Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,043

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10355 Jan 15, 2013
People make god in their image.
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
My version of God...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10356 Jan 15, 2013
wrote:
1. Liberty:

It had more to do with people yawning at your extremely bad logical fallacy arguments. So will you finally tell us about the holy she-camel of Allah that the prophet Muhammad foretold?

2. KK

Because we have gotten use to ignoring you now. Until you start actually using logic and reason, you should get use to it.

3RP

What you have told (difficult part?) is meaningless. It has no bearing on anything pertaining to myself.

M .

4.RP:

Just how many millions of years was your professor hallucinating? Evolution does take quite a few ....

He did think the machines were made of organic and alive material, right? Of course he did, he thought that they evolved

5.RP:

Maybe it's because you discount any of our comments as not what you think is the only possible reaction to your crap.

Or maybe it's because your postings are devolving into pure dipshittery.

6. Liberty:

That's not true we all laughed at your ignorance and how a child in a first world country with a 5th grade education could do better.

7. Adam:

In your post you said "No Transitional forms were discovered and shall never be discovered, because there is nothing like Transitional Forms in reality."

Yet since Darwin came up with his theory 150 years ago, we have since discovered many transitional fossils. As well as a rich variety of transitional fossils, other sciences have developed so there is now DNA evidence proving our evolution. We also have a better understaning of the biogeographical distribution of species, the anatomy of animals, etc. All of which points to evolution, and not to special creation.

8. Think

Well, that's what happens when you are so wrong in so many different ways...
Ans.

Well guys, I have combined all the "fan mail" I got for past 24 hours.

And you can see that hardly any one will pass the criterion of my posting any answers to these posts.

The "Only" worthwhile post where I can say some thing is the "Claim" by Mr. Adam that "After the claim of Darwin 160 years ago, we HAVE (emphasis is mine-MUQ) discovered MANY (emphasis is again mine-MUQ) that PROVE (Again Emphasis is mine-MUQ) that TOE is indeed correct and scientific!!

And new DNA evidence further proves the TOE!!

(So we can say Our Great Charles Darwin, was justified posthumously!! He did not know any thing about DNA, but his genius foresaw that future development).

Just remember those Transitional Life forms which I mentioned in my story… BULLHORSE, HORSE-BULL, HORSE-CYCLO, CYCLO-HORSE etc.

Any broken Jaw bone, a single teeth, collected from here and there separated by hundreds of thousands of years and by thousands of miles in space….they just provide "irrefutable proofs" that this "Semi Scientific, Semi Philosophical " Toe is 100 % scientific!!

I do not know, how much more they will misuse the name of Science before discarding this theory into the heap of imagination at work!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10357 Jan 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ, good morning, or good afternoon in your time zone.

The objections to evolution are usually based on religious grounds, not on the facts. The facts are life forms evolve over long periods of time from simple to more complex forms. This is confirmed in the fossil record.

Now turning to fantasy world of the Quran. The author/s knew nothing of this, because their story telling was simply a rehash of the stories from the bible.

Moses is mentioned 136 times in the Quran. The supposed author of Gensis and all those insane laws, is a hero in the Quran. 6 day creation, noah's flood and other myths, are just the campfire stories of one particular tribe of goat herders in ancient history.

We now live in the 21st century. Isnt it time we moved on from myths and accepted scientific explanations?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10358 Jan 15, 2013
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation stop?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
And you can see that hardly any one will pass the criterion of my posting any answers to these posts.
The "Only" worthwhile post where I can say some thing is the "Claim" by Mr. Adam that "After the claim of Darwin 160 years ago, we HAVE (emphasis is mine-MUQ) discovered MANY (emphasis is again mine-MUQ) that PROVE (Again Emphasis is mine-MUQ) that TOE is indeed correct and scientific!!
(So we can say Our Great Charles Darwin, was justified posthumously!! He did not know any thing about DNA, but his genius foresaw that future development).
Just remember those Transitional Life forms which I mentioned in my story… BULLHORSE, HORSE-BULL, HORSE-CYCLO, CYCLO-HORSE etc.
Any broken Jaw bone, a single teeth, collected from here and there separated by hundreds of thousands of years and by thousands of miles in space….they just provide "irrefutable proofs" that this "Semi Scientific, Semi Philosophical " Toe is 100 % scientific!!
I do not know, how much more they will misuse the name of Science before discarding this theory into the heap of imagination at work!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10359 Jan 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Have you seen no many "Mental giants" stuttering at one and the same time?
Look at these "reactions" to my post. Each one going in a different direction!! No two answers are same!!
That is because we are cognizant human beings with the capacity for thought. We would have to be brain dead and cloned sheep to all have the same addled thoughts.

.... and you should know that it's true, that the only answer that you can think of, is not the only answer there is.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10360 Jan 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
MUQ= Sheep(addled brained clone)

Since: Oct 12

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#10361 Jan 15, 2013
Wrathbone wrote:
None are so blind as he who will not see. God need not work miracles to convince atheists. Even adversity teaches. He leaves them to live their error knowing they must walk the path of their choice. His ordinary works are self evident to those who can see with the eyes of their souls.
Which part of your body do they look through? LOL
rio

UK

#10362 Jan 15, 2013
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
so they DID IMPOSE REFORMS ON GERMANY AND JAPAN BY BOMBING AND INVADING THEIR COUNTRIES.
How stupid and twisted can you get stupid moron.

Germany and japanm would never have been bombed and invaded if they had not declared war on their enemies first.

Their defeat was the result of a conflict they had created, and not a reform programme from the allies.

Such stupid prick you are!!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10363 Jan 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation stop?<quoted text>
Not in our lifetimes. I see Muslim women round here dressed in burkas trailing behind their husbands. They seemingly have not moved on from the 7th century. Such sexist attitudes are so ingrained I guess it will take a very long time to change.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10364 Jan 15, 2013
ExcommunicateThis wrote:
Well, atheism is already the majority view amongst the population of the world in general, even if people go through the motions of religion just to fit in with others of their tribe.
Saudi Arabia is one of the fiercest antidemocratic nations in the world, but the US iskeeping friendship with it. European countries are rearming it with newest weapons and the Saudis are warlike in their regions!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10365 Jan 15, 2013
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
rio/ronan is quite a fan of sharia,he refers to the Taliban as "freedom fighters" and states it is there "right" to murder 15 yr old girls who want an education.
That is the kind of US is ruling the most war like western country!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10366 Jan 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So any dogma, any god, huh? Just pick ourselves a god, or make one up, just as long as we have chosen something to use against you, and to condemn you with, right?
Ok, my new atheist god is Reason, no other god can stand against it. That leaves you with just one problem .... newborns. As long as they have not yet chosen a god, they are the atheists. They are your society poison now.
No, not the atheists are the poison, the antiquated capitalist systems. Without it a horrendous third war may devaste humanity.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10367 Jan 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There is a lot of crazy sharia crap already being put in place in by Karzai's government in Afghanistan. Doesn't look great for women's rights.
<quoted text>
Half of the woman population are suppressed in the capitalist world. They have no freedom! Religions are a big handicap and should get prohibited in the public. Religion may stay in the private not as a public ressort.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10368 Jan 15, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't do differently ...
You just spemd your time on Topix, thinking that will change the world...
Of course Topix will not change the world, that is true, but to do nothing is not the solution either!
Lincoln

United States

#10369 Jan 15, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of the woman population are suppressed in the capitalist world. They have no freedom! Religions are a big handicap and should get prohibited in the public. Religion may stay in the private not as a public ressort.
In the communist countries like East Germany women were shot for trying to leave atheist East Germany.

"Suppressed" is wrong but at least you are alive.

Point !
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#10370 Jan 15, 2013
Wrathbone wrote:
None are so blind as he who will not see. God need not work miracles to convince atheists. Even adversity teaches. He leaves them to live their error knowing they must walk the path of their choice. His ordinary works are self evident to those who can see with the eyes of their souls.
There was no god and there will never be one. Only a different world may garantee a survival of our world! Without reality we will perish!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10371 Jan 15, 2013
Muq runs and hides from questions like this. He jut flat refuses to answer them and says you are being ridiculous.
Thinking wrote:
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation stop?
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10372 Jan 15, 2013
Ozada wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting! So you have created god in you own image.
In North America there are roughly 38,000 different churches, cults etc. that believe more or less in the christian god. Apparently there is only one god so someone has it wrong.
Weird huh?
Men have created gods in their own image for centuries....superhuman versions of themselves...one dimensional concepts based upon man's limited knowledge of his own psychology. The biblical god is a human construct and no different than other gods that have come and gone.

As mankind grows in knowledge, his god constructs tend to change in keeping with the times. While a majority of people say they believe in God, they describe God as an undefinable force field or source of inconceivable power or something greater than themselves but not as a supreme being. They no longer see an old white haired father-god image with a flowing beard meteing out reward and punishment.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#10373 Jan 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you are a self proclaimed deity?
:psssst I will keep him talking you go draw up the tranquilizers and call in the men in the white coats:
So do tell us godhead member? What are your solutions for humanity?
Effing loony toon....
<quoted text>
In the nuclear age we have to end capitalism very soon, very quick to survive as a human race.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#10374 Jan 15, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
In the nuclear age we have to end capitalism very soon, very quick to survive as a human race.
that is true....We need a society like in Star Trek...Where evryone works to better themself and help humanity..........where greed and money and class is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min waaasssuuup 230,959
Our world came from nothing? 31 min Carchar king 1,104
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 9 hr Hooogle It 77
Evidence for God! 13 hr Uncle Sam 43
Heaven 13 hr susanblange 42
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 22 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,391
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Wed Dally Mama 5,583

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE