Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
9,641 - 9,660 of 21,409 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

taqiyya is a muslim's way of life.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie like its a hobby.
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
bullshit!
you refer to the Taliban as "freedom fighters",you don,t think they are fanatics?
No.
They defend their conutry from a foreign invasion.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are ok when they are in a minority, but dangerous when they reach power in a society.
Could you imagine the US with 200 millions of KittenKoders? That would be a dictature of atheists, and they would persecute, discriminate and kill any sort of believers!!
Drama queen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate? never.
I am just very warry of fanatics, which ever side they come from, theism or atheism. Any belief of doctrine pushed to its paroxism is dangerous.
I think a lot of Western "atheists" should have visited the Soviet Union 3 or 4 decades ago and seen with their own eyes what can be done in the name of atheism!
Yawn...it wasn't done in the name of atheism, it was done in the name of communism.

Honestly, you're making yourself look ridiculous.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
They also try to kill 14-year-old girls for wanting an education.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
there you have it,RIO thinks that men who attempt to murder a 15 yr old schoolgirl for wanting to get an education are NOT "fanatics"

strange ideas on fanatics indeed.
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...it wasn't done in the name of atheism, it was done in the name of communism.
Communism is only an atheist get-together under a marxist banner, old boy!

We have been there (some of us) and bought the T-shirt...
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
They also try to kill 14-year-old girls for wanting an education.
As bad as it is, what they do in their country isn't our business.

You wouldn't like it if any country proposed to invade the US to stop the mass shooting happening in your schools, would you?

It's the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

Every country has its fanatics, and that gives no one an excuse to attack it. Well, unless you live in the White House that is. Then, you can even ignore the UN and pursue an aggressive foreign policy, of course.
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
there you have it,RIO thinks that men who attempt to murder a 15 yr old schoolgirl for wanting to get an education are NOT "fanatics"
strange ideas on fanatics indeed.
They are fanatic in the defense of their country mostly, and the maintainance of their culture and traditions.

You have a problem with that?

You are a fanatic against Muslims!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Communism is only an atheist get-together under a marxist banner, old boy!
We have been there (some of us) and bought the T-shirt...
No, its really not. You know, there are entire libraries of books you could read to educate yourself. Good luck with that...
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its really not. You know, there are entire libraries of books you could read to educate yourself. Good luck with that...
Have you had experience of living in a communist country?

I gather not!

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't like it if any country proposed to invade the US to stop the mass shooting happening in your schools, would you?
Every country has its fanatics, and that gives no one an excuse to attack it. Well, unless you live in the White House that is. Then, you can even ignore the UN and pursue an aggressive foreign policy, of course.
I'm not in the US and yes, the war in Afghanistan did not receive UN approval, which (as backward and barbaric as the Taliban are) makes it illegal.

While I agree with you, there surely must come a tipping point (not that it was reached in Afghanistan) when force is warranted.

jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie like its a hobby.
He lies as a commercial business, pity he won't be bankrupt.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way

The school shootings in America were carried out by lone whackjobs and not by a movement that would, given the chance be the government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you had experience of living in a communist country?
I gather not!
I thought you said they were atheist countries? You're getting tangled up in your lies...

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
They are fanatic in the defense of their country mostly, and the maintainance of their culture and traditions.
You have a problem with that?
You are a fanatic against Muslims!
do i have a problem with men who want to murder young girls for wanting an education?
of course i do, you fool.

i am a fanatic against Muslims? no
do i think Islam is a bad influence in the world? yes

as we are discussing MUSLIM men who want to murder would-be school girls i have a point don't i?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the US and yes, the war in Afghanistan did not receive UN approval, which (as backward and barbaric as the Taliban are) makes it illegal...
This doesn't seem right?
Nato do have a UN mandate now and the intervention in Afghanistan wasn't and isn't illegal. It was done initially (as I understand it) for reasons of US national security and the UN mandate for continued presence obtained later as a matter of necessity.

Anyway, it is probably a good thing NATO are there now or the Taliban could have oppressed people for heaven knows how long. At least there is a chance of re-establishing an educated population in a stable country in the comparatively near future now. Women's rights now stand a chance too - a key ingredient to a stable and prosperous society.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>This doesn't seem right?
Nato do have a UN mandate now and the intervention in Afghanistan wasn't and isn't illegal. It was done initially (as I understand it) for reasons of US national security and the UN mandate for continued presence obtained later as a matter of necessity.
Anyway, it is probably a good thing NATO are there now or the Taliban could have oppressed people for heaven knows how long. At least there is a chance of re-establishing an educated population in a stable country in the comparatively near future now. Women's rights now stand a chance too - a key ingredient to a stable and prosperous society.
Hi Ed. The invasion is authorised now but it wasn't authorised then..

"The military campaign in Afghanistan was not specifically mandated by the UN, but was widely (although not universally) perceived to be a legitimate form of self-defence under the UN Charter. The ISAF force, of which British forces in Afghanistan form a part, is fully mandated by the UN."

http://democracyresourcecenter.wordpress.com/...

The issues of women's rights is certainly relevant but I don't think that alone justifies our involvement otherwise we'd be in Saudi Arabia, Somalia and every other nation where women are treated appallingly.

Still, there's no getting away from the fact that Islam is the common denominator here.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ed. The invasion is authorised now but it wasn't authorised then..
"The military campaign in Afghanistan was not specifically mandated by the UN, but was widely (although not universally) perceived to be a legitimate form of self-defence under the UN Charter. The ISAF force, of which British forces in Afghanistan form a part, is fully mandated by the UN."
http://democracyresourcecenter.wordpress.com/...
The issues of women's rights is certainly relevant but I don't think that alone justifies our involvement otherwise we'd be in Saudi Arabia, Somalia and every other nation where women are treated appallingly.
Still, there's no getting away from the fact that Islam is the common denominator here.
Yes, but the intervention didn't require a specific mandate. The UN Charter allows 'self-defence' under article 51. It might be correct to argue that majority opinion is that wasn't justified under article 51. A legal and moot point now.

One never really knows what happened until it's over and the books are published.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but the intervention didn't require a specific mandate. The UN Charter allows 'self-defence' under article 51. It might be correct to argue that majority opinion is that wasn't justified under article 51. A legal and moot point now.
One never really knows what happened until it's over and the books are published.
Yeah, that makes sense.

I guess like a lot of things, the bondaries get a bit blurred.

Was the west defending itself against the people of Afghanistan, or perhaps Saudi Arabia, as 15 of the hijackers were from that nation?

In the exceedingly unlikely event of the NRA destroying the Shanghai WFC.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9MIKk1_hhYQ/Sumaqw4...

I wonder whether China would get UN support to invade America.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••