Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9827 Dec 21, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to get emotional are you and trying to avoid the main point of discussion. do you?
If there is NOTHING after one dies, then how in the world your sentiments are going to help these poor children and how much your hate and emotions are going to hurt their killers.
Instead of just keep on arguing, why not accept the fact that our Atheist philosophy does not help us out in such cases!!
To accept the truth is much brave that trying to hide your defeat.
Come on, come on, I am waiting!!
Why do you hate life?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9828 Dec 21, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to get emotional are you and trying to avoid the main point of discussion. do you?
If there is NOTHING after one dies, then how in the world your sentiments are going to help these poor children and how much your hate and emotions are going to hurt their killers.
Instead of just keep on arguing, why not accept the fact that our Atheist philosophy does not help us out in such cases!!
To accept the truth is much brave that trying to hide your defeat.
Come on, come on, I am waiting!!
This is not emotional, this is not avoidance.

Are you insane? There is no help for the dead, there is no hurt for their dead killer, and hate for the gunman, is not what I have posted here. He is not the issue, but these lost children are. And as to your atheist philosophy, maybe you could enlighten me. It is something I have never heard of, and I have no idea what it could consist of. I am fairly certain that it is not atheist, nor is it philosophy, but don't let that dissuade you any.

What is your truth that you insist I accept? What are the words that you demand I say? I have said what I think, it is you who cannot comprehend that my thoughts will not coalesce with yours.

Since: Mar 11

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#9831 Dec 21, 2012
Which is exactly what Muslim suicide bombers think yes?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I fear death, when I know there is a whole life after death? The people who think that death is the end of all, it is they who should fear death?
You answer the question I asked, and be reasonable about it!!

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#9832 Dec 21, 2012
Oh boy. Well let me show you Muq.

"MUQ
If there is no atheist philosophy, then what is Atheism all about?

Being without the chains of theism.

How can two atheist deal with each other , when they have nothing in common.

We rejoice in being individuals free of that herd mentality of theism.

Just 'agreeing" that there is no god is not enough, they have to find some alternative to god,

It is called reality.

to explain what is this universe and how come it came into being?

One can live very comfortably not knowing all the answers and enjoying the tested proven theories as they come. Far more liberating than saying some invisible deity magicked everything in existence like ancient sheep herders thought.

As regards these children and their killer, we know that they are not equals, but you atheist you have no answer as to why they are not equals.

You are the only one making that claim. The children will be mourned and celebrated whereas the killer will be reviled with nobody willing to even give him a funeral service.

You are playing on the emotions by using the tears and agony of their parents.... but is that going to help these children in any way? It is for you to answer.

Neither is a make believe fantasy heaven going to help. In fact you would say heaven is better than this life right? So by that logic they are better off dead than alive. The curse you and all your fellow believers must endure. I pity you for that I honestly do.

I am just pointing out a huge drawback in your "assumption" that there is "No life after death and death is the end of matters".

There is no proof for the afterlife and until there is us people of reason will not waste time on such nonsense.

Talk logically and not try to deviate the discussion by inserting personal criticism.
Let it be a civil discussion.

Now answer my questions as I have once again answered yours.

Do you believe that Muslim suicide bombers go to heaven yes or no?

Why do you believe in the holy she camel of Allah?

Earth,TX

#9833 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How can two atheist deal with each other , when they have nothing in common.
Just 'agreeing" that there is no god is not enough, they have to find some alternative to god, to explain what is this universe and how come it came into being?
As regards these children and their killer, we know that they are not equals, but you atheist you have no answer as to why they are not equals.
You are playing on the emotions by using the tears and agony of their parents.... but is that going to help these children in any way? It is for you to answer.
I am just pointing out a huge drawback in your "assumption" that there is "No life after death and death is the end of matters".
Talk logically and not try to deviate the discussion by inserting personal criticism.
Let it be a civil discussion.
We have been through this a hundred times, why will you not read our answers to your questions.

Atheist means not theist.

Philosophy is not needed to be not theist. Atheism is about not having theism, and atheist is what everyone is before they are indoctrinated. That is why religions indoctrinate people, so they won't be atheist anymore. What was your philosophy when you were an atheist?

You are the one who claims an atheist philosophy, why don't you tell us, what it is?

And two atheist can find lot's of things in common, why would you think we can't? Like maybe we both play canasta, or we both garden, or we both love Hawaii, or pecan pies, or weather reports, or the color green, or that we can face our lives without the pretense of a invisible sky monkey protecting us.

Are the only people you can find something in common with, those who thigh babies?

The non believer is the one who claims there is no god, but that has been explained to you already, too. Should two non believers decide to discuss that they neither one believe that any gods exists, does not mean that they need an alternative.

What would that alternative be? A non god, and why would we need it and what would we do with it? Why would the universe's origins have a damned thing to do with anyone being an atheist? That makes no sense?

There is no answer as to why these dead people are not equal, there is not even a question. It's like asking why the car that the killer last rode in was not made part of this news, and the answer is, WTF is wrong with you?

There is no help for those children, that is my answer, and I have told you this before. The dead are not able to be helped, and you are insane for even thinking it.

I am the one who told you how much more impact these children will still have, and that does not equate to the end of matters.

I have been dead, there is nothing after death. Zombies are not your future, no matter what your witch doctor told you, it's not true.

What is your truth that you insist I accept? What are the words that you demand I say? I have said what I think, it is you who cannot comprehend that my thoughts will not coalesce with yours

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9834 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lack of belief in god. All gods invented by human beings.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#9837 Dec 22, 2012
Atheists do not participate in islamic Female Genital Mutilation.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of belief is a "negative definition" give us a Positive definition what is an Atheist.
Tell us who created this Universe, who made these Laws ? Why every thing follows these laws.
We "theists" have a simple answers for all these.
It is you atheists who are "stumped" at every corner and say "We do not know"?
You think you people are smart, in reality you are the dumbest people that one can see on the face of this earth.
Destroying everything, without having any alternate or workable hypothesis!!

Portage, MI

#9838 Dec 22, 2012
Sure theists have an answer for everything. It's a laughing bad answer though! Saying some sky wizard named Allah or Yahweh created everything is so childish.

Lol
Thinking wrote:
Atheists do not participate in islamic Female Genital Mutilation.
<quoted text>

Portage, MI

#9839 Dec 22, 2012
"MUQ

Lack of belief is a "negative definition"

Sorry I know you don't want to accept the truth but that is the correct definition.

give us a Positive definition what is an Atheist.

Atheists positively do not believe in God/s. there ya go! ;)

Tell us who created this Universe, who made these Laws ?

Who created the who? Again this has nothing to do with atheism.

Why every thing follows these laws.

What laws? The ones made by the holy she camel of Allah?

A laughably wrong answer an unverifiable magical thinking one.

Better to say you don't know yet than make sht up and credit your lie to a sky wizard named Allah.

You think you people are smart, in reality you are the dumbest people that one can see on the face of this earth.

Praying to a she camel is pretty dumb but Muslims do it right?

Sounds like Muslims who blow up buildings and such because they think they are pleasing some sky wizard named Allah. Us people of reason look to actual facts not feelings and opinions.
jacktheladat1

Northampton, UK

#9840 Dec 22, 2012
We are behaving like lost sheep. I say it's now time to dump the merry-go-round that leads further and further up our own @rseholes and make at least a good effort to irradiate mug from this forum. He's only achievement on it to date is to set in motion a perpetual wind-up in some other posters mind. He's as interested in, and able to begin to understand the simplest truth now, as he was months ago. He's far worse than haemorrhoids, since they may be successfully treated.
He WASTES valuable bandwidth every day. He has no intention what-so-ever to debate on a logical platform. He has no intention what-so-ever to offer any response to questions put to him regarding where he stands with his faith, or its foundations. Responses he does offer to questions are those NOT asked of him. His scripted patter is an insult to our intelligence. His diabolical command of the language renders his meaning totally lost to one & all, most, if not all the time. This forum could debate with high merits, MINUS mug.
How say YOU? I for one,have every intention of reporting to the owners, his continued unwarranted harassment of others on this thread.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#9841 Dec 22, 2012
Muq's is unable to see Islam as just another superstition - similar to Christianity, Hinduism or witchcraft. Religious beliefs can do that to some people. He thinks that relinquishing religion is "Destroying everything, without having any alternate or workable hypothesis!!" (Muq's post 9836)

Relgion = superstition
Theology = mythology

To achieve a world free of superstition and without religious dogma and divisions, one must first imagine it....

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#9842 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of belief is a "negative definition" give us a Positive definition what is an Atheist.
Tell us who created this Universe, who made these Laws ? Why every thing follows these laws.
Must have been the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>We "theists" have a simple answers for all these.
Yup; the Flying Spaghetti Monster. He done it. You're right; that *is* simple!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text> It is you atheists who are "stumped" at every corner and say "We do not know"?
Unlike you, atheists do not pretend to "know" that which is clearly (or not currently) not know.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text> You think you people are smart, in reality you are the dumbest people that one can see on the face of this earth.
How are those flying lessons coming along?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#9843 Dec 22, 2012
I think there is no further need for me to comment on this "fan mail" I received.

These people who all claim to be extremely knowledgeable , reasonable and logical.....are unable to answer this simple question I asked.

"Is according to atheist beliefs Adam and his victims became equals when they were dead?"

And

"Why more people should not follow the example of Adam".

No one answered these questions, and they went on criticising me and Islam and what I believe in.

The question of my beliefs was not a part of question I asked!!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#9844 Dec 22, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64

Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.

Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.

Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.

Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.

G. The Case of : JEWS OF BANI QURAIDHAH

This is the case which enemies of Islam highlight much and present our prophet as a "merciless killer" who witnessed the murder of whole Jewish tribe in cold blood and there is hardly any western biographer of Prophet's life who does not shed 'crocodiles tears' at the fate of these Jews.

But seeing the conduct of prophet with Jewish tribes of his time living in Arabia, before or after the JEWS OF BANI QURAIDHAH , we find that their case was an exception.

1. Prophet and his pact with Jewish Tribes of Madina:

When prophet came to Madina, three Jewish Tribes were living there and one of the First Act which prophet did was to write a pact of unified defense and co-existence between Muslims and these three jewish tribes.

They were given freedom to continue and practice their religion and live in Madina, and have a pact of 'joint defense' with Muslims should there be any outside attack. And they should live in peace and harmony and do not do any act which harms any party.

2. How Prophet dealt with Other Jewish Tribes:

But as it happens, these jewish tribes broke their pact with Muslims one by one. The first tribe was BANI QAINUQAH, who were asked to leave Madina with their possessions and arms … they went and settled with Jews of KHAIBAR and others.

The second were BANI NADHEER, who also broke the pact and prophet lay a siege to their locality and after a brief resistance, they surrendered to prophet and he asked them to leave Madina with household goods that can be carried on camels. They destroyed their own houses (so that Muslims should not use them) and loaded their goods on camels, and left Madina and got settled in KHAIBAR a Jewish Community some distance from Madina.

Then prophet conquered KHAIBAR and other Jewish communities like FADAK, TEIMA, etc. He made a peace pact with them on payment of Tribute which is called JIZYA in Arabic.

3. BANI QURAIZAH were exception and not the rule:

So we do not find that in ANY case of prophet dealing with Jews, where the punishment given to Jews of BANI QURAIZAH was repeated. And we do not know another case in 1400 years of Islamic history, where this rule was used against ANY people, be it Jews, Christians or Jews themselves.

So by any standard this was an exception, and people should look into what was the Crime of This Jewish Tribe and why they deserved Exemplary Punishment. And on another level we should see, if this was not the punishment which Torah itself provided.

(Contd.)

Scottsburg, IN

#9845 Dec 22, 2012
So you refuse to answer questions asked of you and you just want to return to your spam clogging up the thread?

You will be reported. Your last warning Muq.
MUQ wrote:
Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.
Those who have experience of administration know Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.
Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.
Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he
(Contd.)

Earth,TX

#9847 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a positive definition of the word "negative".

Atheist = without theism.
Evolutionist = one who believes in evolution
Non-believer = one who does not believe in gods, maybe "agodist" will help you understand.

Atheist (without theism) the only negative is the >> not included << component of theism
Theist (with theism) the positive (as in adding a component*) is the addition of theism

Who created the universe, duh, no one. It was not created, it happened and dream time snake and turtle made it happen. Look around at the earth, we have proof of both snake and turtle, which is more than you can prove of any god.

The laws are man-made and so are the defective and limited gods**. Everything does not follow the laws, there is almost always exceptions to the rule.

Not knowing all the answers is wonderful, I can't imagine anything more horrible than to have nothing else that I would need to learn, because I already knew it all.

Simple answers? God did it? Which god? There were gods before your god? Their spell casters claimed their god created the universe, before your god's spell casters claimed it for your god.

Real simple, huh? Why could your god claim such a thing? Because he is an easily refitted tool used to benefit your self appointed Ju-Ju men, just as all gods are.

Destroying everything? Are we the ones who are sending suicide bombers out? Are we the ones thighing babies?

* not necessarily a good thing, think cancer, polio, religion, diabetes, leukemia

.** includes all of the gods

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#9848 Dec 22, 2012
jacktheladat1 wrote:
We are behaving like lost sheep. I say it's now time to dump the merry-go-round that leads further and further up our own @rseholes and make at least a good effort to irradiate mug from this forum. He's only achievement on it to date is to set in motion a perpetual wind-up in some other posters mind. He's as interested in, and able to begin to understand the simplest truth now, as he was months ago. He's far worse than haemorrhoids, since they may be successfully treated.
He WASTES valuable bandwidth every day. He has no intention what-so-ever to debate on a logical platform. He has no intention what-so-ever to offer any response to questions put to him regarding where he stands with his faith, or its foundations. Responses he does offer to questions are those NOT asked of him. His scripted patter is an insult to our intelligence. His diabolical command of the language renders his meaning totally lost to one & all, most, if not all the time. This forum could debate with high merits, MINUS mug.
How say YOU? I for one,have every intention of reporting to the owners, his continued unwarranted harassment of others on this thread.
Already started!

Earth,TX

#9849 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
I think there is no further need for me to comment on this "fan mail" I received.
These people who all claim to be extremely knowledgeable , reasonable and logical.....are unable to answer this simple question I asked.
"Is according to atheist beliefs Adam and his victims became equals when they were dead?"
And
"Why more people should not follow the example of Adam".
No one answered these questions, and they went on criticising me and Islam and what I believe in.
The question of my beliefs was not a part of question I asked!!
True, there is no further need of your idiocy here. Your question has been answered repeatedly, it is you who can't or won't understand that we do not have the answer that you will accept, but instead we give the answer we know as truth.

Atheist beliefs are a non existent thing, atheist means not theist. There are no beliefs in not being a theist, just like there are no beliefs required for you not to be a Cajun woman, right. Those things that you aren't, do not require you to have beliefs, to not be those things, right? Atheist is not a chosen thing, it is the default, no human is theist, until they are indoctrinated. Before indoctrination, they are all atheist.

Death does make one anything, other than dead. So no' death did not make them equal, but it did make them dead.

The reason more people shouldn't follow Adam's example, is first of all Adam is a shitty example of someone to follow. Next he is dead, a murderer, a loser, a nut-case, a freak, not in any way a leader, and did I say loser? What is there to follow?

And criticizing is our way of outing the monstrous practices of your abhorrent and malicious religion.

Earth,TX

#9850 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.
Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.
G. The Case of : JEWS OF BANI QURAIDHAH
This is the case which enemies of Islam highlight much and present our prophet as a "merciless killer" who witnessed the murder of whole Jewish tribe in cold blood and there is hardly any western biographer of Prophet's life who does not shed 'crocodiles tears' at the fate of these Jews.
But seeing the conduct of prophet with Jewish tribes of his time living in Arabia, before or after the JEWS OF BANI QURAIDHAH , we find that their case was an exception.
1. Prophet and his pact with Jewish Tribes of Madina:
When prophet came to Madina, three Jewish Tribes were living there and one of the First Act which prophet did was to write a pact of unified defense and co-existence between Muslims and these three jewish tribes.
They were given freedom to continue and practice their religion and live in Madina, and have a pact of 'joint defense' with Muslims should there be any outside attack. And they should live in peace and harmony and do not do any act which harms any party.
2. How Prophet dealt with Other Jewish Tribes:
But as it happens, these jewish tribes broke their pact with Muslims one by one. The first tribe was BANI QAINUQAH, who were asked to leave Madina with their possessions and arms … they went and settled with Jews of KHAIBAR and others.
The second were BANI NADHEER, who also broke the pact and prophet lay a siege to their locality and after a brief resistance, they surrendered to prophet and he asked them to leave Madina with household goods that can be carried on camels. They destroyed their own houses (so that Muslims should not use them) and loaded their goods on camels, and left Madina and got settled in KHAIBAR a Jewish Community some distance from Madina.
Then prophet conquered KHAIBAR and other Jewish communities like FADAK, TEIMA, etc. He made a peace pact with them on payment of Tribute which is called JIZYA in Arabic.
3. BANI QURAIZAH were exception and not the rule:
So we do not find that in ANY case of prophet dealing with Jews, where the punishment given to Jews of BANI QURAIZAH was repeated. And we do not know another case in 1400 years of Islamic history, where this rule was used against ANY people, be it Jews, Christians or Jews themselves.
So by any standard this was an exception, and people should look into what was the Crime of This Jewish Tribe and why they deserved Exemplary Punishment. And on another level we should see, if this was not the punishment which Torah itself provided.
(Contd.)
Just a suggestion: Which “Sword” did the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64
64 times, at least, you have written it, wrongly. Re-word it, that way at least the sentence makes sense in English. And prophets using swords does not compute, just call him what he really was , he was a thug, and his followers still are.

Earth,TX

#9852 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported to whom? GWB the Great? Or Obama or CIA or FBI?
Do you own the thread?
Topix administrators, who actually have rules as to what can be posted in these threads. These forums are for interaction between posters, and not for 4,000 word blocks of copy and paste crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 42 min Paul Scott 30,198
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 47 min Paul Scott 70,280
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr AFry 14,735
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 12 hr John 70,630
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 12 hr Paul Scott 3,800
How To Get To Heaven When You Die 13 hr Eagle 12 87
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 hr Eagle 12 258,473
More from around the web