Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
10,841 - 10,860 of 21,384 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ya there is this weird Islam rule about if you catch a male infidel you can butt rape him and it's not considered homosexuality. They almost always do this when they take captives male or female it's all about men butt raping the male captives. Yet they are anti gay?
Idk lol!
<quoted text>
Are you sure about this? It doesn't seem all that likely.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You never heard of the Butt Sects?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's brilliant! Very quotable!
Thanks. Please use it as you see fit, no need to quote me, as I am standing on the shoulders of giants.

Else I would not have said it.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>You should know by now that thumpers don't need to actually know about something to have an 'etched in stone' opinion of it
LOL! So true-- they feel that their uninformed "opinion" is as good as, or superior, to those of people who have studied the issue(s) for years...

:D

They are an arrogant bunch-- what else? They also pretend that the Ultimate Creator of Everything has a special plan for little old, insignificant they.

Amusing, really.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Before, posters were writing that he raped a little boy - which is it?
And...if he did, why do Muslims hate homosexuality so much?
And...why do they have a spiritual leader who's a pedo???
They're OK with pedophilia, just not homosexuality. There's a vast difference.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

I have just read about all these cases of Muslims capturing male prisoners and then butt raping them. The ambassador in Libya being one of the more recent ones.
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The Muslims call it breaking or humbling the person when they butt rape them. It seems to be more about humiliating the victim than sexual pleasure for the attacker and I guess that's how they explain it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Down close to the bootheel, Cape County.
I know the area fairly well. That's Rush Limbaugh country. And Southeast Missouri State University.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Why do people think of homosexuality in the terms of butt rape?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
The Muslims call it breaking or humbling the person when they butt rape them. It seems to be more about humiliating the victim than sexual pleasure for the attacker and I guess that's how they explain it.
They may do that, but it is still a violation of the principles of Islam--sodomy is, in fact, punishable by death under Islamic law whether it is forced or consensual. But Muslims, like Christians, sometimes find reasons to disobey their own scriptures when it suits them, and to fool themselves into thinking that circumstances make permissible what was forbidden.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Liberty wrote:
And as expected you refused to answer my question. A running theme with you we notice. And why is it you refuse to answer questions?

Because you know that giving an honest answer will show the barbaric animal that Islam turns people into.

I ask do you think Muslim suicide bombers go to heaven? You know the answer is yes you whole heartedly believe they go to heaven for killing infidels but that will show your true side so best to hide it.

I ask you to tell us about the holy se-camel of Allah as told in the Quran and you refuse to speak on this prophecy because it shows how silly and childish your foundation of beliefs are.

I ask why Muslims hunt and kill other Muslims for believing slightly different than them. Whatever faction of Islam you prescribe to 75% of other Muslims want to kill you for it. That is why you refuse to answer.

And that goes to the heart of your question. Even if one were to say that only the top religious leaders are allowed to say what the scriptures meant you would still be in a horrible situation because even in Islam there is little agreement. Each group knows their version of the myth is correct and that makes everyone else wrong. Which is why your people fly planes into buildings and gun down little girls. That's why you must live in fear that when you leave your house the wrong kind of Muslim doesn't walk by.

And you know this to be true.
Ans.

I answer questions which are sincere and asked in the spirit of some one seeking the knowledge. I do not answer "loaded Questions" where the intention of person is malafied.

Regarding Suicide Bombers, I told that general principle of Islam is Killing any innocent man, women or child intentionally is one of the Biggest of Big sins in Islam. If some one goes to hell or heaven is in the hands of God and not mine. The same holds good for those who drop bombs and missiles into civilian populated area, knowing beforehand that they would be killing scores of innocent people.

Regarding the camel which was sent as a sign to People of THAMUD, your question is malafied from beginning to end and such questions I do not answer.

As regards Muslims killing each other, I told you Islamic positions on killing innocent people. It is applicable for Muslims as well as Non Muslims.

I did not say that "Top religious leaders" only are entitled to translate and interpret religious scholars. I only said that "certain qualifications" are needed to interpret religious scholars.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry, has no right to come forward and say "In my views the interpretation of this verse should be like this and not this. Without having least knowledge of what he or she is talking about.

And I do not discuss with people, who keep on asking same question, even after answering it many times.

These people do not want me to answer any question, they only want me to "confirm" their own pre-conceived "conclusions".

You should know it to be true!!
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Skeptic wrote:
01. I'm sorry that you have no proof of god and must lie to complete strangers about your cult.

02. But this is not the problem of atheists. This is your problem and your problem only. You're stupid. I know not a lot of people tell you this, and you should be grateful that I am at least being honest you about your predicament.

There are many ways to stop being stupid, but your stupidity is level deeper which means that you're unable to realize or accept that you are stupid.

03. This makes conversing with you almost impossible. There is no way that we will convert to your religion and there is no way that you will ever be granted enough intelligence to question your cult.

04. So why not just go back to your cult and leave us alone? We don't want your mental illness here thanks.
Ans.

01. There is proof of God in this Universe and only mentally blind people cannot find any proof of existence of God.

One Urdu poet says :

"HAR SOO TERI QUDRAT KE HAIN LAKHON JALWE

HAIRAN HOON KE IN DO AANKHON SE KYA KYA DEIKHOON"

In English it can be translated as:

"Hundreds of thousands of signs of Your Majesty and Power are scattered all around

"I am bewildered as to which and whom to see with my (only) two eyes"

Seen in this light, you are mentally blind, if you do not find any proof of God's existence.

02. As regards me being stupid, let me suffice to say that only a Stupid can recognize another Stupid. So the charge reverts back to you.

03. Yes people who talk of nonsense, find conversing with me very difficult. You are a prime example of that group. So I am relieved that you identified yourself.

04. It is our "duty" to propagate the message of Islam. So I will be with my people also and "bother" you also.

Best way for Stupid People like is to "close" your eyes and "pretend" that my Posts did not exist, the same way you "ignore" all the available proofs of Creator's existence on this Universe!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

MUQ
Ans.
I answer questions which are sincere and asked in the spirit of some one seeking the knowledge.

Sounds like a cop out and you know it. With today's Muslims acting like animals closing themselves up to kill non believers each and very day you should expect questions on said subject.

I do not answer "loaded Questions" where the intention of person is malafied.

You mean straight forward questions that are difficult to spin away with babbling.

Regarding Suicide Bombers, I told that general principle of Islam is Killing any innocent man, women or child intentionally is one of the Biggest of Big sins in Islam.

Ah but are infidels ( non believers ) deemed innocent? You always avoid this using the innocent label. This is a cop out we all see it. Tell us then Muq are infidels innocent? The answer is no and thus by your own beliefs it is righteous to suicide bomb them. Your refusal to answer the question about who you deem infidels tells us this and you know it.

If some one goes to hell or heaven is in the hands of God and not mine.

Another cop out and avoiding the question. I asked in your opinion do they go to hell. Why is it so difficult for you to just say, yes I believe that all Muslim suicide bombers are breaking the commands of Islam and going to hell. You can't say this because you believe that killing non believers or infidels is worthy of heaven.

The same holds good for those who drop bombs and missiles into civilian populated area, knowing beforehand that they would be killing scores of innocent people.

Muslims are innocent because they are Muslim yes? Are Jews innocent people Muq? Yes you will refuse to answer this.

Regarding the camel which was sent as a sign to People of THAMUD, your question is malafied from beginning to end and such questions I do not answer.

So the story of the holy she-camel of Allah brings you shame. Are you not supposed to believe thy each word in the Quran is sacred and from Allah? Don't you believe that every word is to be celebrated and rejoiced? It seems no no you do not. The story of the holy she-camel of Allah brings you great humiliation and shame. Now if only the rest of that ancient fan fiction caused you shame you would become a better person.

I only said that "certain qualifications" are needed to interpret religious scholars.
Every Tom, Dick and Harry, has no right to come forward and say "In my views the interpretation of this verse should be like this and not this. Without having least knowledge of what he or she is talking about.

Muq every Tom Dick and Harry doesn't need to say what the passages mean. The passages do that themselves just as when Muhammad ordered every member of the Banu tribe to be killed even after they peacefully surrendered. Your Quran demands the blood of all non believers and more dying while killing non believers is a straight ticket to heaven with palaces and 75 virgin sex slaves. This is not peaceful insightful writings in today's day and age. It's barbaric it's bloodlust appropriate for a horror movie not a religion. You know this and that is why you refuse my questions because my questions clearly show your religion as the savage barbaric filth it is.

Amen

Lol couldn't help that last one :))

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Indeed what they claim to be the divine command of their god vs what they practice is a mere pick and chose make it up as they go.
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
They may do that, but it is still a violation of the principles of Islam--sodomy is, in fact, punishable by death under Islamic law whether it is forced or consensual. But Muslims, like Christians, sometimes find reasons to disobey their own scriptures when it suits them, and to fool themselves into thinking that circumstances make permissible what was forbidden.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the area fairly well. That's Rush Limbaugh country. And Southeast Missouri State University.
Shhhh! We don't usually want people to know that Limbaugh was spawned here;0)

Did you go to SEMO?

There is much lovely scenery here, I like the rolling hills and lots of trees.....some of the local folk.....well, not that many beautiful minds per capita.

Being an atheist definetly puts me in the minority....but we're getting by.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

River Tam wrote:
Because they're idjits;0)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. There is proof of God in this Universe and only mentally blind people cannot find any proof of existence of God.
One Urdu poet says :
"HAR SOO TERI QUDRAT KE HAIN LAKHON JALWE
HAIRAN HOON KE IN DO AANKHON SE KYA KYA DEIKHOON"
In English it can be translated as:
"Hundreds of thousands of signs of Your Majesty and Power are scattered all around
"I am bewildered as to which and whom to see with my (only) two eyes"
Seen in this light, you are mentally blind, if you do not find any proof of God's existence.
02. As regards me being stupid, let me suffice to say that only a Stupid can recognize another Stupid. So the charge reverts back to you.
03. Yes people who talk of nonsense, find conversing with me very difficult. You are a prime example of that group. So I am relieved that you identified yourself.
04. It is our "duty" to propagate the message of Islam. So I will be with my people also and "bother" you also.
Best way for Stupid People like is to "close" your eyes and "pretend" that my Posts did not exist, the same way you "ignore" all the available proofs of Creator's existence on this Universe!!
do you just go around collecting nuts, crosses and broken lightbulbs all day?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
A combination of latent homosexual fantasies and a deep desire to be dominated?

I dunno myself.

But I'm far from free of prejudice: I tend to think of homosexuals as having excellent taste, tend to be nicer than most, kind and usually one of the smartest persons in the room.

But that's just me, I guess. They kind of have to be nice-- as they also tend to be the first to be victimized by bullies (when younger).

Bullies in the name of Jewsus, naturally. Who else? meh.
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Sweeping statement.
No one I care to associate with would equate homosexuality with rape.
River Tam wrote:
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Note that no one on this BBC panel game is homophobic, but look at the reaction that can still be gained: www.youtube.com/watch...
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
A combination of latent homosexual fantasies and a deep desire to be dominated?
I dunno myself.
But I'm far from free of prejudice: I tend to think of homosexuals as having excellent taste, tend to be nicer than most, kind and usually one of the smartest persons in the room.
But that's just me, I guess. They kind of have to be nice-- as they also tend to be the first to be victimized by bullies (when younger).
Bullies in the name of Jewsus, naturally. Who else? meh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Buck Crick 224,106
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 2 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr religionisillness 370
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Richardfs 198
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 16 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 21 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 21 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••