Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#9762 Dec 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a belief.
What is Atheism, O Great Teacher?
Atheist Silurist

Oldham, UK

#9763 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take more notice of what Islam is.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57559784/...

Since: Mar 11

United States

#9764 Dec 18, 2012
It seems that some of the teachings in the Quran shame you as you keep refusing to speak about the holy she camel of Allah.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No one brought to me any "proof" that Josephus really existed.
And No one said from Atheists point of view, whether Adam Lanza and his victims reached same status or not?
And you are trying to change the subject, instead of answering my questions.
And you still claim that you are reasonable and logical and educated and civilized and not me!!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#9767 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is my agenda?
I just visualized what would have been the response of US and US media if the criminal were of different lots.
If you find any thing wrong in it, point it out.
And IF your aunt had cajones she'd be your uncle....dammitall, I wish you'd either make a point or take a hike....sheeeeit mofo just what is that gray stuff between your ears....dirty cotton batting?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#9768 Dec 18, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a specific reference?
Ephesians 6:5

New International Version (©1984)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ;

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Slaves, obey your human masters with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ.

International Standard Version (©2012)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear, trembling, and sincerity, as when you obey the Messiah.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Servants, obey your Masters who are in the flesh with reverence and trembling and with simplicity of heart, as unto The Messiah,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with proper respect. Be as sincere as you are when you obey Christ.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

American King James Version
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as to Christ;

American Standard Version
Servants, be obedient unto them that according to the flesh are your masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Douay-Rheims Bible
Servants, be obedient to them that are your lords according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the simplicity of your heart, as to Christ:

Darby Bible Translation
Bondmen, obey masters according to flesh, with fear and trembling, in simplicity of your heart as to the Christ;

English Revised Version
Servants, be obedient unto them that according to the flesh are your masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Webster's Bible Translation
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as to Christ;

Weymouth New Testament
Slaves, be obedient to your earthly masters, with respect and eager anxiety to please and with simplicity of motive as if you were obeying Christ.

World English Bible
Servants, be obedient to those who according to the flesh are your masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as to Christ;

Young's Literal Translation
The servants! obey the masters according to the flesh with fear and trembling, in the simplicity of your heart, as to the Christ;

Is that specific enough?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#9769 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
What about Adam Lanza?
I see every one pouring their heart out for those innocent children who died at the hand of Adam Lanza.

Let us hear from our Atheists friends, what do they think?
1.Is it "natural and reasonable" that Adam Lanza and his victims meet the same end?
2. Once they died, their file is closed for ever? A Killer and Innocent Victim became equal after death?
3. Is that the way, this Universe is supposed to be running?
4. Why there should not be more Adam Lanza s in future?
I am asking this because similar Questions were asked after the Virginia Tech killing and people "thought" that such incidents would never be repeated again. They were wrong!!
1. They're all dead, that's the reality of the situation.
2. They're all dead, that about as equal as you can get. Wishful thinking does not change this.
3. What has the universe got to do with anything?
4. You're not a fortune teller, neither am I, that is a fact.

What people "think" is irrelevant. Do try to stick with the facts, your idle speculation is of no consequence. Neither is mine, it will not bring the children, the adults or young Mr. Alanza himself back, are all dead and gone.

We can only give comfort and support to the surviving families, friends and trauma victims.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#9770 Dec 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whole world knows what Islam is, now let us see what Atheism is!!
Atheism = without belief.

There, asked and answered.

Scottsburg, IN

#9771 Dec 18, 2012
Just as soon as you tell us about the holy she camel of Allah. Why does the teachings of the Quran shame you so?

Again if you chose to deny Josephus it only makes my job as an atheist all the easier.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You still did not tell me how you KNOW that Josephus existed? Why try to change the subject, unless you satisfy my query?

Scottsburg, IN

#9772 Dec 18, 2012
Unlike Muq who refuses to answer questions or gives a silly non answer. For example I have several times asked him a simple yes or no question does he believe Muslim suicide bombers go to heaven. All he has to do is say yes or say no.

All this time and still he refuses to answer this.
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism = without belief.
There, asked and answered.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#9773 Dec 19, 2012
Have you tried asking allah's holy she camel?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#9776 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a negative answer.
It is like when you ask to describe what color is black, you say what is not white.
Give a positive answer, what is Atheism?
Otherwise you are just like a herd of animals, each immersed in his or her own world.
I never thought Atheists would be such superficial people, who do not even have any beliefs except keep on repeating "there is no God, there are no religions, there are no prophets, there are no rules of morality, there is no difference between a normal marriage and marriage between two Sodomites and two Lesbians"
It's a category which defines any and all people who are not in the category "theism". Literally "a-theism" means "not theism".

Nothing more.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9777 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No one brought to me any "proof" that Josephus really existed.
And No one said from Atheists point of view, whether Adam Lanza and his victims reached same status or not?
And you are trying to change the subject, instead of answering my questions.
And you still claim that you are reasonable and logical and educated and civilized and not me!!
WHEN are you going to consider answering ME? You have more BS than all the stud farms in the northern hemisphere. Pity it can't be commercialized, you'd be an overnight multi millionaire.

Location hidden

#9778 Dec 19, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 6:5
New International Version (©1984)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.
English Standard Version (©2001)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ;
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Slaves, obey your human masters with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ.
International Standard Version (©2012)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear, trembling, and sincerity, as when you obey the Messiah.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Servants, obey your Masters who are in the flesh with reverence and trembling and with simplicity of heart, as unto The Messiah,
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with proper respect. Be as sincere as you are when you obey Christ.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
American King James Version
American Standard Version
Douay-Rheims Bible
Servants, be obedient to them that are your lords according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the simplicity of your heart, as to Christ:
Darby Bible Translation
Bondmen, obey masters according to flesh, with fear and trembling, in simplicity of your heart as to the Christ;
English Revised Version
Webster's Bible Translation
Weymouth New Testament
Slaves, be obedient to your earthly masters, with respect and eager anxiety to please and with simplicity of motive as if you were obeying Christ.
World English Bible
Servants, be obedient to those who according to the flesh are your masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as to Christ;
Young's Literal Translation
The servants! obey the masters according to the flesh with fear and trembling, in the simplicity of your heart, as to the Christ;
Is that specific enough?
I'll open a book, taking all bets.

Location hidden

#9779 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you not tell the fact as you KNOW it?
That they are all dead and we did not see any "difference between them".
We do not CARE what shall happen to them?
We will keep on living our own lives!!
Now tell me, why More and More Adam Lanza type of people should not come forward?
What should prevent them from using his example? Fear of Death? fear of Law? Pressure from society?
What should the driving force behind all these?
WHY do have have the need to perpetually prove you're absolutely nuts?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#9780 Dec 19, 2012
Because his country's name doesn't end in the suffix -stan.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tell me, why More and More Adam Lanza type of people should not come forward?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#9781 Dec 19, 2012
Muck is an Indian guy working for the Saudis, because Saudi's struggle to do anything themselves. But they can recite the koran, so well done them.

Muck is very touchy on the subject of islamic Female Genital Mutilation and won't tell us more about allah's holy she camel, as described in the koran.

Out of interest, if you google "holy she camel", the pages of childish nonsense that come up are quite an eye opener.
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHEN are you going to consider answering ME? You have more BS than all the stud farms in the northern hemisphere. Pity it can't be commercialized, you'd be an overnight multi millionaire.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9782 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whole world knows what Islam is, now let us see what Atheism is!!
Atheism is a descriptive for those of us who don't believe in any gods. It's a "for lack of a better word" word.

United States

#9783 Dec 19, 2012
Exactly that spambot toilet scrubber Muq refuses to answer a simple yes or no question but wants to demand others answer his long winded nonsense questions.

You can tell he is very low functioning.
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHEN are you going to consider answering ME? You have more BS than all the stud farms in the northern hemisphere. Pity it can't be commercialized, you'd be an overnight multi millionaire.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9784 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the lack of theism.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9785 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a negative answer.
It is like when you ask to describe what color is black, you say what is not white.
Give a positive answer, what is Atheism?
Otherwise you are just like a herd of animals, each immersed in his or her own world.
I never thought Atheists would be such superficial people, who do not even have any beliefs except keep on repeating "there is no God, there are no religions, there are no prophets, there are no rules of morality, there is no difference between a normal marriage and marriage between two Sodomites and two Lesbians"
It means no theism, that is all. Just the complete abscence of any theism.

Now I haven't seen you repeating this stupidity yet, but you are the only one I have ever known of to say it >>>>"there is no God, there are no religions, there are no prophets, there are no rules of morality, there is no difference between a normal marriage and marriage between two Sodomites and two Lesbians" <<<<. That is strictly yours, but let's break it down.

You: There is no god
Me: There is no evidence of any gods.

You: there are no religions
Me: Of course there are, thousands and thousands, and they are all the only true one. LOL!

You:there are no prophets
Me: Of course there are, but they are not bringing the word of any god. Look at your prophet, if a god were involved, the play of a adult males penis would never be more important than the safety of a tiny infant who has just spent nine months being nurtured and protected by her mothers body. That a so-called prophet could sanction this insanity(baby raping), tells without doubt that his only interest is his own desires, with not a bit of input from any god.

You: there are no rules of morality
Me: Of course there are, but they didn't come from a god. We human beings do not need an invisible sky fairy to control us, we can and do, do it on our own. No threats needed

You: there is no difference between a normal marriage and marriage between two Sodomites and two Lesbians
Me:Normal marriages? They are all 3 normal marriages and are in no way your business unless you are in the marriage. By Sodomites, do you means your breathren who are f*cking babies in the rectums?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min Subduction Zone 57,928
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 1 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,919
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Hedonist Heretic 27,252
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 8 hr Subduction Zone 1,782
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 9 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 132
News The Atheist Delusion': Ray Comfort's Masterpiece (Jun '16) 15 hr Eagle 12 78
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... (Apr '16) 15 hr Eagle 12 160
More from around the web