Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 464)

Showing posts 9,261 - 9,280 of20,781
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it the First such killing in your schools or will it be the last?
Before pointing fingers at others, first look at your country.
There is no shortage of sick people in your country. GWB the Great was one such sick person which dragged USA into a never ending war.
I didn't mention countries.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Reported to the mods for immediate deletion. We hav been very patient with you Muq. But you need to start answering questions like an adult and stop this childish clogging the thread up with your nonsense poorly written spam.

Keep spamming such garbage and yes it will be reported for immediate deletion and rightfully so.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported to whom? GWB the Great? Or Obama or CIA or FBI?
Do you own the thread?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Do you think Muslim suicide bombers go to heaven yes or no? You sure are asking lots of questions perhaps you can finally answer this one?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no shortage of sick people in your country. GWB the Great was one such sick person which dragged USA into a never ending war.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Exactly and especially when the poster troll spams again and again and again crap that is way off topic and pointless. Muq and Derek being the main culprits of this and both need to be repeatedly reported for it and have the admins and mods mass delete their spam.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Topix administrators, who actually have rules as to what can be posted in these threads. These forums are for interaction between posters, and not for 4,000 word blocks of copy and paste crap.

“Here's Lookin' At You, Kid”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64
Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.
And gay.

What a tap dancer!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported to whom? GWB the Great? Or Obama or CIA or FBI?....
Topix Administration, for violating the Terms of Service. Not that they really care.... So feel free to go on being....you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Give us a positive definition of the word "negative".
Atheist = without theism.
Evolutionist = one who believes in evolution
No belief is required or even involved in the scientific field of evolution; it's an observable process.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a box cutter in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Compare this with total casualties during the life time of our prophet do not even reach 1000 (on both sides), and 400 of which were from this single incident of BANI QURAIZAH, otherwise it would be much lower.

And yet, these Jews have temerity to accuse our prophet of using sword to propagate his faith.

And Moses did not controlled this single fight, he sent his armies again and again and only God knows how many humans they killed in those campaigns.

And mind you, they NEVER gave the chance for these people to come and accept the religion of Jews!! There was no respite given to them except, God has given this land as our Inheritance, you MUST vacate it or get killed.

b. Joshua and use of Jewish laws of War:

Joshua used this law of war many times during his campaigns as we read in the fall of Jericho "They devoted the city to Lord and destroyed with the Sword every living thing in it- men and women- young and old, cattle sheep and donkey" (what was the crime of these poor animals?– MUQ)

And the example of Jericho is not a lone incident in the life of Joshua. In fact most of the book is filled with the heroics of Joshua and his people and how many of the enemies they killed.

If you add altogether, it would be close to a Million humans that were killed during the battles of Joshua and enemies of Israel.

And them compare it with a figure of 1000 during the time of our prophet. Who was a more 'peaceful warrior"?

(Contd.)

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

You already posted this off topic poorly written spam an now you repost it again? I see we need to start reporting you.

By the way did you forget this is the atheist forum? Why would we care about the Moses myth anymore than we care about the Muhammad myth?
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64A
4. Jews and their Laws of War:
jacktheladat1

Plymouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64A
4. Jews and their Laws of War:
And we should see, if Jews had not used this law against their enemies in the past. And we should also see if there were any Jewish Prophets who used this law against their enemies.
If it is proven that Jews did indeed used this law against their enemies, then there is no reason whatsoever that they should complain if they are subjected to the same law themselves.
Details of Jew's Law of War is mentioned in Deut. Chapter 20 which says:
"When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and work for you"
"If they refuse to make peace and engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to sword all the men in it. As for women and the children, an the livestock and every thing in it, you may take these as plunder for yourselves.… This is how you treat all the cities that are at a distance to you and do not belong to nations nearby"
"However in the cities of Nation that Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breaths. Completely destroy them….for HITTITES, AMORITS, CANNANITES, PERIZZITES, HIVITES, and JEBUSITES, as the Lord your God has commanded you" (Deut. 20 V 10-19)
Very TOUGH and Clear verses, don’t you say!!
5. Was this Jewish Law of war used by any Prophet of God?
No one should think that this law was only in the "stature books" and was NEVER used by Jews against their enemies. We find prophets of Jews using this law in their times against their enemies a number of time.
Let us see some examples:
a. Moses and his fight with MIDINITES:
In the book of Numbers chapter 31, we see Moses taking revenge against the Tribe of MIDINITES (under Close watch of YHWH) let us read some thing from it:
"The Lord said to Moses "take vengeance on the MIDINITES … they fought against the MIDINITES (12000 Israeli force, 1000 from each tribe - MUQ) as the Lord Commanded Moses and killed every man… and Israeli captured women and children and took all their herds, flocks and goods as plunder…
"Moses was angry with the officers of army, "Have you allowed all the women to live?.... Now kill all the boys and kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man (How soon these Jews forgot how were they treated by the Pharaoh and his people? It was their FIRST Generation who escaped from the punishment , now they want to do the same with their enemies- MUQ)
And do you know how many people were killed in one single battle? Just imagine, what is the percentage of women who have NEVER slept with a man in any society?(i.e. women between the age of 1-17?)….10 %?
"And they found 32,000 Women who had never slept with a man" (Num. Ch. 31:35)
So number of humans killed in One Single war of Moses against the TRIBE of MIDIANITE was close to 300,000 !!(If we assume that figures given in Bible are accurate- MUQ)
MUG Be advised, I have today (24/12/12) made the owners/moderators aware of your total ignorance to my warning, and warnings of other posters of your inconsiderate spamming in this forum. EACH time you spam, or fail to enter into debate sensibly in a proper, recognized and in an adult way, I shall consider it an affront aimed at me an resend without notice the CUT & PASTED report I've submitted to the owners/moderators today. MUG, consider yourself in receipt of a fair warning.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are under the false impression that you own this thread. And you are doing it on the eve of Christmas, so I think that you are full of booze.
And you are the false impression, that you own it. The many postings of yours that begin "Which sword the prophet used", are spam and they are against the topix rules.
Under the box that you type your responses into is in blue letters the topix.com 's "Terms of Service", I suggest you read them. It is what we all agree to when we join topix.com .
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

losing it wrote:
I pray Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.(Luke 23:34)
God forgive those who do not believe.
You are losing it.
munum

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
Religon is dead,and getting more ridiculous
gibbs

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

all of you out there who think Christianity is bad,should take a trip to Saudi or Iran and abuse Islam in the same way,that way if you ever get back(not likely) to the CHRISTIAN WEST you will be glad you live in a CHRISTIAN CIVILIZATION.

happy Christian to all!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

gibbs wrote:
all of you out there who think Christianity is bad,should take a trip to Saudi or Iran and abuse Islam in the same way,that way if you ever get back(not likely) to the CHRISTIAN WEST you will be glad you live in a CHRISTIAN CIVILIZATION.
happy Christian to all!
So because saudi arabias religion is more extreme than yours, we should all stick with your extreme religion instead?

Give us a break. There's a no proof of god and it affects every religion. If you're going to make a relatavistic argument, atheism wins as contains no hateful violence and is based on scientific facts.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

gibbs wrote:
happy Christian to all!
Erm, what about Sweden, or Ireland, or .. well half of Europe?

You really are clueless about world events.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have Sharia law?
Thinking

Carterton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Don't be snippy.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have Sharia law?
Irish

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are clueless about world events.
What about Ireland?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,261 - 9,280 of20,781
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••