Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
10,861 - 10,880 of 21,463 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11555
Jan 29, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
Note that no one on this BBC panel game is homophobic, but look at the reaction that can still be gained: www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
I like a good gay joke.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11556
Jan 29, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
Note that no one on this BBC panel game is homophobic, but look at the reaction that can still be gained: www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
LOL!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11558
Jan 29, 2013
 
See the "Literary comments" on my post by these two "mental giants"?

No doubt the dwarfs are taking over the world, claiming to be giants!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11559
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

MUQ wrote:
See the "Literary comments" on my post by these two "mental giants"?
No doubt the dwarfs are taking over the world, claiming to be giants!!
You still have not explained why your Moohumud raped a 9 year old girl-child.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11561
Jan 29, 2013
 
9 years old is the age of adulthood in Islam. You didn't think Muhammad would wait until she hit double digits in age right?
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have not explained why your Moohumud raped a 9 year old girl-child.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11563
Jan 30, 2013
 
How old was Aisha when mohammed first thighed her?
MUQ wrote:
See the "Literary comments" on my post by these two "mental giants"?
No doubt the dwarfs are taking over the world, claiming to be giants!!
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11564
Jan 30, 2013
 
I've just put out my recycling for collection wearing a beanie hat. Guess that makes me a rough looking lesbian.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like a good gay joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mXz8emsHw0sXX

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11565
Jan 30, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
I've just put out my recycling for collection wearing a beanie hat. Guess that makes me a rough looking lesbian.
<quoted text>
Nope. Just makes your neighbors smile.

It's lesbian humor.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11566
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

MUQ wrote:
See the "Literary comments" on my post by these two "mental giants"?
No doubt the dwarfs are taking over the world, claiming to be giants!!
LOL...dude, you're getting your ass kicked trying to defend your indefensible religion...
Henry

Neumark, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11567
Jan 30, 2013
 
P_Smith wrote:
As I just posted on the site:
-----
Religion will continue to exist as long as these two things also exist:
(1) Uneducated masses who can't think rationally (especially in regard to their biases).
(2) Biased, corrupt and opportunistic "leaders" who see religion as a short cut to wealth, power, sex and social status.
Because those two things are likely to always be with us, we will unfortunately never see the demise of the demented deists.
.
In the nuclear age there is the possibility of devastation of mankind!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11568
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
MUQ
Ans.
I answer questions which are sincere and asked in the spirit of some one seeking the knowledge.
Sounds like a cop out and you know it. With today's Muslims acting like animals closing themselves up to kill non believers each and very day you should expect questions on said subject.
I do not answer "loaded Questions" where the intention of person is malafied.
You mean straight forward questions that are difficult to spin away with babbling.
Regarding Suicide Bombers, I told that general principle of Islam is Killing any innocent man, women or child intentionally is one of the Biggest of Big sins in Islam.
Ah but are infidels ( non believers ) deemed innocent? You always avoid this using the innocent label. This is a cop out we all see it. Tell us then Muq are infidels innocent? The answer is no and thus by your own beliefs it is righteous to suicide bomb them. Your refusal to answer the question about who you deem infidels tells us this and you know it.
If some one goes to hell or heaven is in the hands of God and not mine.
Another cop out and avoiding the question. I asked in your opinion do they go to hell. Why is it so difficult for you to just say, yes I believe that all Muslim suicide bombers are breaking the commands of Islam and going to hell. You can't say this because you believe that killing non believers or infidels is worthy of heaven.
The same holds good for those who drop bombs and missiles into civilian populated area, knowing beforehand that they would be killing scores of innocent people.
Muslims are innocent because they are Muslim yes? Are Jews innocent people Muq? Yes you will refuse to answer this.
Regarding the camel which was sent as a sign to People of THAMUD, your question is malafied from beginning to end and such questions I do not answer.
So the story of the holy she-camel of Allah brings you shame. Are you not supposed to believe thy each word in the Quran is sacred and from Allah? Don't you believe that every word is to be celebrated and rejoiced? It seems no no you do not. The story of the holy she-camel of Allah brings you great humiliation and shame. Now if only the rest of that ancient fan fiction caused you shame you would become a better person.
I only said that "certain qualifications" are needed to interpret religious scholars.
Every Tom, Dick and Harry, has no right to come forward and say "In my views the interpretation of this verse should be like this and not this. Without having least knowledge of what he or she is talking about.
Muq every Tom Dick and Harry doesn't need to say what the passages mean. The passages do that themselves just as when Muhammad ordered every member of the Banu tribe to be killed even after they peacefully surrendered. Your Quran demands the blood of all non believers and more dying while killing non believers is a straight ticket to heaven with palaces and 75 virgin sex slaves. This is not peaceful insightful writings in today's day and age. It's barbaric it's bloodlust appropriate for a horror movie not a religion. You know this and that is why you refuse my questions because my questions clearly show your religion as the savage barbaric filth it is.
Amen
Lol couldn't help that last one :))
Nothing is in the "hands of god", god is just a phantasm!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11569
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammed knew which buttons to press. Gardens of paradise, fresh fruit and dates, shade underneath palm trees, free flowing wine, slaves on hand to see to every whim, 72 virgins a man to indulge every sensual whim and pleasure. A fantasy of your average 7th century desert nomad. And brainwashed ppl like Muq believe such fairy tales are literally true.
And the Christian version is to endless sing hallelujahs and praises to Yahweh the blood thirsty God of the Old Testament. A celestial North Korea. Whilst the majority of humankind is suffering horrific torment burning in hell. Very sick minds indeed.
All religions are fakes, so forget them all!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11570
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! So true-- they feel that their uninformed "opinion" is as good as, or superior, to those of people who have studied the issue(s) for years...
:D
They are an arrogant bunch-- what else? They also pretend that the Ultimate Creator of Everything has a special plan for little old, insignificant they.
Amusing, really.
Uneducated people are the triumph of the most religions.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11571
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
MUQ
Ans.
I answer questions which are sincere and asked in the spirit of some one seeking the knowledge.
Sounds like a cop out and you know it. With today's Muslims acting like animals closing themselves up to kill non believers each and very day you should expect questions on said subject.
I do not answer "loaded Questions" where the intention of person is malafied.
You mean straight forward questions that are difficult to spin away with babbling.
Regarding Suicide Bombers, I told that general principle of Islam is Killing any innocent man, women or child intentionally is one of the Biggest of Big sins in Islam.
Ah but are infidels ( non believers ) deemed innocent? You always avoid this using the innocent label. This is a cop out we all see it. Tell us then Muq are infidels innocent? The answer is no and thus by your own beliefs it is righteous to suicide bomb them. Your refusal to answer the question about who you deem infidels tells us this and you know it.
If some one goes to hell or heaven is in the hands of God and not mine.
Another cop out and avoiding the question. I asked in your opinion do they go to hell. Why is it so difficult for you to just say, yes I believe that all Muslim suicide bombers are breaking the commands of Islam and going to hell. You can't say this because you believe that killing non believers or infidels is worthy of heaven.
The same holds good for those who drop bombs and missiles into civilian populated area, knowing beforehand that they would be killing scores of innocent people.
Muslims are innocent because they are Muslim yes? Are Jews innocent people Muq? Yes you will refuse to answer this.
Regarding the camel which was sent as a sign to People of THAMUD, your question is malafied from beginning to end and such questions I do not answer.
So the story of the holy she-camel of Allah brings you shame. Are you not supposed to believe thy each word in the Quran is sacred and from Allah? Don't you believe that every word is to be celebrated and rejoiced? It seems no no you do not. The story of the holy she-camel of Allah brings you great humiliation and shame. Now if only the rest of that ancient fan fiction caused you shame you would become a better person.
I only said that "certain qualifications" are needed to interpret religious scholars.
Every Tom, Dick and Harry, has no right to come forward and say "In my views the interpretation of this verse should be like this and not this. Without having least knowledge of what he or she is talking about.
Muq every Tom Dick and Harry doesn't need to say what the passages mean. The passages do that themselves just as when Muhammad ordered every member of the Banu tribe to be killed even after they peacefully surrendered. Your Quran demands the blood of all non believers and more dying while killing non believers is a straight ticket to heaven with palaces and 75 virgin sex slaves. This is not peaceful insightful writings in today's day and age. It's barbaric it's bloodlust appropriate for a horror movie not a religion. You know this and that is why you refuse my questions because my questions clearly show your religion as the savage barbaric filth it is.
Amen
Lol couldn't help that last one :))
Only uneducated people can believe in heaven or hell and the hole religious garbage!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11572
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

albtraum wrote:
Shhhh! We don't usually want people to know that Limbaugh was spawned here;0)
I'm not his fan, either. I know who David Limbaugh and Stephen Limbaugh are as well.
albtraum wrote:
Did you go to SEMO?
No. I moved from my native state of California to Missouri at age 44 to practice medicine in Poplar Bluff because there were no HMOs there, which was important to me. And I retired 11 years later, in 2009, and moved to Mexico. That was my Missouri experience.

I knew plenty of drug reps from Cape and Jackson, many of whom were SEMO graduates. And many patients were students at SEMO.

When we went to Cape, it was either to shop at the mall, to use the little airport there to connect up to St. Louis, or for one of the drug company sponsored dinners. We would often eat at Brouchards, Celebrations, New Orleans or Mannees. And once, we saw Bob Dylan at the Show Me Center.
albtraum wrote:
There is much lovely scenery here, I like the rolling hills and lots of trees.....some of the local folk.....well, not that many beautiful minds per capita.
Being an atheist definetly puts me in the minority....but we're getting by.
That's a perfect description. I used to say that I'm a liberal, atheistic Deadhead Californian living in the reddest part of a red state surrounded by eight red states (in 2004, anyways) where the Midwest meets the South - yahoo, y'all!

But it is beautiful. My wife and I had a cabin on stilts on the Current river in Van Buren in the Mark Twain National Forest, and we loved being there.

Glad to know you.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11573
Jan 30, 2013
 
A strange case of Unanimity:

Have you people observed? I have seen recently a strange case of unanimity amongst the various religious groups populating our planet at this time.

Let me elaborate a little:

A. Jews:

They say, we have some "problems" with our scriptures, we are not very sure who actually wrote these books, and we have some problems with practicalability of some of our practices and rituals in current times……

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

B. Christians:

They say "While we are not sure who actually wrote these Gospels and we are not sure how St. Paul got access to Jesus and there are so many sects and denominations in Christianity and we do not know "for sure" which one has "Holy Spirit" inside them and we are not "United on Homosexuality, Abortion, Divorce and a few other burning issues…..

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

C. Hindus:

They say "We have "some problems" on how to define who is Hindu, and we have no central belief system or single scripture, we have so many denominations that we cannot keep track on them, and we just try to pose a united face to outside world….

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

D. Buddhists:

They say "While we are not sure what were the "original teachings" of Lord Buddha and how they reached down to us and we do not know "who" started this practice of erecting the status of Lord Buddha and worship it, we do not have any code of law so to say…..

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

E. Sikhs:

They say "We are not really sure that Guru Nanak brought a New religion and we do not have a complete code of law and our Guru Granth Sahib has contributions from many person, and we follow many Hindu laws and ceremonies and their code in our daily life….

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

F. Modern Materialists:

They say "While we do not support any religious group and we have some reservations about every religion, we see some good things in almost every religion (with the exception of only one religion)…. And we can see the utility of these religions in distant past……

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

G. Atheists:

They say "All these religions are man made and served needs to some vested interests in their times, they might have saved some socities from disintegration in times gone by……we think most of these religions have served their purpose and have nothing to offer in our times….

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet.

(Contd.)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11575
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

MUQ, all those theist groups are all united in thinking they have the right religion. Yet all those religions are incompatible and teach contradictory things. This just proves one thing. That all religions are man made.

I dont see Islam any different. All religions have the same basic components. They offer comfort. And believers believe them cause its what they are taught to believe in their culture and community.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11576
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

"They were amazed to see so much anti Islamic bias in these diverse groups" Christians say the same thing. And you KNOW they are deluded.
Henry

Gerstungen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11577
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I am now officially the only person on topix to get you to finally admit the trut...above. The above. Certainly not the truth.
The bible in the last 1500 years or so is full of fakes, lies and errors!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11578
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

MUQ wrote:
1. Do you not think that this is a strange behaviour.
What would be strange would be for any non-Muslim to think that the Qur'an was more than mythology.
MUQ wrote:
While these different groups are hardly united on any other issue, the thing they are united on is that "Quran is false and Our prophet is a false Prophet"
Remarkably, all of them but the Christians are united that the Christians scriptures are mythology.

And what are the odds that they're all united in thinking that atheists are wrong?
MUQ wrote:
2.... our prophet said "All these who reject Islam are one group" and we see that all Non Muslims unite when there is any dispute with any Muslim country.
This is one of the more dangerous aspects of religion. It's so divisive, so us-against-them. The whole world is wrong and evil except just one group.
MUQ wrote:
3. So is this situation scary? And Muslims should feel afraid? By no means, it is for good of Muslims, it is high time for them to come back to Islam and unite and pose a united front to enemies of Islam.
We need this kind of thinking expunged from the planet - or at least from governments.
MUQ wrote:
They were amazed to see so much anti Islamic bias in these diverse groups, who do not agree on any single issue.
This strange behaviour told them that Islam must be right and all these religious groups are 'afraid" of Islam!!
Dream on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min River Tam 225,655
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 1 hr religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 1 hr religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 1 hr religionisillness 84
If Christianity were true... 1 hr religionisillness 151
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr religionisillness 152

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••