Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
9,441 - 9,460 of 21,498 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10062 Dec 30, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't assert much and I even deny less, so tell me where I go wrong.
Right now, I could do with a laugh...
Oh, and your video proves you were just lying here. Love it when you liars just jump out into the open like that.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#10063 Dec 30, 2012
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>I have only ever read non-fiction since leaving school. That translates into I've never read the Bible for more than fifty years. For fiction I read our daily newspapers.
Lol....I try to stay away from the newspapers....but CNN is good. Most TV has gone downhill since Star Trek TOS;0)
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

#10064 Dec 30, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol....I try to stay away from the newspapers....but CNN is good. Most TV has gone downhill since Star Trek TOS;0)
In UK we are legally obliged to posses a licence to watch TV, either on-line or otherwise. At this time of the year I would simply love to be in a country Oliver Cromwell had visions of - NO religions. Roll-on 6th Jan, the official end of Christmas. And we profess to be an intelligent species? Not even a poor joke!
rio

Beckenham, UK

#10066 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So those are your points, which mean you don't know anything, which is not a huge surprise. I don't make money on my vids, I recommend you don't try to either, also don't try to make money on your brain .... that I can't sympathize with.
You don't seem to know much yourself here.
You keep going round and round in circles and try to look very esoteric.
So much that I have quite a laugh, just playing with you.
You take yourself far too seriously and I just take the piss of you, can't you see?? LOL
rio

Beckenham, UK

#10067 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and your video proves you were just lying here. Love it when you liars just jump out into the open like that.
How am I lying?

I just posted the link to a video that matched the silly one you posted.

Have a laugh, and try farting from time to time if the intestinal pressure is getting too much!! LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10070 Dec 30, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know much yourself here.
You keep going round and round in circles and try to look very esoteric.
So much that I have quite a laugh, just playing with you.
You take yourself far too seriously and I just take the piss of you, can't you see?? LOL
So, you're trying to be a troll. Sorry, but T-Town is still way more entertaining than you.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10071 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think you know "every thing" about Physics, Material Science and Math!!
That is why such experts are so easy to get bamboozled when presented with TV Video Images!!
As I said:-
You are just another conspiracy nutter who knows nothing about Physics, Material Science and Math.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#10072 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Innocent" in our discussion is one who has not broken any law of the land or done any crime which involves interference from the state.
I am not on a "legal" or "literary" discussion about innocence. This is lay man's forum mind you.
So, in your layman's opinion, who does the law serve?
The state or the people?
If there is a conflict between the state and the people, which is more important?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10075 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I also said that you know "too much" about Physics, Material Science and Math.
Too Much knowledge is "as dangerous" as too Little, so we are on the same boat!!
That's just pure stupidity. You are embarrassed for not knowing something so you try to make it sound like those who do know something you don't are just as bad off? That's making excuses for your ignorance and nothing more.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10076 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd, why do you assume I know something I readily admit I don't know?
Appears to me like you're just dodging the burden of proof, really. So, from now on I can legitimately consider you a liar, so can anyone else, since you continue to play these childish games.
I have no burden to prove what you already know.

If you say you don't know it, you are either stupid or lying, or both.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10077 Dec 30, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no burden to prove what you already know.
If you say you don't know it, you are either stupid or lying, or both.
Um, it's your claim, not mine. I'm asking for evidence of your claim. It's your burden of proof, so prove your claim, otherwise your claim is meaningless, end of story.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10079 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I also said that you know "too much" about Physics, Material Science and Math.
Too Much knowledge is "as dangerous" as too Little, so we are on the same boat!!
If ignorance is bliss you are oonnee happy camper.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10080 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, it's your claim, not mine. I'm asking for evidence of your claim. It's your burden of proof, so prove your claim, otherwise your claim is meaningless, end of story.
My claim is true, and known to be true by you. You are pretending you need proof.

Therefore, it is your request that is meaningless.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10081 Dec 30, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
My claim is true, and known to be true by you. You are pretending you need proof.
Therefore, it is your request that is meaningless.
I said I don't know, how are you attributing an admission of not knowing to one knowing? I don't know, so show me. Show me anything to suggest what you are saying, anything at all. I don't know, I really don't, I'm clueless. Where is this "atheist agenda?" I don't know, you tell me and provide your sources so I can know, because until I know something, I can't know it.

Nehwon

#10082 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is state?
How can a state be formed if there are no people?
So there are "no interests of state" which are not concerned with the people?
How can there be conflict between interest of state and interest of people?
I do not know if you mean that interests of "an individual" who wants to "usurp the interests of other individual"?
A poor attempt at deflecting the questions at hand. How about another try. Here's the original questions to you:

So, in your layman's opinion, who does the law serve?
The state or the people?
If there is a conflict between the state and the people, which is more important?

Nehwon

#10084 Dec 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So... would you say having lightening rods on buildings is "too much knowledge"?

How about Polio vaccines?

Is thwarting God's wrath from storms and disease "too much knowledge"?
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

#10085 Dec 31, 2012
Just one (good) reason why my atheism is so absolutely rock solid, immovable and stubbornly unshakable is; IF there was a sky fairy, who made us in its image, who gave his only son to save us (I've never figured from what), who loves us without boundaries, who reserves each of us a place in 'Heaven,' WHY would it appear that it gave man a brain and a p@nus, but unfortunately it didn't give enough blood to run both at the same time?
Further, WHY would the creator (See above) know all the answers, yet childishly reveal none?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#10086 Dec 31, 2012
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>In UK we are legally obliged to posses a licence to watch TV, either on-line or otherwise. At this time of the year I would simply love to be in a country Oliver Cromwell had visions of - NO religions. Roll-on 6th Jan, the official end of Christmas. And we profess to be an intelligent species? Not even a poor joke!
Also reminds me of the Late, Great John Lennon....Imagine.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10089 Jan 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not criticise people for having knowledge that I do not know about.
I criticize when they try to "Misuse" that knowledge, to deny the presence of Creator of the Universe.
They are misusing their knowledge, that is only my plea. Now why they have knowledge. I hope you get my message.
No, you attack people who know more than you only when it opposes what you think you already know. It's relatively the same thing, just a different angle. So yes, you do criticize people who have more knowledge than you, you think it's wrong to know something. Denying that which has no evidence is sanity, not intelligence.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10090 Jan 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not criticise people for having knowledge that I do not know about.
I criticize when they try to "Misuse" that knowledge, to deny the presence of Creator of the Universe.
They are misusing their knowledge, that is only my plea. Now why they have knowledge. I hope you get my message.
What you do not know about someone else's knowledge, is that you also would not know whether they were misusing, what you are not capable of even understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min atheism is destru... 226,243
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 3 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 3 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 3 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 5 hr Patrick 10
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr USN Atheist 39
Our world came from nothing? 9 hr NightSerf 399
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••