Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11422 Jan 25, 2013
Actually thy would make sense as soon as he started posting Derek4 stopped. It seems likely Derek4 could have been banned for flooding the threads with his trolling and spam and had to switch to another screen name. I mean this timber chump shows up out of nowhere and floods the threads with trolling and spam same as Derek4.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be he's using a proxy, due to having been bannated by Topix.
How much you want to bet on that?
:D

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11423 Jan 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone was to ask me a hypothetical question, I don't think I'd answer.
Sure you would.
:)See? >>> Color. You can always conver a color photo to black and white later.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#11425 Jan 25, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
Sure you would.
:)See? >>> Color. You can always conver a color photo to black and white later.
I was speaking hypocritically.

:)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#11426 Jan 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking hypocritically.
You mean... your True Colors?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#11427 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
The garden was a display of child abuse writ large.
Period.
There is no other interpretation that makes any sense.
This being, who was the de-facto parents of Adam & Eve, deliberately and with malice, placed a known killer and evil being within this "garden".
And then, deliberately and with malice, turned away, blind to the fates of his children.
And then, deliberately and with evil intent, stood by allowing the mental-rape of the children to take place.
And then, acting on his evil intent, proceeds to torture the children for failing to best another god in a contest of wits.
All the fault, all the responsibility falls directly onto your god:
1) he failed to create beings who could withstand argument from another god (snake)
2) he failed to give them understanding of consequences (they had no knowledge of good or evil, remember)
3) he failed to stick around to protect them from harm
4) he failed to remove dangerous gods from his "garden"-- knowing the consequences of that failure (omniscient, remember?).
5) he proceeded to punish these children for HIS OWN MISTAKES.
That last one is evil without limit-- but he makes it worse:
6) he proceeds to PUNISH all subsequent generations! Even though they were innocent of ANY wrongdoing! That is even more evil--
I think it is "literal interpretation" of Genesis and Bible that has contributed towards this Atheist movement in Western countries.

Neither Bible nor book of Genesis should be interpreted literally, because these books were not "dictated by God" .

Church has done great dis-service to their religion by insisting that Biblical books are revealed word of God and insisted on its literal interpretation.

The Church's illogical stand has been a major factor for origin and rise of Atheism in the West.

And the problem is that when they start rejecting Bible, they reject all scriptures, because in their view, there can never be any book or scripture better or more authentic than their Bible.

So the church has caused more people to go away from religion and then reject all religions and all books of God.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#11428 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Excellent analysis.
If there are some sort of "higher god-laws" that permit a god or gods to exist? From whence came these higher laws? A higher god?
What allowed the higher-order of god or gods? A higher-order of laws?
From whence came those?
And so on, ad infinitum, an infinite regression upwards, ever-higher laws requiring ever-higher gods to implement them.
It never ends well, does it?
Hey Bob!

What are you doing here?!? Go farm more guild renown!!! Grrrrrrr!

Just kidding. My damned dell is in the shop so I am here...procrastinating...

will stop now. Life awaits!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#11429 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
It'd still be unethical-- in that all the responsibility for all evil would still rest on the god of the story.
And once you go down the road of "absolve responsibility for actions" path? You get... a nation where huge fractions of the population is in prison.
... wait.
Oh... my.... this isn't good.
hahahaha!

No, no it is not good! Creationism is child abuse.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#11430 Jan 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I'd like to see what he wrote. Can you direct me to that?
I'm checking around....whew....he was a prolific writer, one of my faves.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#11431 Jan 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a pro-lifer I assume and against abortion?
Based on what moral standard?
There is a difference between the murder of a living, breathing infant or killing a living, breathing pregnant woman and the removal of a clump of nonsentient cells.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#11433 Jan 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know.
That's why you condone genocide, killing of gays, killing of those who exercise freedom of religion, etc.
But abortion is WRONG, you have to wait and murder them right?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11434 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually thy would make sense as soon as he started posting Derek4 stopped. It seems likely Derek4 could have been banned for flooding the threads with his trolling and spam and had to switch to another screen name. I mean this timber chump shows up out of nowhere and floods the threads with trolling and spam same as Derek4.
<quoted text>
Yeah.

SPAMMING is about the only strategy they have, as none of their "arguments" carry any weight with people who think.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11435 Jan 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is "literal interpretation" of Genesis and Bible that has contributed towards this Atheist movement in Western countries.
Neither Bible nor book of Genesis should be interpreted literally, because these books were not "dictated by God" .
Church has done great dis-service to their religion by insisting that Biblical books are revealed word of God and insisted on its literal interpretation.
The Church's illogical stand has been a major factor for origin and rise of Atheism in the West.
And the problem is that when they start rejecting Bible, they reject all scriptures, because in their view, there can never be any book or scripture better or more authentic than their Bible.
So the church has caused more people to go away from religion and then reject all religions and all books of God.
News-Flash, stupid: neither was the Quoran "dictated by god".

For starters? Your pedophile Moohumad was ILLITERATE-- he could not even read, let alone write...

... which is FUNNY AS HELL.

Your "prophet" was in illiterate moron.

And a child-rapist too, of course-- cannot forget the child-raping part.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11436 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bob!
What are you doing here?!? Go farm more guild renown!!! Grrrrrrr!
Just kidding. My damned dell is in the shop so I am here...procrastinating...
will stop now. Life awaits!
Yeah, I heard through the grapevine about your dell. Sorry about that, mate-- Dells aren't bad computers, but sometimes their service kinda sucks.

I'll look for you elsewhere, when you can.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11437 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha!
No, no it is not good! Creationism is child abuse.
Indeed it is-- it forces the child to learn how to hold mutually incompatible ideas in his head.

Which leads to all sorts of mental stress-- is it any wonder insanity is higher among True Believers™?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#11438 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
News-Flash, stupid: neither was the Quoran "dictated by god".
For starters? Your pedophile Moohumad was ILLITERATE-- he could not even read, let alone write...
... which is FUNNY AS HELL.
Your "prophet" was in illiterate moron.
And a child-rapist too, of course-- cannot forget the child-raping part.
Yes, you are right, our prophet was not able to read or write, that is why he "Was told to memorize what was revealed to him". He memorized the verses he heard the Angel of God speak to him and then he asked "some of his scribe to write it down".

If a man is not able to read or write, can't he also dictate?

And after the scribe has written it down, he would ask the scribe to read it, so that he could verify that the verses were written correctly.

And then he used to recite the verses to all Muslims and tall them where to place the newly received revelation. And then he and Muslims used to recite the new revelation along with earlier revelations in their daily prayers, which were ordained five times each day.

How can we compare the way Quran was written down with the way Biblical books were written down?

No one knows the hands which penned down the First five books of OT?

Most of the names that appear on the title pages of the books we have today are symbolic and have no relation with the actual persons of that name.

I think what you need is to look into some books that deal with the history and evolution of Biblical books.

It is no more a secret or banned subject!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#11439 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are right, our prophet was not able to read or write, that is why he "Was told to memorize what was revealed to him". He memorized the verses he heard the Angel of God speak to him and then he asked "some of his scribe to write it down".
And after the scribe has written it down, he would ask the scribe to read it, so that he could verify that the verses were written correctly.
And then he used to recite the verses to all Muslims and tall them where to place the newly received revelation. And then he and Muslims used to recite the new revelation along with earlier revelations in their daily prayers, which were ordained five times each day.
How can we compare the way Quran was written down with the way Biblical books were written down?
Most of the names that appear on the title pages of the books we have today are symbolic and have no relation with the actual persons of that name.
I think what you need is to look into some books that deal with the history and evolution of Biblical books.
I see you ignored the part where your "prophet" was a child-raper.

How... convenient for you.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#11440 Jan 26, 2013
paarsurrey wrote:
I don't think it will ever happen; since there is not a single evidence with the atheists that the Creator God does not exist.
If you have give it here.
For most educated people a "creator god" is just worthwhile a pitying smile!

Location hidden

#11441 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove any of this made up nonsense. You can't, its because you're a liar. You pick up a book written by human beings and try to sell it to us as as divine and absolute truth.

You liars are worthless, why can't you use the life you've got for doing something good?

Instead you choose to lie about a fairytale all day long - this is your sad life story.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11442 Jan 26, 2013
If a man f**ks a 6 or 9 year old Aisha, can't he also be despised?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#11443 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds legit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 232,012
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Even Steven 1,049
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 13 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 13 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Thu QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE