Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 577)

Showing posts 11,521 - 11,540 of20,868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. That is how science polices itself. And this is exactly what *should* happen.
Scientific peer review when ultimately tilted towards positive results, invites misconduct and dishonesty. Pharmaceutical companies for instance, have little interest in publishing results that aren’t favorable. They don’t want to see a null result. Researchers therefore engage in “significance chasing,” or interpreting data so it passes the statistical test of significance. Validating a hypothesis is all the more gratifying if there’s financial gain to be made.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just this sort of thinking that imprisons science, limits its comprehension of reality.
No, that is exactly what has freed science from the shackles of superstition and myth.
The religious know that life is a spiritual unfolding that is both transcendent and personal.
No, that is their *opinion*. You see, an opinion is something that is personal. A fact is something that is not dependent on a particular person's beleifs.
They don't need science to tell them it is real, they have experience.
Whoop-de-do! They have an *experience*! An experience does not imply reality! Take any person on LSD and ask what their experiences are and then ask if they are 'real'. The answer is that the *experience* is a real process in the brain, but what they experience never happened.
The same is true for the religious: they have real experiences, but they interpret these experiences as being from as supernatural, when they are natural processes in the brain.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Calm down spunk spittoon I never said you could have a slurp down there. You said the pentacle originated with the Jewsus myth and you were wrong. You being wrong is nothing new you Christholes tend to be wrong often just like your preacher and family were wrong for making you swallow man spunk as a child I do hope you take legal action and get professional help for what those Christians did to you.

Regardless of how people used it throughout the years it did not originate with the Jewsus myth gospels as you claimed,so you were wrong. Is it sinking through the layers? Sheesh you really are thick as pig sht!
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obsessed with this whole bj thing aren't you? lol Is somebody's sex life lacking? Poor little narcissistic atheist. A pentagram is enclosed in a circle. The synonym for which is pentacle.(Yet another thing I never thought I'd hear myself arguing about) Many many people have used this symbol throughout history for many different reasons. Unless, of course, you want to call wikipedia a liar too, you arrogant atheisthole.
Here. Educate yourself.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they have delusion, which is evidenced by the fact that their experiences are contradictory.
You don't know that, you simply assume as much because you choose to disbelieve.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
If that is so, why are their gods always so very limited?
All the gods I hear about seem very interested in the toilet functions of things they allegedly created, or defeated by iron chariots, or get tired, or bored, or require food or prayer.
Science seems limitless in comparison.
<quoted text>
Hearing about spirituality is not the same as experiencing it. Try it sometime, you might like it.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence of this 'non-physical reality.' Without evidence, it *should* be ignored.
<quoted text>
No, it only shows why particular beliefs about God are wrong: such as the Genesis story.
How can there be physical evidence for that which is non-physical? To expect it is not only irrational but ludicrous.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You are made in the image of God. You are spirit made flesh, or god-stuff incarnate. If you would know God then study yourself... both objectively and subjectively.
Which one? There are so many, Zeus, Woden, Yahweh, Allah, Hindu gods?

Doesnt it make more sense that gods are made in the image of us?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Ok let me slow this down because obviously your IQ and reading comprehension are on par with a Christhole preacher spunk gulper.

Why... Should... Anyone... Care... What.... Darwin's.... Personal.... Beliefs.... On... God/s...were?

You sound like a low IQ spunk spittoon.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Seriously. I find your obsession with oral sex downright hilarious. Somebody is obviously going without. You may wanna look into that.
I just said that! Gah! Not once have I failed to acknowledge the fact that atheism has nothing to do with evolution. To point a fact, atheism has nothing to do with Charles Darwin either. But belief in God does. Seeing as how he was a devout believer for the majority of his life. It wasn't until the end of it that his beliefs became more agnostic. I feel like a broken record over here.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is their *opinion*. You see, an opinion is something that is personal. A fact is something that is not dependent on a particular person's beleifs.
Scientific theories are not facts and yet you believe them.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Sheesh email your preacher pray to your Jewsus and calm down. You are really making a jackass out of yourself now.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Melt-down? What melt-down?
Do you get a bonus every time you call someone godbot perhaps?
Because you never stop! Apart from demonstrating your immaturity, what do you expect from it?
So, you are and atheist, and some people are not atheist.
What's the fucking big deal there?
Haven't you yet come to term with the fact that people are DIFFERENT, they also have DIFFERENT opinions. Or are you too childish to realise that?
It's about time you grow up, instead of calling any passer-by godbot...
Do you expect to convince anyone by attacking their beliefs?
Has it worked yet?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that, you simply assume as much because you choose to disbelieve.
It's not an assumption; it's a rational conclusion.

We KNOW religious delusions exist.
We do NOT know legitimate religious experiences exist.

So, given a claim, it is always more reasonable to explain it as a delusion.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

God-stuff..... God-stuff.... We are made of god-stuff....

..... Ladies and gentlemen I think we have found an idiot Christhole who's stupidity reaches new uncharted depths.
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You are made in the image of God. You are spirit made flesh, or god-stuff incarnate. If you would know God then study yourself... both objectively and subjectively.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
What science understands only works in physical reality, but does not work in non-physical reality. It is only those who ignore the greater mental dimensions of reality who are unable to comprehend them....
Show some evidence that a "non-physical reality" exists beyond your imagination.
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Which doesn't explain why atheists learn heavily on scientific explanations to justify their assertion that God can't exist because they lack a belief in God.
We don't. Theists claim there is one or more deities. Atheists deny the theistic claim made without evidence. It's really that simple.

You claim Shiva exist. I doubt your claim and await evidence.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? There are so many, Zeus, Woden, Yahweh, Allah, Hindu gods?
Doesnt it make more sense that gods are made in the image of us?
Only when you don't understand the use of metaphors in transcendent thought.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
NO. I have confidence in them in direct proportion to the amount of available independently verified evidence in support of them.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Journalists following tips.
Journalists?

You put your trust in journalists rather than scientists?

All they're trying to do is to sell papers and many have no scruples about how they do it:

http://davidgold.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/201...

http://tinselman.typepad.com/photos/uncategor...

Wild and crazy stuff is popular - you just have to look at how many millions believe in magic and superstitious mumbo jumbo (that includes religion).

Forget the journalists, it's the scientists who put paid to the fraudsters. After all, who demonstrated that Piltdown Man was a hoax?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories are our best possible explanations.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
God-stuff..... God-stuff.... We are made of god-stuff....
..... Ladies and gentlemen I think we have found an idiot Christhole who's stupidity reaches new uncharted depths.
<quoted text>
Or the narrow minded atheist whose skewed world view is scraping the bottom of the barrel of human ignorance.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Show some evidence that a "non-physical reality" exists beyond your imagination.
<quoted text>
We don't. Theists claim there is one or more deities. Atheists deny the theistic claim made without evidence. It's really that simple.
You claim Shiva exist. I doubt your claim and await evidence.
Refer to post #12246
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories are our best possible explanations.
For physical reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,521 - 11,540 of20,868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••