Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
9,661 - 9,680 of 21,490 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that makes sense.
I guess like a lot of things, the bondaries get a bit blurred.
Was the west defending itself against the people of Afghanistan, or perhaps Saudi Arabia, as 15 of the hijackers were from that nation?
In the exceedingly unlikely event of the NRA destroying the Shanghai WFC.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9MIKk1_hhYQ/Sumaqw4...
I wonder whether China would get UN support to invade America.
I don't think anyone would suggest the West was defending itself from the people of Afghanistan. I thought the idea was to defend the people of Afghanistan and the West from Al-Q and Taliban oppression and violence?

People say things like "The West invaded Afghanistan and Iraq" as if the attack was on the nation or the people instead of oppresive regimes therein. The aim was obviously to defend them and us. Talk about things getting blurred - that is exactly right. That is why when I was in the Army I always mistrusted the UK politicians and public as much as any enemy to the front,(for different reasons obviously!:-)

Everyone does their best from their own viewpoint, but it is a fairly chaotic and ignorant world. People talk of the Taliban as if they are an homogenous group, but they range from the lad who just thinks his family is in danger at lashes out at 'the foreign invaders' all the way to the ideologues and fanatics like senior Al-Q leaders. Most of the Taliban we can probably work with quite well and the very first of the early movement seem to have been fine men.

Someone once said that it only took 50,000 armed men to lay-waste to a nation of 20 millions. As I see it, the majority of us need to establish some solidarity against the violent minority. It doesn't matter if one is Western, Afghan, Muslim or atheist. The important thing is to establish peace and democracy as far as possible. Perhaps we have learned from past interventions how very badly such interventions can go wrong? However, many Syrians don't currently think so and see the West as self-interested and at best and uncaring or perfidious at worst.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
They are fanatic in the defense of their country mostly, and the maintainance of their culture and traditions.
You have a problem with that?
You are a fanatic against Muslims!
they have traditions which we tolerate.

We hang murders, one of our traditions.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way
The school shootings in America were carried out by lone whackjobs and not by a movement that would, given the chance be the government.
Valid, but not exactly a comfort.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Syria is descending into the usual sunni/shiite shitfest. Like Northern Ireland but with kilodeaths.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think anyone would suggest the West was defending itself from the people of Afghanistan. I thought the idea was to defend the people of Afghanistan and the West from Al-Q and Taliban oppression and violence?
People say things like "The West invaded Afghanistan and Iraq" as if the attack was on the nation or the people instead of oppresive regimes therein. The aim was obviously to defend them and us. Talk about things getting blurred - that is exactly right. That is why when I was in the Army I always mistrusted the UK politicians and public as much as any enemy to the front,(for different reasons obviously!:-)
Everyone does their best from their own viewpoint, but it is a fairly chaotic and ignorant world. People talk of the Taliban as if they are an homogenous group, but they range from the lad who just thinks his family is in danger at lashes out at 'the foreign invaders' all the way to the ideologues and fanatics like senior Al-Q leaders. Most of the Taliban we can probably work with quite well and the very first of the early movement seem to have been fine men.
Someone once said that it only took 50,000 armed men to lay-waste to a nation of 20 millions. As I see it, the majority of us need to establish some solidarity against the violent minority. It doesn't matter if one is Western, Afghan, Muslim or atheist. The important thing is to establish peace and democracy as far as possible. Perhaps we have learned from past interventions how very badly such interventions can go wrong? However, many Syrians don't currently think so and see the West as self-interested and at best and uncaring or perfidious at worst.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Is it not strange?

When I mentioned the analogy of a speeding train hitting some one standing on track with eyes closed shut, I got 6 or 7 responses.

When I mentioned about a beautiful painting found on a street, there were 4 or 5 responses.

Now I mentioned a strange case of a "professor from outer space" solving the "mystery" of "complex mode of transportation" on this earth....and there is no one commenting on it!!

Very strange phenomenon indeed!!

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Flew in his old age mentally declined and became a deist, he most likely didn't write the majority of his last book on God. And this is persuasive how?

Even if he still had his marbles when he became a deist, so what? His concept of God is a more philosophical proposition rather than an actual sky wizard anyways.

Again, why should anyone accept god as anything more than the figment of someone's imagination?
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>I will respond to your posts if they contain any indication of logical argument. Thus far it has shone by its absence. You are welcome to study why Antony Flew, The World's Most Notorious (ex)Atheist came to the conclusion that there is a god. But then, he was not intelligent to start with. OH no!! being an atheist, he must have been. So..... confusion reigns my friend and you know it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

It had more to do with people yawning at your extremely bad logical fallacy arguments. So will you finally tell us about the holy she-camel of Allah that the prophet Muhammad foretold?
MUQ wrote:
Is it not strange?
When I mentioned the analogy of a speeding train hitting some one standing on track with eyes closed shut, I got 6 or 7 responses.
When I mentioned about a beautiful painting found on a street, there were 4 or 5 responses.
Now I mentioned a strange case of a "professor from outer space" solving the "mystery" of "complex mode of transportation" on this earth....and there is no one commenting on it!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Is it not strange?
Because we have gotten use to ignoring you now. Until you start actually using logic and reason, you should get use to it.
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said they were atheist countries? You're getting tangled up in your lies...
Communist countries were atheist, dumbass.
Marxism is atheist!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I got four replies on my "Painting Analogy", here I Post a common reply to those:
01. Thinking:
For him, the idea of God killing people by hitting them with trains is itself ridicules. These are "dumb people" in any class room. They have no imagination.
And in fact people dieing and making room for others is also a "mercy" from God..
02. GM:
He tried to sound Wise by making a sort of wise crack on the post. Such people are what we used to call as "court jesters". They would not take any issue seriously.
03. KK:
He / She (I do not know if the avatar posted on thread is real or to mislead the people) tries to prove that "Group A" were very wise.
The "reason" why painting was left in the street was that people should search and come to meet the Master Painter … but these wise guys got so much engrossed in analyzing the painting that they forgot the main purpose.
It is like some one called to King's banquet and when reaches there is "busy" in looking at the artworks, statues, furnishing….etc. that he "has no time: to look at the King standing next to him and looking at him!!
These "wise people" got so much info about painting but so little about the Master Painter….so much so that they even started saying "No Master Painter made it, it just came here by chance!!
04. RP
I told many times that people choose names to get over with the "difficult part". What they write has no connection to their names. And the answer justifies my claim.
I clarified that "Wise Group" got to know so much about the painting that they had "No time" for the "master painter", while the "Dumb Group" came near to the Master Painter and fulfilled the "purpose" for which the painting was left in the street.
The Painter did not want people to not give any attention to the painting, but the intent was "not to get so much engrossed in the painting that to forget the Master Painter"!!
What you have told (difficult part?) is meaningless. It has no bearing on anything pertaining to myself.

Maybe you should explain to master painter that if he wants all the focus on himself, next time he should leave the paintings inside the house and lay his own carcass as bait out in the road.
That way everyone would know that master baiter needs everyone's attention, approval and thier agreement that he alone is the master painter.
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Anyway, it is probably a good thing NATO are there now or the Taliban could have oppressed people for heaven knows how long. At least there is a chance of re-establishing an educated population in a stable country in the comparatively near future now. Women's rights now stand a chance too - a key ingredient to a stable and prosperous society.
I consider it a terrible thing!
The UN Charter specifically forbid the invasion of countries to change their government. You just cannot invade a country because you don't like its government.

In any case, the intervention in Afghanistan, under the pretexte of US national security, was pure imperialism, with absolutely not regard for the population. Al Qaeda was in Pakistan and its backers in Saudi Arabia!

Now, the stories about "establishing an educated population", "women's rights" and so on are used to gloss over and give some form of legitimacy to the invasion of a country and its regime change.

Like in the past, it is bound to fail. Once the coalition forces will withdraw, the Taliban will come back in anger, swipe aside the Karzai government and violently re-establish its authority. In fact, for many this war has given legitimacy to the Taliban as the resistance to Western occupation.

That's on the cards and it already happened when the Soviets left Afghanistan in the same circumstances.

When will Western countries understand that they cannot impose reforms in a country by invading it and bombing its population? Changes always must come from within as part of an evolution and not be brutaly imposed.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Strange case of A Professor from Outer Space visiting Earth
Just how many millions of years was your professor hallucinating? Evolution does take quite a few ....

He did think the machines were made of organic and alive material, right? Of course he did, he thought that they evolved. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, Sorry, sorry HA, HA, HA, Oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, my ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is to society what arsenic is to the human body.
Both can support it in small doses where it is even beneficial.
But if you overdose on it, it's fatal.
So any dogma, any god, huh? Just pick ourselves a god, or make one up, just as long as we have chosen something to use against you, and to condemn you with, right?

Ok, my new atheist god is Reason, no other god can stand against it. That leaves you with just one problem .... newborns. As long as they have not yet chosen a god, they are the atheists. They are your society poison now.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Is it not strange?
Maybe it's because you discount any of our comments as not what you think is the only possible reaction to your crap. A dozen zoned out religitards hearing your story would all have the reaction, you led them to have.

One hundred of us, would have one hundred different reactions, and quite likely none of them would meet with your approval, though it's probable that some of us, would have comments that were very similar to each others, but then maybe none of us would.

Or maybe it's because your postings are devolving into pure dipshittery.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Have you seen no many "Mental giants" stuttering at one and the same time?

Look at these "reactions" to my post. Each one going in a different direction!! No two answers are same!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

That's not true we all laughed at your ignorance and how a child in a first world country with a 5th grade education could do better.
MUQ wrote:
Look at these "reactions" to my post. Each one going in a different direction!! No two answers are same!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Your ant-evolution post just displayed your ignorance of science. You need to study evolution and science to understand it.

In your post you said "No Transitional forms were discovered and shall never be discovered, because there is nothing like Transitional Forms in reality."

Yet since Darwin came up with his theory 150 years ago, we have since discovered many transitional fossils. As well as a rich variety of transitional fossils, other sciences have developed so there is now DNA evidence proving our evolution. We also have a better understaning of the biogeographical distribution of species, the anatomy of animals, etc. All of which points to evolution, and not to special creation.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

humanity be the new religion and our soul our god.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Cuba? F**k me you're a dumb one, even for a taqiyya boy.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Communist countries were atheist, dumbass.
Marxism is atheist!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation stop?
MUQ wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 12 min Tuco Blondie 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr USN Atheist 32
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr KiMare 226,146
100% Faith Free 3 hr religionislies 7
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr NightSerf 395
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 11 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 14 hr Patrick 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••