Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 505)

Showing posts 10,081 - 10,100 of21,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

paarsurrey wrote:
I don't think it will ever happen; since there is not a single evidence with the atheists that the Creator God does not exist.
If you have give it here.
God does not exist!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know, you never have presented any.
Should I just take everybody's word for whatever they claim to be true or should I require real evidence before believing that Shiva is real?
No god is existing! The thausands of gods (including Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and so on are myths and wors!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well let's see we have this turd who refuses to acknowledge the answers given him an just blindly repeats them again and again.
Game over turd. Time to flush.
:Flush:
<quoted text>
Very sorry but a god never existed, religions are phantasm or myths!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you absolutely sure about that?
Of course I am sure about that! It is science about abiogenesis that is sure!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Still waiting for you to demonstrate how your god is anything more than a delusion. This is a reasonable question so stop avoiding it. Your belief in god is retarding you.
<quoted text>
You amuse me, because for more than 70 Years I don`t believe in no god at all. God is nonexisting so why should I be so crazy and believe in such a thing?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion's truths are absolute. Science's truths are always undergoing modification.
Ah, but which religion?

There are thousands to choose from, each with their own "absolute truths".

They can't all be right but they sure as hell can all be wrong.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the religious morality to me. Slavery? Well, it was OK in Old Testament times, but not now. Subjection of women? Birth control? The religious stance on these questions has generally been the immoral one.
Not forgetting the zero tolerance that religious people have for people of other beliefs.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Henry, I think it's time for your cocoa. I'm sure you've got some lovely facilities left over from 1945.
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No god is existing! The thausands of gods (including Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and so on are myths and wors!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
Communism is vanished at all. Capitalism is on the brink of its existence. This does not mean humanity is in a nuclear age in an extreme danger of extinction yet. Religion is not have a survival as a myth. Maybe religion may have some life in the private region.

The only life of capitalism is profit (superprofit) which war is bringing. In the nuclear age this may be the end of mankind before capitalism has gone.
Ans.

Who says demise of Capitalism and Communism means that human race is due for extinction?

It shows that age of these isms are over that there is one course left for humans to turn back to their Creator and enjoy peace and tranquility on this earth.

Nuclear and biological and chemical weapons would not bring peace and tranquility on this earth.

Neither would all this advancement is science and technology…. They only help is meeting the need of physical body.

But the souls and spirits of mankind is hungry, they also want food and nourishment.

And the food and nourishment for soul and spirits is “Remembrance of their Creator”. If you feed and nourish them by “Junk food” like Music and dance and Alcohol and Drugs, they would remain hungry and sick.

And that is what we see in the world today in this so called “Nuclear age” or “Information based society”.

The man is getting cruel, selfish and dischanted with each passing day.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Buzz wrote:
FFS, religiosists are gullible tards, course Atheisism will overtake religion, people aren't as stupid as they used to be.
Who says people aren't as stupid as they used to be? At least the USA and UK voters are more stupid these days as they "used to be.

They Re-elected GWB the Great and Tony "the poodle" Blair, after knowing that they were lairs and cheats!!
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Hello cuntard!

So when will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Who says demise of Capitalism and Communism means that human race is due for extinction?
It shows that age of these isms are over that there is one course left for humans to turn back to their Creator and enjoy peace and tranquility on this earth.
Nuclear and biological and chemical weapons would not bring peace and tranquility on this earth.
Neither would all this advancement is science and technology…. They only help is meeting the need of physical body.
But the souls and spirits of mankind is hungry, they also want food and nourishment.
And the food and nourishment for soul and spirits is “Remembrance of their Creator”. If you feed and nourish them by “Junk food” like Music and dance and Alcohol and Drugs, they would remain hungry and sick.
And that is what we see in the world today in this so called “Nuclear age” or “Information based society”.
The man is getting cruel, selfish and dischanted with each passing day.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

You're about as topical as myspace!

So when will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says people aren't as stupid as they used to be? At least the USA and UK voters are more stupid these days as they "used to be.
They Re-elected GWB the Great and Tony "the poodle" Blair, after knowing that they were lairs and cheats!!
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Oxford child abuse by... muslims!

Muck: check the names

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-210...

Feel the shame.

Are you related?
tiddlywinks

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

If you plan on taking over the world in a mere 25 years, you've got to do something about improving your public image and quick. Currently, atheisim is a dirty word in American society. Research in the American Sociological Review finds that among several groups listed, atheists are the group that Americans relate least to in terms of their vision of American society and are the group most likely to be mentioned as one that Americans would not want to have marry into their family.

Dr. Sam Harris is a founder of the New Atheism movement. He is quite aware of the stigma surrounding atheism and has even advocated that atheists no longer call themselves atheists. In fact, Dr. Harris has said concerning the label of atheist, "It's right next to child molester as a designation."

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
The myths of science are hardly truth and knowledge.
I don't even have the first clue of how to answer that one, it's too incredibly ludicrous.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

tiddlywinks wrote:
If you plan on taking over the world in a mere 25 years, you've got to do something about improving your public image and quick. Currently, atheisim is a dirty word in American society. Research in the American Sociological Review finds that among several groups listed, atheists are the group that Americans relate least to in terms of their vision of American society and are the group most likely to be mentioned as one that Americans would not want to have marry into their family.
Dr. Sam Harris is a founder of the New Atheism movement. He is quite aware of the stigma surrounding atheism and has even advocated that atheists no longer call themselves atheists. In fact, Dr. Harris has said concerning the label of atheist, "It's right next to child molester as a designation."
Sounds more like a condemnation of US society than atheists or atheism.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

tiddlywinks wrote:
.....advocated that atheists no longer call themselves atheists...."
Not an option.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
Atheism is an adjective, not a movement.
tiddlywinks

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Not an option.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
Atheism is an adjective, not a movement.
Then why do they claim to be on the march in America?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds more like a condemnation of US society than atheists or atheism.
Seem accurate, Atheism is strong on threads in Topix, no so much elsewhere
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Seem accurate, Atheism is strong on threads in Topix, not so much elsewhere

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,081 - 10,100 of21,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••