Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 546)

Showing posts 10,901 - 10,920 of20,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Großengottern, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern civilization? Sure. But the whole race? Doubtful. Highly, highly doubtful. People are too widespread, too many, and too hardy to kill off that easily.
is a logic
Oh yes! In the nuclear age the possibility of extermination of humankind in a capitalistic society is very real! Even if there is no nuclear war, the AKWs are able to cause the extermination of the human race.
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

I agree. It would be a case of life being made more shitty rather than game over. Much like wearing a burkha!
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern civilization? Sure. But the whole race? Doubtful. Highly, highly doubtful. People are too widespread, too many, and too hardy to kill off that easily.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Where is the proof or evidence to support the "belief" that you have that there is no God?
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

There is no evidence for god(s), therefore no belief seems appropriate.

Everything we have ever discovered has turned out to be "not magic".
01Justsayin wrote:
Where is the proof or evidence to support the "belief" that you have that there is no God?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Mrs Muq: "what would you like for dinner?"

Muq "did you say something? I was thinking of the 72 virgins waiting for me in heaven"

Mrs muq "i'll do you cheese on toast" :D

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>There is no evidence for god(s), therefore no belief seems appropriate.

Everything we have ever discovered has turned out to be "not magic".
Atheism - The theory or BELIEF that God does not exist.(google it) There most certainly is scientific evidence that God is real. Look it up. I ain't doing your work for you. However there is NO SCIENTIFIC evidence to prove that God does not exist. It's not possible. You just can't do it. The mere BELIEF that God does not exist is a BELIEF within itself. Ergo you are a hypocrite.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism - The theory or BELIEF that God does not exist.(google it) There most certainly is scientific evidence that God is real. Look it up. I ain't doing your work for you. However there is NO SCIENTIFIC evidence to prove that God does not exist. It's not possible. You just can't do it. The mere BELIEF that God does not exist is a BELIEF within itself. Ergo you are a hypocrite.
There's no thing scientific about the concept of god.

Its sad that theists are taught to lie about science so much. But what more can you expect from a failed and dying fraudulent cult with no power left in the world?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
Same place where the evidence is that proves a god does exist .... it doesn't exist. If there were gods, there would be evidence of such, but there is no evidence, so no gods. But if you claim gods exist, you are welcome to prove it, with evidence of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>There's no thing scientific about the concept of god.

Its sad that theists are taught to lie about science so much. But what more can you expect from a failed and dying fraudulent cult with no power left in the world?
Sheesh!
Here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/richa...

And here
http://realtruth.org/articles/070601-006-teog...

And here
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazine/j11/gos...

And here
http://scientificproofofgod.net/

And if I knew how to post the YouTube videos on here I would post those too.
You are free to choose to believe whatever you want, but don't say the proof isn't there. Because it is.

Now can someone PLEASE answer my teeny tiny little question: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Same place where the evidence is that proves a god does exist .... it doesn't exist. If there were gods, there would be evidence of such, but there is no evidence, so no gods. But if you claim gods exist, you are welcome to prove it, with evidence of course.
Scroll up, dumbass. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

You're the hypocrite, you quotemining cu*t.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Which god do you say doesn't exist? There are so many.

www.godchecker.com
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll up, dumbass. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that Zeus doesn't exist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>You're the hypocrite, you quotemining cu*t.
ROFL! So much violence and aggression! Wow. I'm not a hypocrite as I know what I believe and why I believe it and I don't engage in the same behaviors I condemn others for. In fact, I don't condemn anyone at all. I just asked a simple question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God is not real? Seriously! So much violence over one little question.
Also, having a c*nt doesn't mean that I am one.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Which god do you say doesn't exist? There are so many.

www.godchecker.com
I never said that God didn't exist. Atheists did. By definition atheism is the theory or belief that God doesn't exist. It doesn't specify which god. It just says God. Back to my question: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God doesn't exist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you that Zeus doesn't exist?
Is Zeus the god whom of which you choose not to believe? Very well. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that god (or Zeus if you like) does not exist?
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

No violence. I saw you call "reason personified" a "dumbass" for no real reason so I have decided what sort of poster you are.

Why did you quotemine the Atheism definition? Because you're a hypocrite.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! So much violence and aggression! Wow. I'm not a hypocrite as I know what I believe and why I believe it and I don't engage in the same behaviors I condemn others for. In fact, I don't condemn anyone at all. I just asked a simple question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God is not real? Seriously! So much violence over one little question.
Also, having a c*nt doesn't mean that I am one.:)
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

"whom of which"? jesus...
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Zeus the god whom of which you choose not to believe? Very well. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that god (or Zeus if you like) does not exist?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse belief with disbelief. You are trying to equate belief in an Abrahamic god(s), Zeus, Santa Claus and pixies with disbelief in them.

One shouldn't believe anything beyond the extent to which the belief can be justified by reason and evidence. I note your links and comments above, but I think this sums it up nicely,(apart from some swearing :-)....
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

The simple fact is that there is no sound reason to believe in any Creationist or Abrahamic god, or any gods in Godchecker.com

Even if there were some entity one might call a 'higher power', there is no reason to suppose she/it favors religion which can lead to behvior like this....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that God didn't exist. Atheists did. By definition atheism is the theory or belief that God doesn't exist. It doesn't specify which god. It just says God. Back to my question: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God doesn't exist?
Which god?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,901 - 10,920 of20,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••