Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
11,221 - 11,240 of 21,400 Comments Last updated Sunday

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!
I just cannot believe the intolerent fanaticism of these atheist activists. What do they fear now?
You don't live here in the US.

The hategodbots such as the one you so much agree with (proving pretty much what a lying little god-lover you are) are bent on forcing their horrid beliefs into law.

Against the constitution, of course.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean that, unlike you, I tolerate religions and don't seek to destroy them, I plead guilty.
I don't feel any right to stop people in their beliefs, which are mostly harmless.
You're just another lying godbot, pretending.

I've seen your ilk on Topix in the past.

You aren't fooling anyone.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't live here in the US.
The hategodbots such as the one you so much agree with (proving pretty much what a lying little god-lover you are) are bent on forcing their horrid beliefs into law.
Against the constitution, of course.
That's right, I do not live in the USA, thanks god for that !(pun intended to annoy you!!)

What on hearts the "hategodbots" have forced on you in America?

So, for you tolerating someone is agreeing with him? To me it's just being plainly civilised.

Wow, I am so glad to live in a tolerant country!
Anti-religion fanatics soiund just as bad as religiuous fanatics.

Smell the coffee and get a life!!!
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're just another lying godbot, pretending.
I've seen your ilk on Topix in the past.
You aren't fooling anyone.
Yeah, whatever you say...

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism - The theory or BELIEF that God does not exist.(google it) There most certainly is scientific evidence that God is real. Look it up. I ain't doing your work for you. However there is NO SCIENTIFIC evidence to prove that God does not exist. It's not possible. You just can't do it. The mere BELIEF that God does not exist is a BELIEF within itself. Ergo you are a hypocrite.
Okey Dokey then. Come up with just ONE scientific proof of a god.
Don't just duck out again, don't dodge once you've made the claim.
Cite one reliable scientific proof and I'll research it as best as I can.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh!
Here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/richa...
And here
http://realtruth.org/articles/070601-006-teog...
And here
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazine/j11/gos...
And here
http://scientificproofofgod.net/
And if I knew how to post the YouTube videos on here I would post those too.
You are free to choose to believe whatever you want, but don't say the proof isn't there. Because it is.
Now can someone PLEASE answer my teeny tiny little question: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
Oh dear, this is all very pathetic. To scientifically prove a god, we just have to redefine science (outdated definitions) or study Einstein (who was NOT a theist) or drop science altogether and accept one man's definition of 'logic'....I really thought....nah, nevermind.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a cult.
Yup. One of those cults that displays no traits of a cult.

1. the leader is charismatic and often militaristically demanding
Nope. No leader.

2. the leader is always right
Nope. No leader.

3. elitism, the leaders treated as royalty or a sense of awe, hierarchical, authoritarian power structure
Nope. No leader.

4. lower members get no respect, or get abused
Nope. No hierarchy.

5. leader is not held accountable for his actions or the actions of his authority structure
Nope. No leader.

6. leader will not tolerate or receive criticism, but leader criticizes all others
Nope. No leader.

7. there is no exit
Nope. There isn't even a collection of members, much less any enforcement of membership.

8. if members exit they are considered rebellious, out of the will of a higher power or the leader
Nope. No one cares if people leave atheism and no leader.

9. members do not have any association with members that have left the group
Nope. No shunning.

10. there are no graduates from the “program” or group, just deserters or evil people
Nope. None viewed that way.

11. there is cult speak (a language many others can not understand)
Nope. No special language.

12. personal attacks on critics or those who are not in the group
Nope. Arguments made based on issues at hand.

13. solidarity within themselves, no outside allegiance or association
Nope. No solidarity.

14. use of guilt to manipulate members
Nope.

15. the leaders of group are self absorbed
Nope. No leaders.

16. instant community
Nope. Very little community at all.

17. members unable to tell the truth
Nope.

18. money grubbing
Nope. No money involved at all.

19. newcomers don’t “think right” and need to be trained
Nope. No training.

20. system of punishment and reward
Nope. No punishments or rewards.

21. intrusiveness
Nope. No intrusion whatsoever.

22. sense of powerless, dependency, covert fear, guilt
Nope.

23. members and leaders are imbalanced or mentally ill
Nope.

24. thought stopping language, clichés, or slogans
Nope.

25. demands of ultra loyalty or ultra trust in the groups process and others
Nope.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the evidence in Stalin's "show trials" that resulted in the deaths of thousands and not just fourteen women and five men.
Another little question, was Stalin advancing the cause of atheism or was he advancing the cause of Stalin?

And Stalin was a member of the Russian Orthodox Church to the day he died.....ahhhhhh, now just what was your point?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You atheists are a hypocritical lot. You claim that fantasies about superhuman beings are a waste of time. You will thumb your noses at Jesus as superstition, and then log onto World of Warcraft so you can pretend to be an orc for hours.
Don't do those things myself, but even if I did at least I would KNOW I was pretending. It's called entertainment.

You, for instance, would think it was a REAL world, lol.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Not by a long shot, I can tell you.
Keep taking your dreams for reality.
Religionists (and I am not one of them BTW) are still the majority on the planet.
Might makes right, eh?

Do you ever read your drivel before you post it?

We should keep religion because people like ceremonies???? You assume there has to be a religious connotation to every celebration?

You are a dolt.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean that, unlike you, I tolerate religions and don't seek to destroy them, I plead guilty.
I don't feel any right to stop people in their beliefs, which are mostly harmless.
1. Enabler and most likely participant.

2. Falsehoods are NEVER harmless.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, I'm experienced at godbot persecution.
For example: you god-robots are hell-bent on stripping women's rights in the US.
For example: you hategodbots are always against equal rights for gay folk-- you would strip all rights away, if you could.
For example: you hategodbots are tying to push your evil creationism into public education.
I'd say you hate-filled theists are still very much in charge.
If, if, if. Your fear of Christians gives them more power than they actually have!

Science rules the academic world with an iron fist. It is insane to fret about the possibility of creationism being taught in elementary schools. Until creationism actually invades science departments at the collegiate level, it is simply irrational and unnecessary to berate Christians for what has not happened. Instead of reacting to what if's, try reacting to what is.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't do those things myself, but even if I did at least I would KNOW I was pretending. It's called entertainment.
You, for instance, would think it was a REAL world, lol.
Which is the real delusion? The theist does not say he knows with certainty that God exists, he says he believes it. His belief in God therefore does not demand proof since it is based on faith. The atheist, on the other hand, claims to be quite certain that there is no god. Since he claims to be contemptuous of unsupported belief, he must provide some firm foundation for his “knowledge." This he can never do. If there are no proofs that God or gods exist, there are also no proofs they do not exist. The atheist is just as unscientific as he claims the theist is. His stance is just as mired in belief as the theist. The atheist needs to realize that atheism is a belief just as firmly planted in irrationality, in ego and desire, as it claims theism is. Atheism has no proof and no possible proof. It is unscientific. Like all human beliefs, it is conjecture based on a hunch.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. One of those cults that displays no traits of a cult.
1. the leader is charismatic and often militaristically demanding
Nope. No leader.
2. the leader is always right
Nope. No leader.
3. elitism, the leaders treated as royalty or a sense of awe, hierarchical, authoritarian power structure
Nope. No leader.
4. lower members get no respect, or get abused
Nope. No hierarchy.
5. leader is not held accountable for his actions or the actions of his authority structure
Nope. No leader.
6. leader will not tolerate or receive criticism, but leader criticizes all others
Nope. No leader.
7. there is no exit
Nope. There isn't even a collection of members, much less any enforcement of membership.
8. if members exit they are considered rebellious, out of the will of a higher power or the leader
Nope. No one cares if people leave atheism and no leader.
9. members do not have any association with members that have left the group
Nope. No shunning.
10. there are no graduates from the “program” or group, just deserters or evil people
Nope. None viewed that way.
11. there is cult speak (a language many others can not understand)
Nope. No special language.
12. personal attacks on critics or those who are not in the group
Nope. Arguments made based on issues at hand.
13. solidarity within themselves, no outside allegiance or association
Nope. No solidarity.
14. use of guilt to manipulate members
Nope.
15. the leaders of group are self absorbed
Nope. No leaders.
16. instant community
Nope. Very little community at all.
17. members unable to tell the truth
Nope.
18. money grubbing
Nope. No money involved at all.
19. newcomers don’t “think right” and need to be trained
Nope. No training.
20. system of punishment and reward
Nope. No punishments or rewards.
21. intrusiveness
Nope. No intrusion whatsoever.
22. sense of powerless, dependency, covert fear, guilt
Nope.
23. members and leaders are imbalanced or mentally ill
Nope.
24. thought stopping language, clichés, or slogans
Nope.
25. demands of ultra loyalty or ultra trust in the groups process and others
Nope.
Atheism is a cult of reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Reason

What they haven't figured out yet is that their elevation above the ignorant masses is not nearly as great as they imagine, since their theories are slender reeds, not marble columns.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
Any philosophy based on the idea that something comes from nothing is a philosphy of absurdity.
Really?

"before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me"

Isaiah 43:10

In other words, there was nothing before your god because that's exactly what the Bible tells us was there before him.

By your own definition, your religion is a philosophy of absurdity.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Another little question, was Stalin advancing the cause of atheism or was he advancing the cause of Stalin?
And Stalin was a member of the Russian Orthodox Church to the day he died.....ahhhhhh, now just what was your point?
"One day [Stalin] and some friends ... lay on the grass in town talking about the injustice of there being rich and poor when he amazed all of them by suddenly saying,'God's not unjust, he doesn't actually exist. We've been deceived. If God existed, he'd had made the world more just.'[His friend exclaimed:]'How can you say such things!'...'I'll lend you a book and you'll see.' He presented [his friend] with a copy of Darwin." - Simon Sebag Montefiore
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

British Expat wrote:
Religious monkeys are the root of all evil, that is a FACT!
Sadly for the moment the human monkey is "easily led". But live in hope. Intellegence might yet surpass superstition?
Capitalism needs religions for its propaganda. In the nuclear age this can be the end of humanity!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are barking up the wrong tree here; I am not defending religion, just passing on observations. People like religious ceremonies, and many would not break from these traditions, that it irritates you or not.
I am not talking about myself, but in most families, christening, marrage and burial in church/temple are important events, they will not give up, even if their "faith" faded long time away.
Tax exemption on religious ground (which is what yopu imply) maybe something you have in the States, but for us in Britain, it's a completely alien concept.
Very sorry: but not religion is the main issue in the atomic age, yet the extermination by the human race. The danger in the capitalist era is enorm!

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism needs religions for its propaganda. In the nuclear age this can be the end of humanity!
Very funny.

I haven't ever noticed religious doctrine included in any television commercials.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
"One day [Stalin] and some friends ... lay on the grass in town talking about the injustice of there being rich and poor when he amazed all of them by suddenly saying,'God's not unjust, he doesn't actually exist. We've been deceived. If God existed, he'd had made the world more just.'[His friend exclaimed:]'How can you say such things!'...'I'll lend you a book and you'll see.' He presented [his friend] with a copy of Darwin." - Simon Sebag Montefiore
Your point being...?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••