Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 555)

Showing posts 11,081 - 11,100 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're just disagreeing with facts.
Honestly whatever I choose to agree with or not agree with isn't the real issue here. Truthfully, I am entitled to believe any way I choose. Those choices, which are my own, have absolutely no affect on you. Just like yours have no affect on me. They shouldn't bother you so much.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go. Nicely stated.
This is a wonderful video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch... [Your faith is a joke ]
And another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch... [Why does faith deserve respect?]
I broadly agree with many of Pat Condell's views, but not necessarily the way he expresses them.

Do you know why he is so averse to Dutch courts? "..faith disqualifies reason the way a Dutch criminal court discredits disqualifies truth and witnesses"?(3mins :30secs)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So basically you have no response to the post, but you are willing to act like a even bigger dipshit because I responded in kind to yours?

Anger is not my way, but please understand that when and if I ever have any anger, I will be the one to decide where to guide it to.

Reach for it, whatever you've got, bring it and I will still treat you like a speciman to either be examined, or maybe even mocked.
*chuckles* Which is precisely your problem. I am not a specimen. I am not intended to be examined under anyone's microscope. I am a living breathing human being. I have my own thoughts, my own emotions, my own beliefs. None of which make me a dipshit. Quite frankly I find your hostility to be uncalled for and utterly unenlightened. Insults are the lowest form of dialog. Which is exactly why I'm not choosing to resort to them. I'm not low. So, yeah, I very much so responded to your post. Was it with facts? No Then again I don't need them to describe why I believe what I believe. That should be enough. If you can't be okay with the idea of someone thinking or believing contrary to you then that's really your problem isn't it? Guide your anger in any way you choose. That's all you. It still has no business on my doorstep.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I've agreed to nothing.
Fortunately for you, you don't have to. Nor do I. Moving on.
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

You posted that zombies can be caused by witchcraft.
I think, with the access to education we have today, that makes you a moron.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly whatever I choose to agree with or not agree with isn't the real issue here. Truthfully, I am entitled to believe any way I choose. Those choices, which are my own, have absolutely no affect on you. Just like yours have no affect on me. They shouldn't bother you so much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So no evidence to prove any of it? That is what we have come to expect. It seems the repetition is endless, some diversity would be nice. Could you maybe act like a bible believer and tell us why your god would need to threaten parents with being forced to et their children, or why he just didn't not put the Satan/snake in the garden with his innocent children? He knew what was going to happen, and he decided that he loved those children enough to hand about 90% of them, or so to the Satan snake later.

Of course he shows himself .... in toast and in the book. No whhere else ever.
I don't make it a point to speak for God. Or anyone else for that matter. I can only speak for myself. I don't feel the need to analyze him. There is no scientific process to belief. It can't be dissected or analyzed under a microscope. You either believe or you don't. It's your choice to make either way.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*chuckles* Which is precisely your problem. I am not a specimen. I am not intended to be examined under anyone's microscope.I am a living breathing human being. I have my own thoughts, my own emotions, my own beliefs. None of which make me a dipshit.
Actually the fact that you're here to try to convert atheists in the atheist forum is what makes you a dipsh*t.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>Quite frankly I find your hostility to be uncalled for and utterly unenlightened. Insults are the lowest form of dialog. Which is exactly why I'm not choosing to resort to them. I'm not low.
I will give you a box of big black markers so you can cross out the parts in your copies of the bible where it says all atheists are fools and abominable. Talk about arrogant & unenlightened...read your damn book from time to time idiot.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, yeah, I very much so responded to your post. Was it with facts? No Then again I don't need them to describe why I believe what I believe.
No you don't need facts, because you're a proven liar lying about a god that isn't real or there at all.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text> That should be enough. If you can't be okay with the idea of someone thinking or believing contrary to you then that's really your problem isn't it? Guide your anger in any way you choose. That's all you. It still has no business on my doorstep.
Its fine for you to believe whatever you like. The problem is when you enter an atheist forum lying about a god you have no proof of.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*chuckles* Which is precisely your problem. I am not a specimen. I am not intended to be examined under anyone's microscope. I am a living breathing human being. I have my own thoughts, my own emotions, my own beliefs. None of which make me a dipshit. Quite frankly I find your hostility to be uncalled for and utterly unenlightened. Insults are the lowest form of dialog. Which is exactly why I'm not choosing to resort to them. I'm not low. So, yeah, I very much so responded to your post. Was it with facts? No Then again I don't need them to describe why I believe what I believe. That should be enough. If you can't be okay with the idea of someone thinking or believing contrary to you then that's really your problem isn't it? Guide your anger in any way you choose. That's all you. It still has no business on my doorstep.
Actually, you are a specimen, you are always being studied by someone the moment you post anything online or see a medical professional. All living things usually become specimens to us humans, we're curious like that. However, online you become a specimen of a different sort. Each of your words, typos, errors, and reactions to these things becomes part of your profile, eventually those who read enough of your posts will develop a full personality profile of you. Some of us are actually ... well trained in this, but everyone does it. You see, everything you do online is under a microscope, simply because we can.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Opinions are not facts. Sorry.
It's not my job to provide you with facts. That's just lazy. Nobody ever came to enlightenment by sitting on their @ss. My belief never belonged under a microscope in the first please. You cannot scientifically analyze a person's belief. I have the right to my own opinion just like everyone else. The difference is I can respect yours even if I don't agree with it. Even if I believe it to be illogical. The fact that you can't do the same is not on me. That's all you, brother.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Thinking wrote:
You posted that zombies can be caused by witchcraft.
I think, with the access to education we have today, that makes you a moron.
<quoted text>
Makes him dangerously insane, actually. How long before he stabs or shoots one of these "zombies?" A poster child for why delusions must be treated.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my job to provide you with facts. That's just lazy. Nobody ever came to enlightenment by sitting on their @ss. My belief never belonged under a microscope in the first please. You cannot scientifically analyze a person's belief. I have the right to my own opinion just like everyone else. The difference is I can respect yours even if I don't agree with it. Even if I believe it to be illogical. The fact that you can't do the same is not on me. That's all you, brother.
Believing in something without evidence suggesting it is fantasy. Believing that your fantasy is fact is delusion. You crossed the line from fantasy to delusion a long time ago, and that means you are a possible threat to the safety of those around you. You gave up the right to not be analyzed when you did that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Two opinions zero facts.:) anyways you left out the part in this myth where Elijah had each and every non believer in Yahweh killed after the magic trick.

Why did you leave out the wholesale slaughter like that? It is after all what your god commanded.

Your same god sent bears to maul children for calling his prophet bald head.
I can read the Bible just as well as you can. Honestly, the point of what I was saying is that I don't feel the need to speak for God. Which is why I stopped where I did. Because it had nothing to do with what I was trying to say. Not to mention it would just be confusing to anyone who hasn't read the rest of the book. It's funny to me how some people, not just atheists, take a passage of scripture or even a quote from a book they've read and manipulate that text in an attempt to prove their point. If you're going to scrutinize it so heavily, then at least take the time to read all of it. I don't deny the presence of violence in the Bible. But if you're not gonna take the time to look at it as a whole from an objective point of view, then don't waste your time sitting around and judging it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Great. There is already too much hatred for unbelievers in the Christian community. It isn't your world any more.

Lol You took what I said completely out of context in a pathetic attempt to manipulate it into proving your point. That's just low. Not to mention lazy and uncivilized.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the fact that you're here to try to convert atheists in the atheist forum is what makes you a dipsh*t.
<quoted text>
I will give you a box of big black markers so you can cross out the parts in your copies of the bible where it says all atheists are fools and abominable. Talk about arrogant & unenlightened...read your damn book from time to time idiot.
funny post. I like the black markers comment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Respect?

I don't respect your beliefs. I don't respect faith, and I especially don't respect Christianity or its church.

When did that church ever respect unbelievers? Now you want it from us? Christianity deserves no respect because it offers none.

After centuries of calling us fools, vile, abominations, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and fit to be dropped into fire still conscious, what exactly are you hoping for now?

Sorry, but I've waited a long time to be able to express how I feel about your religion - how it has maligned, dehumanized and marginalized people like me for the audacity to question it. At long last, we have a safe way to tell you what we think, and in my case at least, respect is not a part of the message.
This isn't about respect for religion at all. It's about respect for a fellow human being. I don't respect your views just because they are views. I respect the human being whose views they are. I don't agree with your lack of belief either. That doesn't mean I have the right to condemn you for It. That's just having good manners. You do believe in morals right?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read the Bible just as well as you can. Honestly, the point of what I was saying is that I don't feel the need to speak for God. Which is why I stopped where I did. Because it had nothing to do with what I was trying to say. Not to mention it would just be confusing to anyone who hasn't read the rest of the book. It's funny to me how some people, not just atheists, take a passage of scripture or even a quote from a book they've read and manipulate that text in an attempt to prove their point. If you're going to scrutinize it so heavily, then at least take the time to read all of it. I don't deny the presence of violence in the Bible. But if you're not gonna take the time to look at it as a whole from an objective point of view, then don't waste your time sitting around and judging it.
So ... you stone non-believers and children. Good that you admit that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>This post (and the next one) show you are either a Poe or that you cannot read for meaning. What you quoted is a *parody* of the arguments used to prove the existence of God. It was a *joke*. It was showing what is *wrong* with the standard arguments for the existence of God.

Now, go back and *read* what you copied and pasted. Think about what it is saying. If you cannot see that it is a *joke*, then you are incapable of understanding anything other than simple, declarative statements.

On the other hand, if you are a Poe, bravo...you did well.
I was joking. Poe is the man!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, you can't see the irony dripping from the pages? Read what you post.
Haha Dude, I INTENDED the irony. It's funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Masterful examples of religious 'reasoning'.

Uh...humor. Duh!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Your god has failed to heal one person. There is zero record of "faith" or "prayer" healing anyone. None. Science heals, your god kills, yet you revere your god and bash science. Your faith is weak, if you truly had faith, you'd walk into the desert with nothing, not even clothing, and wander there for 40 days and 40 nights. I know you won't, ever, because you know your religion is nothing but a delusion.
Honestly, I'm not even gonna go there. Have fun with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,081 - 11,100 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Richardfs 151
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Richardfs 223,976
How anti-atheist stigma affects the mental heal... 5 hr NightSerf 1
A Really Good Thing 6 hr NightSerf 1
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 6 hr Richardfs 2
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Richardfs 830
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 12 hr religionisillness 349
•••
•••