Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 479)

Showing posts 9,561 - 9,580 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Clint wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism is the only hope humanity has to survive and flourish.
Only by the overwhelminvive!g of capitalism humanity may have a chance
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible contradicts itself on this, in some places you are saved by faith, in others by works. Why do you choose Paul teaching over Jesus.
You seem to have accepted fundie creationist myths hook line and sinker. Many christians accept macro evolution.
The bible is full of errors, fakes and mistakes!
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Andre wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct with your information.
My comment was based on the responses on this forum - where I find very little (if indeed any) sign of conversation where facts are presented in support of argument - yours is an exception.
I always welcome proper argument which challenges beliefs previously held. If one sticks to a point just because one wants to believe it, it is a bit silly. Without trying to sound arrogant, I have yet to come across any argument that disproves any of the central doctrines of the Christian faith - or even that which is stated in the Bible as fact.
There may be arguments (such as the one raised earlier about contradictions in respect of works and grace) which is based on superficial understanding of the text and the context.
I have come to the conclusion (perhaps incorrectly so) that atheists "believe" in atheism without sound argument, but often as a result of "losing faith" in Christ-ianity. This is so sad and I do not know how a person that does not study the Bible is able to discern truth from lies offered from the pulpit of many "Christian" churches.
But one thing I know - God loves his people and will not let any of them go astray. Consider the guy on the cross next to Jesus - saved within the last hours of his life.
FACT - Fact and the Bible are contradictory in terms. Fact.
whatever

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

paarsurrey wrote:
I don't think it will ever happen; since there is not a single evidence with the atheists that the Creator God does not exist.
If you have give it here.
I totally agree with you. Since the dawn of time man has always had an inner void to fill. a void that cannot be fullfilled by anything in this world has to offer. Are we becoming robots just to exist? If that is the case, why even care about anything at all? If I don't have God somwhere in my life I am completely and utterly empty. That is proof in itself!! Yet you still have so many other signs and miracles that cannot or will not be explained by science.
whatever

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is full of errors, fakes and mistakes!
You know what, everything that bible teaches is the fundamentals of living a fulfilled clean and happy life. Its the twisted mind and hearts of people like you who can't understand it, so instead you mock it!!
whatever

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>FACT - Fact and the Bible are contradictory in terms. Fact.
agreed. Jesus is lord!!! The simple reason people choose to be atheist is because I believe is just the easy way out for them. So they don't have to deal with quilt of knowing somethings wrong when they do it. They want to be gay, well, its easy when you have no morals or beliefs but yet deep down inside they know its not right!!!!!!!!!! Same with any other wrong aspect of someones life.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

whatever wrote:
<quoted text>agreed. Jesus is lord!!! The simple reason people choose to be atheist is because I believe is just the easy way out for them. So they don't have to deal with quilt of knowing somethings wrong when they do it. They want to be gay, well, its easy when you have no morals or beliefs but yet deep down inside they know its not right!!!!!!!!!! Same with any other wrong aspect of someones life.
So the only reason you act morally at all is because of the carrot and stick of heaven and hell.

PLEASE keep your religion!
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

It really is eye watering to even think what my fellow 'man' can succumb to believe. Guilt for being something as natural to him (fellow man) gay. Do people of our higher species STILL think that one's sexuality is taught? It's mind boggling, really is. WHERE do morals enter the picture re one's NATURAL sexuality? I'm NOT gay, but I DO live AND LET LIVE. I DO NOT need any book of fairy tales to point me in THAT direction. Some really should GET A LIFE, we're not performing a dress rehearsal.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

As an atheist, having a Christian threaten me with hell is like a hippy threatening to punch me in my aura -- Josh Thomas
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
As an atheist, having a Christian threaten me with hell is like a hippy threatening to punch me in my aura -- Josh Thomas
If you are standing in the path of a train that is coming your way and have closed your eyes shut....should no one warn you that you are going to be hit by the speeding train?!!

Any one doing that would be your enemy or your well wisher?

Just because you "presume" you are an atheist, would Creator seize to exist for you? Would you escape death because you are an atheist?

Would you be exempt from resurrection just because "You did not believe in it"?

Why are you taking such a gamble with your life?

Your name is such an opposite of what you post!!

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are standing in the path of a train that is coming your way and have closed your eyes shut....should no one warn you that you are going to be hit by the speeding train?!!
Just because you "presume" you are an atheist, would Creator seize to exist for you? Would you escape death because you are an atheist?
Well you are not going to believe this, but trains actually have proof that they exist. I'll bet even you have seen one, and signs too, that say "railroad crossing" and train tracks and stations, and conductors. To equate your god to a train does not work, all the accoutrements* are there, but the train itself has yet to roll on any track. The god/train doesn't exist.

*Train station/church/temple, conductor/spell caster witch doctor, tracks/holy books

Should I fear for the safety of my aura too?

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

But trains are not just figments of people's imagination. I can just as easily use your example that a person won't leave his bedroom to go to work because he is deluded into thinking the hallway in his house is a bustling train track with trains ready to run him over. This delusion causes him to lose his job and not reach his full potential.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
DJ Hewlet

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Well you are not going to believe this, but trains actually have proof that they exist. I'll bet even you have seen one, and signs too, that say "railroad crossing" and train tracks and stations, and conductors. To equate your god to a train does not work, all the accoutrements* are there, but the train itself has yet to roll on any track. The god/train doesn't exist.
*Train station/church/temple, conductor/spell caster witch doctor, tracks/holy books
Should I fear for the safety of my aura too?
Atheism is a cult. It hasn't attracted enough people to make a minority and that isn't going to change. Atheism has no philosophy, nothing of any particular value to offer. The self centered hedonism of scientifically fueled secular belief is turning our society into a polluted stinking technological ghetto. If you think people haven't noticed, you're fooling yourself.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

DJ Hewlet wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a cult. It hasn't attracted enough people to make a minority and that isn't going to change. Atheism has no philosophy, nothing of any particular value to offer. The self centered hedonism of scientifically fueled secular belief is turning our society into a polluted stinking technological ghetto. If you think people haven't noticed, you're fooling yourself.
Atheism isn't an "ism", atheism is the lack of an "ism".

Any religion would incorporate some type of "ism", and a cult would consist of more than one member, who actually had met the other member, and they would be following some charismatic and mentally throwed off leader's vision of how the world should be according to him.

Looking at atheist or atheism, you will not find any of these qualifiers, in just being those two things, but you can find them in almost any religious sect of any religion in the world. In fact you can't walk through a group of twelve Christains without running into it at least seven times.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

If only you knew of an all powerful god that could stop people being killed by trains.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends what you mean by the train. If you mean superstition, the person who warned me to avoid superstition would be a well wisher.

Remember that mankind has invented 000s of gods. According to one source in the past 10000 years man has invented 10000 religions and 1000 gods. This shows that human beings are very superstitious creatures.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Buying into one particular sect of one particular religion is taking a risk with your life. Millions waste their lives thinking and worrying about made up things.

I for one, would not want to be sitting in Jannah underneath palm trees with 72 virgins, whilst my billions of people are being burnt alive in hell. That is an absurd and cruel mythology.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

DJ Hewlet wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a cult form around the absence of a single belief?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you are a muslim is cause you live in a muslim country. If you lived where I live in a town with a bunch of churches and no mosque, you would almost certinly not be a muslim.
DJ Hewlet

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a cult form around the absence of a single belief?
Disbelief is a belief. The opposite of belief is not a lack of belief but an undecided or unreached conclusion. Proof? Atheists spend an exorbitant amount of time on discussion boards like this defending their belief in disbelief.

The lack of belief in something represents nothing. You wouldn't be aware of it so you would have no claim to knowledge and no opinions. The primitive Yanomami tribe in Brazil lack a belief in the christian God. They never heard of this god and know nothing about it. They have no knowledge of this God. Athiests, on the other hand, are well aware of Christianity and openly reject its theology. They disbelieve.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,561 - 9,580 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 223,974
How anti-atheist stigma affects the mental heal... 54 min NightSerf 1
A Really Good Thing 1 hr NightSerf 1
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr NightSerf 150
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 2 hr Richardfs 2
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Richardfs 830
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr religionisillness 349
•••
•••