Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

rio

Bromley, UK

#10325 Jan 14, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Anyway, it is probably a good thing NATO are there now or the Taliban could have oppressed people for heaven knows how long. At least there is a chance of re-establishing an educated population in a stable country in the comparatively near future now. Women's rights now stand a chance too - a key ingredient to a stable and prosperous society.
I consider it a terrible thing!
The UN Charter specifically forbid the invasion of countries to change their government. You just cannot invade a country because you don't like its government.

In any case, the intervention in Afghanistan, under the pretexte of US national security, was pure imperialism, with absolutely not regard for the population. Al Qaeda was in Pakistan and its backers in Saudi Arabia!

Now, the stories about "establishing an educated population", "women's rights" and so on are used to gloss over and give some form of legitimacy to the invasion of a country and its regime change.

Like in the past, it is bound to fail. Once the coalition forces will withdraw, the Taliban will come back in anger, swipe aside the Karzai government and violently re-establish its authority. In fact, for many this war has given legitimacy to the Taliban as the resistance to Western occupation.

That's on the cards and it already happened when the Soviets left Afghanistan in the same circumstances.

When will Western countries understand that they cannot impose reforms in a country by invading it and bombing its population? Changes always must come from within as part of an evolution and not be brutaly imposed.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10326 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Strange case of A Professor from Outer Space visiting Earth
Just how many millions of years was your professor hallucinating? Evolution does take quite a few ....

He did think the machines were made of organic and alive material, right? Of course he did, he thought that they evolved. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, Sorry, sorry HA, HA, HA, Oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, my ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha.

Earth,TX

#10327 Jan 14, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is to society what arsenic is to the human body.
Both can support it in small doses where it is even beneficial.
But if you overdose on it, it's fatal.
So any dogma, any god, huh? Just pick ourselves a god, or make one up, just as long as we have chosen something to use against you, and to condemn you with, right?

Ok, my new atheist god is Reason, no other god can stand against it. That leaves you with just one problem .... newborns. As long as they have not yet chosen a god, they are the atheists. They are your society poison now.

Earth,TX

#10328 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Is it not strange?
When I mentioned the analogy of a speeding train hitting some one standing on track with eyes closed shut, I got 6 or 7 responses.
When I mentioned about a beautiful painting found on a street, there were 4 or 5 responses.
Now I mentioned a strange case of a "professor from outer space" solving the "mystery" of "complex mode of transportation" on this earth....and there is no one commenting on it!!
Very strange phenomenon indeed!!
Maybe it's because you discount any of our comments as not what you think is the only possible reaction to your crap. A dozen zoned out religitards hearing your story would all have the reaction, you led them to have.

One hundred of us, would have one hundred different reactions, and quite likely none of them would meet with your approval, though it's probable that some of us, would have comments that were very similar to each others, but then maybe none of us would.

Or maybe it's because your postings are devolving into pure dipshittery.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10329 Jan 14, 2013
Have you seen no many "Mental giants" stuttering at one and the same time?

Look at these "reactions" to my post. Each one going in a different direction!! No two answers are same!!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#10330 Jan 14, 2013
That's not true we all laughed at your ignorance and how a child in a first world country with a 5th grade education could do better.
MUQ wrote:
Look at these "reactions" to my post. Each one going in a different direction!! No two answers are same!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10331 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now I mentioned a strange case of a "professor from outer space" solving the "mystery" of "complex mode of transportation" on this earth....and there is no one commenting on it!!
Very strange phenomenon indeed!!
Your ant-evolution post just displayed your ignorance of science. You need to study evolution and science to understand it.

In your post you said "No Transitional forms were discovered and shall never be discovered, because there is nothing like Transitional Forms in reality."

Yet since Darwin came up with his theory 150 years ago, we have since discovered many transitional fossils. As well as a rich variety of transitional fossils, other sciences have developed so there is now DNA evidence proving our evolution. We also have a better understaning of the biogeographical distribution of species, the anatomy of animals, etc. All of which points to evolution, and not to special creation.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10332 Jan 14, 2013
humanity be the new religion and our soul our god.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10333 Jan 14, 2013
Cuba? F**k me you're a dumb one, even for a taqiyya boy.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Communist countries were atheist, dumbass.
Marxism is atheist!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10334 Jan 14, 2013
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation stop?
MUQ wrote:

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#10335 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Well, that's what happens when you are so wrong in so many different ways...
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10336 Jan 14, 2013
If only those sunnis and shiites blowing each other up thought as much of humanity as you.
rhondagraymond wrote:
humanity be the new religion and our soul our god.
Lincoln

United States

#10337 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If only those sunnis and shiites blowing each other up thought as much of humanity as you.
<quoted text>
It may be based more on nationalism than Sunni vs Shiia
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10338 Jan 14, 2013
But sunni vs shiite bombings happen in many countries, so I'm going to disagree.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be based more on nationalism than Sunni vs Shiia

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#10339 Jan 14, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider it a terrible thing!
The UN Charter specifically forbid the invasion of countries to change their government. You just cannot invade a country because you don't like its government.
In any case, the intervention in Afghanistan, under the pretexte of US national security, was pure imperialism, with absolutely not regard for the population. Al Qaeda was in Pakistan and its backers in Saudi Arabia!
Now, the stories about "establishing an educated population", "women's rights" and so on are used to gloss over and give some form of legitimacy to the invasion of a country and its regime change.
Like in the past, it is bound to fail. Once the coalition forces will withdraw, the Taliban will come back in anger, swipe aside the Karzai government and violently re-establish its authority. In fact, for many this war has given legitimacy to the Taliban as the resistance to Western occupation.
That's on the cards and it already happened when the Soviets left Afghanistan in the same circumstances.
When will Western countries understand that they cannot impose reforms in a country by invading it and bombing its population? Changes always must come from within as part of an evolution and not be brutaly imposed.
so right RIO/RONAN ,the allies in no way imposed reforms on Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan after WW2 ........did they?
rio

Bromley, UK

#10340 Jan 14, 2013
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
so right RIO/RONAN ,the allies in no way imposed reforms on Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan after WW2 ........did they?
I am surprised that you don't know that prior to Hitler (up to 1933), Germany was a democracy.
So once Hitler and his party had been defeated, Germany was able to return to its democratic institutions. They were never imposed by the allies.

In Japan, the US were quite prudent in leaving the Emperor Hiro-Hito in place as head of state, instead of judging him as war criminal. The reforms were very superficial and not imposed. Japan always had a liberal audience that came to the fore when the warlords were tried and executed. Japan was allowed to trade military power against economic power, and gain self esteem that way.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10341 Jan 14, 2013
There is a lot of crazy sharia crap already being put in place in by Karzai's government in Afghanistan. Doesn't look great for women's rights.
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#10342 Jan 14, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
As bad as it is, what they do in their country isn't our business.
You wouldn't like it if any country proposed to invade the US to stop the mass shooting happening in your schools, would you?
It's the pot calling the kettle black, eh?
Every country has its fanatics, and that gives no one an excuse to attack it. Well, unless you live in the White House that is. Then, you can even ignore the UN and pursue an aggressive foreign policy, of course.
Sooo....basically you just like to set on your duff and gripe. Are you sure typing isn't also too strenuous for you?
rio

Bromley, UK

#10343 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There is a lot of crazy sharia crap already being put in place in by Karzai's government in Afghanistan. Doesn't look great for women's rights.
<quoted text>
And the West supports him, like it supports Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen, Oman, etc... that all have Sharia law !!!
All great friends of the West...
rio

Bromley, UK

#10344 Jan 14, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo....basically you just like to set on your duff and gripe. Are you sure typing isn't also too strenuous for you?
You don't do differently ...

You just spemd your time on Topix, thinking that will change the world...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 43 min ATHEOI 27
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 47 min ATHEOI 189
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 53 min ATHEOI 45,414
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 57 min Aura Mytha 20,198
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 417
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 9,499
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 7 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 278
More from around the web