Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 545)

Showing posts 10,881 - 10,900 of20,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

A strange case of Unanimity:

Have you people observed? I have seen recently a strange case of unanimity amongst the various religious groups populating our planet at this time.

Let me elaborate a little:

A. Jews:

They say, we have some "problems" with our scriptures, we are not very sure who actually wrote these books, and we have some problems with practicalability of some of our practices and rituals in current times……

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

B. Christians:

They say "While we are not sure who actually wrote these Gospels and we are not sure how St. Paul got access to Jesus and there are so many sects and denominations in Christianity and we do not know "for sure" which one has "Holy Spirit" inside them and we are not "United on Homosexuality, Abortion, Divorce and a few other burning issues…..

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

C. Hindus:

They say "We have "some problems" on how to define who is Hindu, and we have no central belief system or single scripture, we have so many denominations that we cannot keep track on them, and we just try to pose a united face to outside world….

D. Buddhists:

They say "While we are not sure what were the "original teachings" of Lord Buddha and how they reached down to us and we do not know "who" started this practice of erecting the status of Lord Buddha and worship it, we do not have any code of law so to say…..

E. Sikhs:

They say "We are not really sure that Guru Nanak brought a New religion and we do not have a complete code of law and our Guru Granth Sahib has contributions from many person, and we follow many Hindu laws and ceremonies and their code in our daily life….

F. Modern Materialists:

They say "While we do not support any religious group and we have some reservations about every religion, we see some good things in almost every religion (with the exception of only one religion)…. And we can see the utility of these religions in distant past……

G. Atheists:

They say "All these religions are man made and served needs to some vested interests in their times, they might have saved some socities from disintegration in times gone by……we think most of these religions have served their purpose and have nothing to offer in our times….

(Contd.)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ, all those theist groups are all united in thinking they have the right religion. Yet all those religions are incompatible and teach contradictory things. This just proves one thing. That all religions are man made.

I dont see Islam any different. All religions have the same basic components. They offer comfort. And believers believe them cause its what they are taught to believe in their culture and community.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

"They were amazed to see so much anti Islamic bias in these diverse groups" Christians say the same thing. And you KNOW they are deluded.
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I am now officially the only person on topix to get you to finally admit the trut...above. The above. Certainly not the truth.
The bible in the last 1500 years or so is full of fakes, lies and errors!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
1. Do you not think that this is a strange behaviour.
What would be strange would be for any non-Muslim to think that the Qur'an was more than mythology.
MUQ wrote:
While these different groups are hardly united on any other issue, the thing they are united on is that "Quran is false and Our prophet is a false Prophet"
Remarkably, all of them but the Christians are united that the Christians scriptures are mythology.

And what are the odds that they're all united in thinking that atheists are wrong?
MUQ wrote:
2.... our prophet said "All these who reject Islam are one group" and we see that all Non Muslims unite when there is any dispute with any Muslim country.
This is one of the more dangerous aspects of religion. It's so divisive, so us-against-them. The whole world is wrong and evil except just one group.
MUQ wrote:
3. So is this situation scary? And Muslims should feel afraid? By no means, it is for good of Muslims, it is high time for them to come back to Islam and unite and pose a united front to enemies of Islam.
We need this kind of thinking expunged from the planet - or at least from governments.
MUQ wrote:
They were amazed to see so much anti Islamic bias in these diverse groups, who do not agree on any single issue.
This strange behaviour told them that Islam must be right and all these religious groups are 'afraid" of Islam!!
Dream on.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible in the last 1500 years or so is full of fakes, lies and errors!
There is no real conflict between science and religion. What is in conflict is the rudimentary science of 2000 BC, and the modern science of the 21th century AD. Your issue has to do with your intolerance of Christianity.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no real conflict between science and religion. What is in conflict is the rudimentary science of 2000 BC, and the modern science of the 21th century AD. Your issue has to do with your intolerance of Christianity.
Or maybe it's the intolerance of Christianity towards anything that questions it, or casts its teaching in doubt.

C'mon, you and I both know that "Christianity" would love it if every time a light switch was flipped or a doctor performed a surgery, the people associated with that proclaimed; "LOOK AT WHAT THE JESUS DID!"

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no real conflict between science and religion.
There is an inherent conflict with the thinking behind each one.

Science is the process of using reason and evidence to determine knowledge.

Religion is the process of claiming knowledge and ignoring all reason and evidence which contradicts it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
9 years old is the age of adulthood in Islam. You didn't think Muhammad would wait until she hit double digits in age right?
<quoted text>
Moohumud force-married her when she was 6.

He claims he waited until she was 9... but Moohumud was also illiterate, so I doubt he could count, either.

Putting his claims of waiting in serious doubt. It's more likely that she didn't reach puberty until 9, when his repeated sexual attacks would finally yield offspring.

He was one sick f*** for sure. No wonder Islam is so Effed up.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
In the nuclear age there is the possibility of devastation of mankind!
Modern civilization? Sure. But the whole race? Doubtful. Highly, highly doubtful. People are too widespread, too many, and too hardy to kill off that easily.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is in the "hands of god", god is just a phantasm!
True. And an ugly phantasm too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has made itself intolerable: by bullying and murdering any and all who oppose it's ugly side.

And it has an ugly side, to be sure-- starting with bullying of gays, including sanctioned child abuse, and continuing to abuse and oppression of women.

With a nice side of slavery along the way.

There is much to be intolerant of christianity, and it's very, very ugly history.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has made itself intolerable: by bullying and murdering any and all who oppose it's ugly side.
And it has an ugly side, to be sure-- starting with bullying of gays, including sanctioned child abuse, and continuing to abuse and oppression of women.
With a nice side of slavery along the way.
There is much to be intolerant of christianity, and it's very, very ugly history.
Humanity does that without religion. The western world would have never risen to its pre eminent level with an easier life then most in the world without Christianity. The elitists gearing for world government have done their job and the religion has been decimated. Even with the flaws. Now government is replacing the void and the tyranny of the police state will rear its ugly head and make wha tyou wrote look like a walk in the park. People can be ignorant. And that is all people.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it's the intolerance of Christianity towards anything that questions it, or casts its teaching in doubt.
C'mon, you and I both know that "Christianity" would love it if every time a light switch was flipped or a doctor performed a surgery, the people associated with that proclaimed; "LOOK AT WHAT THE JESUS DID!"
That switch wouldn't be there if it weren't for the availability of God given "natural resources". Doctors who can't explain a sudden remission or complete recovery from a traumatic head injury often call these unexplained events,"miracles".
Mrs Bella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hello my name is Bella from Australia, a year ago my lover left my for a lady and told me it is over,
This became a problem for me, so because of this i can not sleep nor eat.
One day i came to the internet to seek advice for what do so my ex lover can come back to me again.
I saw a testimony on how mrs kate got her husband back by this spell caster name dr sam so i contacted him on my problem and he casted a spell for me after two days of the spell, my ex lover called me asking for forgiveness,
I am very much happy cos my lover is back to me once again.
Contact him if u need his help,
he is a good man.
Contact him via email:drsamkoko@gmail.com
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bollocks.
Mrs Bella wrote:
Hello my name is Bella from Australia, a year ago my lover left my for a lady and told me it is over,
This became a problem for me, so because of this i can not sleep nor eat.
One day i came to the internet to seek advice for what do so my ex lover can come back to me again.
I saw a testimony on how mrs kate got her husband back by this spell caster name dr sam so i contacted him on my problem and he casted a spell for me after two days of the spell, my ex lover called me asking for forgiveness,
I am very much happy cos my lover is back to me once again.
Contact him if u need his help,
he is a good man.
Contact him via email:drsamkoko@gmail.com

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Humanity does that without religion. The western world would have never risen to its pre eminent level with an easier life then most in the world without Christianity.
Bullsh7t. Without the stench of Xianity? The world would never have suffered the evils that hatecult inflicted on the world.

Including the Dark Ages, where Xianity reigned supreme. Humanity would've colonized Mars by now, were it not for Xianity.
serfs up wrote:
The elitists gearing for world government have done their job and the religion has been decimated.
The "elitists"? Don't you mean the religious leadership? Who control the idiot-sheeple using Xianity and other religions?

And you idiot-sheeple just "baaa" along with the ReThuglican-Richt....

... you clearly watch too much Faux SNews.
serfs up wrote:
Even with the flaws. Now government is replacing the void and the tyranny of the police state will rear its ugly head and make wha tyou wrote look like a walk in the park. People can be ignorant. And that is all people.
You are delusional.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not his fan, either. I know who David Limbaugh and Stephen Limbaugh are as well.
<quoted text>
No. I moved from my native state of California to Missouri at age 44 to practice medicine in Poplar Bluff because there were no HMOs there, which was important to me. And I retired 11 years later, in 2009, and moved to Mexico. That was my Missouri experience.
I knew plenty of drug reps from Cape and Jackson, many of whom were SEMO graduates. And many patients were students at SEMO.
When we went to Cape, it was either to shop at the mall, to use the little airport there to connect up to St. Louis, or for one of the drug company sponsored dinners. We would often eat at Brouchards, Celebrations, New Orleans or Mannees. And once, we saw Bob Dylan at the Show Me Center.
<quoted text>
That's a perfect description. I used to say that I'm a liberal, atheistic Deadhead Californian living in the reddest part of a red state surrounded by eight red states (in 2004, anyways) where the Midwest meets the South - yahoo, y'all!
But it is beautiful. My wife and I had a cabin on stilts on the Current river in Van Buren in the Mark Twain National Forest, and we loved being there.
Glad to know you.
Good to know you too!

Now there's a Limbaugh Law Practice at Cape, that may be who you know....I don't know if there's any relationship and I don't know Rush's family if they are siblings, cousins, etc.

The little airport is still there as are many of the finer restaurants.

Oh mercy, a cabin on current river. My Aunt and Uncle also used to live right on the river....they retired to Doniphan when health concerns made them uneasy about living so far off the beaten path.

They hosted their son's wedding on the deck overlooking the river, some really breathtaking scenery and beautiful pictures to commemorate the day.

This is one of the things I love about the internet....the world is smaller and cozier.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does not address religion. Science works with objective, verifiable evidence. They make educated guesses sometimes and continue to look for proof/refutation.

It's people who try to pit science against religion when there is no need. The Bible has many errors that have been scientifically discarded, but for the people of that day and time it's to be expected.

Now, if you take the Bible as God's inerrant word, yes, there are going to be problems. If you take the Bible as man's best interpretation of what some deity might have revealed to them, then the errors fall back in place as understandable mistakes.

As a history of the place and time, it has it's points of interest.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh7t. Without the stench of Xianity? The world would never have suffered the evils that hatecult inflicted on the world.
Including the Dark Ages, where Xianity reigned supreme. Humanity would've colonized Mars by now, were it not for Xianity.
<quoted text>
The "elitists"? Don't you mean the religious leadership? Who control the idiot-sheeple using Xianity and other religions?
And you idiot-sheeple just "baaa" along with the ReThuglican-Richt....
... you clearly watch too much Faux SNews.
<quoted text>
You are delusional.
Yet the world did survive, and went on to suffer the atrocities of godless communist regimes where millions of people were mainmed and killed. The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of only fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined! The historical record of collective atheism is thousands of times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous bloodbath, the Spanish Inquisition. Add this to the unholy gruesome slaughter of abortion and the numbers are unconscionably staggering!

We will need to colonize Mars if we want to avoid the fate of the polar bears. We have no choice if our species is to survive to go on begetting the greed and gluttony of an amoral science driven vision to industrialize the world, which has not only devoured much of the earth's store of natural resources and pushed species to extinction, but caused climate change which threatens ALL of humanity, by putting the entire planet in peril!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,881 - 10,900 of20,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••