Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9879 Dec 25, 2012
gibbs wrote:
all of you out there who think Christianity is bad,should take a trip to Saudi or Iran and abuse Islam in the same way,that way if you ever get back(not likely) to the CHRISTIAN WEST you will be glad you live in a CHRISTIAN CIVILIZATION.
happy Christian to all!
So because saudi arabias religion is more extreme than yours, we should all stick with your extreme religion instead?

Give us a break. There's a no proof of god and it affects every religion. If you're going to make a relatavistic argument, atheism wins as contains no hateful violence and is based on scientific facts.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9880 Dec 25, 2012
gibbs wrote:
all of you out there who think Christianity is bad,should take a trip to Saudi or Iran and abuse Islam in the same way,that way if you ever get back(not likely) to the CHRISTIAN WEST you will be glad you live in a CHRISTIAN CIVILIZATION.
happy Christian to all!
Erm, what about Sweden, or Ireland, or .. well half of Europe?

You really are clueless about world events.
rio

Bromley, UK

#9881 Dec 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have Sharia law?
Thinking

Nottingham, UK

#9882 Dec 25, 2012
Don't be snippy.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have Sharia law?
Irish

Dublin, Ireland

#9883 Dec 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Ireland?
Irish

Dublin, Ireland

#9884 Dec 25, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have Sharia law?
Not in this life or next in Ireland i can tell you that with a serious face. Thank God.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#9885 Dec 25, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64B

D. David and the use of Jewish Laws of War:

At least three or four centuries separate the times of Joshua and that of David… but we find the same fighting Jew spirit in David and he used the 'Jewish law of war' on many occasions.

His fights against his enemies are sufficient evidence that he used this law of war against his enemies on many occasions (the details can be seen in the book of 2 Samuel, about David and all the battles he fought against his enemies, and all his actions had the approval.

Therefore it is evident that Jews were using the provisions of this Law of War for many centuries against their enemies and were well aware of it.

6. These Laws were for Enemies of Jews and not intended for Jews:

This is a plea which many people take, that these laws were for Non Jews and not for Jews themselves. Well every conqueror makes law that are suited to them, but they should be ready to face the music should the situations be reversed.

Did they not listen to advice of Jesus which says that you will be judged by the standards by which you judge others.

So No Jew should complain if the Jewish Laws of war are executed on themselves. The Payback times also comes from time to time.

7. Why Jews of BANI QURAIZAH were made an example:

Every one knows that the seriousness of crime increases many fold depending upon the prevailing situation. Leaking of secrets to the enemy nation is a crime no doubt, but its seriousness increases upon if we are at peace or at war.

During peace days the criminal might get away with lesser punishment, but during war times when the lives of many soldiers and security of nation is at stake, such crimes are punished very seriously and swiftly. Many times summary trails and field trails are held and the guilty are handed death penalty and no one complains.

8. The Crime of BANI QURAIZAH:

a. In the year 5 H, the Jews of BANI NADHEER who were expelled from Madina and had taken shelter with the Jews of KHAIBAR instigated pagans of Makkah and all major tribes of Arabia to attack Medina in full force.

b. Accordingly a big force of 10,000 to 12,000 warriors consisting of Pagans of Makkah and many tribes from different parts of Arabia came to attack Madina to close the chapter of Islam 'for once and all'.

c. The news of preparation and march of enemy in such large numbers reached to prophet and he called for a council to suggest the way to respond to this challenge. It was first time in the history of Arabia that such a large force was gathered to attack one city.

MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#9886 Dec 25, 2012
d. Muslims in Madina were no match for such large enemy force, so it was not advisable to meet the enemy army in open warfare, a defensive war was what was suggested by the companions of the prophet.

e. In that council SALMAN who was from Persia, told that in Persia, when a large army attacks any city, the inhabitants of that city dig a trench to keep the enemy at bay. And this is the way which he suggested in this case also.

f. Prophet liked this idea and since the location of Madina was such that it was protected from the three sides with 'black volcanic rocks' thru which no army could pass and it was only from one direction, which was open and it was in that direction that the trench was to be dig.

g. When measured, it was close to 1.5 Kilometer in length and prophet made 10 teams and each team was to dig 150 meters. It was a hard job and every Muslim in Madina (including prophet himself) participated in the digging of trench. Since it was the first time in Arabia that such a technique was used, the battle itself was named as 'battle of Trench'.

h. The trench was dug in a hurry, it was three to four yards in depth and slightly more in width (so it could not be cleared by horse jump, or some one pole vaulting). At some places due to rocky condition, the width was not that much, so these locations were guarded by keeping a close human watch.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9887 Dec 25, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64B
D. David and the use of Jewish Laws of War:
At least three or four centuries separate the times of Joshua and that of David… but we find the same fighting Jew spirit in David and he used the 'Jewish law of war' on many occasions.
His fights against his enemies are sufficient evidence that he used this law of war against his enemies on many occasions (the details can be seen in the book of 2 Samuel, about David and all the battles he fought against his enemies, and all his actions had the approval.
Therefore it is evident that Jews were using the provisions of this Law of War for many centuries against their enemies and were well aware of it.
6. These Laws were for Enemies of Jews and not intended for Jews:
This is a plea which many people take, that these laws were for Non Jews and not for Jews themselves. Well every conqueror makes law that are suited to them, but they should be ready to face the music should the situations be reversed.
Did they not listen to advice of Jesus which says that you will be judged by the standards by which you judge others.
So No Jew should complain if the Jewish Laws of war are executed on themselves. The Payback times also comes from time to time.
7. Why Jews of BANI QURAIZAH were made an example:
Every one knows that the seriousness of crime increases many fold depending upon the prevailing situation. Leaking of secrets to the enemy nation is a crime no doubt, but its seriousness increases upon if we are at peace or at war.
During peace days the criminal might get away with lesser punishment, but during war times when the lives of many soldiers and security of nation is at stake, such crimes are punished very seriously and swiftly. Many times summary trails and field trails are held and the guilty are handed death penalty and no one complains.
8. The Crime of BANI QURAIZAH:
a. In the year 5 H, the Jews of BANI NADHEER who were expelled from Madina and had taken shelter with the Jews of KHAIBAR instigated pagans of Makkah and all major tribes of Arabia to attack Medina in full force.
b. Accordingly a big force of 10,000 to 12,000 warriors consisting of Pagans of Makkah and many tribes from different parts of Arabia came to attack Madina to close the chapter of Islam 'for once and all'.
c. The news of preparation and march of enemy in such large numbers reached to prophet and he called for a council to suggest the way to respond to this challenge. It was first time in the history of Arabia that such a large force was gathered to attack one city.
The many postings of yours that begin "Which sword the prophet used", are spam and they are against the topix rules.
Under the box that you type your responses into is in blue letters the topix.com 's "Terms of Service", I suggest you read them. It is what we all agree to when we join topix.com .

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#9888 Dec 25, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The many postings of yours that begin "Which sword the prophet used", are spam and they are against the topix rules.
Under the box that you type your responses into is in blue letters the topix.com 's "Terms of Service", I suggest you read them. It is what we all agree to when we join topix.com .
He doesn't care, RP; neither does Topix.
Observer1

Dallas, GA

#9889 Dec 25, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So because saudi arabias religion is more extreme than yours, we should all stick with your extreme religion instead?
Give us a break. There's a no proof of god and it affects every religion. If you're going to make a relatavistic argument, atheism wins as contains no hateful violence and is based on scientific facts.
Interesting...
Turn back the hand of time, you could not prove the existence of sub-atomic particles. Now you can.

Turn it back further - could not prove the existence of bacteria. Now you can.

An interesting question to ponder - what if there is proof, but our technological means cannot YET observe it?

Then what...?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#9890 Dec 25, 2012
Observer1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...
Turn back the hand of time, you could not prove the existence of sub-atomic particles. Now you can.
An interesting question to ponder - what if there is proof, but our technological means cannot YET observe it?
Then what...?
Then we'll believe it. Till then atheists have the most reasonable position.

Why do you think it's reasonable to believe something without evidence?
Observer1

Dallas, GA

#9891 Dec 25, 2012
That is I believe - is called - Faith.

"A firm belief in something for which there is no proof"

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#9893 Dec 25, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to use "blue letters" only for me or every one on these threads.
I am not new to these threads and I have seen people posting pages upon pages of cuts and paste.
It would be much better if you concentrate on the things I post and not on the Blue letters or red letters of brown letters.
What I can see is that you people have no logical or reasonable answers to my posts and want to stop me from posting by any means fair or foul.
If you people had powers, you might even had send some "drones" to hunt me out!!
Maybe if you stopped posting pages and pages of cut and paste BS.....

Location hidden

#9894 Dec 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to use "blue letters" only for me or every one on these threads.
I am not new to these threads and I have seen people posting pages upon pages of cuts and paste.
It would be much better if you concentrate on the things I post and not on the Blue letters or red letters of brown letters.
What I can see is that you people have no logical or reasonable answers to my posts and want to stop me from posting by any means fair or foul.
If you people had powers, you might even had send some "drones" to hunt me out!!
lying sack of sh*t troll with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#9895 Dec 26, 2012
Observer1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...
Then what...?
God has already been disproven by arguments from reason, logic, multiple strands of scientific evidence.

Sub atomic particles could be demonstrated to be real before we knew the nature of them.

God & religion is straight up fiction invented by human beings. It contains so many logical and evidencial errors in it, that its amazing that idiots still claim that we don't know enough yet.

You don't need to know everything to know something. And that something is that human beings are liars who want attention and control. That is why they invented and continue to lie about religion, selling a god that isn't really there in order to control idiots.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#9896 Dec 26, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>

"atheism wins as contains no hateful violence and is based on scientific facts."

yes of course you are so right,the atheists Communists of China, Soviet Russia etc NEVER indulged in "hateful violence" did they.
gibbs

London, UK

#9897 Dec 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
lol im clueless?

you think living in Ireland is similar to living in Saudi?

WOW!

Location hidden

#9898 Dec 26, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
"atheism wins as contains no hateful violence and is based on scientific facts."
yes of course you are so right,the atheists Communists of China, Soviet Russia etc NEVER indulged in "hateful violence" did they.
Show us all in the atheist bible where it says that atheists must commit genocide or murder.

Oh snap, that's right, we don't have a bible and don't believe in made up bullsh*t including the propoganda in your post.

If you can care to show us where the grand high leader of all atheists instructs us to commit these acts you claim, I'm all ears.

Until then, when I want some inspiration to do something vile and disgusting to non-believers, I'll just pick up a religious book.

Location hidden

#9899 Dec 26, 2012
gibbs wrote:
<quoted text>
lol im clueless?
you think living in Ireland is similar to living in Saudi?
WOW!
I'm sorry that you don;t have any proof of god, but please don't take it out your frustration on atheists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 57 min replaytime 85,534
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 7 hr Rose_NoHo 4,816
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 14 hr ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Tue Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Mon Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web