Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,198

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10724 Jan 18, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still kill witches?
Religious morality is the most inconsistent morality imaginable.
On this I agree with you totally. As far as witches are concerned, I don`t (happily) live in certain regions in Africa. BTW I am against any religions at all. In the nuclear age the most urgent one is to abrogate atomic weapons and AKW too. The survival of humanity is the most urgent one.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10725 Jan 18, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if you claim that morals come from an invisible supernatural sky deity without any evidence what-so-ever to substantiat your claim or at least differentiate it from all the other deity claims, then you are right.
I do try to be patient with stupidity, but not with those that are so proud of it as you are.
God has nothing to do with the bible. The bible is full of fakes and lies and of course errors. The bible as all religions are in the interests of the mighty and rich ones. The more people get educated, the more they realise them the truth.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10726 Jan 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Still waiting for you to demonstrate how your god is anything more than a delusion. This is a reasonable question so stop avoiding it. Your belief in god is retarding you.
<quoted text>
Your disbelief isn't doing much better. Atheism is a fad cult whose followers worship Richard Dawkins. They believe in a spontaneous, causeless, sourceless, purposeless, meaningless existence and are more fanatic about their beliefs than Christians are about God. They use science to justify their dogmatism and many actually believe their own BS! Interestingly, most people who become atheists have an overwhelming desire to feel superior because they were picked on in high school and are struggling with residual teenage angst.

Location hidden

#10727 Jan 18, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course science is based on facts not on myths. Yes religions are based on myths, that is why myths are based on phantasm!
Religion's truths are absolute. Science's truths are always undergoing modification.

Location hidden

#10728 Jan 18, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God of course is nonexistent and has no morality at all:
Duh....how could a god who doesn't exist possess morality? What passes as morality among amoral atheists is a thin veneer of shifting scruples pasted over some other unsightly material.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10730 Jan 18, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a question of God existing or not, it is a question of Gods authority over you that you take the real issue with.
Then why is your god such a failure that we can continually mock, ridicule, and dismiss it? If your god was real, then why do so many christians become atheists?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10731 Jan 18, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion's truths are absolute. Science's truths are always undergoing modification.
Nothing is absolute, so that means you admit religion has no truth.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10732 Jan 18, 2013
Religion's truths are absolutely bullsh!t.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion's truths are absolute.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10733 Jan 18, 2013
Strawman much? Stop stalling and demonstrate why anyone should believe that your god is anything more than a delusion.

Any century now...

Zzzzzzzzzzz
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your disbelief isn't doing much better. Atheism is a fad cult whose followers worship Richard Dawkins. They believe in a spontaneous, causeless, sourceless, purposeless, meaningless existence and are more fanatic about their beliefs than Christians are about God. They use science to justify their dogmatism and many actually believe their own BS! Interestingly, most people who become atheists have an overwhelming desire to feel superior because they were picked on in high school and are struggling with residual teenage angst.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10734 Jan 18, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are claiming abiogenesis is happening in everyone right now???
No. Abiogenesis is how the *first* life got started. The question is how the complexity of the chemical reactions initially developed. You were talking about whether non-living things 'create' living things. The answer to *that* question is a definite *yes*.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#10735 Jan 18, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You realise that you have just solved the atheists biggest mystery, if you have indeed understood what abiogenesis is.
I suspect you don't, hence your claim here.
Abiogenesis is the development of the complexity necessary for life from the initial building block chemicals. We have a good over-view of that process but do not know the details.

But that is a different question than the one you proposed: do non-living chemicals 'create' life? The answer to *this* question is yes. The non-living atoms in your body combine to produce the *living* organism that is you. Now, the complexity is already there, so the question of how the complexity originated is still open. But that is a different question.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#10736 Jan 18, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion's truths are absolute.
No, religious truths *claim* to be absolute. But they are not. In fact, they are mostly wrong of meaningless.
Science's truths are always undergoing modification.

Yes, science has the ability to modify its beliefs to repair its mistakes. Religions, however, simply claim that their new ways have always been done. Science is honest and religion is dishonest.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#10737 Jan 18, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh....how could a god who doesn't exist possess morality? What passes as morality among amoral atheists is a thin veneer of shifting scruples pasted over some other unsightly material.
Sounds like the religious morality to me. Slavery? Well, it was OK in Old Testament times, but not now. Subjection of women? Birth control? The religious stance on these questions has generally been the immoral one.
Buzz

Oslo, Norway

#10738 Jan 18, 2013
FFS, religiosists are gullible tards, course Atheisism will overtake religion, people aren't as stupid as they used to be.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10739 Jan 18, 2013
paarsurrey wrote:
I don't think it will ever happen; since there is not a single evidence with the atheists that the Creator God does not exist.
If you have give it here.
God does not exist!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10740 Jan 18, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know, you never have presented any.
Should I just take everybody's word for whatever they claim to be true or should I require real evidence before believing that Shiva is real?
No god is existing! The thausands of gods (including Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and so on are myths and wors!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10742 Jan 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well let's see we have this turd who refuses to acknowledge the answers given him an just blindly repeats them again and again.
Game over turd. Time to flush.
:Flush:
<quoted text>
Very sorry but a god never existed, religions are phantasm or myths!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10743 Jan 18, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you absolutely sure about that?
Of course I am sure about that! It is science about abiogenesis that is sure!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10744 Jan 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Still waiting for you to demonstrate how your god is anything more than a delusion. This is a reasonable question so stop avoiding it. Your belief in god is retarding you.
<quoted text>
You amuse me, because for more than 70 Years I don`t believe in no god at all. God is nonexisting so why should I be so crazy and believe in such a thing?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#10745 Jan 18, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but which religion?

There are thousands to choose from, each with their own "absolute truths".

They can't all be right but they sure as hell can all be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 45 min Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 232,877
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 10 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 10 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 10 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 17 hr Crazy Mess 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu thetruth 1,442
More from around the web