Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
9,681 - 9,700 of 21,382 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Have you seen no many "Mental giants" stuttering at one and the same time?
Look at these "reactions" to my post. Each one going in a different direction!! No two answers are same!!
Well, that's what happens when you are so wrong in so many different ways...
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

If only those sunnis and shiites blowing each other up thought as much of humanity as you.
rhondagraymond wrote:
humanity be the new religion and our soul our god.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Thinking wrote:
If only those sunnis and shiites blowing each other up thought as much of humanity as you.
<quoted text>
It may be based more on nationalism than Sunni vs Shiia
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

But sunni vs shiite bombings happen in many countries, so I'm going to disagree.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be based more on nationalism than Sunni vs Shiia

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider it a terrible thing!
The UN Charter specifically forbid the invasion of countries to change their government. You just cannot invade a country because you don't like its government.
In any case, the intervention in Afghanistan, under the pretexte of US national security, was pure imperialism, with absolutely not regard for the population. Al Qaeda was in Pakistan and its backers in Saudi Arabia!
Now, the stories about "establishing an educated population", "women's rights" and so on are used to gloss over and give some form of legitimacy to the invasion of a country and its regime change.
Like in the past, it is bound to fail. Once the coalition forces will withdraw, the Taliban will come back in anger, swipe aside the Karzai government and violently re-establish its authority. In fact, for many this war has given legitimacy to the Taliban as the resistance to Western occupation.
That's on the cards and it already happened when the Soviets left Afghanistan in the same circumstances.
When will Western countries understand that they cannot impose reforms in a country by invading it and bombing its population? Changes always must come from within as part of an evolution and not be brutaly imposed.
so right RIO/RONAN ,the allies in no way imposed reforms on Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan after WW2 ........did they?
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
so right RIO/RONAN ,the allies in no way imposed reforms on Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan after WW2 ........did they?
I am surprised that you don't know that prior to Hitler (up to 1933), Germany was a democracy.
So once Hitler and his party had been defeated, Germany was able to return to its democratic institutions. They were never imposed by the allies.

In Japan, the US were quite prudent in leaving the Emperor Hiro-Hito in place as head of state, instead of judging him as war criminal. The reforms were very superficial and not imposed. Japan always had a liberal audience that came to the fore when the warlords were tried and executed. Japan was allowed to trade military power against economic power, and gain self esteem that way.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

There is a lot of crazy sharia crap already being put in place in by Karzai's government in Afghanistan. Doesn't look great for women's rights.
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
As bad as it is, what they do in their country isn't our business.
You wouldn't like it if any country proposed to invade the US to stop the mass shooting happening in your schools, would you?
It's the pot calling the kettle black, eh?
Every country has its fanatics, and that gives no one an excuse to attack it. Well, unless you live in the White House that is. Then, you can even ignore the UN and pursue an aggressive foreign policy, of course.
Sooo....basically you just like to set on your duff and gripe. Are you sure typing isn't also too strenuous for you?
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
There is a lot of crazy sharia crap already being put in place in by Karzai's government in Afghanistan. Doesn't look great for women's rights.
<quoted text>
And the West supports him, like it supports Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen, Oman, etc... that all have Sharia law !!!
All great friends of the West...
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo....basically you just like to set on your duff and gripe. Are you sure typing isn't also too strenuous for you?
You don't do differently ...

You just spemd your time on Topix, thinking that will change the world...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised that you don't know that prior to Hitler (up to 1933), Germany was a democracy.
So once Hitler and his party had been defeated, Germany was able to return to its democratic institutions. They were never imposed by the allies.
In Japan, the US were quite prudent in leaving the Emperor Hiro-Hito in place as head of state, instead of judging him as war criminal. The reforms were very superficial and not imposed. Japan always had a liberal audience that came to the fore when the warlords were tried and executed. Japan was allowed to trade military power against economic power, and gain self esteem that way.
so they DID IMPOSE REFORMS ON GERMANY AND JAPAN BY BOMBING AND INVADING THEIR COUNTRIES.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
rio/ronan is quite a fan of sharia,he refers to the Taliban as "freedom fighters" and states it is there "right" to murder 15 yr old girls who want an education.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

100% agree. Rio the taqiyya boy never fooled me.
I can sniff out his sort a mile off.
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
rio/ronan is quite a fan of sharia,he refers to the Taliban as "freedom fighters" and states it is there "right" to murder 15 yr old girls who want an education.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Communist countries were atheist, dumbass.
Marxism is atheist!
One of the two Koreas proves you wrong.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Marxist were most likely atheists but may have had exceptions.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

None are so blind as he who will not see. God need not work miracles to convince atheists. Even adversity teaches. He leaves them to live their error knowing they must walk the path of their choice. His ordinary works are self evident to those who can see with the eyes of their souls.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Why did god do all those parlor tricks in the past, then?
Wrathbone wrote:
None are so blind as he who will not see. God need not work miracles to convince atheists. Even adversity teaches. He leaves them to live their error knowing they must walk the path of their choice. His ordinary works are self evident to those who can see with the eyes of their souls.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Why did god do all those parlor tricks in the past, then?
<quoted text>
Don't know. My version of God is not the biblical god. An absolute god doesn't belong in a democratic society anymore than an absolute king does. Don't want what science offers either. That framework is too narrow to contain my experience. Too narrow and limited to offer any real solutions to the problems of the world. I envison myself as being part of indivisible godhead or source to which I give individual expression through the actions of my life, but for which no person or group or dogma or book can presume to speak in absolute terms.

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
My version of God is not the biblical god. An absolute god doesn't belong in a democratic society anymore than an absolute king does. Don't want what science offers either. That framework is too narrow to contain my experience. Too narrow and limited to offer any real solutions to the problems of the world. I envison myself as being part of indivisible godhead or source to which I give individual expression through the actions of my life, but for which no person or group or dogma or book can presume to speak in absolute terms.
Interesting! So you have created god in you own image.

In North America there are roughly 38,000 different churches, cults etc. that believe more or less in the christian god. Apparently there is only one god so someone has it wrong.

Weird huh?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

So you are a self proclaimed deity?

:psssst I will keep him talking you go draw up the tranquilizers and call in the men in the white coats:

So do tell us godhead member? What are your solutions for humanity?

Effing loony toon....
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know. My version of God is not the biblical god. An absolute god doesn't belong in a democratic society anymore than an absolute king does. Don't want what science offers either. That framework is too narrow to contain my experience. Too narrow and limited to offer any real solutions to the problems of the world. I envison myself as being part of indivisible godhead or source to which I give individual expression through the actions of my life, but for which no person or group or dogma or book can presume to speak in absolute terms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 224,041
Our world came from nothing? 13 min Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 1 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Patrick 359
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 23 hr Patrick 1,285
•••
•••