Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
10,021 - 10,040 of 21,501 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#10682 Jan 17, 2013
Strawman argument as expected. Ignored and rightly so.

Can you give is any reasons as to why your god is anything more than a delusion? Wrathbone claims that he himself is a god and creator of the universe, do you believe him? Do you worship him?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your solution big mouth? I mean, besides twisting and distorting the words of others. The atheistic position that life happened randomly for no particular reason and nothing matters in the end has about as much appeal to the intelligent thinking individual as a turd in a punch bowl!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#10683 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response was built on a number of false premises and assumptions.
However, how do you account for the concept of right and wrong?
Learning as a child how to get along with others is the start. How you treat others and how they respond teach you how to behave for the best social interaction.....that's just the start.

We learn about pain and pleasure as we go, our elders teach us the finer points sometimes but trial and error (personal experience) is what really counts.

I can read history of ALL nations, philosophy or novels and acquire more knowledge of good vs bad judgement than your outdated, conflicting and boring 'good' book.

You theists seem to think you invented the notion of morality....you didn't.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#10684 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you accept the idea that non-life produced life?
If you do, then my question is:
Did you observe that?
No and no.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#10685 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I reject your arbitrary claim of having superior scientific comprehension.
Why?
Because you still assert a "rock did it" without being able to supply any empirical evidence for it.
Why would I accept your authority if you cannot rationally establish a basis for your claim to greater knowledge on such a simple matter as this.
He has shown much more scientific knowledge than you could ever hope to display. Fact.

Also the little fact that you attempt to pronounce judgement on a concept you can't even begin to understand only accentuates your ignorance.

In your unwitting arrogance, you are a poster child in favor of atheism. Never drink and drive. Learn to separate reality from myths, they just don't mix well.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#10686 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a rational argument to make?
Already asked and answered, do try to move on.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#10687 Jan 17, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your solution big mouth? I mean, besides twisting and distorting the words of others. The atheistic position that life happened randomly for no particular reason and nothing matters in the end has about as much appeal to the intelligent thinking individual as a turd in a punch bowl!
What does truth and knowledge have to do with appeal? You only accept facts as facts if they are popular and appealing?

Very sad.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10688 Jan 17, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
What does truth and knowledge have to do with appeal? You only accept facts as facts if they are popular and appealing?
Very sad.
The myths of science are hardly truth and knowledge.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10689 Jan 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Strawman argument as expected. Ignored and rightly so.
Can you give is any reasons as to why your god is anything more than a delusion? Wrathbone claims that he himself is a god and creator of the universe, do you believe him? Do you worship him?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Do you really think that sounding like a broken record is going to drown out your opponents answers? You're like a kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and repeats the same shrill nonsense incessantly.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10690 Jan 17, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ, noticed in the news Algerian Islamic terrorists have kidnapped and killed some Western oil workers. I realise the justification is in retaliation for a war being fought in Mail. But this is obviously motivated by fundamentalist islam. What do you think of kidnap, holding people for ransom, and murder of innocent people. Do you think they will be rewarded with 72 virgins per muslim?
"Best way" to not answer and run away from any debate / discussion is to start some thing which has no relation with the topic under discussion and I have found most people "expert" on this trick!!

They would change the subject, faster that Politicians change their stance on any issue!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10691 Jan 17, 2013
Adam wrote:

have had a read of your book. Obviously a lot of work has gone into it. I in small part agree, that the Quran is better written than the Bible. This is because as a re-write of biblical stories, the human author(s) of the Quran were able to correct errors as they went along. Plus the writer(s) of the Quran were in no doubt very talented people. But the key question is the Quran the word of God. From what I have read it is like the Bible, words about God, by human authors, not the word of God. One give away, is both books write about God in the third person. For example the opening of the Quran addresses a prayer to Allah. It is not written as if God/Allah was talking about himself. Of course none of this proves the existence of unseen entities, of the existence of heaven, hell and 72 virgins. All of which could be the figment of over-active imaginations.

I have had a read of some of your docs on scribd. Your are obviously well versed in islam apologetics.

Intelligent people can believe stupid things, but are just good at finding clever reasons to excuse their beliefs.

What I think you are missing is the bigger picture. Like most muslims you view the world as Muslims v Christians and Jews. There are many many religions and gods throughout human history.

Just a selection:

Just imagine an alien coming to planet earth for the first time. Islam is no different to any of these other faiths, when viewed from that bigger perspective.
Ans.

1. No you cannot gloss over with a simple line as “Quran is better written than Bible”…. You HAVE to explain, how come some one who did not know how to read and write, could compose such a complicated story, without nay outside help and with one shot?

It would have been possible is a committee of Arab people had set upon task to revise Bible and each would have come with his own inputs and they would have discussed and come to a “conclusion”.

It did not happen like that, the prophet said “I got this info thru revelation and these are not my words but words spoken by an angel of God”.

And since no one could match these words, they HAD to believe that it came from God.

01. It is you who are coming up with an apology for Bible and not me. I do not view world as Muslims versus Jews or Christians …

I view world as Muslims versus Non Muslims!! And that is how it would happen in the hereafter.

All Prophets and their true followers would stand under the group called as “Muslims”(i.e. those who submitted themselves to their Creator) and all those who rejected ANY prophet of God would be under the category of Non Muslims (i.e. those who refused to submit themselves to their creator and put the issues of caste, color, ethnicity, language, nation, custom etc before the dictates of their Lord).

All these 1000 of religions and sects and suspects within the religion are handiworks of Humans. No prophet of God named his followers by ANY of these names.

I try to teach the truth as told by the prophets themselves and not by other humans.

Chicago, IL

#10692 Jan 17, 2013
Still waiting for you to demonstrate how your god is anything more than a delusion. This is a reasonable question so stop avoiding it. Your belief in god is retarding you.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that sounding like a broken record is going to drown out your opponents answers? You're like a kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and repeats the same shrill nonsense incessantly.

Chicago, IL

#10693 Jan 17, 2013
This is exactly what you do change the subject and run like hell when asked about Muslim female genital mutilation, suicide bombers, the gunning down of Malala, the holy she-camel of Allah and basically anything asked of you.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Best way" to not answer and run away from any debate / discussion is to start some thing which has no relation with the topic under discussion and I have found most people "expert" on this trick!!
They would change the subject, faster that Politicians change their stance on any issue!!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10695 Jan 18, 2013
Just calling you on your BS. If you want to interpret that as anger, it must be because you are constantly making arbitrary judgments.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a rational response to make, or can you only offer arbitrary opinions when you disagree with something?
Your hostility reveals some deep seated anger about something...
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10696 Jan 18, 2013
This is a great point. I'm often told "I love Evolution". No, I don't. Evolution is uncaring and mechanistic. It's also true.

I've more respect for polytheism than monotheism. Monotheism requires that you kiss the arse of a vindictive or at best negligent god.
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sad.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10697 Jan 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And since no one could match these words, they HAD to believe that it came from God.
Christians say the same thing about the Bible. Fundamentalists believe the bible is the word of God, free from any error. The bible contains no errors, whatsoever. Glory to God ;)

Of course we all know this is crazy and delusion. The bible is chock full of contradictions, errors and absurdities.

I admit the Quran has less errors and contradictions that the Bible. It helps having one author, whereas the bible had dozens of different authors, and busy pens of scribes and editors amending it.

Fact is mate, what religion you believe or disbelieve depends largely on where you were born, your family, community and country.
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

#10698 Jan 18, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think it is reasonable to have faith that "a rock did it"?
As per (Your) normal, you 'speak' in riddles. What rock did what? My other question is, Why am I even considering to respond to utter BS in the first place?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10699 Jan 18, 2013
OK, so when will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

#10700 Jan 18, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Your emotionally arbitrary statements show a lack of the capacity to reason clearly and objectively.
Every time you post in this manner, you merely display your ignorance of the methods of logical discussion and debate.
Pot & kettle?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10701 Jan 18, 2013
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think you don't need God, but you are composed of his energy regardless. If you weren't, you wouldn't be here to tell me about it.
Anchk, anchk, anchk, anchk! Not so damned fast, you can't claim that for anyone besides those demented enough to want it for themselves.

Not everybody is Ok with being Shanghaied, into the Jewish/Christain/Muslim theology scramble. Some of us, would do anything to not be ever associated with you nutso freaks, who don't even know the truth about the crap you are trying to sling all over other people.

Did you know that your Abrahamic god advocates the sexual usury of infants as soon as they are born. He has clear rules as to how invasive this usury can be. Boy or girl can be orally or anally penetrated, and both can be used in connection with the adult penis, as masturbatory aids, though the girl is not to be vaginally penetrated.

She is to be vaginally reserved for the use of her future husband, who can take possession, and marry her in one act, the act of vaginal penetration. It suffices as both wedding ceremony and proof of ownership, as long as she is at least three years and one day old. You know 'weaned and potty trained', and therefore old enough to be a wife.

Unless you know what you are slathering others with, you can expect them to slap it back in your face, especially when they can see what it is.

You are pushing Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah aren't you?
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

#10702 Jan 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot & kettle, again. You have expertly described the chatterer most of us on here know as MUQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,320
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 25 min Jaimie 46
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr NightSerf 420
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 3 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 3 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 6 hr Thinking 11
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr ChristineM 902
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••