Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,198

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10116 Jan 3, 2013
EdSed wrote:
+1 good one, muq take note

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10117 Jan 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are very right, we should learn and read Science, History, Medicine and Engineering and every thing in the world.
But our aim with these readings should be to discover more beauties and wonderful things in the world around us, to recognize the Power, Wisdom and Mercy of our Creator.
We should not study these things to "Prove" that Creator does not exist. If we acquire knowledge with this intention, then this knowledge is really our enemy and not our friend.
That is why I said that our "present corps." of Pseudo Scientists, put their "wrong foot" forward by denying the Creator without getting adequate knowledge from the world around them.
Like some one said "A little knowledge of Science" usually turns a man into an atheist….. while the "Deep Knowledge of Science" instills Gratitude and Wonder at the Wisdom and High level of Perfection in the work of Creator.
Only some one with deep knowledge can appreciate the works of a Master artist at work.
Now perhaps you know, my drift when I see all these people "Giving their Oaths" that they searched all over the Universe and could not find Creator anywhere!!
I thank you for putting a very good question!!
PS:
Perhaps I can find an excuse for atheism spreading like 'Wild Fire" in Mostly Christian nations of the world, it was because of "Unreasonable Doctrines of Pauline Christianity like:
Trinity
Jesus being God and Human as the same time and
Jesus dieing for the Sins of all Humans
All of these Doctrines are against reason and logic. And then the way Priests and Popes misused their powers and influences and tried to stop spread of science and knowledge thru brute force.
This is what prompted majority of people to revolt against the concept of religion itself, and when progress in science and technology, brought to them the wealth and high standard of living and "false sense of freedom"…. They fell for it.
Unfortunately the rise of Science and Technology in Christian Countries coincided with the decline of Quest for learning and be on top in Muslim countries.
The end result was that Atheists propaganda became too strong for Christian priests and popes to handle and they meekly "gave in" at each turn and now these nations are "Only Christians in name".
This is my personal opinion, I might be wrong in some parts, because there are many more factors, why atheism became so popular in western countries.
In almost every eastern country, atheism is not very strong, because there was no conflict between science and religion in most of these countries..
Allah Knows best.
Its difficult to believe proven liars.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10118 Jan 3, 2013
Ano
Andre

South Africa

#10120 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's difficult to believe proven liars.
Yes, I have the same problem with evolution.
Andre

South Africa

#10121 Jan 3, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since I have no reason to rock your boat, I have no response you'd accept/respect.- end of correspondence on MY part.
You are wrong on both occasions. 1)I will accept conclusive evidence where my views are wrong.
2)Your response is your views and I respect that as being your honest evaluation.
Thanks for the brief chat.
Andre

South Africa

#10122 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When I drop this ball ... it always bounces ... therefore god?
That's your answer? Lame, why do your parents let minors use the computer?
Please read the post again carefully before attempting your next answer. The present one is embarrassing.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10123 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its difficult to believe proven liars.
Meaning you?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#10124 Jan 3, 2013
Yes.

By leaps and bounds.

Even when Drunk.

Even when sleep deprived for four days.

Yes.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you are more intelligent than me?

Louisville, KY

#10125 Jan 4, 2013
Yes the Quran teaches about the holy she camel of Allah who is like their top angel or something yet Muq refuses to speak about this teaching. Why? It seems to words of the prophet humiliate him.
Thinking wrote:
however... they do have a holy she camel instead.(91:13)
<quoted text>
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10126 Jan 4, 2013
Maybe muq hamstrung a camel and now fear's allah's vengeance.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes the Quran teaches about the holy she camel of Allah who is like their top angel or something yet Muq refuses to speak about this teaching. Why? It seems to words of the prophet humiliate him.
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#10127 Jan 4, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have the same problem with evolution.
Evolution is proven. Do you mean you just have difficulty in general then?

YOu should try proving your god, now there's something you cowardly liars shy away from.

Location hidden

#10128 Jan 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning you?
prove your god or stop lying, its been that ways since the dawn of time.

Location hidden

#10129 Jan 4, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>Please read the post again carefully before attempting your next answer. The present one is embarrassing.
Says the idiot theist with no proof of god whatsoever.

Lexington, KY

#10130 Jan 4, 2013
The holy she camel of Allah is a Muslim angel who flies down to earth with the light of Allah coming out of her camel hole if you spread it open. Muslims have been searching camels like that ever since trying to find her.

Lol
Thinking wrote:
Maybe muq hamstrung a camel and now fear's allah's vengeance.
<quoted text>
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#10131 Jan 4, 2013
I'm sceptical of the value of a 'scouts promise'. Oaths, affirmations and the like are more appropriate for courtrooms than children's clubs, which are usually best kept all-inclusive.

The UK Scouts are considering keeping 'scouting for all' instead of making it 'Scouting for all but atheists'....
http://scouts.org.uk/news/2012/12/scouting-la...
If you wish to be heard, their consultation ends 31st January and “Non-members are also encouraged to complete the survey”.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10132 Jan 4, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have the same problem with evolution.
Liars don't present evidence. Evolution has that in spades. You should stop projecting. Where is evidence of your god?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10133 Jan 4, 2013
EdSed wrote:
I'm sceptical of the value of a 'scouts promise'. Oaths, affirmations and the like are more appropriate for courtrooms than children's clubs, which are usually best kept all-inclusive.
The UK Scouts are considering keeping 'scouting for all' instead of making it 'Scouting for all but atheists'....
http://scouts.org.uk/news/2012/12/scouting-la...
If you wish to be heard, their consultation ends 31st January and “Non-members are also encouraged to complete the survey”.
It's actually a brainwashing technique. Just saying, look who controls the organization.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10134 Jan 4, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong on both occasions. 1)I will accept conclusive evidence where my views are wrong.
2)Your response is your views and I respect that as being your honest evaluation.
Thanks for the brief chat.
Then why have you examined none of the evidence presented for evolution? If you are willing to accept evidence, then you'd examine it all, but you have bought into a story that has no evidence, and are denying a fact that is supported by more evidence than one computer can even hold.
Andre

South Africa

#10135 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very silly mythology. Original sin never happened because the garden of eden never existed,
The existence (or not) of the garden of Eden has no direct impact on original sin. Original sin was disobedience. This could have happened with our without the garden of Eden.
and adam and eve were mythological people.
That is your claim – but without substantiating evidence other than speculation.
To show you the nature of your argument – you are willing to accept that man comes from inorganic matter – despite the fact that it is unlikely to the extreme, there are numerous problems associated with the concept and it has never been achieved despite some very serious endeavors – hence the even somewhat ridiculous claim that it was “seeded” by some other intelligence.
If man was however formed according to the Bible (with Adam and Eve as original man), it would all fit. The problem is not the ”unlikelihood” of Adam and Eve, but only the rejection of an Almighty God.
God of the Bible should know this being supposedly all knowing. So redemption from sin was pointless as there is no original sin to redeem mankind from.
To make it a bit practical- just answer the question – do you sin- whatever your specific definition of sinning may be? You do. This means you are guilty. Thus despite original sin, each one of us sin. You, me. So redemption from sin is not pointless.
Besides atonement is abhorrent. It is unjust to offer a sin sacrifice to appease the anger of a jealous and angry god. Think about it, why couldnt an all loving God simply forgive us, without going through with human sacrifice called Jesus. What a silly religion xianity is.
Your argument fails in the sense that even in our justice system, there is retribution for transgressing laws – as it is deemed fair by everyone that some form of penalty for an offence should exist.
To argue then that just forgiving is a good idea flies directly in the face of the conviction of all sane people, religious or not.
Your argument suggests that somebody else paying for your transgression is abhorrent, is also contrary to even normal practices in any society. If you decide to pay the debt for a friend (he owes somebody money and can never pay it back), I would think it a very generous gesture (and even courageous depending on the circumstances). Yet you regard it as abhorrent. This shows some double standards and the reason will be found somewhere else than in reason.
The “human” sacrifice is Jesus offering himself for you. Now you may reject it, or accept it, but you cannot blame Jesus for loving you so much that He is willing to pay the price, settling your debt.
Andre

South Africa

#10136 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is proven. Do you mean you just have difficulty in general then?
YOu should try proving your god, now there's something you cowardly liars shy away from.
a Liar is somebody presenting for fact that which he/she knows as not being the truth. Coming to a different conclusion based on information is thus not lying. You are welcome to read scientific journals which offerds alternative explanations for data(as one example, the Higgs Boson which seems incompatible with Eistein's theory)
To the contrary, there are numerous examples of lies in the evolution cupboard.
You assume that I have ever tried (and still do) offer "proof" of God. There again, your argument fails as I challenge you to show me one post anywhere on any forum claiming that I can "prove" God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 14 min Richardfs 147
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min KiMare 232,888
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 2,262
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 5 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 5 hr thetruth 67
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web