Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,260

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#12239 Feb 5, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You are made in the image of God. You are spirit made flesh, or god-stuff incarnate. If you would know God then study yourself... both objectively and subjectively.
Which one? There are so many, Zeus, Woden, Yahweh, Allah, Hindu gods?

Doesnt it make more sense that gods are made in the image of us?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#12240 Feb 5, 2013
Ok let me slow this down because obviously your IQ and reading comprehension are on par with a Christhole preacher spunk gulper.

Why... Should... Anyone... Care... What.... Darwin's.... Personal.... Beliefs.... On... God/s...were?

You sound like a low IQ spunk spittoon.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Seriously. I find your obsession with oral sex downright hilarious. Somebody is obviously going without. You may wanna look into that.
I just said that! Gah! Not once have I failed to acknowledge the fact that atheism has nothing to do with evolution. To point a fact, atheism has nothing to do with Charles Darwin either. But belief in God does. Seeing as how he was a devout believer for the majority of his life. It wasn't until the end of it that his beliefs became more agnostic. I feel like a broken record over here.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12241 Feb 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is their *opinion*. You see, an opinion is something that is personal. A fact is something that is not dependent on a particular person's beleifs.
Scientific theories are not facts and yet you believe them.

Lexington, KY

#12242 Feb 5, 2013
Sheesh email your preacher pray to your Jewsus and calm down. You are really making a jackass out of yourself now.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Melt-down? What melt-down?
Do you get a bonus every time you call someone godbot perhaps?
Because you never stop! Apart from demonstrating your immaturity, what do you expect from it?
So, you are and atheist, and some people are not atheist.
What's the fucking big deal there?
Haven't you yet come to term with the fact that people are DIFFERENT, they also have DIFFERENT opinions. Or are you too childish to realise that?
It's about time you grow up, instead of calling any passer-by godbot...
Do you expect to convince anyone by attacking their beliefs?
Has it worked yet?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12243 Feb 5, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that, you simply assume as much because you choose to disbelieve.
It's not an assumption; it's a rational conclusion.

We KNOW religious delusions exist.
We do NOT know legitimate religious experiences exist.

So, given a claim, it is always more reasonable to explain it as a delusion.

Lexington, KY

#12244 Feb 5, 2013
God-stuff..... God-stuff.... We are made of god-stuff....

..... Ladies and gentlemen I think we have found an idiot Christhole who's stupidity reaches new uncharted depths.
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You are made in the image of God. You are spirit made flesh, or god-stuff incarnate. If you would know God then study yourself... both objectively and subjectively.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#12245 Feb 5, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
What science understands only works in physical reality, but does not work in non-physical reality. It is only those who ignore the greater mental dimensions of reality who are unable to comprehend them....
Show some evidence that a "non-physical reality" exists beyond your imagination.
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Which doesn't explain why atheists learn heavily on scientific explanations to justify their assertion that God can't exist because they lack a belief in God.
We don't. Theists claim there is one or more deities. Atheists deny the theistic claim made without evidence. It's really that simple.

You claim Shiva exist. I doubt your claim and await evidence.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12246 Feb 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? There are so many, Zeus, Woden, Yahweh, Allah, Hindu gods?
Doesnt it make more sense that gods are made in the image of us?
Only when you don't understand the use of metaphors in transcendent thought.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#12247 Feb 5, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
NO. I have confidence in them in direct proportion to the amount of available independently verified evidence in support of them.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#12248 Feb 5, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Journalists following tips.
Journalists?

You put your trust in journalists rather than scientists?

All they're trying to do is to sell papers and many have no scruples about how they do it:

http://davidgold.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/201...

http://tinselman.typepad.com/photos/uncategor...

Wild and crazy stuff is popular - you just have to look at how many millions believe in magic and superstitious mumbo jumbo (that includes religion).

Forget the journalists, it's the scientists who put paid to the fraudsters. After all, who demonstrated that Piltdown Man was a hoax?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#12249 Feb 5, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories are our best possible explanations.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12250 Feb 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
God-stuff..... God-stuff.... We are made of god-stuff....
..... Ladies and gentlemen I think we have found an idiot Christhole who's stupidity reaches new uncharted depths.
<quoted text>
Or the narrow minded atheist whose skewed world view is scraping the bottom of the barrel of human ignorance.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12251 Feb 5, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Show some evidence that a "non-physical reality" exists beyond your imagination.
<quoted text>
We don't. Theists claim there is one or more deities. Atheists deny the theistic claim made without evidence. It's really that simple.
You claim Shiva exist. I doubt your claim and await evidence.
Refer to post #12246
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12252 Feb 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories are our best possible explanations.
For physical reality.

Lexington, KY

#12253 Feb 5, 2013
You mean use your imagination. So you were saying we are made of god-stuff yes? Lol!
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when you don't understand the use of metaphors in transcendent thought.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12254 Feb 5, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an assumption; it's a rational conclusion.
We KNOW religious delusions exist.
Your rational conclusion is only an opinion.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
We do NOT know legitimate religious experiences exist.
If you have never experienced transcendent events, how would you know such experiences do not exist and are not legitimate?
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So, given a claim, it is always more reasonable to explain it as a delusion.
Only if you an atheist who needs to justify your disbelief.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12255 Feb 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You mean use your imagination. So you were saying we are made of god-stuff yes? Lol!
<quoted text>
That which is beyond the ordinary range of human comprehension cannot be objectified...hence the necessity for metaphors.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12256 Feb 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yet you were the one bashing evolution and using the term evolutionist. It seems you are having trouble keeping up with your own Bullsht.
<quoted text>
This is just one example where the adage I posted, and some know-alls on here shot-down a while ago, applies,= "Good liars need even better memories."
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#12257 Feb 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Journalists?
You put your trust in journalists rather than scientists?
All they're trying to do is to sell papers and many have no scruples about how they do it:
http://davidgold.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/201...
http://tinselman.typepad.com/photos/uncategor...
Wild and crazy stuff is popular - you just have to look at how many millions believe in magic and superstitious mumbo jumbo (that includes religion).
Forget the journalists, it's the scientists who put paid to the fraudsters. After all, who demonstrated that Piltdown Man was a hoax?
If the story had not been reported in the newspapers, no one would have known it was a hoax. It would have remained one of science's dirty little secrets.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#12258 Feb 5, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
How can there be physical evidence for that which is non-physical? To expect it is not only irrational but ludicrous.
And to believe without evidence is also illogical and ludicrous. The conclusion? There is no such thing as a 'non-physical reality'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Aura Mytha 233,113
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 56 min Morse 2,615
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr SnuffAGlobalist 18
$13.5m for jehovah’s witness sex victim 5 hr P_Smith 2
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 5 hr P_Smith 9
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Morse 1,455
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr thetruth 168
More from around the web