crap?
When they become ashamed to even suggest such legislation, or admit aloud that they believe in creationism, i.e., when Christians are closeted.

We don't have to use fear or moral outrage like the Christians did to us. We can do it with just contempt and ridicule. Let them be unheard and disrespected as we were, but not scapegoated or demonized.

Then they'll stop.

And what right do we have to do that? They're trying to damage the nation, whether in the science classes, the gynecologist's office, the pharmacy, or anywhere else. That gives every secular American just cause to denounce them.
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

It's so hard to be a good muslima these days...

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/...
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Muq,
Another news story of interest for you.
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middl...
Rather than getting the death penalty or receiving a long prison sentence for the crime, Fayhan al-Ghamdi served only a few months in jail before a judge ruled the prosecution could only seek ‘blood money’.
I know you will say this is nothing to do with Islam. But you need to start waking up to the insanity of religion. This sort of thing happens too often.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

madscot wrote:
I heard about that idiot. I think Tennesse just surpassed Oklahoma in the stupid race.
Connected by Missouri.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Interesting that "insidesecrets" starting posting in what I assume they thought would appear a reasoned manner, trying to cast doubt on scientific practices and the like.
Now they've degenerated into the usual believer babble.
<quoted text>
Did you see this?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
When they become ashamed to even suggest such legislation, or admit aloud that they believe in creationism, i.e., when Christians are closeted.
We don't have to use fear or moral outrage like the Christians did to us. We can do it with just contempt and ridicule. Let them be unheard and disrespected as we were, but not scapegoated or demonized.
Then they'll stop.
And what right do we have to do that? They're trying to damage the nation, whether in the science classes, the gynecologist's office, the pharmacy, or anywhere else. That gives every secular American just cause to denounce them.
As a militant atheist, I'm doing my part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Only insane mental midgets still beleive and follow any religion. Us sane educated people dont follow religion and its hate filled racist bigoted ways.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
It's so hard to be a good muslima these days...
www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/...
<quoted text>
What I find unbelievable is why any european woman would want to marry into that (shakes head). I really think they dont know what they are letting themselves into.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
Only insane mental midgets still beleive and follow any religion. Us sane educated people dont follow religion and its hate filled racist bigoted ways.
Upbringing has a lot to do with. Childhood indoctrination is very powerful way to spread religion.
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find unbelievable is why any european woman would want to marry into that (shakes head). I really think they dont know what they are letting themselves into.
Hmmmm, Stupid girls as thick as two short planks could explain it!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

<quoted text>
To learn. To learn about the dangers of the Roman Catholic church and organized religion.
"Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence In The House of God" Documentary Blames Vatican For Poor Handling Of Catholic Sexual Abuse Case
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/mea-...
Oh, sure! People who want to learn about it read books. People who want watch it are voyeuristic perverts, ya scumbag!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
There are other bills in Montana and Oklahoma. The Colorado bill just died in committee.
http://rt.com/usa/news/us-creationism-bill-ed...
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013...
Thanks. I just forwarded the first link to our local freethinkers group - about seventy strong now and not yet a year old. They were the ones who alerted mt to the Missouri legislation.

Networking.

The Internet has facilitated that by an order of magnitude. Mrs. Aint likes to put this stuff on Facebook. We saw the Sam Harris stuff being shared here, and the Mea Maxima Culpa stuff.
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Whatever happened to my England?????

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about absolutes. I said the Ten Commandments have influenced our laws as well as our culture.
I'd be a liar if I said that Christianity hasn't influenced Europe's and thus America's identity.

However, let's not forget that social and intellectual forces opposed to organised religion have also influenced our culture.

Still, I'm pleased to see that you don't accept the Ten Commandments as absolute rules.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
Oh, sure! People who want to learn about it read books. People who want watch it are voyeuristic perverts, ya scumbag!
Blow me.

That was going to be my response, but then I decided to soften it a little:

God bless you.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame attempts at comedy won't disquise the fact that science doesn't have an answer.
Does your religion have an answer for Ghwpqxlyop?

My guess is, it doesn't.
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

No I admit I didn't, because I was searching on "Thinking".
Yours is a great post. The 3 stages of so many fundie posts:
1. Attempt (but fail) to destabilise the scientific method without admitting you're on a religious crusade.
2. Say we all need their religion. Fail again.
3. F**k off crying and threatening damnation.
<quoted text>
Did you see this?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
If a scientist told you to leap off the nearest cliff to adjust a chemical imbalance, would you do it?
I'll have a go at answering that one.

No, I certainly wouldn't - because, it would most likely prove to be fatal.

There - that's my honest answer.

Your turn now....

Would you obey your god if he ordered you to slit the throat of the child next door?
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

You abandoned it?
Brit Expat wrote:
Whatever happened to my England?????
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

A strong desire to be awkward, unhelpful and undesirable?
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Klandathu is the collective name for Afghanistan, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
As a militant atheist, I'm doing my part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 224,602
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 47 min CunningLinguist 229
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 257
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr CunningLinguist 28
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••