Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 475)

Showing posts 9,481 - 9,500 of20,867
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

..Islam has some doctrines against reason and logic itself. Maybe to you they make sense. But to those outside of the islam bubble many teachings make little sense. For example Muhammed proved his prophethood to the Meccans, he split the moon in two. He also went on a night flight on a winged horse from Mecca to Jerusalem and up into the clouds to heaven to meet God, angels, and other prophets. And if you believe in his teaching you will be rewarded with carnal pleasures from 72 virgins in a desert oasis in the sky. Oh dear (head slap)
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

however... they do have a holy she camel instead.(91:13)
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this part of the post. Islam to its credit dispensed of the more lunatic teachings of christianity. The trinity, incarnation and transubstantiation are not meant to be understood rationally. They are simply called mysteries. When Muhammed invented Islam he sensibly left out these crazy doctrines. However...
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

The 72 virgins will of course have 72 brothers, 72 uncles and 72 fathers all spoiling for an "honour" killing.
Adam wrote:
..Islam has some doctrines against reason and logic itself. Maybe to you they make sense. But to those outside of the islam bubble many teachings make little sense. For example Muhammed proved his prophethood to the Meccans, he split the moon in two. He also went on a night flight on a winged horse from Mecca to Jerusalem and up into the clouds to heaven to meet God, angels, and other prophets. And if you believe in his teaching you will be rewarded with carnal pleasures from 72 virgins in a desert oasis in the sky. Oh dear (head slap)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
The 72 virgins will of course have 72 brothers, 72 uncles and 72 fathers all spoiling for an "honour" killing.
<quoted text>
The obvious sexism of the quran is just like the bible. Women are considered no different than slaves and cattle. Despite Muq's best attempts to excuse the appauling immorality.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Thinking wrote:
If allah knows best, you should be born already circumcised!
Consistency isn't "Allah's" strong point...
http://www.jesusandmo.net/2013/01/02/sex-2/
Thinking wrote:
But leave the little girls alone. islamic Female Genital Mutilation should stop *now*.
<quoted text>
All religiously or culturally motivated child mutilation should stop,(i.e. no sound clinical reasons). It sometimes happens for religious reasons on the NHS and if it is wrong for girls, it is wrong for boys. It isn't even absolutely required by Islam or Judaism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Cul...

"Circumcision is not required by Judaism for one to be considered Jewish, but there are considered to be serious negative spiritual consequences if it is neglected"

"Although there is debate within Islam over whether it is a religious requirement, circumcision..."

Religion = superstition
And this is another reason it's best to abandon superstitions.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

They're consistently great cartoons. Good stuff.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Consistency isn't "Allah's" strong point...
http://www.jesusandmo.net/2013/01/02/sex-2/
<quoted text>All religiously or culturally motivated child mutilation should stop,(i.e. no sound clinical reasons). It sometimes happens for religious reasons on the NHS and if it is wrong for girls, it is wrong for boys. It isn't even absolutely required by Islam or Judaism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Cul...
"Circumcision is not required by Judaism for one to be considered Jewish, but there are considered to be serious negative spiritual consequences if it is neglected"
"Although there is debate within Islam over whether it is a religious requirement, circumcision..."
Religion = superstition
And this is another reason it's best to abandon superstitions.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

EdSed wrote:
+1 good one, muq take note

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are very right, we should learn and read Science, History, Medicine and Engineering and every thing in the world.
But our aim with these readings should be to discover more beauties and wonderful things in the world around us, to recognize the Power, Wisdom and Mercy of our Creator.
We should not study these things to "Prove" that Creator does not exist. If we acquire knowledge with this intention, then this knowledge is really our enemy and not our friend.
That is why I said that our "present corps." of Pseudo Scientists, put their "wrong foot" forward by denying the Creator without getting adequate knowledge from the world around them.
Like some one said "A little knowledge of Science" usually turns a man into an atheist….. while the "Deep Knowledge of Science" instills Gratitude and Wonder at the Wisdom and High level of Perfection in the work of Creator.
Only some one with deep knowledge can appreciate the works of a Master artist at work.
Now perhaps you know, my drift when I see all these people "Giving their Oaths" that they searched all over the Universe and could not find Creator anywhere!!
I thank you for putting a very good question!!
PS:
Perhaps I can find an excuse for atheism spreading like 'Wild Fire" in Mostly Christian nations of the world, it was because of "Unreasonable Doctrines of Pauline Christianity like:
Trinity
Jesus being God and Human as the same time and
Jesus dieing for the Sins of all Humans
All of these Doctrines are against reason and logic. And then the way Priests and Popes misused their powers and influences and tried to stop spread of science and knowledge thru brute force.
This is what prompted majority of people to revolt against the concept of religion itself, and when progress in science and technology, brought to them the wealth and high standard of living and "false sense of freedom"…. They fell for it.
Unfortunately the rise of Science and Technology in Christian Countries coincided with the decline of Quest for learning and be on top in Muslim countries.
The end result was that Atheists propaganda became too strong for Christian priests and popes to handle and they meekly "gave in" at each turn and now these nations are "Only Christians in name".
This is my personal opinion, I might be wrong in some parts, because there are many more factors, why atheism became so popular in western countries.
In almost every eastern country, atheism is not very strong, because there was no conflict between science and religion in most of these countries..
Allah Knows best.
Its difficult to believe proven liars.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Ano
Andre

Fochville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's difficult to believe proven liars.
Yes, I have the same problem with evolution.
Andre

Fochville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since I have no reason to rock your boat, I have no response you'd accept/respect.- end of correspondence on MY part.
You are wrong on both occasions. 1)I will accept conclusive evidence where my views are wrong.
2)Your response is your views and I respect that as being your honest evaluation.
Thanks for the brief chat.
Andre

Fochville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When I drop this ball ... it always bounces ... therefore god?
That's your answer? Lame, why do your parents let minors use the computer?
Please read the post again carefully before attempting your next answer. The present one is embarrassing.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its difficult to believe proven liars.
Meaning you?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Yes.

By leaps and bounds.

Even when Drunk.

Even when sleep deprived for four days.

Yes.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you are more intelligent than me?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Yes the Quran teaches about the holy she camel of Allah who is like their top angel or something yet Muq refuses to speak about this teaching. Why? It seems to words of the prophet humiliate him.
Thinking wrote:
however... they do have a holy she camel instead.(91:13)
<quoted text>
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Maybe muq hamstrung a camel and now fear's allah's vengeance.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes the Quran teaches about the holy she camel of Allah who is like their top angel or something yet Muq refuses to speak about this teaching. Why? It seems to words of the prophet humiliate him.
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Andre wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have the same problem with evolution.
Evolution is proven. Do you mean you just have difficulty in general then?

YOu should try proving your god, now there's something you cowardly liars shy away from.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning you?
prove your god or stop lying, its been that ways since the dawn of time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Andre wrote:
<quoted text>Please read the post again carefully before attempting your next answer. The present one is embarrassing.
Says the idiot theist with no proof of god whatsoever.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

The holy she camel of Allah is a Muslim angel who flies down to earth with the light of Allah coming out of her camel hole if you spread it open. Muslims have been searching camels like that ever since trying to find her.

Lol
Thinking wrote:
Maybe muq hamstrung a camel and now fear's allah's vengeance.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,481 - 9,500 of20,867
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••